Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ballyhooballyhoo Member Posts: 7
    Hi accordowner8. I thought I'd take a stab & get your info too. Who is the high volume dealer that you got the 2009 Accord EXL-V6 from? That price is the best I've seen around.

Thanks!
  • Options
    garyhgaryhgaryhgaryh Member Posts: 9
    We got one (EX) with auto tranny for 23800 out the door, but that was a 2009. That's a tad under 21400 base price (I think including the 710 dest fee).
  • Options
    razduckrazduck Member Posts: 21
    We paid $29,000 for the 2010 EX-L V-6 w/navi, which included mud flaps and pin striping. I feel we did really well.
    Besides that we just got home from a 2000 mile Road Trip, and we got a hwy mpg of 27.8, with our speeds doing 70-80mph. We are very happy with this, and the navi is AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    savirahesavirahe Member Posts: 6
    thanks for the update 'razduck'. Is 29k out of the door price? What do you think is the best base price?

The financing special is no longer available. Hence, dealers are going for less. Also, there seems to be a $750 marketing incentive.

thanks.
  • Options
    Yes the $29,000 was our Out the Door price. We went with the 36 month/12,000 mile Lease, and are very happy with our monthly payments of $338. We will not go over on mileage as we normally drive about 10,000 miles/year, giving us a 6,000 mile cushion.
    Good Luck to you.
  • Options
    toddturnertoddturner Member Posts: 11
    Looking at Accord or Camry. Just emailed a dealer in my area (Cincinnati, Ohio) and got these Accord quotes:

2010 Accord EX 4 cyl - $21,921.00
    2010 Accord EXL 4 cyl - $23,933.00

Prices seem good, just not sure the EXL is worth the extra 2K.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If it was OTD and no trade you did well. This combo is usually around 29.4 OTD.
  • Options
    eraqueeraque Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased my Honda Accord 2009 Model in December 2009 from this dealer. I had very bad experience with their finance department. It was full of liars and dishonest ppl. I know I am a first-time new car buyer lacking of experience. But this dealer took the full advantage of this. I hope you guys can learn a lesson from me.

Here is my true story.

On December 19, 2009 when the nightmare
    began, my friend and I entered your office because your sales manager
    called me and promised me to beat the price quote for the Honda Accord
    EX model I got from other dealers. Eventually, after the discussion
    with your sales person, we reached a satisfied OTD price of $23,000
    for a 2009 Honda Accord EX (Silver). Happily, my friend and I went to
    your finance department to sign the contract and work on the finance
    loan. It was Rob *** who "took care" of us. Immediately, I found on
    one piece of paper that the amount of money financed is more than
    $25000. It does not make sense because the amount financed should be
    $21000 if I put $2000 down pay. I asked Rob twice and his answer was
    that $25xxx.0 was only for credit application and the actual amount
    financed is $21000. He also asked me to sign the credit application
    paperwork and told me it is not the contract. He asked me to choose
    one of the three vehicle coverages. This is where your tricks are.
    First of all, he did not explain to me that I can choose none of these
    three coverages. Second of all, he did not say the items included in
    the three coverages cost extra money which is not included in my final
    OTD price. He did not break down the prices of each item such as
    bumper to bumper warranty, paint protection and other protections,
    GAP, etc. Third, he did not let us know some of the protections are
    not cancellable. So, I chose the basic coverage and believed that my
    $23000 OTD Price covered everything. Rob told me the monthly payment
    of the loan is $457.87 and it is calcuated from the $21000 financed.
    Then I signed the contract handed by Rob. Once again, he did not
    disclose the price information and instruct me to read the contract
    details. Instead, he folded the contract and showed me the place where
    I should put my signature.

I did not realize that I was set up until I received my contract and
    did my own calcuation on January 2, 2010. I was very angry to see that
    I end up paying more than $4000 to purchase the warranty and
    protections. Ridiculously, no detailed price information in the
    contract is available for the protections except for the OLYMPICARE
    warranty and the GAP insurance. And no certificates of those
    non-cancellable protections were found in the documentations mailed to
    me. Which means I spent about $2000 on nothing?

