Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• buckrogersocirbuckrogersocir Member Posts: 16
    I think that is a little high - Base price for a 2009 Accord V6 EX-L with navigation is $26,100.00 plus wheel locks,($73.80 less 20% = $59.00)+splash guards1 ($138.60 - 20% = $111.00) )Remote start (678.20 - 20% = $539.00) + RVcamera ($755.00 - 20% = $604.00) These accessories can be found at about 35% off MSRP on the internet but you must install the options yourself. If the dealer has already added these options that will really increase the MSRP price.
    If it were me, I would offer the dealer $26,100.00 for the car and another $1,300.00 for the extras that the dealer put on the car. At least you would be paying the dealer 20% less (Vs. 35% internet shopping)and the 20% less price I included the installation fee a customer would pay getting this aftermarket from the dealer.
    Total price before Tax and License = $27,400.00 plus $222. = $27,622.00 plus 6% (approx. $1600.00)do not tax installed price of accessories only the parts = TOTAL APPROX. OUT THE DOOR PRICE = $29,000.00. Without extras the OTD price on the car would be $27,666.00 plus the $1300.00 options = $28,966.00 About two thousand dollars less than $31,000.If you work the figures I gave you, you can get an accurate OTD price put for the car do not pay more than $29,000.00.Hope that helps. Good Luck!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Did you see the part where I said "or lower". You can't depend on a holdback since it decreases as the car sits on the lot. Honda holdback is 2%. You want them to sell below invoice and give up the holdback, where should they make their money? That secret slush fund that urban legends are made of?

BTW there are many people that feel that "buy the last day of the month" is the worst time to buy. Since everyone thinks that's the best time, there are lots of customer at the dealership. Buy before the end of the month and salesman are standing around waiting to make a deal in empty showrooms.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kcall2kcall2 Member Posts: 18
    Steven, just sent you details of our purchase by e-mail. Please reply on this forum as to how your dealing with Steve Bailey Honda went, OK?

In Oklahoma, tax/title/license fees are not charged by the dealer. OK Tax Commission charges these fees (3.25%) :mad: when you register within 30 days. So OTD price does not include $725 or so on a $23000 purchase.

Good luck!
  • honda_man2honda_man2 Member Posts: 19
    I'm only telling you from personal experienced based on someone who used to sell new Toyota's for a living. Business was so bad last year he had to give it up. Typically a dealer would like to see a minimum of $500 profit per new car sales. Most of the money they make are on used cars (trades) and service (coupon book keeps people coming in for every little service). He was always amazed at some of the deals that were made at the end of the month while full retail was the starting point at the beginning of the month.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Your 2005 Accord is definitely a good deal. You figure in recession, we would
    get at least similar kind of deal but No. The dealers just don't want to give you
    the car.

'05 was the last year before the mid-cycle redesign. That's why s/he got a good deal on that. I believe people will be able to get better deals next summer for the '10 Accord.
  • dave8697dave8697 Member Posts: 1,498
    Edmunds TCO and TMV show I should be able to get $3124 discount off MSRP on a new Accord LX. On a new Malibu, they show an $800 discount, and the Accord comes out lower in price than the Malibu by $1190. They then use that $1190 lower price to reduce taxes, insurance, and finance charges on the Accord to gain an additional $480 advantage in TCO over 5 years.
  • chris789chris789 Member Posts: 37
    I'd like to get a Accord LX with XM but may want to add it in the future. The option seems kinda high to add it later. Can I just get a portable XM receiver and plug it into the Aux port and play it through the stereo? If so how would this compare in sound quality to having it integrated in the radio.

tia,
    Chris
    Yes you can do it, and the sound quality shouldn't be any different.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • dude135dude135 Member Posts: 8
    So what you are saying is the invoice price for a 09 Accord EX 4 cyl is 20,400/- as against what Edmunds puts it to be 22,128/-. Has anyone been able to work with these figures in OH.
  • asitmehtaasitmehta Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for your help, I'm getting similar prices here in NY and sales tax is 7.375%. If I can get the car around $24,500 I'll take it.
  • mm20mm20 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks buckrogersocir for the helpful info.

Any tricks on getting the dealers to go lower, it seems nobody wants to go below 30,600 OTD which is significantly higher than the 29,000 you said. I have said I want to be close to 29k and they say they talked to the big boss and he says 30,600 is the best.

Anyone else with any personal experience in the state of Maryland????

Thanks again
  • tdsblazertdsblazer Member Posts: 3
    What do you guys think of the price, this was the last price I got from shopping around in my area.

