Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    I changed my mind to EXL model and was offered 28010 + DEST + TTL. OTD Price 31510 in NJ.

Is this a Good price?

Thanks
  • hythonhython Member Posts: 5
    I don't think 2008 exl has a power lift gate - only available on the touring so if that's important to you, look for 2009 or up. They added it to the Exl line in 2009. Please double check my facts.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Is 28k a good price ? Considering they are listing 07-08's for 27k with 40k miles, I think you know the answer. Anyone who wants a ody and doesn't buy now isn't really serious about buying. Unless you want the 2011 which will cost thousands more because msrp + will be needed for the new one until things settle down.
  • rangersacerangersace Member Posts: 34
    Chiku18,

I would say that's a very good price and if you're comfortable with the deal I'd go for it! One thing I would say about the RES, I know it will cost more but the fact that it's factory installed, covered by standard warranty, also extended warranty if you choose one, works wirelessly, provides video inputs AND a 120V outlet in the 3rd row, I ultimately decided to go with it. What ever you do you won't be disappointed with your Oddy, we love ours after two months. Just took our first long trip up to cape cod and it drives like a car and our 6 year old watched movies and connected his DS and played on the DVD screen the whole way.

Also one comment about extended warranty if you choose one which I did because of all the electronic items such as power doors, tailgate, XM radio, RES, etc, you can get 8yrs/120K miles w/ZERO deductible at Bernardi in MA. The also offer a 12 month no interest payment plan.

Good luck with your decision and if you really want a new Oddy, unless you want to wait for the 2011, best to act quickly.
  • charncharn Member Posts: 17
    rangersace, how much did you get your extended warranty for? And can others please share the terms of years/price paid for their extended warranties on here? Appreciate it!
  • rangersacerangersace Member Posts: 34
    Charn,

Sorry I forgot to mention how much I paid, $1295 for 8yr/120K with zero deductible, 12 month interest fee payment plan and no tax from Bernardi. You won't find it cheaper. You can just go to their Hondacare web site and request a quote.
  • chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks Rangerspace for all your help. Extended warranty is same price at saccucci honda RI also has the same quote.I am planning to purchase one as well. I also bought EXL along with free remote starter for 28790 (incl dest). There doc fee was little high as 349 (but they gave me FREE 4 years key replace and paint protection etc which was 99 he said). But everything in the deal was very good and pleasant with route 22 honda in NJ. OTD 31161.80 (excluding DMV).

Thanks to all of you for helping me stick with my number.
  • minidadminidad Member Posts: 3
    I don't understand what is going on, but the dealers seem to be cutting prices drastically. I got a quote for a EXL with Nav and rear entertainment for $32,700. Wonder if I should go for it wait it out.
  • haidonghhaidongh Member Posts: 16
    Haha, you are living in a Cave? 2011 model is coming out in months. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1O4f0jLnWA
    If you are really ready to buy do it.
    That is the exact reason why I wanted to get the 2010. At about 5K under MSRP is it a deal?
    It will be the best deal until the 2011 gets a makeover in 4-5 years. No reason to wait.
  • tke971tke971 Member Posts: 3
  • tke971tke971 Member Posts: 3
    All,
    I want to thank those that posted their experiences on this website. I have been doing my research for about 3 months and just closed a deal in Santa Fe, N.M.
    I was working on three dealers in the state and in the end, the lowest offer won.
    Base Price = $31,450.70
    Dest Charge = $780
    Total = $32,230.70 +TTL
    Tax in N.M. is 3% which is really nice.
    Total OTD = $33,411.62

In the end, I told the dealer I wanted the $1500 Marketing Support and his Holdback ($745). Got it all!

*By the way = The dealer offered the Honda Care 7yr/100K extended Bumper-to-Bumper warranty at $1499 with zero deductible. I was not satisfied so I haggled for another $200 off. The total would have been $1300.

Keep the threads and updates going for the next buyer....This site was really helpful.

