Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• akaatlakaatl Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am looking for new Accord 09, EX-L. This is the first time I am buying a car.

So far I have a quote of 22,600 including destination and a 24,830 drive out price. Do you think this is a good price?

How much lower can I make my offer since this is the quote I got from them over the phone/email?

Also, which delaer would you recommend based on your experience?

Thanks!
  • georgebush1georgebush1 Member Posts: 22
    This is in response to all those asking about good dealers in Atlanta. I dealt with them all and Hennessy Honda was the best by far. Its where I bought my EX from. I recommend going through the Costco car buying program if you have a membership with them. Hennessy is the only dealer in the area that is in the program. Good luck.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    IMHO the Costco program is worthless nowadays. Back in the day when dealers could get close to sticker for a car it was a good deal. Now you can get better deals by shopping all dealers then through the official Costco dealer.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • jim007jim007 Member Posts: 3
    Ditto the worthless Costco program.....today it is simply not competitive
  • 1dodgedartt1dodgedartt Member Posts: 6
    Hello ~
    We are having a conference at our home related to these two vehicles...the dealership --two separate sales folks ---are pretty --hohum about the EX-L NAV/RES
    are we missing something ? Is there a better incentive for them to sell the EX-L -without the NAV/RES? -Or- are they too practical and think those two add -ons are just too pricey ? Which certainly seems that they are ----we would really like the NAV --love the screen ---however ---that isn't possible without the RES ....??
    Your thoughts??? Anyone??

:)
  • oliverjiaoliverjia Member Posts: 3
    Hi odugs,
    I emailed one more dealer in silver spring MD and it turned out to be fortunate for me. I got a quote of $19600 OTD for a LX from internet salesman. I went to their dealership yesterday and negotiated with the manager and was able to knock down another $400 so my final is $19200 OTD with 2.9% APR for 36 months. The dealer there was really nice and professional, no hidden charges, no tricks and games. The whole buying exprience was very pleasant.
    My conclusion is you have to find the right dealership, maybe at the right time, in order to get a good deal. All the other dealerships gave much higher bottomline-price, around $20000 OTD. So its really important that you find a right dealership.
    regards,
    oliverjia
  • jaguars3jaguars3 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any experience with purchasing the 09 Accord LX with auto in Jacksonville, FL area? I got a quote from one dealer for $18,500 plus tax and fees. Is that a good price? I was also thinking about the 2010 Camry and Hyundai Sonata. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • gmcgrathgmcgrath Member Posts: 7
    Any of guys know the new honda rebates from 07/07/2009? and the finance rates. Honda sales are down by 34 % for the month of june and i dont see any rebates and finance details any where. Did they took out if so i will go with a toyota which 2000 bucks on some cars.
  • jayfivealivejayfivealive Member Posts: 12
    The reason none are listed is because their current offer just expired (7/6/09). I am assuming they will post new offers soon... that's basically the only reason I am waiting to buy mine - to see what offers they are going to have.

