Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here (retired discussion, please see the new one)

Comments

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Paid $3.89 today for Premium at Shell in the Chicago suburbs.

Regular there was going for $3.49.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,298
    WOW! RUG 3.459 Diesel 4.079!
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Well, sorta central UP. Filled up today out of town for $3.10 and got a free coffee to boot. Saved enough to pay for a jug of windshield de-icer; first day of winter here and I forgot to check the level. It was completely empty.

Cheapest diesel spotted on the 4 hour (RT) drive was $3.79. Didn't think to price PUG.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,136
    Paid 3.4x for RUG at a Costco in Puente Hills.

Diesel seems maybe a little cheaper here than in WA.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,298
    I hope you were filling up the Fintail, otherwise...
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206
    seem to occur every time data comes out stating there is a glut of gasoline on the market, crude prices drop, national average price for petrol is dropping, prices below $3 somewhere in the lower 48...in other words, our fuel prices seem to spike whenever there are reported reasons prices should decrease.

Latest case, prices were steadily declining to the point in my area they were down to $3.08 for 87 octane at some places, $3.11 on average. Story comes out prices are declining across the state, wham-o next morning prices tick up 20 cents on average, some places higher... :mad:

Sorry, rant over...

Latest fill-up was for $3.08 in a sea of $3.36 stations; less than 12 hours later that $3.08 was $3.19
    edited November 2013
    We're down seven cents to $3.26 which means the cheap gas place over in the next county could be at or under $3 a gallon now for regular (it was $3.10 a few days ago).

Diesel is holding at $3.99 here, cheapest spotted on the road last week was $3.79.

So, if you don't like jumps and spikes, get a diesel and take advantage of being able to budget using consistent prices.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
    My local grocery-store affiliated gas station has RUG at $3.029. Very likely we'll see sub $3 gas by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I see this morning Costco in San Marcos is down to $3.35 and premium $3.55. Cheapest diesel $3.68. Problem is that is 40 miles from me.

Our closest Costco 13 miles away was $3.45 and $3.65 yesterday. Have not filled the VW since Yuma AZ on return last week. Still have 350 miles on this tank. Maybe diesel will be down by the time I need to refill. Still pays for me to drive the Touareg at 14 cents per mile vs the Nissan at 22 cents per mile.
    Audi was giving free diesel away up in Santa Monica yesterday. Maybe that promotion will head south.
    Still pays for me to drive the Touareg at 14 cents per mile vs the Nissan at 22 cents per mile.

Are you even driving the Frontier anymore? Or the Lexus, for that matter?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Are you even driving the Frontier anymore? Or the Lexus, for that matter?

I drive the Frontier here in our little village 4-5 mile RTs. The Lexus I try to take out once a month for a run to town to keep the battery charged up. It got used by family this Summer. Last time I drove the LS400 was August 21st to get smog test for license. Still has less than 107k miles. The Sequoia sat in the garage and was only used for trips. Just was not as much fun to drive as the Touareg.
    edited November 2013
    Pipeline explosion in TX. That'll scare the futures crowd and bump up the price I bet. (Reuters)
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    GEEZ---when a New York bakery burns 100,000 loaves, does the price of bread go up 25% in Oregon?
    That should not have any impact on RUG. It is a LPG line which does not present any environmental problems. It did prompt me to call my propane dealer and get my tank filled before they raise the price for winter. Best price for Propane here is $2.90 per GGE.
    Wanna bet? :shades:
    $3.26 yesterday, $3.29 today.

Anyone else seeing a jump, even a small one like here?
    Anyone else seeing a jump, even a small one like here?

The last movement I saw at our local station was from $3.039 to $3.029. So, no jump yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    I filled up yesterday at the HEB. 87 octane was 2.86, 93 octane was 3.18, a 32 cent per gallon price spread. I think the days of 20 cents difference from 87 to 93 octane are gone.

No diesel at that station, across the street diesel was $3.69.

I saw one sign last week for $2.69, but didn't need gas at that time.

This is in Houston.
    I filled up the wife's CX-7 yesterday. Noticed that the spread between grades is no longer $.10. Was $.14 between 85 and 87, and $.18 between 87 and 91. With RUG at $3.099, that meant I paid $3.419 for the tank of Shell V-power.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Interestingly the best price on diesel is at Union 76 stations in my area.
    ULSD $3.79
    RUG $3.47
    Mid $3.57
    PUG $3.67

There are a few indies with same price as Costco at $3.45 for RUG.
    RUG will have to get a lot cheaper around here to be a good choice for SUV & PU Drivers.
    Driving the fintail to LA, that would be fun.

I saw gas in Vegas down to around 3.11, I ended up paying 3.25 at a Chevron near the airport.
    edited November 2013
    Paid 3.59 for Chevron premium for the old car today, noticed diesel was 3.99. When I bought the new car, diesel was less than premium. Supply and demand, free markets, capitalism, easter bunny, leprechauns, something is at work here.

I also noticed that ARCO diesel was 4.13, and Safeway diesel was similar, yikes.
    Happy Holiday!

RUG locally is $3.39, got some up the road today for $3.26.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    $3.34
    Cheapest RUG in the county is $3.45. Cheapest diesel is $3.85. I am guessing it will all go down after Thanksgiving.
    $2.999 for RUG at the local grocery store station here in CO. $3.049 RUG at Shell.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hope you had a very happy holiday (and the rest of the board)

More and more I'm thinking about it; not in the market for any vehicle for the foreseeable future. I am keeping my eye on the Jeep diesels; since I'm under the Fiat umbrella now I can get a decent discount on one. As well as keeping an eye on the VW Group of products. I'm just a glutton for torque.

