Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kevinharriskevinharris Member Posts: 5
    $25,847.44 OTD. You mean tax is included???
    Whats the tax rate??? I think this is a good deal.
    Mind to let us know the dealer???
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    3838, I'm some what disappointed. I've lived in my home for almost four years, and my address isn't in the 09 Accord Nav. system. I contact the dealer, and was told to bring it in, and they will have one of their shop people who understand the nav system to take a look. Honda's book states that they don't give a new disc without charging the customer. However, they stated if the dealer want's to do a favor for the customer then it would be up to them to get an updated disc. I strongly feel that my Nav system is old, for the directions it gives to a location is way off the mark. I purchase n 09 Accord Sdn EX V-6 W/Nav, and :mad: the money that I paid for the Nav should have been better then what I received.
  • TwoGoldFishTwoGoldFish Member Posts: 14
    Hi, I have the same problem. My address isn't in the 09 Accord Navigation System. It has somebody's home address in our neighbor, so I pick it up for my home. What is your story. Do they give you an updated disc?

Thanks,
  • leaser1leaser1 Member Posts: 3
    I have a deal in place to lease a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L-V6, fully loaded
    for 310.00 a month.
    MSRP 29,725
    Sale price 27875

2,699 at time of lease signing plus tax and tags. Is this a good deal, if not what are the flaws in the deal?

Thanks
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    The 2,699 at time of signing plus tax and tags is the flaw in the deal. That is much too much money to put down on a lease. You should never put down more then the first months payment, bank fee ($595), dealer doc fee, tax and tags.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Eevry lease I've ever heard of asks for more than that up fornt. Based on what I've told you how much should I be putting down, my experience is that with less down the monthly payment would be higher
    They can ask all they want, but as long as you have good credit you don't need to put any down. As I said you never want to put more then first payment, bank fee, doc fee & TTL. Yes of course your payment is going to be higher, but I've cut and pasted the perfect explanation from leasecompare.com as to why putting money down (cap cost reduction) is a bad thing to do:

Because you pay for the use of a vehicle during a lease, you should put as little money down as possible, up front. Although putting money down can lower your lease payments (by reducing your capitalized cost) in most cases it cannot be regained in the event of early termination due to a loss.

For example, a customer once leased a Toyota 4Runner and put $3,000 down as a cap reduction. Five months later the vehicle was totaled in an accident. The client's insurance paid its portion of the lease payoff and Gap Insurance paid the balance. Our client walked away with only paying his insurance deductible but he did not get reimbursed for his initial down payment of $3,000. It was lost.

The moral of this true story is to put as little money down as possible, ideally no money down. Here are some other things to consider:
    - Money down is taxable
    - Take the money you would have put down and invest it
    - Put your down payment in a savings account and use a portion each month to help make your lease payment
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • palciparumpalciparum Member Posts: 29
    Finaaly after speaking with many dealers in NJ, I quote the lowest quote which is same quote from many dealers in NJ. No one willing to go any lower.

2009 Honda Accord Automatic Ex-L V4 for $24,500 includes everything ( all fees, sales tax of 7%, deliver fees, documentation fees etc.)

any comments appreciated.
  • postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    no-down payment makes sense only if interest rate is very low or 0%. Otherwise, after 3yrs of driving without totaling the car, you'll end up with less money.
    Every single leasing expert will tell you to not put money down on a lease, but of course you are free to do what you want. One of advantages of a lease is to not tie up a bunch of money in a car. If you want to put money down on a lease why don't you just buy the car?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF: leaser1
    sign and drive here in OH is 359 + tax for the accord EX-L V6 sedan

http://honda.vossauto.com/Specials-New.aspx#14

Little/no down is the only way to go on a lease. Smarten up!
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    In 2003 I got my first car with nav the acura TL. There was a nice tech pagage on that car and price was pretty sharp. As the years have gone by NAV equipped cars are selling at a nice premium. Prices have not dropped much. My last Audi had a nav package and frankly they do a poor job with the nav anyway. I think Honda has always done a nice job with the nav. It seems as NAV systems have become for popular the car companies have taken advantage of that.