If anyone knows, please enlighten us! But yeah, that's the reason there are none, they are probably making up new offers.
    I came to know they will out on Thursday. have to wait till Thursday.
  • carnut93carnut93 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a 2009 Accord EX-L last night for 24,800 out the door including the 1500 marketing incentive and financed at the 3.9% rate. It was a nightmare. Settled on a price over the internet and then when I got in the door they tried their best to bait and switch, etc. Bottom line, I will NEVER again do business at that particular dealer in Phoenix, AZ. It took them 41/2 hours to complete the deal even though we had an agreement before I even walked through the door. Homework on Edmunds sure pays off!!!
    Showcase?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • lena8lena8 Member Posts: 9
    What went wrong? Did the internet quote provide you with " Out of the door" price?
    Could you please break down your price like base price +tax+dealer fee? I'm looking to buy one too.
    Give a bad review online for the dealer that will at least help people buying.
  • georgebush1georgebush1 Member Posts: 22
    Well Im not sure whether its worth it or not. Bottom line, I got the 09 EX, with mudguards and floormats for $21,800 OTD. I also got the 3.9% for 60 months.
    Is there a particular place on line to review dealers?
    The internet price was an exact price of $24,800 out the door, everything included. I mentioned that "I had a neighbor who was in the market for a new car also and depending on the deal I got and the experience, I would be more than willing to recommend their dealership." That's it, no other mention of my neighbor. Well, when I got there they told me the price was only good if my neighbor and I were both buying a car that day and that they could give my neighbor the same deal. The problem was that I never said anything about my neighbor being ready to buy a car that day or even if they'd made up their mind as to what car they were thinking of. It was all just the expected car salesman get you in the door and then change the story. They gave me the "we're losing 2,000 on this deal, we just can't take that big of a hit, etc.... I did bring in a file folder with all the print outs of what Edmunds listed the car for, TMV, etc. as well as all my emails back and forth with the fleet department. So, it was all in writing!! These guys were all so totally dishonest and scammers it wasn't funny. These are the kind of guys that give car salesmen a bad name. They were totally unethical. Then the finance guy tried to talk me into all the extended warranty stuff - his selling point..... that I'd saved so much on the deal that I was CRAZY not to buy the extended warranty. Little did he know that I was so furious about the way they were doing business I was not about to spend one more dime at their dealership!! Here's the breakdown if it helps...
    base plus accessories (including body side molding, splash guards and a preinstalled package they already had added( window tinting, trunk tray, pin striping, and a bunch of other little stuff) 22,058
    tax 1,831
    registration, lic., tire disp. fee, postage 516
    doc fee 395
    total OTD 24,800

Hope this helps!!
    I received an email from a dealer today that they were extending the offer for a few more days. Maybe you should check with individual dealers in your area.
    Wow, that was fast! Have you had experience with that dealer?
    Last year when I was shopping I contacted all of the valley Honda dealers. The guy from Showcase was so cocky, acting like he was doing me a favor by selling me a car, so I had a feeling it was them. If I were to get a Honda I would probably go through Superstition Springs. I had a great deal worked out with them for a V6 Coupe, but decided to spend the extra $50 a month and get another G35.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Anyone have any experiences with the Colorado dealerships? I am hoping to buy my car in two weeks or so, just waiting to see if they will have better APR specials this thursday, then getting pre-approved for a loan and going to try to have 10 dealers in the area bid me their lowest price. Would love any feedback!
    I've had a good previous experience with Tempe Honda and my father had a very good experience with Santan Honda/Honda of Mesa. His experience was very good, no hassles, very professional - this was a few years back.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Is there a particular place on line to review dealers?

Click on the Dealer Ratings and Reviews box at the top of the page!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I am way too pick unfortunately and am set on getting the coupe, EX-L in Blue and Manual Transmission and an I4 engine. There are no cars like that in my state, nor in the district. The dealer I spoke with said they are willing to put in an order for a 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L Blue with Manual trans and give it to me at invoice price (he thought roughly 24,500). He said there is a 399 dealer fee and then reg, lic. and all that on top though.

Is that a good deal? I am having him give me another quote on what it would cost to get the 2009 blue manual EX-L ordered from another state, which would include another destination fee, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet on that...
  • kevinharriskevinharris Member Posts: 5
    Can you break down the prices??? I assume $21,800 includes the sales tax???

Thanks.
  • heather23heather23 Member Posts: 4
    I got a few internet quotes for Accord-09 EX 6cyl. The lowest among them is 23050, including destination. Is this a decent price? I saw lots of discussion about EX 4cyl and EX-L 4cyl in this thread but didn't find much information about EX 6cyl
    Thanks
  • frankduxfrankdux Member Posts: 2
    Purchased for $24,636 +TTL = $27,232.21

The Good
    Sales staff was great, Richard Baril JR is the man. Price was fair enough, not the best deal i've seen on these forums, no pressure and mostly pain free buying experience.

The Bad
    When vehicle was washed/delivered there were 2 paint chips the size of the tip on a ball point pen. It was noted and the sales staff said to bring it in any time for repair. When I brought it in the following week for repair they said it'll be taken care of and gave me a ride home. I call them later that day to get an estimate time of repair and was told 4 business days. When I asked why so long they said its just proper procedure to ensure the quality of repair - ok fine.

