Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ds09ds09 Member Posts: 6
    also wanted to know what's main difference from 09
  • jayfivealivejayfivealive Member Posts: 12
    Unfortunately, no one knows yet. Not even dealers have information on it yet. The dealer I am getting my 2010 from said they need to put in their first order by July 17th for the cars, so I am assuming they will know something by then.

What is known about the 2010s is that there will be no major changes to the exterior and most likely not the interior either. It's still the same 'generation' of Accord, so expect subtle differences.

The next major change to the Accord is supposedly going to be 2012 which will be the last year the Accord name is used.
  • maybelline6maybelline6 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

This is a response to Josh and other folks who want to buy or lease a Honda vehicle. Please read my evaluation of this dealership in West Covina:

Honda-Norm Reeves Honda Superstore 1840 E Garvey Ave S, West Covina, California 91791-1909.

It's a newly renovated dealership, has a beautiful showroom--they have great Customer Service!

I had an excellent experience at this newly renovated dealership Norm Reeves Honda in West Covina on Saturday, July 4, 2009. I bought a 2009 Honda Accord EX model with a moon roof. Through the AAA website, I was contacted by the very nice AAA Rep and was told that I can get the car $350 above invoice price. As an AAA Member, they also gave me a 15% discount on accessories including alarm/security system

They gave me a fantastic deal: I talked with Joey, Salesman. I mentioned to him what I was able to afford. He checked his computer and said it was okay.

I recommend this dealership because they are trustworthy. They were very good in customer service especially Joey and Lance. They will take care of you and help you. I bought this car for $24,000 out-the-door which included tax and license. I am totally satisfied and happy.
    I think you did. On 7/4/09 I bought a 2009 Honda Accord EX model, and I paid $24,000 includ. Tax and License.
    Yes!
  • heather23heather23 Member Posts: 4
    Check http://www.realcartips.com/2009-Honda-Accord-Prices
    According to that site, $24200 would be a great price for V6 EX-L. 24800 wasn't bad but not enough to get me go over budget
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    heather23 the website you provided is the worst website there is. edmunds (forums) and any other wibsite are much more reliable than realcartips.com.
    although i have not recently looked at that particular website, a month ago when i was purchasing my car many msrps were not correct.
    you need more infomation to determine whether a deal is good or not. remember not all states have the same fees or taxes. i know in some states doc fees can be more than $400 while in my state they usually charge $50. other states pay less taxes i pay 6.25%.
    remember not all markets are the same so while there are some dealers out there in some parts that are willling to sell at incredible prices, dealers in other places will not be as willing. Houston for instance is a hard place to get those amazing deals that a couple of people have been able to get and this is a big city.
    Also the marketing support that dealers get does NOT have to be passed on to you. is not a rebate like the other makes have this is why it is not advertised. see if some without any knowledge of this marketing support goes into the dealer and gets offered $500 below invoice most likely they will be happy so the dealer only used a portion of this support and still gets to keep the rest. although most dealers are willing to give you the whole $1500 marketing suppport they do nto have to.

so if you can get at least $1500 below invoice. you are getting a good deal.
    remember it is only a small percentage of people that actually read this forums so getting $1500 below invoice you are doing much better than the rest of the general public.

again i would not trust that website
  • jswiftyjswifty Member Posts: 19
    maybelline6:
    That dealer may have been nice to you, but you overpaid unless Accords are in short supply in your area. Most people visiting this site recently have been paying below invoice on Accords. The average price nationally also has been below invoice for the past month. This is the best website to understand prices nationally and in your area:

http://truecar.com/release/index.html
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    What was the MSRP and the Exterior/Interior color combination?
  • buckrogersocirbuckrogersocir Member Posts: 16
    Hi - The MSRP was over $31,000 for the V6 four door accord with Navigation. The color was the metalic gray (the dark gray) with gray leather interior. Hope that helps.
  • ds09ds09 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for reply. didn't expect not any major change in 2010 accord but just was not sure.
    The prices on realcartips.com are not necessarily incorrect. The purchaser is supposed to input the base MSRP plus the cost of options, but no taxes or fees. This creates the possibility of a lot of variations in MSRP. The site is valuable for providing a good idea about the maximum percentage that you can hope to save on an Accord purchase now, approximately 17-19%. The site definitely is not totally reliable. Anybody can post a fake price or make a mistake. This forum suffers from the same problem, especially since salespeople can post comments praising their dealerships and prices. The most reliable survey of local, regional and national data is truecar.com.
  • dave4242dave4242 Member Posts: 8
    Carsdirect.com gives a price of $22672 including destination. The invoice is $23923. This seems like a pretty good deal, doesn't it?
    Thanks, I think your color is called Polished Metal Metallic (dark gray), which is exactly the color we're after except with black leather interior. I think your price is agressive and probably at or very near the bottom. I believe your probably at around 17.7% off MSRP. I'm looking at a polished metal metallic with black leather interior V-6 w NAV MSRP of $31,575 that I am quoting them $25,500 including all destination, dealer adds, misc fees, etc (everything but TT&L). l"ll go $25,900 but not a penny more...I will walk - too many hungry dealers in town to pay more. If successful, I will wind up paying the following:

Accord V-6 Sedan (EX-L) with Leather & Navigation
    MSRP: $31,575
    Sales Price: $25,900
    Tax 6.25%: $1,619
    Lot Tax .227%: $58
    Title & License: $130
    Drive Out Price: $27,707

P.S. Did you get any special financing options i.e. 0% or 2.9%, or did you just pay cash? Thanks for all your help.
    So I got a price of $22,299 for an EX-L sedan with I4, manual transmission. The dealership also quoted me a conveyance fee of $399. Does everyone pay this?
    We paid cash but then the finance guy said it will only cost us a few hundred to finance $15, grand so we financed the rest and kept the money in the bank rolled over into a cd. It was at the 2.9% rate. We had no extras on the car. Bought a car cover for $200.00 - 20% off.
    Let me know if you need a reference to the dealer and sales contact to attempt to negotiate a price at $25,900.00 I think if you can get it at $26,400. you're doing great. If the color is what you can live with. You're correct in saying we got a great deal - it was due to knowing the owner. Hope you can find the color you like it was difficult for us and one of the reasons we went lower from $26,400.00. was due to the color. We really didn't care if the dealership said no, and I think they knew that. Oh, the navi is great on the car so is the free XM radio.
    Buck
    Hey Dave,
    That is about 2 grand too much! You can get a V6 EXL with navi for $400.00 more. We bought our accord 4 door V6-L with Navigation for $25,900.00. So you can easily make an offer without navi at $24,000.00. Good luck.
  • heather23heather23 Member Posts: 4
    I end up buying an EX 6cyl from another dealer, paying
    Sale price:23050
    doc fee :395
    tag&title :39
    plus sales tax

It's not a better deal compare to the other offer (24800 plus doc fee and TTL for EX-L V6), but I got the color and trim I wanted most. It's not the rock bottom price I saw on internet, but considering the limited EX 6cyl inventory in my area, I'm all happy
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    If you want the Altima, you should wait for the 2010 because there will be some moderate changes.
    I believe you mentioned in a previous post that it was a guy named Martin at Hardin Honda in Anaheim. Let me know if that's correct, I may need him as a point of reference. Thanks again.
  • jlee8071jlee8071 Member Posts: 8
    Dear all,

I got the following quote. Please let me know if I should go with it. Thank you.

'09 Accord LX
    0 down
    $254 (3yr 36 months)

Drive off= 1st month+Lic. Fee=$648
    A conveyance fee sounds suspicious. When I bought my Accord in PA, I didn't pay a conveyance fee. You need to check on requirements in your state.
  • derdawderdaw Member Posts: 8
    I took ownership of a new EX-L V6 (Basque Red w/ tan int.) on July 3rd. I opted to not get the NAVpackage I did add a winged spoiler, side molding, moon roof visor, and door edge guards for $26400. This doesn't include TTL, but everything else. I paid cash.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,215
    Conveyance fee sounds like Connecticut..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hey Buck,

Can you fax me your invoice showing the price you paid? Dealers down here are not giving me any slack when I offer $25,900. I've walked three dealerships so far this weekend, and I'm staying flexible on the color options (just trying to buy the car). Thanks, Dave
  • beslcbeslc Member Posts: 7
    I would like to know how you are getting the price of 25900.00 as well. Do you have a trade involved ? That price is putting the vehicle at about 3000.00 below invoice. I am only aware of the 1500 dealer cash being available.

