Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 07pilot4me07pilot4me Member Posts: 52
    is that a sedan with at??? what is the base price before TTL?
  • inet123inet123 Member Posts: 11
    Hello, would you please reply to the email as it would be of great help... please also send me your name in the email sothat I can refer.

Again, Thanks in advance.
  • paws2paws2 Member Posts: 5
    I purchased a new 2009 Honda Accord LX prev for $18,600. I live in NY. Is this a fair price? This includes destination charges. OTD about $20,300. Did not bargain much.
  • inet123inet123 Member Posts: 11
    Tried to make the same deal at Willis Honda, NJ today and at the end, they said that I would have to finance it only through the bank they would select and for much higher interest rate... after all the time spent, the same old dealer trick!!!
  • player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    Sadly this is the case in many instances. I have not seen many of the people that are getting those amazing deals say what their APR was if they financed. maybe most got a great sell price but the dealers is making up for it in financing. just to see what kinds of APRs are you guys getting well those that financed already within the last month or so.

It is not worth paying less than most people if you are going to pay a much higher interest rate. someone had said before that dealers dont make money on new cars sales well trust me its a business and as far as i know the point of a business is to make money. if not directly from sell price from financing as the lender gives them a pretty good cut.
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    I think people who are getting great deals should also post what their APR on financing was also. Some have gotten great deals for OTD price, but still had to finance with the preferred dealer lender, higher APR, etc.
    You could've gotten a better price. My friend got $20,100 OTD. He told me the inital quote for his 2009 Accord sedan LX AT was $20,725. Then he asked them to drop. It went down to $20,345. He still felt it was too high. The final offer from dealer was $20,100. He accepted and paid cash for it.
  • aniketaniket Member Posts: 2
    I am getting a Honda Accord 2009 LX-P for 19,899 + TT&L
    I just wanted to know if this is a good deal or not, I haven't signed any paperwork or anything yet i just settled on a price today and am going to get all of the paperwork and etc. done within the next few days.
    oh and i can add a spoiler to the accord for 200-250 dollars more if i want to........ I haven't decided if i want it or not yet.

Oh and i am financing through my bank at around 4.55% over 60 months
  • johnj56johnj56 Member Posts: 55
    V6 or V4? Be nice to include it in reply's.
  • johnj56johnj56 Member Posts: 55
    My EX V6 was 23,500, so that is some deal
  • aniketaniket Member Posts: 2
    Its a V4 and if it matters i love in ohio
  • jako1jako1 Member Posts: 23
    I bought a 2009 Accord LX-P in March 2009. Here are the details. It was 4 Cyl sedan and it came with Mud Guards, Wheel Lip Mouldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Locks.

Base Price......................$ 19,759.15
    Dealer Document Fee......$ 50.00
    Sales Tax @ 9.3%..........$ 1,837.60
    License Fee....................$ 144.25
    Govt Cert. of Title Fees....$ 9.00
    Out the Door.............$21,800.00

Used a Credit union to finance @ 2.99%. I negotiated the Out the Door price. The dealer adjusted all other figures. I bought in Washington State.
  • colonel717colonel717 Member Posts: 20
    In Pgh area, I just got an offer for Accord LX $19058 with MSRP $22,415. Fess are $180 including title plus taxes. Should I bite on the offer, or wait for better offer.
  • jassw1078jassw1078 Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me the name of the salesperson at Livermore and Dublin Honda that you worked with? I am also looking for a 2009 EX-L model and live in the east bay.
  • postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    there's no such thing as V4. I4 has inline 4 cylinders.
    I bought my Honda LX 2009 in Middletown, NY for $18,600 plus TTL. Try there. It's not too far from you. Friendly is in your area and may be willing to lower their price.
  • roy2001roy2001 Member Posts: 62
    $23500 + $710 = $24200 for EX-L V6. I would jump on that immediately. My quote is $1500 higher than that.
  • coolvistacoolvista Member Posts: 11
    Hello jassw1078,
    I also live in Bay area and looking for EX-L Coupe :shades: . If we buy together we can get good deal. What say?
    Email me if you are interested.
    Also I was thinking to wait for Accord 2010. :blush:
    Do you have any idea when the new 2010 model is coming?