When I asked them for a loaner vehicle or paying for a rental car since I'm out of a car for 4 days (I need to work to pay off this vehicle I just purchased) they gave me the brush off. Escalated to a manager same response - sorry we can't help you. Now I'm forced to pay out of pocket for a rental car due to their mistake. Had I known this is the way they treat their new customers I would have gone anywhere else to buy a Honda.

You may get a great price at Hardin, but make sure the vehicle is flawless or else you'll be out of a vehicle for almost a week. Good luck future Honda owners.
  • postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    EX V6 MSRP is $200 more than EX-L I4 auto and $2,000 less than EX-L V6, so that should be your guideline. If somebody got $24,500 (in your region!) for EX-L V6, you should try EX V6 for $22,500.

However, stock of EX V6 is limited when compared to other models, so you might not get as good deal as you could with other two mentioned models.
  • carplzcarplz Member Posts: 8
    Hello all, I am looking to purchase a 2009 Accord LX. I live in the tri-state area and was wondering if anyone had any positive experiences with a dealership in New Jersey. Does anyone know how much I can realistically get off the MSRP and when the best time I should buy? I know that the 2009 model year is coming to an end so there must be some good deals somewhere, at least I hope... Thx to all who reply.
    Selling prices now days is pretty much based on +/ - invoice. MSRP is only useful for calculating leases. There was $1,500 dealer cash available, not sure if it will continue. If it does you should be looking at a price around $1500 below invoice or better.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I dont't think the incentive is still good. However the end of the month will be here soon enough so I will see if Honda comes up with any new incentives. I looked at a civic a week ago and Honda dealers weren't offering any good deals on them so hopefully it will be different for the accord. I mean you would think that since the 2010 will be out shortly they would be willing to negotiate more.
  • sgandlasgandla Member Posts: 6
    oliverjia,
    I am planning on buying Accord LX '09 before end of august and I live in DC metro area. Can you tell me name of the dealership and the person,contact info you worked with.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks
    chikki
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    Sorry i know this is not dealing with prices guys.

to frankdux: what exactly are they going to do about the paint chips. Also just to let you know you will be getting a lot of chips which the dealer service manager will tell you they are from road debris/rocks. i just got mine a month ago and it has several rock chips. in hood and side of the car

i have read many complaints in other forums that due to environmental friendly paint that honda uses paint chipping is more common.

But the main issue that should worry you: check the paint in this area on both sides of the car : near the front bumper and front side panel close to the headlights. my paint is chipping off (on bumper) in this area on both sides and it is clearly not due to road debris. i took it in to service manager and he agreed that is not normal or cause by me or the environment.
    Service manager solution: they need to repaint the whole front bumper. Wow after only a month with a new car and already getting a paint job. i told him that would lower the value of the car and he said that it would not yeah right it will. i called honda as well and they said they have nothing to do with it BS.

also in the same general area near the tail lights this has been reported by other people so no its not only me since this has happened to other people in the same area (dont take my word for it do a search).
    guys check this area to see if this is happening to you look in the gap between the front bumper and panel (on the bumper par)t

about the loaner i think it all depends on the dealership. they offered to give me a loaner and told me that if i get it repainted it would take about 3 days.
  • frankduxfrankdux Member Posts: 2
    the dealership said they would take it next door to their repair/body shop to get the paint chips fixed. they were being cheap on the loaner car. i purchased the vehicle from them last Monday 6/29 and it already has paint chips. very disappointed in the quality of the paint and their refusal to offer me a loaner when it takes 4 days to re paint the damaged areas.

which dealership did you purchase from?
  • daj3daj3 Member Posts: 2
    Last night I purchased a 2009 Accord EX-L Automatic no Nav for $22,900 including destination fee. Can anyone let me know if I negotated well for this car. Any input is welcome.

Thanks
  • saxon2nsxsaxon2nsx Member Posts: 19
    Guys, what are the differences between Lx and Lx-P in Accords? :confuse:
  • action378action378 Member Posts: 7
    Purchased this car back on 6/13/09 and paid 23,800 including destination fee. I also purchased an 8yr 100,000 ext warranty for 900.00. Buying process was quick and easy.

