Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• reddavreddav Member Posts: 1
    Regarding Honda extended warranties you can buy them from any dealer including one on the East Coast who was selling at cost or below. Same warranty same coverage that other dealers charge more for. There was a legal scirmish with Honda Corp but the dealer got a stay from the court to keep selling natiowide via the internet. Can't remember what dealer but if anyones is interested I can find the news report I'm referenceing.

AND, if anyone is still in the market for a Honda the latest round of Honda incentives expire on May 4 so keep this in mind.

PLUS if you do get a new Honda go thru the Fleet Manager to save time, money and hassles and be sure to ask for LAUTTO (it's Free) which for your Honda can get you up to around 24,000 seperate chances at winning the pay-off on the $24,000 cost of the auto. (Yes, I got LAUTTO on my last new auto and the more people that get it leads to more chances for me and all of us!)
  • joey30joey30 Member Posts: 2
    I am about to purchase a new 2009 Honda accord EXL-V6 w/nav and I plan to buy the extended warranty and was wondering if any of you out there have purchased this warranty and what you paid for it.
    your input is appreciated.
    Joe in Phoenix AZ
  • wwaynewwayne Member Posts: 2
    $21849 is good price! could you tell where you bought it? is your tax 6% or 7%? I am looking for the EX in atlanta too. anyinfo will be appreciated.
  • fjownerfjowner Member Posts: 6
    This site is great! I would like to thank everyone that posts what they paid for there vehicles. This will give me ammo for when i go into the dealer to barter!
    I'm in Wilmington NC and will be buying a EX-L V6 Coupe w/o Navi in begining of July before the 3.9% apr expires. I'll be trading in a 2001 Sentra SE w/102000 miles on it. Any ideas what i'd be paying? Looks like TMV $26500+ for the Coupe and hope $3000 for my Sentra.
  • 1stbmw1stbmw Member Posts: 8
    What dealer did you buy from? I am in Atlanta and am planning to buy one in the next two months. Thanks!
  • faithful2hondafaithful2honda Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,
    I own a 2005 Honda Accord EX and am approaching the recommend 60k maintenance mark. I read my owner's manual and it seems like this a major service that must be done to ensure the car stays in good running condition. My question is two fold - first, should you change the trans. fluid or not? second, should you get all the recommended services. I've been fortunate that I've never had any issues with my vehicle and would like to keep it that way. :)

Thanks for the input.
  • michaeljhmichaeljh Member Posts: 5
    You should get the transmission fluid changed. I have a 2005 Accord LX and I just got the 60K service done in December and had the transmission fluid changed and all the recommended services done. At the most, you are talking about $400, which is basically one car payment.

I was recently at Monro and I talked to a woman there getting an oil change. She had a 1982 Honda Accord LX sedan with 450,000 miles on it. She said it has been cheap to operate and a great vehicle.

Hondas, compared to other vehicles, really don't take much to maintain. It's worth it to do the recommended maintenance. I got to a Honda mechanic who also has his own repair shop and he says "Why not get the required services? You're not talking about that much money." I would agree.
  • foxygfoxyg Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking to buy a honda accord 2009 LX sedan, I went to talk to a dealer, the lowest price I manage to obtain is $19200 including options, but before tax title and fees.

I live in Nashville TN, is $19200 a good price for this car?

Thanks
  • davidl2davidl2 Member Posts: 4
    What's a good price to pay for this car? Dealer offered me 30322 OTD today and said he couldn't go any lower.
  • accordboi03accordboi03 Member Posts: 7
    Hello all

Considering the incentives that were available last month- I traded my 08 Accord EX coupe- 4 cylinder for a new 2009 Accord EXL V6 in Black on Black on Thursday April 30th.

I paid $ 26,000 including destination- I added remote start and splash guards.

I financed the balance at Honda's 3.9 for 60 months.
  • accordboi03accordboi03 Member Posts: 7
    Your best bet is to sell your Sentra privately- so you can get more money and just focus on the price of the Accord coupe during your purchase.
  • fjownerfjowner Member Posts: 6
    I'd hold out a week or so until they come down another grand or two. Thats still too much. I'm guessing around $28500 or $29000 tops but i've just started looking at these prices myself.
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    I would look at the prices people are paying for the exl v6 without nav and add in the cost differential which is 2k which means it should be around the high 25k to low 26k area.
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    I'm not sure which dealer the other poster purchased theirs from but I had a great experience with Hennessy Honda in Woodstock. I have also had great experiences in the past with Gwinnett Place Honda in Duluth. I would stay away from Mall of Georgia and Honda Carland.