My friend and I re-visited the finance department on January 4, 2010
    and hoped they can cancel those protections I do not need. Rob refused to do so. So did the finance director, John ***. John
    promised to review the Video and call me back on the second day.
    However, he did not call. Although I called him a million times, he
    did not answer. After I wrote him an email, he replied and asked me to
    call Rob or himself at the earliest convenience. I did, however, none
    of them answered my call. They kicked me like kick a ball. I could not
    believe a wellknown dealer did such things to the customers.
  • Options
    savirahesavirahe Member Posts: 6
    This dealer must be punished seriously.

File two complaints with BBB - Better business bureau. One complaint against the dealer and the other against Honda. Go to bbb.com and write the above story.

Once you file a complaint, you can rest in peace. Honda will contact you and resolve this immediately. For them, it is a big thing.

I have dealt with a similar situation in the past. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    This very situation (if explained accurately) is why most people would rather go to the dentist and have a tooth pulled than go buy a car from a dealer.

There is nothing wrong with the word, "PROFIT". However, this is excessive profit. Is the extended warranty a Honda warranty or a third party warranty? If it's not a "Honda Genuine Warranty" then it's simply not worth the paper it's written on. You have no idea of the warranty company or who finally "underwrites" the warranty.

There is however a lesson here. If you are not experienced in this type of situation (i.e. buying a car from a dealer) you need to take someone who is, or at the very least use a credit union service that will offer some protection against this situation.

Ask these guys how they look at themselves in the mirror when they shave in the morning!

Good luck and please keep us posted!
  • Options
    ballyhooballyhoo Member Posts: 7
    I thought contractors were bad, but these people are scum-bags and the lowest forms of life we have on this planet. These practices should be outlawed. I was a cash buyer & I went through a car buying service that was offered through my credit union. After lying to me over the phone, the rep still brought a finance app for me to sign. I only did so because every box was filled out with either a N/A or the number 0, as well as them being attached to my credit union. I expect my credit union to fight for me or back me up if something goes fishy. I had previous experiences at the dealers that were unbelievable like yours. I even had one F&I guy lean over the top part of the finance contract & point to the bottom showing me where to sign. When I pulled it out from under him I saw they had typed in financing even though I was a cash buyer. Unreal!

:mad:
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sadly it sounds like you were unprepared to make such a major purchase, now granted the dealership took advantage of you which is wrong however there were some very serious signs that something was wrong in the document that should have caused you to say I'm not signing this as this isn't what we had agreed upon. Just as in the housing market it's your responsibility to understand exactly what you are signing and if you have any doubts ask for assistance before committing yourself. From what you described you signed two documents that contained a different price than what you were verbally told and even though you saw the price on the credit application you still signed it? Lesson learned, never sign anything until you fully understand exactly what you are agreeing to.
  • Options
    snarksnark Member Posts: 3
    EXL with Navi for 362.00 per Month? WOW! That is a fantastic deal! What state are you in and who is your salesman..... I'm from NJ central shore area( Monmouth County)...My lease is about to expire ( 2007 EXL-V6 18K YEAR WITH ONLY 669.00 DOWN AT INCEPTION). The closest I've come so far is $1400.00 down , $350.00 month with 15k yearly......My lease will expire Feb 22nd 2010.... :cry:
  • Options
    We got our Honda at Kendall Honda in Eugene, OR. They were great to deal with!! We even included ALL routine service work into the monthly payment. No other our of pocket expenses for the entire life of the 3 year Lease. :)
  • Options
    accordbuyer01accordbuyer01 Member Posts: 5
    Just got one for $20,719 + $55 doc fee + TTL
  • Options
    Not bad. Does the $20,719 include the 710 destination charge? I assume so, but checking...
    Gary
  • Options
    accordbuyer01accordbuyer01 Member Posts: 5
    yes, that price includes the destination charge
  • Options
    kegkillerkegkiller Member Posts: 2
    Purchased a new '09 Accord EX auto Silver w/gray cloth in Wilsonville Oregon for $21,428 on 1/8/10 (including dealer installed trunk grocery bag hook and splash guards). That price includes the $710 destination... no sales tax in Oregon... DMV fees were an additional $347... out the door price of $21775. I believe I was able to take advantage of the $1500 manufacturer to dealer rebate on the remaining '09s... was told this promo is good through the end of Feb (while supplies last). It was a straight forward web deal... very easy with limited haggling. Once I arrived, we just processed the paperwork for the agreed price. Hope this helps someone... you all helped me in my hunt.
  • Options
    bige43bige43 Member Posts: 6
    You understand that OTD or out-the-door pricing includes TTL (tax, title and license fees)? If, in fact, you were "OTD" for 29K that would be an incredible deal. Since you are leasing, I'm thinking there are some less-than-incredible terms hidden in your lease. Since you didn't "purchase" the vehicle it is misleading to quote any OTD price and call it a purchase price.