Sale $20,800
    TAX $1456
    DMV $254
    DOC $199
    tire Tax 7.50
    Total $22717
    I'm looking at a 2009 Accord LX four cylinder for myself but the EX shows an invoice of $22,838. There is a $1500 dealer incentive that the dealer can pass all or a portion to the buyer. So I'm guessing here that the lowest price is somewhere around $20,800 + TTL. Your going to have to call around and check multiple dealers on that one. This is a good week to be playing dealers off of each other since we are at the end of the month.
    Funny. Now hows that for timing. My guess is that is a pretty good deal: $20,800 on an EX. Exactly what I guessed. What State is that?
    That's too much money for the 4 door V6 accord with navigation. $26,100.00 plus tax and state license. Looks like you're paying approx. $1600.00 too much for $30,600.00 OTD - go to the dealer to make the offer at $26,100.00 see if they accept the aggressive offer.(Have the license fee already known and the taxes for your area so you know what the OTD price is, otherwise the dealer might add on another $500.00 - $800.00 without you noticing) Also look for a car the dealer has not had on the lot for a long time. Our car was from Factory to Dealer from 6/6/09 Therefore the dealer made his holdback money and they took this into consideration when we made our offer of $26,100 for a 2009 Accord EX-L with Navigation. If the car is on the lot since Christmas the dealer may be less willing to sell it at a loss? Who knows why they do what they do......but make a serious offer (at the dealership)and they will consider it. It make take a few days to work the deal. But 2 grand is worth a few days for me! Good Luck!
  • gmcgrathgmcgrath Member Posts: 7
    I am from indiana(state sales tax 7 %). I negotiated an Honda accord EX-L 2009 model for $24175.25(OTD includes taxes and all fees).
    Quote from Dealer:

$22295 + destination ($670) + tax ($1607.55) + doc fee ($99.00) + Indiana tire tax ($1.25) = $24672.80 out the door.

I brought it down to $24175.25. let me know if this is a good deal.

Can you guys tell me if it is a good deal. I am about to seal the deal.
  • oysteroyster Member Posts: 5
    FYI, I got several quotes btw 25500 to 22300, and the lowest OTD is 22300(Indiana, Tax 7%)
    Is this a good price for EX 4cyl? Do you guys think I could stop here ?
  • jswiftyjswifty Member Posts: 19
    I have negotiated a price of $20,500 for an Accord EX sedan w/AT in PA (not including taxes and doc fees). I started with internet quotes from dealers in my area and then emailed them requesting counteroffers. This price represents a savings of $661 below the lowest initial internet quote.
  • dude135dude135 Member Posts: 8
    Where is this in PA ?
    Can we get pre-approved with Honda financing before hand. If so where can i do it.
  • georgebush1georgebush1 Member Posts: 22
    im not sure thats a good deal. Ive been looking at this trim and negotiating for some time now. I live in Atlanta, GA, so here is what Im finding in this area. Lowest price ive been quoted for this trim is $21,700 OTD. This is all inclusive (TTL, Destination, Doc Fees). Tax is 6%. I still feel I can get a better price than this....more like $21,200. I would suggest waiting for the 2010 model to come out. I believe it is supposed to be available in August. The price difference between the 09 and 10 is just going to be a few hundred bucks. I think alot of dealers get on here and post crap numbers. Ive been following this forum for a year now and you can spot the legit posts vs the bogus ones. When I finally get mine, sometime in August or Sept, Ill post the figures. Good luck
  • tdsblazertdsblazer Member Posts: 3
    this is in New Jersey
  • 2008honda2008honda Member Posts: 17
    knight4

I think you should wait for new 2010 model in late Aug. Although you might have to pay more, but you get some bragging rights.

Your price quote with $19,256 sounds good, with 3% NC tax. I did not do the math, but you may get $19,000 or so and if you really need one try at the end of this month June 30. Just don't lose your mind and keep cool.

I bought LX sedan Auto in March 2009 with $19,800 ODT (FL tax 6%) and we all love this car.

Happy shopping.

Go Gator!
    :)
  • jswiftyjswifty Member Posts: 19
    This is the Harrisburg area. I don't have an answer on financing.
    Hey which dealer indiana and the city. I am looking for a honda accord ex-l. The best I could get is 24175.25 OTD including taxes and fees.
  • oysteroyster Member Posts: 5
    It's terry-lee honda. I posted EX model OTD price, and actual number is several bucks lower than 22300.
    Can I get your dealership information, too?
    here you go Edmartin honda in 770 N. Shadeland,Indianapolis, IN 46219.
  • fghxufghxu Member Posts: 3
    I paid $24,795 (+ tax, doc) for the 2009 Accord EX-L V6 yesterday, at a New Jersy dealer. Is it a good price? it is almost $400 lower than the lowest quote I can get from any dealers around my area. The dealer told me this car sit there for a while but the warranty start when I pay. The mileage is only 75 miles. How do I check when the car is manufactored?
    The warranty starts when you signed the contract, it doesn't matter how long it set on the lot.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • hgershmanhgershman Member Posts: 15
    Point of info here...when you guys refer to "Accord EX-L" do you mean the 3.5 or the 2.4?