Personally I think that since you can buy a pretty good standalone bluetooth nav for a few hundred I think that may be the way to go. There is some inconvenience as you should hide it when you park the car to avoid theft. My cell phone Palm Pre has a bult in NAV. Once I get a little mount that is also handy. Not to mention that most people dont use nav daily. My sense of direction is not good so I do use it, but not every day. If you travel out of town alot they may be a factor.

good luck
    rob
    I don't kep the cars long enough to buy, I get a new car every 3 years.
  • nh3838nh3838 Member Posts: 2
    Tax rate is included. 3% NC sales tax rate.
  • ed2009ed2009 Member Posts: 1
    i found a DEMO, does anyone know what is a good price, they quote me 25600 out the door.
  • kcall2kcall2 Member Posts: 18
    Assisted my daughter in purchase of EXL I4 auto non-nav in OKC. Went to lowest internet priced dealer, and picked a car that was intransient. Dealer included splash guards, paint and upholstery sealant wheel locks and trunk mat, for OTD $23000. She added window tint for $200 for delivered price of $23200. Beat other OKC dealers by between $545 - $1400.

White with Ivory leather, dark tinted windows. Gorgeous!
  • next1next1 Member Posts: 2
    i am looking to buy an accord EX-L without nav, in OKC area, The deal you got seems great, Can you tell me the dealer name and sales rep name, i want to buy in next two weeks, your help would be appreciated
  • asitmehtaasitmehta Member Posts: 19
    Hello, I have been offered $23,100 for a new Accord Coupe EX-L (auto trans). I live in metro ny and the tax is about 7.5%, it comes close to $25,000 OTD. The V6 was offered for $1,800 more. The end of the month is approaching and so are the 2010 models. Is anyone seeing or getting better prices?
  • bg2008bg2008 Member Posts: 4
    I just brought my LX-P at Livermore Honda today. I got a good prices and have same expreice as krishna4. they are very good in bay area.
  • aristotechiearistotechie Member Posts: 3
    Best offer I received so far for '09 EX V6 4DR is $22,688 (before TTL) in the SF Bay Area. Didn't see other recent discussion on this trim level & engine combination. Want to know what members are being quoted at.

Also, at one dealership I was told the current customer rebate is $1500 + another $500 dealer incentive. Want to see if this is accurate.
  • kcall2kcall2 Member Posts: 18
    Steve Bailey Honda. I just used the dealer pricing feature on edmunds.com. Sent to all OKC dealers except Eskridge, and they all replied within hours. Skipped over Eskridge, since we went there first, and their deal sucked! :P

If you would give me your e-mail, I'll give you name, phone, etc. Can't post here, forum rules.
  • thewdwguruthewdwguru Member Posts: 10
    What kind of prices are people getting for an 09 EXL V6 Accord before TTL? Thanks
  • sibfsibf Member Posts: 5
    I am in Los Angeles area and ready to buy the same model; here are what I got so far:

Accord coupe 4 cylinders:
    1. $ 22,636.00 + tax & license.
    2. $ 22,998.00 + tax & license.
    3. $ 23150.00 + tax & license.
    4. $ 23,436.00 + tax & license. (include mud guards, wheel locks & trunk tray)

Accord coupe 6 cylinders:
    1. $ 24,672.00 + tax & license.
    2. $ 25,098.00 + tax & license.
    3. $ 25400.00 + tax & license.
    4. $ 25,672.00 + tax & license. (include mud guards, wheel locks & trunk tray)

