Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mcbuyermcbuyer Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the reply. That is one heck of a deal. From what I understand, last month there was a $1,000 manufacturer to dealer cash. But on top of that, there was an additional $1,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive if they met their sales goal. Basically, a potential $2,000 incentive.
    This month there's a $1,500 manufacturer to dealer cash. The big question is, do they have the additional sales goal incentive? That would make a big difference in the price of the car. Hopefully it will be brought back, if it hasn't already. I think a lot of buyers would come off the fence if that happened. I know you must be excited about driving your new vehicle. Enjoy.
    Hang in there. The delears job is to try to get the most out of you. I think most of the Honda salespeople in Hawaii are good people and low pressure for the most part. But they don't control the prices. However, a good saleperson could guide you to what the sales manager will accept. I've had quite a few positive experiences but the salepeople that I have dealt with and bought from in the past are no longer there. I guess the casualties of this economic downturn. I hope they are doing well in their current endeavors. I'll let you know if/when I purchase a vehicle at a price that seems fair to me (which is generally acceptable from posters on this forum). I'm in no rush to buy, but would take advantage of the additional sales goal incentive if it is out there. But if you're in the market or need a new ride now. It's really not a bad time to buy.

Just my 2 cents.
  • ram_mdxram_mdx Member Posts: 13
    $ 21800 is a awesome deal for EXL Auto Sedan. Have you got the car yet? What state are you in?
  • brianjandreaubrianjandreau Member Posts: 67
    I didn't get the deal for 21,800. My deal was for 21,900. Check out post #23457:

"Hi There,

I live in san francisco, ca and looking to buy 2009 Accord EX-L Sedan AT trans (no navigation) this few days. I got a quote after much haggling for $21,800 (destination fee included). I just have to pay for tax and dmv fee and doc fee. Do you think this is a fair price?

Anybody can tell me if I can get lower than $21,800?"

The person who wrote this response did. He/she got his deal in CA. Mine, for 100 more, was in Maine. It's interesting that we are on opposite ends of the country.

I didn't have to haggle as much as he/she did. I simply used e-mail to play dealers off each other. Simple!
  • pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    Hi,

I was wondering what quotes people are receiving in the Philadelphia area?

Thx
  • car67car67 Member Posts: 2
    I wish I could get a deal like that in Orlando, FL. Anyone has any thoughts on dealers in Orlando?
  • cpbnyccpbnyc Member Posts: 2
    I'm coming to the end of my leasing agreement with Honda. It's a 2006 Accord and I'm over on the mileage plus a little damage, dings, no accidents, and I've kept up with the maintenance. The buyout is 11,995, non-negotiable according to Honda Finance. What should I watch out for when I go to Honda? My lease ends on July 13, but I want to buy it buy the end of May. Is it better to wait?? Please help with any information, suggestions, etc. Thank you!!
    Well, some dealers quoted me 25,684.00 (including dest fee). Is this acceptable?
    That looks like a very good price. It is essentially invoice ($26,014) + dest ($670) - dealer cash ($1,000). Unless there are other incentives out there, I don't think you'll get much lower.

just my humble opinion
  • according2according2 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for the same car, can you tell me where you found this deal. The best I have been offered is 22,300.00 +_Trans + TTL and that was in marin.
    Thanks
  • ram_mdxram_mdx Member Posts: 13
    I am sure you will not get for this price. $21,800 (destination fee included).
  • socalcarbuyersocalcarbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Lowest quote I have gotten from so cal dealership is for $20,680 plus TTL, is this a good price?

It seems like it is already $2k below invoice, I thought there is only an $1,500 incentive to the dealership in May, What am I missing?
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Sometimes there are secret incentives and you are never told about them. Sometimes I think it is a way to rip-off the car salesman so that they don't get paid on the secret rebates. The Car dealer pretends like he is not making anything on the deal, and pays the salesman a minimal amount. Actually , he is pocketing the money from Honda and not telling the customer or the salesman.
  • alrightwmealrightwme Member Posts: 2
    I am shopping for the 2009 Accoud Coupe EX the best price I found was 21538 that was through carsdirect.com. I took that number to the dealer here Courtesy Palm Harbor Honda and they took the offer. They also give you the cargo net, hard trunk inside cover and few other little things. Now I have to decide between the Accord or Toyota Camry... Tough discussion... Love both cars...
  • zulu2zulu2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in a similar boat with my 2006 lease that ends in July, so I would like to hear other's experience on this process as well. My buyout is $12K, I'm under the mileage limit with only 30K, with normal wear and tear. I guess my expectations were that I could show up at the dealer with a check for the buyout and any outstanding payments (if I did it early) and drive away with my car.
  • dan2008dan2008 Member Posts: 9
    I also looked at both the accord and the camry. The camry does not drive sporty, except for the SE version. Toyota also nickels and dimes for every option, unlike Honda which has one price for each trim level. My last honda accord (1997) had 168,000 miles when I sold it. I bought the accord! I got a great deal on it too. I got a 2009 Accord V6 EX-L for about $2,000 less than a 2009 camry xle 4cyl. I love the new accord. I got it for $2,721 under dealer invoice (26014+670-2721). Just gotta love it!!
    Hey Dan2008,