I'd like the recent lease experiences on the 190hp EX-L 4 cyl if anyone has any. Thanks in advance.
    About every post I see will say V6 if they are talking about the 3.5, and nothing if talking about the 2.4
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • hgershmanhgershman Member Posts: 15
    Thanx. Wasn't sure. New to Accords. Hope to test drive this weekend. Hope I can live with the big 4 cyl.

Thanks
  • kad153kad153 Member Posts: 22
    Do you mind if I ask which dealer?
  • jaydtwjaydtw Member Posts: 7
    The invoice price on this is 28001 + 702 Des. Honda is offering 1500 cash back. to the dealer. So the price point I am targeting is 27212.00.

The lowest I have got so far is 27269.00 + 190 Doc Fee + State Sales Tax.

I live in Detroit, MI.

The question is am I getting a good deal. I am not getting any extended warranty or other options from the dealer.

Thanks

Jay
    You can easily get the car for $26,500.00 plus tax and license. The destination fee is already included in the 26,500 price, so should the documentation fee, etc. The only price added on should be your State tax and the DMV fee. Hope that helps.
    I emailed 5 dealers in MI and only one got back and he wants 27269.00 + 190 Doc Fee + State Sales. May be Detroit automarket is so good these guys dont want to sell me a car :-)
  • ifarrarifarrar Member Posts: 4
    Who is the dealer in Atlanta? What part of town?
    Ok, so this dealer has over 100 Accords on the lot. The one we are looking at has been sitting on the lot since November. How much negotiating power does a buy?
    Go to the dealer an offer them $26,500 and if they say no, leave go to another dealer an offer them $26,500. - this still gives the dealer a decent profit on the deal. The sales person will get a flat fee, but the dealership still makes the money, so go to the dealership and get a salesperson willing to work the deal for a sale vs. commision. ;-)
    We test drove an Accord this week. In the glove box was a booklet where they checked off the dealer intake - November 8 - 6 1/2 months ago.,
    We did a test drive the other day on a 4 cyl. We live on a mountain - drove it up the mountain - the 4 cyl did great.Handles well, plenty of pick up. My neighbor has had the same car about a year and says it handles the mountain road just fine.
  • aristotechiearistotechie Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 for $24,600 (includes destination) + $55 doc fee + TTL (DMV license and registration and sales tax) in the San Francisco Bay Area. The car had 3 miles on it (just arrived, didn't even have dealer inspection yet). Test drove this car and it was much smoother than another EX-L V6 I tested the day before (that one had 90+ miles). Wife is very happy with the car.

ps. Was originally shopping for an EX V6 but none of the dealerships were willing to deal at that trim level.
    you think it is a nice price? good to know!

the dealer was Phillipsburg east honda.

I was also asked them about to buy a white ex-l, and they said they need to get it from their sister deallers. (from my research)I know the dealers dont carry many v6 models. maybe 1~2 per dealer. so I beleive what the sales man says.

The base price for me to get a ex-l car was $24995 (through research and chains of emails), and the sales person says they want add $450 for finding and relocate the car from other dealer. I told them it is easy to find it throught their computer sytem. and I guess the inter-dealership car relocaiton should be free. I think it is possible for you to reduce the relocation fee to $50.

since I also like the silver one, and think the dealer wants to get rid of it because it stayed there for some time. so I asked them to reduce $200 further from the $24995. and I got the deal.

by the way, the lady sales manage named Pat was very nice.

hope this helps.

Good luck
    lucky you, even less expensive!

I did not know there could be big difference between a new car with 3 miles and another one with 90 miles.

maybe that is the reason my car stayed there for a while:(

anyway, I am a newbie to "1st hand" cars. I could not feel anything strange for my car, hope it won't break down soon. hehe

thanks for the info!
    I offered them $26,500 (includes destination) + doc fee + TTL (DMV license and registration and sales tax) for 2009 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation by email. Now waiting to see who will get back to me.

Jay
    Jay, find out what dealer had your color combo so you can arrange a personal meeting with a salesperson. With an aggressive offer like $26,500,00 (plus state tax and DMV fee) accord V6 with navi, you might have better luck going to the dealership with the offer Vs. email offer? If you don't have any luck via email, go to the dealer that has your color (ask for vin number and get year/month made). Go to dealership and find a hungry salesperson that you will want to work with you and make them your offer ~ Just a suggestion :-)
    Good Luck and Let us know how you did!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Yes, there is truth to that statement of a new car with either 3 miles or 90 miles.