These quotes are definitely down from last month. The lowest quote I got from dealer last month for a 6 cylinders coupe was $25185. A dealer told me that the V6 coupe price will not come down to the $24K range for a long while and here we are. I am sure the dealerships are willing to knock off anther $300. I think I need to buy before the sales tax hike in July 1.
  • buckrogersocirbuckrogersocir Member Posts: 16
    We just purchased a 2009 Accord V6 (sedan Four Door) with Navigation before T&L = $25,900.00. We are in Orange County, California. We shopped from Riverside to LA and offered the same price to many other dealers, all of which turned the offer down. Only 1 dealer excepted our offer at $25,900. Again, this accord has the Navigation, Blue Tooth and the XM radio stuff. - The Accord W/O navigation was offered about 2 grand less. So it appears your price may be a good price? Yes, the dealers are currently given a $1,500.00 incentive and a 3% Hold Back approx ($600 - $800.00) Also, make sure the price the dealer gives you includes all other fees (doc fees, tire fee, etc) Another dealer said they could beat this above price $25,900. and when we got there they tacked on another couple hundred in fees and destination and then called us liars because we said $25,9 included destination, doc fees etc. So we went back to the orignal Orange County dealer. Good luck. Our car had no dealer extras but we were given a list of Accord accessories and almost 45% off including installation on spoiler, etc. Good LUCK!
    Come to Orange County - We purchased a 2009 Accord V6 with Navigation for the price of $25,900.00 The car had 12 miles when we drove it off the lot. We put at least 6 of those miles on during the test drive. This V6 Navi package had no dealer extras - we were offered extras at a huge savings but declined. Also, we got a better price from the salesperson than we did from the dealers internet gal. The internet gal turned down our offer of $26,000.00 and as we left we were approched by a sales person and we mentioned our offer and he said, "Let me Try!" I said, okay....and after about an hour of Sales Manager wanting to meet us 1/2 way, we left. After 3 days of phone negotiation, we went back and the manager accepted our new offer of $25,900 - plus 8.75% tax. Our California license fee (approx. $350.00) was waived as I am a war Veteran with 100% disability. We were offered a good price on Accord Accessories (if needed), and we received the vehicle freshly washed and waxed with a Full tank of gas. Yesterday, we received in the mail a thank you letter from the salesman with an Accord Factory postcard, Honda keychain, free oil change certificate and a letter confirming we can come back if we need help to set up our phone/bluetooth! Also Martin's letter said if we service the car at the dealership every other oil change will be free too. Great customer service from the dealership! We are really happy with our purchase and the most importantly with our vehicle. Good Luck! BTW, the dealership is Hardin Honda located in Anaheim, California.
    We finally purchased our vehicle last week. We bought a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 (sedan four door) with Navigation for $25,900.00 plus California sales tax 8.75%. The car had a little over 10 miles on it. Make sure the dealers will not tack on any additional fees! (destination, document fees, etc) I found out internet sales people are paid just by getting the person to come into the dealer! So they will tell you anything to get you to come in! Have them commit to a price in an email. Also, make sure when they quote you, if you're looking for a V6 make sure the quote is for a V6 VS. the 4cyl. Also, floor mats are standard with the Accord, unless they are the weather proof mats. Have the dealer toss in a couple free oil changes with the purchase, are salesperson did! We were offered a huge discount on any accessories we wanted (wheel locks, tinting, alarm, spoiler, etc). The dealer delivered the car with a fresh wash/wax and a full tank of gas! Good luck all and thanks for the information on helping us to make the best deal possible at this time. In time for Father's Day :-)
  • sibfsibf Member Posts: 5
    Thanks buckrogersocir for your detailed information. I got a quote of $24772 from Freeway Honda in Santa Ana this evening for Accord Coupe V6 no Nav. I thought it's a pretty good deal until I read your post. I guess there is room to go down for at least another $300-500. Do you mind if you email the sales person's name to me? I want to give the person a call tomorrow. Mind if I use you as a reference? Thanks a lot in advance.
    Hello, yes you can use me as a reference and I would be happy to send you to the sales person that served us. I can even give you his number. We haggled with freeway Honda too. The lowest they would go was $26,100 - email me for the name of the salesperson. karincmp@aol.com. Good luck!
  • knight4knight4 Member Posts: 10
    in NC, I got several quotes on out-of-door price for 09 Accord LX
    1. OTD 19255 Sanford Honda
    2. OTD 19550 Leith Honda
    3. OTD 20250 CrownHonda at South Point

Seems Leith might be able to do a OTD 19000 if I can buy today. But my offer
    to them 18800 OTD was all tuned down by the dealers.
    have not heard anything new. But the dealer did take
    1500 incentive and additional 1500 as distcound at the first. So I
    imagine there might be something there.
    I live in NC,NC tax 3%, TTL total is around 1K.
    Here is several quotes I got from several dealers in the area.

Sanford Honda offer OTD 19256 (negotiated, initally 19489)
    Leith Honda offer OTD 19537 (might consider 19000 if I can buy today,but have not heard back from them)
    Crown Honda South Point offer OTD 20250

So the sale price here is around 18200~18500~19250, respective.

Somehow seems the dealers are not feeling any recession pressure at all. The
    price they offered are the similar to what people use to buy in 2005-2007.
    can share some more information on this? thanks.I am
    looking for LX or LX-P also.
  • next1next1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey thanks my mail is next_tou@yahoo.com. name steven. It would be great if you would give me the sales guy name and phone no. Did the OTD 23200 price you paid include the taxes registration title and all the other bs they come up with.

thanks
    Steven
  • sooner_chotsooner_chot Member Posts: 28
    Shopping for a White Diamond Pearl Sedan V6 EXL (no Navi). Have been told that this color is at a premium. By doing a Sunday drive by, it seems it is in short supply. Sound legit?