Big E
  • Options
    Here in Oregon we have no Sales Tax, and we had a set of personalized lic. plates that we had to pay $50 to transfer to this vehicle. So to be totally accurate, our price for vehicle and lic. plate transfer was $29,050. If we were purchasing, that is what our OTD price would have been. That is also the price that the Lease is based on. They gave us an initial price quote for the vehicle that was $29,977. Since I had a price quote from another Dealer of $29,000, they matched that price. We lowered our Lease's monthly payment by a fair amount which all helps. We put the minimum $$ down to initiate the Lease from Honda Finance, and we ended up adding the routine Service Work into the monthly payment, ending at $362/mo.
    We are very happy with the deal we made, and especially with the vehicle. :D
  • Options
    I think we paid $21,380. After TTL+doc fee it was $23,800. CA TAX was what soured the deal.

Gary
  • Options
    jakekodakjakekodak Member Posts: 3
    I live in Jersey as well. I've been negotiating for a 4 w/ NAV and best I've got right now is $380 per month. Is the lease you got quoted on for the 6 w/ NAV 36 months? If so, you've got a much better quote for sure. At that number I'd go with the 6 w/ NAV as well. What is the name of the dealer you went to? I'll call them.
  • Options
    zowzowzowzow Member Posts: 6
    Hi, we're just outside Boston, negotiating with several dealers on the 3 remaining 2009 Accord EX auto sedans in the area. Based on earlier posts, and given that it's now already mid-January 2010, we are hoping to get $20,500 OTD. Is that a reasonable goal?
    --zowzow
    p.s. Thanks to everyone who helps build this amazing community. What a great resource!
  • Options
    Yes the vehicle we ended up with is the Accord 4dr SDN, EX-L V-6 w/navi. The vehicle has mud flaps and pin striping, which was included in our negotiated pre-lease price of $29,000. We put $2700 down, minimum to initiate lease through Honda, and ended at a monthly payment of $350. We added the vehicle service plan to the Lease, for our final monthly payment of $362. Our Lease is 36 months and based on 12,000 per year (36,000 miles total). We will not go over our mileage as we usually don't go over 10,000 per year.
    The service plan covers all regular service for the entire Lease period. We will not have any additional out of pocket expenses for the entire 3 years. :)