By the way, ran across this site a few days ago and there's so much good information.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • sandshondasandshonda Member Posts: 2
    Just an FYI. All dealer incentives have remained the same. However, the dealer cash and special APR, can NOT be combined as of 7/9
  • houdini33houdini33 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Heather,

Keep us posted as to what you end up doing. I am currently debating whether I want to try for the EX V6 or the EX-L 4cyl. Assuming the V6 can be had for only a few hundred more than EX-L 4cyl, I think I am inclined to go that route. I prefer the extra power, as well as the slightly better exterior look (IMO of course). However, it appears that not too many people shop for this trim, so I don't know what kind of deals can be had.
    How about dealer cash and leasing, can they be combined?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    So there are still cash incentives? I didn't see any listed for Honda, please explain. Thx
    i got it at a houston, texas dealership. i called the sales manager on monday and said he would call me in an hour after he talked to the general manager. guess what i am still wating for his call after 3 days. bad thing you will get more rock chips due to hondas paint and any little thing is prone to give you a chip on the paint. so everyone keep an eye on this maybe you dont believe me right now but you will see once you have you car.
    check the bumper area to make sure it doesnt have the same issue as mine.
    i dont want to get my whole front bumper repainted after only a month of having the car as this will lower the value of the car. this would suck specially when the issue is not normal
  • jlee8071jlee8071 Member Posts: 8
    Hello everyone,

Can you recommend a good dealership in LA county? Which dealers should I stay away from ?

I'm interested in lease an accord

thanks!
    josh
    Talked to our best dealership and they were tracking me down an 09 for 23.7K + shipping. Called them today and Accord prices went up in general and it will be closer to 24.2k, BUT another dealership that's owner is a friend of my previous Realtor talked to them and they decided that because I knew the owner through someone, they would give me a 2010 model, exactly how I want it, for invoice price, plus a 399$ dealership fee, which I plan on arguing since I will get my car serviced there and that's where they make the money anyway.

I told the 'best' dealership this and the guy laughed and said omg they are soo lying to you, no way in hell you are getting a 2010 at invoice when the 09s are going for just at invoice. No way no way no way, blah blah. I asked if he would take that deal if he could then, and the guy said 100% for sure but he'd get it all in writing cause it's a BS deal.

Well I go in tomorrow or Saturday to put $500-1000 down and get the brand new 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L at invoice price!!! (when they are released)

Here is to hoping they don't try to f-me over!
  • heather23heather23 Member Posts: 4
    I just went to the dealership to test drive today. 6cyl feels smoother and quieter to me compare to EX 4cyl. However they asked for 23450 for the EX 6cyl, $200 more than the quoted price, and they don't even have that in stock. They also offered EXL 6cyl at 24800. I walked out
    I'm sticking with 6cyl, but I'll check other dealer, maybe other 6cyl cars, camery or impala.
  • dave4242dave4242 Member Posts: 8
    looking for an Accord V6 EX-L sedan w/o nav. Saw that Cars Direct is about $25,500 + taxes and fees. Is that a good price? Thanks.
    it sucks for most that waited for this month for better incentives. it is still only $1500 but what sucks is that you can no longer combine it with special financing. this will be like this until september. i guess this is when the new 2010 is probably going to start arriving at the dealers.
    i wonder if honda is selling more that other makes since they did not better anything

i wanted to wait last month when i got mine but i could no longer wait i needed the car. i am glad i bought last month.
  • dave4242dave4242 Member Posts: 8
    Heather,
    Wouldn't 24,800 be a good price for the V6 EX-L? I found it for $25,437 on Carsdirect.com. If not, what would be a good price for the V6 EX-L?
  • daj3daj3 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my Accord just under the wire to get the combined incentive of $1500 and the 3.9% Financing. Seeing the new incentives I'm glad I made my purchase. Based on this, the final purchase price including destination fee was $22,900 for the 2009 Automatic EX-L with no Nav. Can anyone let me know if my neogotations skills paid off or not?

Thanks
    Donna