Good Luck All
    Hope all other Odyssey seekers get at least as good a deal as this.
  • carbirdcarbird Member Posts: 12
    Anyone on the CT, NY area purchased or got firm prices on an EXL w/NAV RES.
    MSRP is 37,985. Please list Van price and any options purchased rather than one lump. Also dealers purchased from, and trade in allowed. Saw in NY Times today White Plains Honda is offering "additional trade value of $3,800" on new Honda's. Don't know if this is just a come on or not. Any input ? Am ready to buy. Thank you ---
  • neil5neil5 Member Posts: 118
    I am wiriting this to add to the body of knowledge of this car. This is my 3rd Odyssey. Had 02, 06, now 2010. All have been good and 06 had engine mount issues I fixed and was running well at 90k when I traded it..New 2010 is more quiet and newer features with powerlift gate, rear cam, excellent entertainment, sat radio. The dealer gave me 17K for old (90k) and paid 17k for new one OTD...I was blown away with this return on investment (Coggin Honda Jax, fl). They were losing market share to other dealers here and no one was in show room the whole time there. I was there for oil change for Vac trip that led to buying the 2010. Milage on Vac got some tanks over 25 mpg on new car. They tried to sell me extended dealership warranty, I kept declining and finally they offered me Honda extended warranty zero deductible for 100000 for 1k additional 5 yrs....so after engine mount issues (750.00 repair)..bought it. The deals out there are unbelievable if you take time. Finance manager told me this was the lowest he has seen this car move for...hope this helps
  • neil5neil5 Member Posts: 118
    look in jax..too many dealers
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    GO FOR IT.....!!! DO NOT WAIT..!!!,...INVENTORIES WILL START TO DIMINISH, THEN WHEN THERE IS LESS INVENTORY..THE FACTORIES DON'T HAVE A NEED TO INCENTIVIES SINCE INVENTORIES WILL BE LOW...THEN LEASE PAYMENTS WILL GO UP BECAUSE THE RESIDUALS WITH ADJUST...

HOPE THIS HELPS
    Am getting "internet" prices around 34,000. About 2K higher than Edmunds 32,000.
    About the same as tke's 32k price above. Any input for NY,NJ, CT deals made ? Prices higher /lower here ?
    I received "internet" prices from 3 dealers for a Touring model. Internet price quote avg. 37,500. Edmunds MSRP 41,465 Invoice 37,612 TMV 36,587. Internet prices avg
    $913 high over Edmunds. Any input on Touring prices ? You must purchase Touring to get front rear parking beepers which my wife likes. To have them put on an EXL is a $900 expense at Honda. Creeping up on the Touring price. Any input about Touring or EXL w/ NAV actual selling prices in the Northeast ??
    Just picked up the EXL with NAV and RES from Route 23 Honda in NJ. I paid 32730 + documentation fees (349) + NJ taxes + registration. Did not get anything extra, though the dealership offered me the 7 yr, 100,000 bumper to bumper coverage for 1299.
    Everything was negotiated over the Internet. I got the quotes through Edmunds within a couple of hours.

All the best with your purchase.
  • jaiankjaiank Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES and Navigation. I paid 32,021 + Taxes and Tags. 32,021 includes destination charges and dealer processing fees. I also opted for 7year 84k honda bumper to bumper extended warranty for additional $630.

Hopefully I got a good deal.
  • jnscheongjnscheong Member Posts: 66
    Hi all,

Just purchased our 2010 Odyssey EX-L on 7/3/2010 from Hardin Honda with lots of help from this forum.

Here is the detail:
    2010 Odyssey EX-L
    wheel locks
    splash guards
    fog lights
    3rd row sunshades
    back-up sensors

$30,900 before TTL

Hope this info helps others.

Stanley
    Thank you jaiank & minidad, looks like 32 K + is the number for EXL nav, res. Will try to make a deal today. Going to visit dealer who advertised trade-in plus 3800. Will see if it's a scam. Anyone with input on Touring prices paid ? Will post my experience.
  • drmiragedrmirage Member Posts: 1
    I'm still debating between the 2011 Sienna, 2010 Odessey and 2010 Grand Caravan / Chrysler Town & Country.