In my area you can get 1500 below invoice as well as the 2.9% , but not even close to the price you are quoting.
    I got a price of $22,229 via AAA for an 09 EX-L 5 speed. They say that is $1950 below invoice.
    He did get the deal. I called and talked to Martin last night at Hardin Honda in Anaheim. He said Mr. Rogers is a good negotiator and we had more dealer cash in June, bla, bla, bla. His price of $25,900 actually puts the car at $2,675 below invoice. So, on his $31,615 MSRP car, If the dealer has $1,500 cash and a 3% holdback of $857 on an invoice of $28,576 (from KBB). The dealer winds up supposedly loosing $318 on the car, which could happen if they needed another volume unit sale to make a monthly goal. Also, dealers on ocassion will get other special money that car buyers and salespeople never ever never never hear about. Relative of mine was a joint partner with others in a major car dealership in Houston years ago.
    I agree with you though. Rarely, unless under extreme circumstances do you ever get into the dealers pocket (their holdback cash). However, this is an historic car buyers market with sales off on average (all brands) 30% YOY - USA Today. You are correct that dealers right now are automatically going below invoice with dealer cash to close deals before another dealership gets the biz. So with a EX-L V6 with NAV car, your looking at $28,576 invoice minus $1,500 gets you the car for $27, 076 all day long. My guess is they will go $26,500 if you work them hard enough. $25,900 was simply the right place at the right time & good negotiating skills of course. Buck, if your reading I would love a faxed copy of your invoice to help me close my deal! Thanks everyone!!
    Honda holdback is 2% of MSRP.
  • odugsodugs Member Posts: 5
    Yes laxvenkat, you are very correct. I was under the wrong impression for a while. Thanks for clearing up my mistake.
  • dawgnhomerdawgnhomer Member Posts: 2
    Recently bought 2009 Accord White Diamond Pearl EXL V6 from Atlanta for drive out of 26,779. This included pin stripe, all season mats, mud guards and all taxes and fees. We financed for 3 years at 2.9%. Great buying experience!
    :surprise: :surprise: Did it have Navigation? What was the MSRP? Thanks.
  • dawgnhomerdawgnhomer Member Posts: 2
    No navigation. $29,415 plus add ons.
    March 18, 2009......

"I have a quote for the EX-L w. NAV of $26,327.39 and with all fees the OTD price is $28,464.30. Auto dealer is in the Dayton area. "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

czufam......Did you wind up purchasing the car? If so, what was the MSRP and your final purchase price? Thanks, Dave
  • romeostylezromeostylez Member Posts: 1
    I am actually going to try to go to a dealer today and negotiate for the 2009 Accord EX-L V6 (coupe) W/Navi. I got one quote for 26,566. I was wondering what type of deals people are getting to purchase?

I also want to get some accessories, pretty much fully loaded:
    - Front Under Spoiler
    - Side Spoiler
    - Rear Under Spoiler
    - Auto Day/Night Mirror with Compass
    - Electronic Back-up Sensors
    - Honda Remote Engine-Starter System

I got quoted $3,409 for all the accessories installed, i know thats too much as well.
    Just got a quote of $23782.74 OTD for 09 EX-L sedan with 5 speed manual. That was $22229 for the car + $1334.74 for tax, and $220 doc fee. I think that seems pretty good. What do people think? This was through AAA.
  • sram4sram4 Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys
    I received this quote online from one of the dealers in the Sunnyvale area for 2009 Honda Accord LX Auto:
    Price: $17788 +destination fee $670 +dmv fees $363.75 Tax:1712.45 + doc fees $55. Total out the door $20588.20. Any suggestions on whether this is a good price based on your experiences.

Thanks,
    Sram
  • nelstonenelstone Member Posts: 1
    Finally! Purchased above car tonight from Criswell Honda dealership in MD after a quote for the following price (close approx numbers): $27,470 MSRP (incl dest. ($670), ad, and the fog lights + backup sensors options added) - $3,850 (discount) + $100 (processing fee) for a total of $23,720 plus TTT. Extremely nice experience at the dealership. The car came with a few add-ons worth about $300.

The deal I think was better than what I got on the AAA website - but should note that this forum, AAA, and other sites are invaluable to any car buyer. Thanks for all the posts.
    Here is the price I got in CT on EX-L 5 speed manual.
    MSRP: $26,275

Actual price: $22016
    Conveyance fee $299
    CT sales tax $1338.90
    Reg $170
    OTD: $23823.90

How does that sound? It sounds pretty good to me.
  • gasmizrgasmizr Member Posts: 40
    I have watched this for years with Honda and I have always had to purchase the LX version of a car to get headroom. Does anyone know of a contact at American Honda that I can talk to? I am tired of buying the bottom end of the line and would really like a better equipped vehicle.