Is your Lease quote for 12,000 miles/year or 15,000 miles/year?
  • Options
    louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    That $12 a month for a service contract turns out to over $400 for the lease period . Based on your mileage, you may have to do 6 oil changes and 3 tire rotations. My dealer charges about $35.That can't be much more than $200 over the 3 years. That's my experience anyway. My only "major" expense has been the $50 brake fluid change after 3 years.
  • Options
    bhanubhanu Member Posts: 1
    From which Honda dealer you have bought this vehicle. I am looking for same model.
  • Options
    bearcrkrdbearcrkrd Member Posts: 167
    I live in the Seattle area. If you want an oil change with Castrol Syntec Blend (partial synthetic), which is very popular in this area with Honda and Toyota, it is more than $35. Add a tire rotation and it's $50 minimum. Brake fluid change, and Power Steering, auto tranny drain and fill are $50 - $99+. Air Cleaner is $25 and Cabin Air Filter is $75? at dealer. Honda is more expensive than Toyota, just my opinion. Have purchased 5 Toyotas and 1 Honda since Summer 2000 in this area. Hope the Oregon couple continue to enjoy their new honda for the duration, and thanks for sharing your story.
  • Options
    Thanks for your post, those are the approx.numbers that are more in line to what we figured. Our $12/mo computes to $432 over the 36 month Lease. We plan on using synthetic oil or a blend, along with the other services you mentioned, we felt it was worth the extra $12/mo. If for no other reason than the convienience of no further dollars spent over and above the actual monthly payment. It may not be an something that others would have done, but it works for us.
  • Options
    stowe18stowe18 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the Annapolis, MD area and just purchased a 2010 accord coupe ex-l 4cyl black on black for $26,121 out the door. The dealership didn't have the color we wanted, so they got the car from another dealership the next day. Salesman was nice, however the finance guy was a bit pushy. Keep on wanting to push extras like Lo-Jack, acid rain protection, and extra warranties down our throats. We didn't budge. Would've made the car payments an extra $100/month! Finance guy had a folder which had previous car repair bills on the honda accord to try to scare you into buying the extra warranties. Some of these guys will try to make friends and conversation with you to make you feel bad to reject them. But when they ask you to buy more useless protection crap, its your money and just tell them no.
  • Options
    kegkillerkegkiller Member Posts: 2
    I'd expect you'd be hard pressed to get that deal. Assuming Edmunds/NADA/KBB invoice price is correct... the dealer paid $22,128 for the car... plus another $710 for the destination charge. Assuming the dealer did not insall any dealer options and the $1500 manufacture to dealer rebate is in play, you're now down to $21,338. I understand Honda pays 2% to the dealer as "holdback". Assuming the dealer gave all that over to you, that's another reduction of another $442 making it $20,896... with the dealer theoretically making no money on the deal. You'd have to add any local taxes and DMV fees to that. Your price has them eating another $396+tax+DMV fees. Unless they have been sitting on it for a very long time (paying interest on their loan) and very motivated, I don't see how they take that deal... just my take. Good luck though... I hope you can make it happen. Let us know.
  • Options
    spencer2010spencer2010 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for 2010 Honda Accord LX sedan auto OTD 21K,
    tax 8.75%, is this a good deal ?
    thanks
  • Options
    dimadidimadi Member Posts: 2
    I got the lowest OTD quote for 2010 4-dr sedan V6 EXL auto no navi for $29119. Is this a good price? I live in San Jose, Ca.
  • Options
    dimadidimadi Member Posts: 2
    I got the lowest OTD quote for 2010 4-dr sedan V6 EXL auto no navi for $29119. Is this a good price? I live in San Jose, Ca.
  • Options
    stowe18stowe18 Member Posts: 3
    I would think thats just a average good price... Not a great price.. considering I just got a 4cyl ex-l out the door for 26121, I would think you should get it for closer to 28,000.
  • Options
    louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    BUT, for the 3 year lease, you would not need to change the air filter or cabin filter or do any fluid changes and using a syn oil is overkill if you only keep the car for 3 years or 30000 miles. BTW, the dealer would probably charge extra for the syn oil blend under that type contract anyway. Just saying...He bought a great car .just a difference of opinion.
  • Options
    thecorethecore Member Posts: 3
    Put deposit on this car paid $25885 (this price includes the $710 Honda Delivery charge) and 3.99% interest rate... going to pick up on Tuesday... I think I did well for this car at this price... any comments? or did I get ripped off? so far what I see on here it is a GREAT deal.. I need to pay NJ taxes and MV Fees but the price I quoted above is for car and delivery.