In what area did you receive that price and how did you manage that? Congrats..
  • mnssmnss Member Posts: 3
    I think it was "Buerkle Honda, saint paul"..
    BTW, I ended up in buying 09 Camry LE
    Oh? You prefer the Camry? Can't go wrong with either one.
    I just received an e-mail certificate from Honda Financial Services stating that they'd pay for my first month's payment if I purchased between now and the end of June. I think I received this b/c I applied for the 3.9 for 60 months deal they are offering.

Just wanted to let folks know that this is out there.
    It seems like a good price to me. Typically, there is about 2000 between trim levels, and this is about 1500 under my deal for an EXL (21,900). I do believe I saw something where they were offering more incentives for EXLs than for EXs, so this would make sense.

Good job!
  • civic97civic97 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Maryland (DC Metro Area). I'm in search of an 09 Accord EX Sedan (any EX models) with manual trans. I would like to know what's the average prices of each of the EX models too. Can anybody recommend a good dealer with good low prices? I would appreciate the help.
  • razduckrazduck Member Posts: 21
    Is this w/ or w/o Navigation?
    The best price I've gotten on a 2009 Accord EX-L V-6 w/ Nav. is $27,892.
    After reading some of these posts I think I should be able to get a better price than that. I'm going to keep asking for Price Quotes.
    Razduck:

w/o the nav. I received another quote for 25600.00 Still debating on the accord... :confuse:
  • mrenadette1mrenadette1 Member Posts: 15
    How long after submitting the credit application was it before you got the e-mail with the first month payment option? I was thinking about doing something by month's end and wasn't sure if I could count on a little more help from Honda.
    Two or three days. Not long, but you make a good point that it may not show up if you apply for financing at the dealership and buy the same day. I'm not sure how that works.

I was completely surprised by the e-mail.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    It sounds like it would be smart to get pre-approval for a Honda Loan from their website. Saves time and sounds like they may pick up the first payment. I don't see a downside to it, if you are certain you are going to be buying a Honda anyway.
  • mrenadette1mrenadette1 Member Posts: 15
    I applied and got my pre-approval. I'll hold tight till the end of the week/end of the month and hopefully get an e-mail prior to then. Thanks for the heads up.
    We made the deal today! I'll report the actual numbers in another post... but I wanted to say regarding the first month payment thing that Honda sent the e-mail to 105000 people according to the business manager at the dealership. He had not heard about it and had to research it. He found a bulletin and read it to me. I'm not sure why we were one of the 105000 people... I thought it was that we had filed for pre approval but it may be that we had a loan through Honda in the past.

Good luck!
    B
    We signed papers...

Cash Delivered Price: 21,900

Financing: 3.9% for 60
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    Wow *brianjandreau* that is an amazing deal. I read past post and someone else got it for this price. I have many dealers in my area (hosuton) and i told them that some people are paying $21,900 for their ex-l and it seems that they think that is not possible. Their best offer is $22,900 plus I have to pay about $400 additional for the tint and splash guards they have on it.
    For those people that got it for $21,900 how exactly did you manage that. Your price is including destination fee right? Did you guys pay any additional dealer added options (ex, tint etc)?
    player98,

The first offer I got was for 22,900. Then, I sent that offer to a couple of other dealers, and it was Charlies Honda in Augusta, Maine that came through with the 21,900 offer.

How did I manage it??? I think it is more about the economy and the incentives that Honda is offering right now than it is about anything I did. The last several cars I've bought, I simply figured out what the dealer incentives were and sent an offer through the Internet to all the dealerships in my area. I took the lowest offer and sent that to other dealerships, being sure to say that I was planning to buy within a week or two.

We did not add any options as part of the negotiated deal because I didn't want to play games with the price of the car. I considered fog lights but than decided not to. We will add some other stuff like splash guards, but you can get a really good deal online for those types of things.
  • jim007jim007 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your help.

I choose the 2009 Accord EX Sedan with AT for $22,600 out the door in Atlanta.

3.9% for 48 months.

Looking now for either a Accord Sedan EX-L or EX-L w/ V6 for my wife and the best numbers I see are $21,800 and $23,300 both less Tag, Tax, & Title.

If anyone has any comments Please forward.

Thanks Again.
  • cman7cman7 Member Posts: 19
    Those are not bad prices. I live in the Atlanta area also. I am looking for a EX-L V6. Which dealership did you get that quote from ?
  • jo2sayjo2say Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am in a market for New 2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX AT in Virginia. Can someone recommend a good dealer and What is good price to pay?
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    Atlanta folks,
    Which dealers are you getting these prices from? Pretty good, IMO.