Thanks.
  • colonel717colonel717 Member Posts: 20
    Thru AAA I just got a quote on an Accord LX from dealership in Fredericksburg, Va., which is 188 miles away.
    Price $17,765 + Process Fee $399= $18,164 Plus Sales tax and license.

Those with AAA, check out their car buying on the website. It is great because it gives you guarantee pricing from dealers in your area and ones at a reasonable distance also.
  • flueflue Member Posts: 26
    Is your friend in Houston? Which dealer did your friend buy vehicle from?
  • 3bypass3bypass Member Posts: 8
    What was msrp ? what 's discount of break down would you please explain

Thanks.
  • dhhinc1dhhinc1 Member Posts: 3
    Just curious, what dealer? I'm in the market in atlanta.. What was the price of the car (including dealer fees and options) before taxes and trade-in.
    Thanks.
  • tructruc Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I was just offered an Accord EX-L V6 for 25178 before TTL as an initial inquiry in the DFW area. I was thinking about counter-offering it with $24500. Is this reasonable?

Thanks,
  • 3bypass3bypass Member Posts: 8
    Did you paid sales tax included in $ 20600 - or plus

Thanks
  • arun77arun77 Member Posts: 4
    I didnt post the name of the dealership as I was pretty sure it was not a realistic price... when I checked again today, I am getting rates between 23100 and 23500 including destination, seems more inline with what people here are paying.

FYI, one dealership here offered me (verbally) an EX-V6 for 21,444, including destination!!!! I pretty much knew that must be some kind of bait and switch and so when I went in, I found, to no big surprise, that the internet manager had made an error and the EX-V6 was actually $2500 over that (making it $24000). I walked out; I dont think they really wanted my business.

Any feedback on the car? I am buying it tomorrow.
  • 22332233 Member Posts: 64
    Yesterday, I purchased a 09 Accord LX-P, auto, and splash guards for $19,362 plus tax, title, and $250 doc fee in Toledo, Ohio. It was a very simple procedure. No other variables like financing since it was a cash deal.

I took the vehicle to custom auto shop and purchased a leather kit for the interior for $1,050 installed. Other than a sunroof, 13 hp etc, I basically have an EX-L for $20,412.00.

I looked at my invoice for a 98 Accord EX-L that I purchased in 1997 and saw that I paid $21,500 then which was slightly below invoice then. The new Accord has so many more features like stability control and 8 airbags than the 98 Accord. Only missing a sunroof which I never use. A non sunroof Accord gives you 2.4 inches of extra headroom which is substantial.

An excellent site which has been mentioned here is realcartips.com. This site is down today but it lists numerous prices paid in the US. Generally, a 09 Accord should be reduced at least 16.5 - 17.5% off sticker. My deal was about 17.3% off sticker.
  • dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    Purchased mine in Roswell,GA. I went in to buy a used 3yo, but the difference wasn't that much. I thought this wasn't a bad deal considering it was after the 1st week of clunkers. Also it was so late, the finance guy didn't have time to try to sell me anything!

The car has grown on me and I really like the design.

19192.51 Car
    599 Doc Fee
    1187.49 Tax (6%)
    tilte $21

I hope that helps.
  • coolvistacoolvista Member Posts: 11
    I called one Honda showroom and asked about new Accord 2010 model :shades: release date and he said its 14 Sept 09 ;) Now I can wait for a month and I'll get new model.