My leased car new had 200miles on it when I signed. Looking back, I should have said no to the car. I truly feel like the engine is not like the others. It is not normal.
    Dealer has driven multiple times, no findings from them. However, driving an 07, with 10,000 more miles, driven 2 identical 09 cars, they were more smooth, had more power, and the transmission was not as querky. I would not call my engine normal. A simple drive would reflect normalcy, but drive it 1,000miles a month...an owner becomes very aware of their cars.

I can believe that there could be differences in drive between one car to the next new car. I believe it.

Its a lease, so I will just drive it, I am so done with taking it in to the dealer. If something goes wrong, its their car. I still feel safe in it, I am just in a bind.
    I desperately want out.

I will request my next lease to be right off the truck, with the plastic still on it, and I will test drive it, perhaps 2, 3 of them before signing!
    The best I got so far is 27000.00 + State Tax + Doc Fee + DMV Fee by EMail.

Detroit auto market seem to be red hot now days :-)

Jay
  • mcguirehgmcguirehg Member Posts: 5
    Placed deposit on 2009 honda accord,EXL V6 with Navigation

Base Price $26,509 (include destination charge)
    inspection fee $10.
    processing fee $45.
    NYS waste tire $12.50
    NY sales tax 2286.40
    Deliver Price $28,862.90

I found the above a few dollars cheaper in NJ and Ohio,$300.00, but I reallly didn't want to drive to NJ. I went to Huntington Honda and their lowest base price was about $27,700. I drove a half hour away to Babylon Honda and they were looking to make a deal before month end and worked with my numbers. Great expeirence so far. The sales person was Rosaura Brazill. They need to locate the car for the above deal, I hope they don't have a problem finding it. They said it shouldnt be a problem. I do need to take delivery before June 30th. I will keep all updated.

I didnt get windows tinted or auto starter installed, but I will price it. At this point it may be cheaper to have installed at a privaate shop outside dealership. Thoughts?

I will be selling my 99 honda civi private as they only offered me $900 for it, prive sale is listed about $3,200
  • aristotechiearistotechie Member Posts: 3
    Your new Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi will be a nice upgrade to the '99 Civic. Wife and I bought the same trim level, minus Navi, to replace a '98 Civic EX Coupe. The Accord will be her daily driver while I get my (as in, pre-marriage) black TL Type-S back.
  • sibfsibf Member Posts: 5
    I got my 2009 Accord EXL V6 Sedan in White Diamond this afternoon. Here are the numbers:

Car price: $24,200
    Protective coating: $400
    CA State Tax (9.25%): $2,280.59
    License & Registration: $371
    Doc. fee: $55
    Tire Fees: $8.75
    OTD price: $27315.34 Dealership is Hardin Honda at Orange County.

Dealer offered extended warranty (non Honda Care) 7Yr/120,000 with $50 deductable + alarm system for $1300 no tax but I did not take it.

All along, I was looking for a EX-L Coupe (4 or 6 cylinders). I used the email function in Edmunds.com to request quote from about 10 dealerships in LA and Orange County area and received about 6 quotes from dealers last week. The lowest offer was $24,672 for a 6 cylinders EXL Coupe. I posted the numbers here last week and Edmunds member buckrogersocir posted his buying experience and numbers here and suggested me to shop at Orange County. Because he got a really good deal so I use his numbers as reference to negotiate. Buck and his wife are so kind to inform me the dealership name and the sales person's name and shared their experience with me. I eventually contacted that sales person and set up an appointment for this afternoon. In the mean time, I countered offered at $22,000 for 4 cylinders and $24,000 for 6 cylinders to several dealerships during the week; some replied asking me to meet with them face-to-face but some never responded. All responded dealerships were willing to match that lowest quote I got but they did not want to go lower.

Last night I stopped by at Goudy Honda to talk to the Internet sales person. I offered $22,000 for 4 cylinders and $24,000 for 6 cylinders. The guy's willing to match the competitor's offer of $24672 but unwilling to go lower; he did offer the paint protective coating ($395 value) for free though. Since the offer's still high so I left; the sales person told me to shop around and then call him again after that. Another dealership told me that if I buy from them; they will include 4 oil changes for free and match whatever quote I bring in.

Last night my wife and I changed mind and decided to get a EXL V6 sedan instead and the offered price range will be $24,000 - $24200. This morning I called Goudy and the guy offered $24,600 +T/T; another dealership offered $24,500+T/T. When I was at Hardin Honda, the negotiation went well; eventually we agreed on $24,200; OTD price before the protective coating is $26,865.75; I called Goudy if they are willing to match that and the guy told me to buy from Hardin.

Did I get a good deal in this transaction?