FWIW, my sister paid $24,000 before taxes for an EX-L I4 in Greenville, SC on New Years Day. A decent price at the time, but it looks like prices may have come down a bit since then.
  • davidl2davidl2 Member Posts: 4
    Paid 30,199 OTD with 0% APR 3 years finance. How did I do?
    i would have expected a better OTD. What was your sale price. you did get 0% which is really good but i think you could have done better in the price. What is the break down of your TTL and did you have any other dealer options added?
  • jim007jim007 Member Posts: 3
    Hennessy, however we also got a price on the same car you are interested in and they were at $26000 less tag, tax, & title

Not even in the ballpark for the Accord 4 Door EX-L V6.
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Member Posts: 35
    Any comments on this deal?

Accord Coupe 4 cyl Auto EX-L without Navi. Best deal in my area so far (N.J.) is $358 (includes tax) with first month only down. Selling price of 23,096 (incl dest), allother cost/fees in cap and includes:

36 month/12K lease

MV $187.50
    Doc $199
    Tire Fee $7.5
    Bank Fee $595

How does this deal look?
  • satt2satt2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I reside in Minnesota, got an offer from one dealer for HONDA Accord Sedan EX-L 4 cylinder Automatic without Navigation @ 25,000 (out of door). Is this a good price?
  • davidl2davidl2 Member Posts: 4
    Sale Price was 27090. Taxes are 9.75% here so its around 2700. DMV fees just recently went up so that ran me about 500. No extras.
    i didn't think you had such high taxes (almost $1000 difference between your state taxes and my state taxes). so not bad plus 0% will save you a lot as well.
  • swts8996swts8996 Member Posts: 14
    I have been quoted $24,880 by a Seattle-area Honda for an EX-L V6 no nav sedan...no tax since I'm an OR resident. Dest. fee included but not TTL. Has anyone seen lower in the Seattle area? Trying to see if it's worth the time to get more quotes in Seattle or just go with a dealer here in OR which has offered ~$24,700 (lowest quote in the Portland area).

Thanks!
  • sporin71sporin71 Member Posts: 27
    I'm in the process of trying to trade out of my 08 LX into an 09 EX-L (both 4cyl 5 spds). I offered 22,500 which is slightly higher then the Edmunds TMV. We'll see what they come back with. If I can get my terms then I'll only raise my monthly payment by about $50.

I replace my car every 5 years and it seems that every time I do it it coincides with high loan rates and no incentives. I figured I'm a bit early in the cycle but would like to take advantage of the 3.9%-60mos. and 1500 dealer cash to upgrade my car. Plus I can keep the same snow tires, just will need to buy 16" steelies.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    Well, they aren't dealing much so I'll be sticking with the LX for a while longer.

EX-L 5spd 4cyl sedan : $24,118 includes shipping and prep.

Edmund's TMV on this car is just shy of $22.5, which is what I offered... no-go. This is a great local, Honda-only dealer. I have bought many cars from them in the past and it is the only place I would buy or service my Honda (next nearest dealer is an hour away). When I bought my LX their first offer was slightly below Edmund's TMV (Nov. 08) so I'm surprised they aren't dealing. Maybe if they had a 5spd in their inventory they would dig a bit more? Oh well.

I don't mind raising my payment $50/month, but nearly $100/month triggers my gag reflex. I guess I don't want it badly enough.
    Where did you come up with a TMV for an ex-l to be $22,500 or less.
    If that was the case I probably would not be having so much trouble negotiating an ex-l under 22,500. I think you might me talking about the EX not the ex-l. I just checked and not even the manual ex-l has a TMV that low. Although it is not impossible to try and get the ex-l for that price (some people have paid even less) you need to get your facts straight in order to negotiate more effectively.
    I just redid it and got a TMV of $22,927 .

I may have been mistaken.

Either way, I'm out. I only went into it thinking I'd be able to find a great deal but since that's not the case, I'll keep enjoying my LX for a while longer. I don't need to replace it or do anything now.
  • nashikulnashikul Member Posts: 3
    The price difference between a EX and a EX-L (auto transmission) is 2K based on Edmunds car pricing. I am close to negotiating a price for a EX and but am now
    thinking of going with the EX-L w/ leather seats.

How much is a reasonable increase for the upgrade from EX to EX-L?

This is in the Norther California, Bay Area region.

Thanks!
    -SP
  • bmet67bmet67 Member Posts: 5
    Great approach and great price. I was wondering how you insisted in no dealer add ins. The best electronic quote I got in the Dallas area is around $22,500 but after the add ins, it runs around $25K. Almost like a gimmick from the dealers...installing add ins and overpricing them. What's the trick?