Anyone know if I'll get $1500 discount on '10 Accord model as well??
  • backfistbackfist Member Posts: 30
    How does $27,065 sound for 2009 Accord EX-L V6 automatic sound from $29,665 sticker?
    I really do not think you will be able to get the $1500 marketing support for a 2010. It will probably take until december for any marketing support on the 2010.
    the first couple of months it will even be hard to get it at invoice.
    there is still a good supply of 2009s so they will try to get rid of those first (at least sedans). those that want the '10 accord will be willing to pay more for it and dealers know it so therefore they will be less flexible when it comes to giving great deals.
    you might get close to invoice but dont count on any marketing support right away.
    That is a terrible deal. That's only a 9.1% discount, On realcartips.com that deal is rated an F.

You should pay no more than $25,500 and that would still be a below average deal unless your dealer is very low on 09 Accords and you are in desperate need of a car now.
  • backfistbackfist Member Posts: 30
    Thanks for the response! I was guessing around $26k would be okay, but it sounds like I still would have been off...
  • mariodmariod Member Posts: 28
    Just bought a new 2009 EX 2.4 for 19,980 plus TTL... Great deal!!! In the Chicagoland area.

Good luck!
  • slazarslazar Member Posts: 3
    How long ago?
    I bought the exact same car for the exact same price as you three months ago. I'm thinking of trading it in for an EX V-6, but now the new internet quote is $23,600. Three months ago for an EX V6 it was $21,600. The EX-L V6 quote moved from $23,600 to $25,000. Does anyone know why it suddenly moved up $2000? The cash-for clunkers program, possibly??
    Thanks for any help

p.s. I wonder if they're selling the EX 4cyl for $21,600 this time...
  • slazarslazar Member Posts: 3
    Three months ago the internet quote I got for the EX-L V6 was $23,600 (without destination) I went to carsdirect.com. Now, the same dealership quoted me $25,300.
    I ended up buying an EX for 19,890 (three months ago).
    Hope that helps a little.
  • mariodmariod Member Posts: 28
    The deal is going on... I bought my car two weeks ago for 19,980 INCLUDING destination.
  • mchaubeymchaubey Member Posts: 1
    Hi i have received quote for EX-L V6 for 27,199 OTD price the break down is
    25,999....for the car
    +901.........taxes
    +299.........processing fee
    = 27,199

Is that a good deal???
    slazar and mariod
    that was an incredible price.
    was this for an auto or manual. based on invoice from a manual you guys paid some $800 dollars below invoice and if it is an auto you paid ~$1,500 below invoice (this is before the $1500 marketing support)
    if it was on an auto that is amazing pricing.
    Did you guys have a trade in.
    Could you give a break down of the whole purchase including TTL and other fees.
    ALso did you guys finance? if so do you mind sharing what you APR was.
    I have not seen such aggressive pricing here in houston
    Email me at jason1981wu@yahoo.com and i can provide some details since we can't post the salesperson on the board.
  • rontruerontrue Member Posts: 1
    I just bought, two weeks ago, the above mentioned car. It was from Autoway Honda, Clearwater, Florida.
    I traded in a 1997 Chev Cavalier convertible. The selling price was $13,000. I was amazed that I could get it at that price. It had sold in 2005 for about $33,000.
    So far, I love it. It is a bit clunky in the shifting between gas/electric, but that doesn't bother me. The power is incredible. The gas mileage is good, Very good: 26city; 37-38hwy.
    Although it has 53,000 miles, it is like new.
  • boqibamaboqibama Member Posts: 25
    In the market for Accord, does Honda still offer $1500 market support? Thanks
  • sshvhsshvh Member Posts: 13
    Signed for an EX-L V-6 this past weekend at 24.4K + Dest + Doc Fee. I have seen several unscrupulous dealers quote $ 27K and more, and many who quote a price but raise it when you walk into the dealership - have a long list of such dealers' names.