I have bought 12 new Hondas over the last 10 years so I have a good amount of experience with all in the Atlanta market. The best two in my opinion are Hennessy and Gwinnett Place. I can give you contact information for both if you are interested.

I bought my EX-L Nav - for approx $2000 under invoice.
  • igorkrigorkr Member Posts: 7
    Anyone has any info on May - June 09 incentives? Any marketing support available? Edmunds showing that there aren't any, I wonder if it's true... any help is appreciated.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I just double checked and you're right, Edmunds isn't showing ANYTHING for Honda. No lease deals, low APR financing or Marketing Support, etc.

The previous incentives just expired (I seem to remember an expiration date of 5/4/09 on some/all of them). I'm sure that Edmunds either hasn't received the information on the new incentives or hasn't gotten them posted. I can't imagine that Honda is doing so well that they don't have to offer some incentives....like every other player in the game!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • amp55amp55 Member Posts: 1
    Honda finance shows the 2.9/3.9 extended until July. Not sure about lease deals.
  • igorkrigorkr Member Posts: 7
    Still not seeing anything out there... I doubt that they are doing so well that they won't be having any incentives in May 09. Is that possible?
  • golfdude1golfdude1 Member Posts: 12
    the MF went down. The dealership here in Houston said it went from .000250 down to .000207. Toyota dealership is stating the same. I think the car companies are still hurting and they will do what it takes to move the cars.

Trying to get into an Accord now. LX
    MSRP $22,375
    CAP COST $20,178
    MF: .000207
    RES AT 57%
    35months
    only $500 out of pocket.
    T&TL already taken care of.

What do you guys think? A good deal or not?
  • ram_mdxram_mdx Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

Is there any news on May month incentives. I am looking to buy Accord V6 EXL w/o nav. What would be the best price I can pay for this vehicle including destination charges. I live Philly.

Thanks
  • jlyndjlynd Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a good price. What dealer did you use? I have a quote for closer to $25,500 OTD from Central Illinois. I will drive for $1500 !
  • mrfreebiemrfreebie Member Posts: 1
    looks like they raised the dealer cash to $1500 on accords (from $1000) until July 6 and continued the financing until July 6 also.
  • havlowhavlow Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the exact same car in NC for 24000.00 OTD this afternoon. The salesman wanted 25700 and I showed him quotes around 24.2k and 24.1k and told him I would buy today at 24k exactly. It took 30 minutes but he finally agreed. I'm pretty sure you can come down considerably on that 25,500 there in Chicago.
    can you break down the price of the car, taxes ,etc..?
  • jimbo30jimbo30 Member Posts: 4
    A salesman just told me that the $1,500 incentive only applies to Accord EX 4-cyl and above, and that the $1,000 incentive still applies for the other models. Can anyone confirm this? Or is he just pulling my leg?

BTW, I've hit a wall. It looks like I'm staring at $20,600 OTD for an LX. It's higher than other OTD prices that I've seen here, but the difference is that I live in CA, which means a 9.25% sales tax. Ouch.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Confirmed.
  • gogosinggogosing Member Posts: 2
    One of dealers I contacted told me that there was $1000 hidden dealer cash other than $1000 last month, and he said it is gone now. Anyone heard about this?
    or is he just pulling my legs?

Last month: $1000+$1000=$2000
    This month: $1000(LX-S) $1500(EX)

those are all coupe.
    Rechecked the offer and found destination was included. So the breakdown is:

vehicle 22,564
    dest 670
    tax 1410
    doc fee 152
    filing fee 25
    ---------------------
    24,821 + plates/title

This is a first offer, so I should be able to get a bit more off.
  • sam011002sam011002 Member Posts: 8
    When I bought my EXL V6 the internet salesperson told me something about an additional $1000 that was offered on the basis of the number of Accords sold. He said they were assigned two goals, if they reached the first they received an extra $500 for each car they sold, if they reached the second, they received another $500 for a total of $1000 for each Accord they sold that month. He told me that they had received word from Honda that that incentive would not be continued in May.
  • howmuchyoupayhowmuchyoupay Member Posts: 12
    a google search on hidden honda incentives confirm the info you got about the additional $1000 last month.
  • ecb2ecb2 Member Posts: 3
    I'm also about to purchase a new 2009 Honda accord EXL-V6 w/nav. In Chicagoland. The only option I know I want is the remote starter. What's the best OTD price people are paying?
  • leasing_hondaleasing_honda Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

I want to buy Honda Accord LX-P 2009. Last month I was getting a quote of 330$ per month for next 5 years at 3.9% APR at an invoice of around 18000$ after 1500$ down payment including tags and taxes etc in Maryland. Now this deal is gone.Because there are no incentives from Honda for this month.