Also, lets say I order the car and its not received until late July. If I put a deposit down on one now, can I still qualify for the special Honda APR which expires on 7/6?
  • austinaccord1austinaccord1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi - I posted on this forum 3 years ago when I first leased a 2006 Honda Accord EX AT (message # 12003). Well that lease got over today and I leased another Honda Accord; EX-L AT this time for $0 out-the-door $250/month. Like before, they made the first month's payment, registration, title, etc. The lease is for 36 months/36,000 miles. What do you guys think about this deal?
  • crjettacrjetta Member Posts: 1
    I live Chicago area (Dupage county) and thinking of buying 2009 Accord LX-P. I emailed the dealers for OTD price and the best I got was $20,353.51. Other 4 deals quotes were ranging from $21100 to $21350. Is this a good price?
  • bg2008bg2008 Member Posts: 4
    LX-P 2009 -> 19K + TTL + Tax. Let me if you need more detail info.
  • junk4usjunk4us Member Posts: 14
    Did you try autopark honda in cary?
  • honda_man2honda_man2 Member Posts: 19
    I also live in NC (on the Greensboro side). I'm also looking for a 2009 Accord LX auto. I bought a 2005 Accord LX with auto in July of 2005 for $18,500 OTD (about $17,650 for the car before TTL) from Asheboro Honda. Unfortunately someone ran a red light and wrecked that car so now I'm looking for another one. One of the guys I work with bought a Honda Odyssey from Sanford Honda in 2006 and he found that they were the cheapest in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area. Keep me updated and let me know if you get the Accord for $19,000.
  • derdawderdaw Member Posts: 8
    Had a very good experience working with internet salesperson Beth Guard at Stephens Vincel Honda in St. Louis, MO. Paid $26400 for brand new, EXL V6 sedan with winged spoiler, moon roof visor, body molding door edge guards. The MSRP and install for the add-ons is about $1200. I used Consumer Reports bottom line price ($24650), added 3% and $910 for the add-ons and made offer which was excepted. The color I wanted (Basque Red) was not in stock in St. Louis so they had the factory ship one. I feel like I paid a fair price and am very happy. The dealership was extemely easy to work with.
    Should have mentioned that this dos NOT include TTL.
    Your 2005 Accord is definitely a good deal. You figure in recession, we would
    get at least similar kind of deal but No. The dealers just don't want to give you
    the car.

Have you tried Asheboro Honda this time? Sanford Honda did not agree the $19000
    for now. So I am still waiting.
    Thanks, it is very helpful.
  • mm20mm20 Member Posts: 2
    I have a quote for a EX-L V-6 with Nav and the following options:

Wheel Locks
    Splash Guards
    Remote Start
    Rearview Camera

With 6% MD tax and $222 title and registration fees is 31,000 a fair price for everything?

I have read about the $1500 cash to the dealer but is there also a 3% holdback?

Thanks for any help
  • dude135dude135 Member Posts: 8
    Can anyone with prior quotes, post me what a reasonable price for a 09 Accord EX 4cyl would be, that i should bargain for.
    How much more would an EXL for the same trim cost in approx.
    Thx in advance.
    just paid 24600 (not including TTL) for 09 EXL V6 with wing spolier, body molding, door edge guards, paint and upholstering protectant, and moon roof visor. The add-ons list for about $1600. This was in St. Louis, MO.
    I used this same forum at that time and I found someone who had bought the 2005 Accord LX for $18,000 OTD in northern virginia. I figured $500 over that price was good enough for me and I did not have to travel very far. The only issue I have with these dealers is the amount of time you have to spend with the finance guy: two hours! I don't want any of that additional stuff I just want the Honda financing and the car. I have not started to call around to the dealers so I don't know if Asheboro Honda would give me as good a deal. I also have an older car that qualifys for the "Cash for Clunkers" rebate ($3500 from the gov) so I'm curious to see what the car dealers do about reducing the new car price.
    A good price for any Accord right now is invoice - $1500 or lower. Don't know the invoice? Click on the NEW CARS link at the top of the page.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • lparrislparris Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 09 Accord LX 4 cyl AT in Des Moines, IA. Vehicle was $18,400. Total OTD was $20,368.

Good deal?

I shopped around with different working with various internet managers until I got this deal. I feel I did pretty good, all things considered.
    Negative - that invoice number is inflated or does not give the entire picture. Right now Invoice minus $1500 is only $18,900 before TTL and I know for a fact that you can get the car for about $19,250 OTD in NC (TTL is about $1000). One of my relatives used to sell Toyota's and he would tell me how people would come in with those "Invoice" numbers. His response was "bring them in. I'll sell cars all day at those prices". It's possible we just don't know what the dealer holdback (3%?) is on top of that $1500. We are also coming to the end of the month which is when dealers want to sell as many cars as possible to make their numbers. What's the best day to buy a car "the last day of the month".