Cash for clunkers has raised the prices for cars across the board and for those who do not have an old C4C trade-in, my advice is to wait another 2-3 months and prices will fall to old levels (perhaps $ 1-1.5K lower) - also, most dealers quote a salvage value of $ 0 for a car that is worth $ 1,500 (I would expect salvage value of $ 300-500 on such vehicles). Additionally, with the surge of "clunker" cars going to premature deaths, there are several "indigent" buyers who need and can afford only such cars - I feel that if you have a clunker that gives you close to 18mpg, drives well even if its book value is $ 1000 or so, you are better off not falling for this C4C trap (or crap). In fact, your clunker may be worth a little more (perhaps a $ 1,500 car would go for $ 2,000) due to the scarcity of such cars in the market - further, in several states, you pay sales tax on the clunker you turn in.

Overall, I would advise all not to fall for this C4C - it has only enriched unsrcupulous dealers - if you do the math above, you will realize that there is no benefit to C4C, particularly if your target new vehicle does not qualify and you end up shopping for a plain-vanilla car that is not your original choice but fits the program.
  • mrramemrrame Member Posts: 5
    Got a quote for a local dealer in Northern VA. They want MSRP as there are only 2 cars (according to them) available in the state of VA.

What is the going price for EX-L, 4 cylinder MT Coupe ?

Thanks
    Generally, take at least 17% off sticker.

Go to realcartips.com to see what others paid. 17-18% off sticker is what most are paying now.
    I would not depend too much on realcartips.com
    many of the MSRP's seem to be wrong also some other things might affect the % saved.
    for instance take the following:
    Sedan LX 5-Spd AT Seattle WA $24,299 $19,000 21.81%
    the actual msrp for this car ia almost $1000 less. The car probably had some dealer add on because if you take $1000 of that msrp you probably would be at between 18-19% off msrp. remember this is important because all cars have different or no options added to the car so you cannot expect to have the same percent off as this person. so for some one that bought without options it would only be 18-19% off msrp.
    also this gives you prices paid everywhere. not every market is the same so depending on your area you have to take other things into account and be realistic on whether you can save that much.

Mrrame: if that is that case that there are only two cars it will be more difficult to negotiate the best price. at least until the 2010 comes out. It is easier to save more on sedans than on coupes so i would really not expect to have the save percentages saved as for sedans.

again if you use realcartips.com click on details. not all people say if they had a trade in. many people that just look at the % saved get happy but dont realize other things affect the price which this site fails to do in my opinion. i think this forum is much more helpful because many people break down their purchase price.
    when i saw this % saved i was amazed (from realcartips.com):
    Aug 10, 2009 Coupe EX-L V-6 6-Spd MT w/ Navigation System Houston TX $31,625 $24,999 20.95%
    20.95% would be great an unreal at least in the houston area (trust me on this).
    when you go to details it says there was a trade in and that dealer gave them $6500 fot it. so if he got c4c or marketing support it is not specified but it still seems to me as if this person paid more than they should (if they got the both cash supports). if not that means he/she paid msrp for the car
    so can you know see that 20.95% was not saved.
    It is true that there are variables at realcartips.com such as trade ins, add ons like nitrogen in the tires, paint sealant etc, and financing.

However, I found that unless a dealer is very low on stock, the 17% plus discount on sticker is a good starting point. I had numerous quotes on a Honda LX-P sedan, auto and they all fell into the 17% discount off sticker.

One exception was a dealer in Maumee, Ohio who claimed no one would actually sell the car for that amount and refused to deal as the others had. He very arrogantly said that they would sell the car to someone else and they basically did not need my business even though I purchased several cars from him in the past. I went to my car and called one of the others dealers and they even reduced the price another $125.

I gave the salesman a credit card deposit over the phone and picked it up 2 days later. It was a very smooth process.

By the way, the arrogant salesman looked at the realcartips.com site and said this site could not be accurate even though my deal was considered a very good deal on this site.

I e mailed him as a courtesy to tell him that I did in fact get the deal that was quoted and it was even better than first proposed. He immediately e mailed me and phoned me with a pathetic plea to earn my business saying he was upset with his managers and threatened to quit the dealership due to a family he had to support. Amazingly, 1 hour after his refusal to deal, he pleaded with me in his e mail to match the original deal.

I didn't return his call.