Anyway we had to normal 30 cent jump for Thanksgving but I actually found a Shell / Circle K with petrol for $3.26 for 87 octane that night. And not my usual stations but in the near SW burbs. I don't think we'll go back to the $3.03 from a few weeks back but here's hoping.
    Thanks! Kind of slow with the boards being down.

This "Fiat" caught my eye this morning (have glanced at it before but didn't think it would ever come this way). Bet they lose the manual transmissions en route though.

2015 Ram ProMaster City Targets Nissan NV200, Ford Transit Connect
    Yes, this is a fingers-crossed for me. Can't really talk about it but with, I guess, finally acknowledgement at the upper levels that there is a need / want for a smaller van for smaller businesses, i.e. the popularity & versatility of the Transit, there's a pent up demand for that vehicle.

I mean, people with small businesses were looking for this type of van for decades. That's one of the reasons the old GM B-Body wagons, along with the full-size Fords, were so popular; they pulled double duty as family haulers and as just plain haulers. As the mini-vans became more popular they got larger but interior-wise you couldn't haul anything, especially 4 X 8 sheets. So when the PT Cruiser and the HHR (particularly the "panel" version) spurred interest in a small hauler, the Sprinter (a la Chrysler-Damlier-Freightliner) finally came through and took a decent hold, along with the rest. I really took a look at the Transit overseas as well as here and it is a VERY configurable little bugger. So figure having something that size but being able to haul the mail it can be a winner for sure.

Anyway, was back in MI and through Indy along I-80/94 petrol was $3.09 with diesel between $3.77 - $3.89. Closer to MI prices crept up to $3.12 for 87 octane, diesel same as Indy.

As an aside, I got my 1st in-the-flesh look at an F-Type; it looks great in mags but in person, it REALLY looks great. You can see the E-Type influence but the F-Type stands on its own. That would definitely be in the car barn if I win the Mega-Millions.

Got some out of town for $3.19 and filled up a rental car near LAX a few days ago for $3.55.

In town, regular is still $3.39, diesel is $3.99 and premium is $4.09. Higher than lots of California, in other words.

Here in Colorado,RUG at my local grocery store is $2.899/gal. Has bounced around quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. Was low as $2.849 then jumped up to $2.929 before settling in at $2.899.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

I played gas price roulette and won. A few weeks ago, I filled up for the last time this year at $2.75. I kept watching the prices and figured that was probably the low point, and two days later, prices started creeping up again. I know I only saved a few cents, but it's about the game. :)

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Still hanging at $3.45 for RUG here in Happy Valley

Costco RUG lowest in San Diego is $3.41. Cheapest diesel is $3.85

edited December 2013

@gagrice said:
    Costco RUG lowest in San Diego is $3.41. Cheapest diesel is $3.85-

We bumped up from $3.35 to $3.49 just before Thanksgiving and haven't really looked back yet :(

Prime football season for you eh?

They constantly deny that angle, but I've been here since 1974 and - what a coincidence - it seems to happen EVERY year

Ours was $3.45 prior to Thanksgiving a dropped 4 cents after. The other Costco has stayed at $3.43 since before Thanksgiving. Around here you can have 50 cents difference in a couple blocks. Many stations charge another dime for using CC.

edited December 2013

Filled up the Subie last night in Marquette for $3.13 a gallon. Nice, because the cold has hammered my gas mileage. Saw Premium for $3.79 and diesel was $3.99.

I'm HOPING to get to 2014 with only one more fillup between the two cars!

"Several weeks after gas prices in Michigan made a momentary dip to under $3 a gallon, they jumped to an average of $3.42 a gallon on Friday.

The increase, petroleum analysts said, was caused by production problems at a couple of Midwest refineries.

Michigan gas prices surge to average $3.42 a gallon amid production woes (Detroit Free Press)

Cheapest gas spotted driving home Thursday was $3.20; most stations around us are $3.39.

"Production woes"... nice one

Paid $3.39 in Clarks Ferry, PA (Harrisburg) this morning

Had to head out of town again today - the locals popped a dime to $3.49. Managed to fill up (10 gallons) for $3.35 down the road. The cheapo place in Marquette fell a penny to $3.19 - definitely the outlier station this winter.

I'll be taking the northern route back home in the morning up the NE extension of the PA Turnpike and across I-80. My bet is that I'll see something more like $3.45

You all should be thankful you got a little reprieve from high prices. Our bottom was $3.43 now back up to $3.49 at Costco with the discount stations at $3.59. That is about 10 miles away. We are seeing RUG at $3.67 and diesel at $4.29. Cheapest diesel still $3.87 at one station. All prices here in San Diego headed up.

Big bump from $3.39 to $3.55 here in Happy Valley :'(

RUG at local Chevron went up a dime to 3.39, diesel still at 3.99 where it has been for maybe 6 months.

Had to chuckle this morning at a radio news report. To find money to repair roads and bridges in PA, they've passed a 9 cent per gallon tax on the wholesale price of gas, and the reporter said, "those costs MAY be passed on to consumers starting in 2014"

Really? Ya think so???

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    edited December 2013

@PFFlyer@Edmunds said:
    To find money to repair roads and bridges in PA, they've passed a 9 cent per gallon tax on the wholesale price of gas, and the reporter said, "those costs MAY be passed on to consumers starting in 2014"
    Really? Ya think so???

Not a doubt in my mind.

The real question is about how the current gas taxes, state and federal, have been diverted to other uses rather than roads and bridges, such as bike and hiking trails, parks, streetcar in Cincinnati, etc.. I'm not against bikes or trails, but they should be based on use of taxes that voters and users know are earmarked for such.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

This discussion has been closed.