I test drove the new Sienna XLE yesterday and it was $. I even wanted to see the Limited but none were in stock.

For the 2010 Odessey EXL, Nav and RES. The best deals seem to be 32,000 plus Taxex and Tags.

This seems to be better than getting the New Sienna.

I'm trying not to look at the Kia Sedona and the WV Routan. Baby's comming out soon. Really have a budget.
  • tpdfwtpdfw Member Posts: 3
    Hello, dfwhonda,

Could you please tell me the salesperson's name? I would like to get the same deal from the dealer. My email is tp.plano@yahoo.com

Thank you,
    TPDFW
  • addisonhopeaddisonhope Member Posts: 1
    Hi Rangerace, I've been trolling the Odyssey forums for a few weeks and I'm looking to purchase a 2010 EX-L by the end of July. I'm looking in Northern NJ / NY Metro and I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to send me the information you have put together. My email is addisonhope@gmail.com.
    Thanks so much,
    Addison">link title
  • ricky_bobbyricky_bobby Member Posts: 4
    Looking for guidance on how to negotiate best with two dealers offering similar prices. I'd like to get down to $30K (or under) for this model based on other posts. Right now quotes are at $30,750, which includes destination & freight. I had to go out of area to get the best deal as dealers in my area have surprisingly low inventory and are not moving much on price.

Do I say I have another similar quote and ask them to show me why I should buy from them? Or just throw out a number and see if they'll take it? I hate the negotiation process so any guidance is appreciated. Will definitely post sales price once completed. Thanks
  • minivan4kidsminivan4kids Member Posts: 6
    Rangersace I followed your advice,
    I did not purchase the 2008 Nav + RES Ody (23k miles).
    the seller would let go at $27K still have to pay tax, title, etc

I'm hoping to find a good deal in the future for either Ody or Sienna.
  • bigdozerbigdozer Member Posts: 32
    jaiank, What dealership was this? Thats a great deal.
  • bigdozerbigdozer Member Posts: 32
    Please let me know the best OTD deal you have got for the 2010 Oddysey EX-l w Nav & RES in NJ.

Thank's
  • candy1980candy1980 Member Posts: 6
    Are you dealer????????

I quoted several Honda for same EXL as yours. $29000-29700 plus TTL only.

Most of edmunders paid less than $29000.
    If you look at the post he had several add-ons that factor into the price. I doubt if there is much activity by salesfolks on these forums trying to influence people to pay higher prices for vehicles.
  • busymom10busymom10 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone share what they paid for their 2010 Honda Odyssey EXL (without Res, with RES, with RES & NAV) in the St. Louis or Chicago area?

Thanks!
    I Just bought the TOURING
    NAV+RES black &black
    30k Miles
    OTD $ 27900
    from small dealership in Cleveland!!
    I think that was a good deal!
    Rangersace..
    I Just bought the TOURING
    NAV+RES black &black
    30k Miles
    OTD $ 27900
    from small dealership in Cleveland!!
    I think that was a good deal!
  • stlminivan10stlminivan10 Member Posts: 5
    The dealership installed a Python remote start. Responder One model. According to the dealership, it did not affect my warranty. This is just a simple one button remote start key fob. It is separate from the Honda key fob - so carrying two fobs. The biggest disappointment I found was the Honda Odyssey will not allow me to unlock my van while the engine in running. So I have to shut the car down by the Python remote then unlock the van by Honda remote then get in and start the car by key. I was told Honda built in this safety feature and cannot get around it...... however, i have been given a lead to find what Bypass unit was installed and see if I can work around it that way?!?
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    I was in your same situation, looked at the Toyota Sienna XLE and the Limited, however--ended up going with the Odyssey w/RES & Nav, and haven't look back--we love it, not worth getting the Honda Odyssey Touring unless you can afford to spend about $50-60 more per month if you lease it.