The bottom line is that a 2009 Accord should be reduced at least 17% off sticker. There is, as we all know, a $1500 incentive, holdback of 2% off MSRP and other volume incentives to the dealer from the manufacturer. Document fees are pure profit also. I paid a $250 document fee which is allowed by the State of Ohio.
    I also paid cash for the car and they made no profit on financing.

Those on realcartips.com that claim a 20% discount off sticker have cars with numerous add ons. Those that have an accurate MSRP on this site show a 16-17% discount. If you don't get such a 2009 discount off the Accord, wait for a 2010 and wait a few months for Honda to reinstitute an incentive.

By the way, I paid $19,369 for an LX-P with splashguards installed (worth around $105) and my discount was 17.5% off sticker. 3 different dealers matched the deal. I added leather seats at a custom car company for $1000 and have a EX-L minus a sunroof and 13 hp for $20,369.00.
    You are correct. On July 24 I purchased a 2009 Honda Accord LX for about 17% off sticker price--no clunker, no trade-in, and no finance. Another dealer in Newburgh, NY refused to believe I was offered this deal. This was the beginning of c4c so they probably did not know the response they would get. I sold my old 1997 Accord for $3000. So I got around $6800 without a clunker. Would of paid more for deal if I had a clunker. Didn't even deal much with the salesman. I really love the car. It rides nice and looks great!
  • kinngofmenkinngofmen Member Posts: 1
    I am new to buying a car. what are the things I should consider in purchase of a car. thinking hyundai medium price sedan , honda acord, or lexus es350,

what are the factors in purchasing verses leasing car.

i was reading some of the post and did not under stand some of the phrases used.

what is this about taxes and fees paid get back next year on income tax...is ti from fed or state?

where can i find invoice cost? what is hold back money?

if any one has any thoughts I would appriciate.

thanks
    Don't worry about all this marketing support, incentives, or rebates. You just need to find out a price that you think is a good deal. If you want to factor in these when dealing, then that is fine. The only way to deal is driveout price. Always ask driveout price and you don't have to worry about all this math and configuration stuff. OTD is the bottom line and that should be all you need to be concerned with.
  • mcguirehgmcguirehg Member Posts: 5
    Placed order for a 2009 Honda accord exl, v6, with navi, placed $1,000 deposit on the contract. The order was place on 6/27/09 for the car. I was originally told it would only take a few days to get the car. Then I was told it may take longer. I said several times I don't mind as long as I know the car was coming in. I received a call on 8/11/09, saying my car was coming in and given the vin#. I told the sales person great, we are having our 2nd child in a few days. Anyway on 8/12/09 I drop my 1999 Honda civ off at the store to display the for sale sign before going to the hospital to deliver son, we had our second son:) and a few hours later I receive a call offering money for my car 1999 Honda, I accept knowing my new car is coming within days. On 8/17/09, Babylon Honda calls and says the car is in. This is where the problem comes in. They state the interest rate is now over like 5.5%. If I want the 3.9% rate the car it will cost me another $1,500. The dealer states the promotion that was happening in June is over and now its $1,500 or 3.9%, that you can't get the two. The base purchase price of the car was listed at $26,509 with no mention or break down of incentives. In my eyes my purchase price should be honored as its in writing and the prevailing interest rate by Honda should be honored too. The only writing on the receipt by the sales person is as follows: subject to incentives and rates at time of delivery, must take delivery before June 30,2009. I read this as being the interest rate being offered at time of delivery may change if Honda changes it, not if the dealer no longer wishes to honor it. I have two options according to the dealer, cancel the deal, pay $1,500 more to get 3.9% or pay a higher interest rate in the 5 percent range. Please advise how to deal with this situation... do need the car now with a second child, but feel I'm being taken for a ride by Babylon Honda...

Price $26,509.00
    NY sales tax 2,286.40
    inspection fee 10.00
    processing 45.00
    waste fee 12.50
    total cash price $28,862.90
    deposit $1,000.00
    balance $27,862.90