I have looked around/test drove and of all the Coup's available the Honda is by far the best and most refined in my price range. I just want an EX-L without the sunroof. I am just to tall to fit. Leg room is fine. :confuse:

Thanks for any assistance. I want to purchase this week. Yes, I thought about having the sunroof removed but am concerned of what that may do to the car and the added cost. If I had the money to get the headroom I would purchase the A5 or E350 coups. I do not like the E350 interior and I am sure both are a maintenance black hole from a cost perspective. So, even if I had the money I do not believe they are up to Honda quality from maintenance/longevity perspective. This is based on personal experience with Honda's over the last 25 years and friends who drive the German brands. They all lease because of the maintenance/longevity issues.
    the LX is the only trim that does not have the sunroof. I just purchased an EX last month and test drove both the LX and EX trims and i dont think the sunroof makes that much of a difference. if you buy any other trim other than the LX you are paying for the sunroof in the cost of the vehicle. You kind of mentioned money being a factor so if there was some way to remove the sunroof which i am not sure if you can do that that would have to be done in a shop. I am sure there would be some painting involved and you cannot be assured 100% paint match they can get as as close as possible but they no one can assure anything. All this i am sure would actually affect you resale value because who wants an EX-l without a sunroof and that has been painted without factory paint.
    i think if it was possible to remove it you would end up paying more money that way. try test driving it again i am sure that headroom is not affected that much
  • gasmizrgasmizr Member Posts: 40
    I understand what you are saying. It is just enough difference to make a difference for me. LX - 39.1" headroom vs EX-L 37.4. That 1.5" makes all the difference between having a little space above my head and being right at the roof line. If the sunroof went "edge to edge" then it would be fine too since I could leave the shade open. This is just one of those things Honda does that drives folks like me crazy. I am still driving my 1996 Civic LX, headroom 39.7, for the same reason and my '89 Accord LX before that. And need I mention my '84 Prelude that had headroom too. Skipped next gen Civic and Accord, to ugly. I went to purchase new Civic SI for 2006 MY, no headroom and they put the handbrake at my knee. So, OK try again with new MY Accord coup and no headroom on EX +, go figure. :mad:
  • ttt8ttt8 Member Posts: 2
    Got a lot of info from this forum. Just want to share my experience here to show my appreciation. Just bought a Accord 09 EX coupe for $22700 OTD. I am in the northern NJ. I paid cash and the price will be different if I want to get the 2.99 APR. Feels like that I might be able to get around $300 cheaper if do more bargains with a few more dealers. But I don't really have the extra time and energy. One lesson I learned is that after you think that you got a deal with the dealer over the phone, make sure that he/she send you an email with detailed price and APR if you are getting financing. The tricks I experienced if that so called "financial manager" deny the APR that sales promised me over the phone and if I want to get the good APR, I have to pay $1500 more. I have no proof of the promised APR over the phone. Since I want the car and have no extra time to go somewhere else, and I can also pay cash, I finally decided to get the car there even though I don't like that dealer at all. The other thing is give it more time for shopping a car. I got a quote today from an dealer which the price is about $400 or $500 better. Maybe that dealer has its own "tricks" waiting for me. Anyway, comparing more dealers and do more bargains if you have the time and energy. Good luck! By the way, I do like the car a lot.
  • abbie_dabbie_d Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a new accord EX L V6 Coupe without navigation from Houston. Can anybody suggest any price quote or range that I should keep in mind while I negotiate with the dealers, and name of any specific dealer in Houston that offered a good price.

Kindly let me know as this is the first time I will be buying a car.

Thanks!!
    Sales people do not have to do anything with giving you an APR that is the finance managers job. it is true that most will tell you that you qualify for the good APR offer just to get you in but they do not decide on what interest rate to give you. i am sure that in the email you got in the fine print it must mention WAC (with approved credit) note this does not mean any credit score (this was noted in all my email quotes)

it is wise to look at your credit score before you go in to be aware of what apr you might qualify for and to ask for a loan from your bank. if the dealers interest is higher you know they are trying to take advantage. also to qualify for the best offers you will usually need credit scores above 700 so if you do not have this type of score you will not get them.

also if you are buying this month you can NO longer combine the marketing support ($1500) with any special interest rate. You could have done this last month i got both. so not to be in defense of the finance manager but he was right when he told you that. Look at the incentives for honda in edmunds and it will state that you cannot get combine special apr and marketing support.

also what was your sales price alone as well as your break down of TTL and any other options or fees. is this auto or manual
  • ttt8ttt8 Member Posts: 2
    It is an auto. Tax rate in NJ is 7%. Base is $20738. Doc fee is $249. Tire fee $7.50 and Registration is $254. That is it.
  • dude135dude135 Member Posts: 8
    Have been seeing the posts that the APR financing and the Casback offers cannot be combined this month. If so does anyone know any banks or credit unions giving a decent rate on Auto Loans.
    Any help is appreciated. Planning to take the cashback and take the loan somewhere else.
  • action378action378 Member Posts: 7
    Not sure of where your located, but National City has some very nice rates for new cars. You might be able to get a loan of as little as 4.22% for 60 or 72 months, as aways, these rates are based on your credit score.
  • ppmmppmm Member Posts: 12
    Hi oliverjia,
    Could you please send me the contact information of the dealer ?
    My email is loveDA40@gmail.com

Thanks,
    JP