I checked today and price has increased. Now I am getting 355$ per month with everything same as above. Is it a good deal?

Anybody has an idea about the May incentives or new Honda incentives for next month?
    What about Honda's clearance sale?

I am confused whether to wait or pay 355$ per month.

Please advice
  • java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    Hello,
    This forum was very helpful for me to negotiate the price, and than you all and i thoght i will put down my experiences of buying new 2009 Accord EX-L 4cyl AT.
    Name- Honda cars of Katy.
    Location- Houston Texas
    MSRP -$29,550.00
    Paid $ 23,500.00
    Includes- Window tint-$295.00, Life time tire safe- $295.00, Protection package $895.00, Diamon Fusion- $200.00, Rear wing spoiler $791.00.
    Looking at all the additions it is like i paid $21,000(includes distination) plus TTL.
    Hope this helps.
    I think i got a hell of a deal. Thanks guys for all the imput
  • java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    Hello,
    This forum was very helpful for me to negotiate the price, and than you all and i thought i will put down my experiences of buying new 2009 Accord EX-L 4cyl AT.
    Name- Honda cars of Katy.
    Location- Houston Texas
    MSRP -$29,550.00
    Paid $ 23,500.00
    Includes- Window tint-$295.00, Life time tire safe- $295.00, Protection package $895.00, Diamon Fusion- $200.00, Rear wing spoiler $791.00.
    Looking at all the add ons it is like i paid $21,000(includes destination) plus TTL.
    Hope this helps
    I am assuming that with that MSRP your car has navigation included?
  • tinypatchtinypatch Member Posts: 7
    Is it possible to get a better price on the 2009 Honda Accod 4 cyl EX-l than 23,500.00? I would like to get it for 22,000.00 including title and destination fee. Is this price possible? Is there anyone out there that has bought this car for less than 23,500.00?
    Last month you could perhaps have gotten that deal. Prices are at least $500-$1000 more this month. Maybe Honda will have another Accord sale in June.
  • johnindelrayjohnindelray Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone recommend a good Honda dealeer in South Florida?
    I'd like to buy a new Accord EX-L V6 Automatic Sedan.
    Thanks,
    JohnInDelray
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    Bought my '06 there. Also try Pompano Honda and Holman Honda

The Sandman :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• sam011002sam011002 Member Posts: 8
    I believe you can still get a better price then $23,500. I would suggest sending out internet requests to about 10 dealers, and then work them against each other. I know the prices have gone up in May, but I purchased a EXL V6 for $23300 including destination in April. Good luck.
    The best offer I have is $22,745 BEFORE tax/title/license/fees.
    Next best is $23,235 BEFORE tax/title/license/fees.
    Two others are $23,505 and $24,420...

These deals are not that great, but you can see the amount of variability for the same car in the same general area.

Can I hope for anything better, or is it time to shut down the search and see what June brings?

Also I test drove a Nissan Altima just because I am tired of Honda dealers. That is a FUN car. If I could get a decent deal on one of those I'd give it a shot.
    where did you purchase ? That is a awesome deal....
    What are the typical costs for dealer documentation fees? I have a dealer that charges $298? Is this typical?
    " I test drove a Nissan Altima just because I am tired of Honda dealers. "

I suspect that they may be quite tired of you, as well.

:D
  • leasing_hondaleasing_honda Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

Is there going to be any good incentives from Honda on Memorial Day to buy a Honda Accord LX-P 2009 model? If yes then can you please provide the details?
  • gogosinggogosing Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for LX-S coupe. I have a quote $22300 OTD price almost every dealer in this area, but suddenly they give me $500 less quote from last week, so I suspect there is an additional incentives coming back this week.

Anyone heard of?
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Member Posts: 142
    I am attempting to get a "fair' deal on an EXL V6, but the numbers are seemingly worse May over April..

It appears, unlike other manufacturers, Honda does not have issues in moving Accords. This was confirmed by two dealers I spoke to and one was worried about a shortage of 2009 Accords coming in as Honda cut production.

Only one in the know can confirm Honda has the car sales woes .. ala Toyota, GM, Chrysler.

Plus, I see lots of Accords on the road of late.
  • ecb2ecb2 Member Posts: 3
    Ha. Just learned that dealers will NOT install a remote starter on a manual transmission. "Liability if the driver leaves the vehicle in first gear." I guess that makes sense, although I'm disappointed.
    Did you buy a sedan or a coupe?
    I purchased a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L for 22,225.00 including destination fee and documentation fees. Did I get a fair price?