Our neighbors have a fully loaded Town & Country and after 2-years they are already having problems, other folks call the T&C "Junk" craftmanship, and by the way--the VW Routon is the same as the T&C just with different badges.

The best deals now are on the Odyssey, we paid 31,971 for ours.

Negotiate all the way down to whatever monthly payment is comfortable for you, keep in mind dealers will try and hit you with their "Dealer service Fee" and their sneaky BS accessory list, refuse to pay these, or walk away.

Good luck. :)
  • jamtracyjamtracy Member Posts: 75
    Happened to me on a CRV I bought a couple of years ago. I was so disappointed that you had to turn off the engine to unlock the door and carry this HUGE FOB. I understand the safety feature but GM remote starts are factory installed combined with the key fob (so it's way smaller) and you can unlock the car while it's running so I question the said safety feature. Anyway not the right forum but I had to vent a little after wasting the money on a remote start I never used.....
    Just bought 2010 EXL Nav& RES for 32.3K +TTR. Got color we wanted. Negotiated an additional $500 to trade in offer. Very happy with dealer Liberty Honda in Hartford CT. Shirt & tie dealership everything professional. No high pressure. Because of good deals inventory in CT/NY area dropping if in the market better to move now. Thanks Edmunds Forums
  • jnscheongjnscheong Member Posts: 66
    Hi Candy1980,

No, I am not a dealer. As mentioned by another poster, my purchase included a few accessories. For the van only, the quotes I got were inline with your experience. There was one dealer quoted the van only for a few bucks under $29,000. However, this dealer's total price including the accessories was not the lowest.

Stanley
  • urbananaurbanana Member Posts: 1
    After emailing multiple Honda dealerships in Maryland, Anderson Honda in Baltimore City offered EX-L with RES for $29,397. After adding all season mats, bug deflector, wheel locks, & splash guards, 6% Md sales tax, title fees, etc... $31,950 OTD.
  • tpdfwtpdfw Member Posts: 3
    Replying to: rangersace (May 30, 2010 5:27 am)
    Hello Rangerspace, Could I get the spreadsheet? I am planning to buy 2010 Odyssey EXL. My email is tp.plano@yahoo.com

Thank you.
  • desi_bandadesi_banda Member Posts: 3
    Hey Guys,

After doing some research using this forum, I have finally made a deal for my new Ex-l Odyssey with res and nav... picking it up tomorrow...

Sent quotes to lots of dealers but nothing seems to beat 32000(including delivery)+license+tax(9.75%.. sucks big time)+documentation fees(55)+tire fees(8.75)

Just wondering is this a good deal? I would like to believe so... And yes the dealer gave me some free stuff - door guards, fender trim, wheel locks, first free service...

What say Guys? Did I do well? Or should I have waited a bit longer??

Thanks for the responses....

Desi Banda....
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    What was the starting MSRP?
  • desi_bandadesi_banda Member Posts: 3
    $37985
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    $5,985 off sticker seems like a great deal to me, congrats!
  • srm2010srm2010 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,
    I just bought Odyssey 2010. It has major problem with brakes. They are too soft. Make sure u test drive the car u buy. Just not cool.
  • hawkeye792001hawkeye792001 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an Odyssey EX at Rt. 22 Honda in NJ. It was 29 and change with taxes tags delivery fee etc. Also got the 7 year 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty. This was the best price I found. Phillipsburg Honda say they would beat any price I brought them, but they wouldn't give me there lowest price without another offer from a different dealership.
  • twintouringtwintouring Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    Thanks to everyone who posted here, your experiences helped us get a smashing deal on a new 2010 Touring Edition (Dark Cherry Pearl/Ebony Interior).

In No. Va, we paid $35,400, OTD it was $37K. Felt we got a decent deal on ours, recommend anyone buying to make sure you do your homework before negotiating and document everything! Dealers will always try and eek that extra $200-500 out of you and call it an appearance package, which is pure dealer fluff/profit. :shades:

We bought at Bill Page Honda, an overall positive experience, though the salesperson would have gotten an extra $400 out of me if I didn't tell them to remove their "appearance" package.