Comment as soon as you can so I feel good picking it up in a few days!
    Bought at Hamilton Honda (Great experience so far... will keep you posted on how delivery and paperwork go)
  • Options
    lursmithlursmith Member Posts: 2
    We just paid $24950 out the door for a white 2010 Accord sedan EX-L 4cyl in Dayton, Ohio. We could have done the LX-P for $19700 before taxes/fees, but decided to go with the extras on the EX-L.
  • Options
    shermajdshermajd Member Posts: 29
    can I ask which dealership in Dayton. I also reside in the Dayton Area. Also, your OTD price includes taxes and fees?

Thanks
  • Options
    tominnhtominnh Member Posts: 5
    I have a standing quote right now for a 10 Accord EXL V6 coupe, auto, no Nav, of $26023.00. Honda is offering GREAT incentives to the dealer and dont forget to have them back off the dealer holdback which is substantial. Car MSRP is $30015.00. Am trying to sell my car cuz the trade offer is a low ball!
  • Options
    lursmithlursmith Member Posts: 2
    The OTD price includes taxes and fees -- it was $23175 before taxes and fees. It was at Matt Castrucci Honda across the street from the Dayton Mall. It was a good experience. FYI, we didn't have a trade and took care of our own financing.
  • Options
    bearcrkrdbearcrkrd Member Posts: 167
    You would drive a brand new car off the lot, then not change the engine air fiter or cabin air filter during the first three years? It's every 15,000 miles for both. They both need it, too. I just changed both in my '08 Civic, they had 14,500 or just under. Haven't even driven on a dirt driveway, and I was suprised at the dirt in the Cabin filter, which I thought would be like new. Dealers swear you need to change tranny fluid every 15,000. Don't know if that is covered under maint plan that started this exchange. I think 30,000 will do. Had my tranny fluid drain/fill done at 15,000 and 30,000. Just hit 45,000 and changed the two above mentioned filters myself, and got an oil change. The rest can wait until 60,000 mi service. I'm scared to find out how much the Dealers or high-end local shops want to adjust the valves, as I'd like to have it done for peace of mind in case my financial situation takes a nose dive, as it may. :( The reason I'm sniffin around Accord Forum is because the "upgrade" kicking around in the back of my head (if I don't join the unemployed) is the Accord coupe. Can't find any current posts on it, so looked around under this thread.
    Sometimes a new buyer will post, and you can feel their excitement and joy shining through the post. Then someone rains on their parade ( I'm not perfect),which is why I responded to you. There is a difference between asking for help (opinions), and sharing what is already done.
  • Options
    rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    Agree that bothe engine & cabin filters need replacing every year or so, regardless of miles driven. It is amazing how dirty they get.

Re: transmission fuild changes. Given the magnitude of transmission problems Honda has been having across their product lines (e.g. Accord, Odyssey, Ridgeline, etc.), the dealers are probably paranoid and manic about fluid changes, and rightfully so it seems. I would really hate to have my transmission fail a month or so after the warranty expires.
  • Options
    allthumbsdiyallthumbsdiy Member Posts: 11
    I was just informed that Honda is matching or doubling their 2009 or 2010 Accord/Civic rebates to all current Honda owners.

I believe 2009 Accord EX (if you can find one) has a $1500 rebate. If you own a Honda vehicle, they will give you another $1500.

Honda will give you $1800 ($900+$900) rebate for Accord LX-P.

This extra rebate supposedly end on Jan 30, 2009.

Not sure if this is national or regional (Edmunds or TrueCar do not have this info) but I live in the NY/NJ area.

I negotiated for an in-stock Accord LXP for $450 under (Edmund's) invoice $, PLUS $1800 in rebates.

God luck!
  • Options
    jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    i did hear the similar news about double rebate from dealer. can you break down the price of your purchase. I assume you bought 2010 sedan lx-p auto accord.
    also let me know the dealer name and location.
    thanks
  • Options
    shermajdshermajd Member Posts: 29
    "Re: transmission fuild changes. Given the magnitude of transmission problems Honda has been having across their product lines (e.g. Accord, Odyssey, Ridgeline, etc.), the dealers are probably paranoid and manic about fluid changes, and rightfully so it seems"

I can't get the local Honda dealer to do a transmission flush! They say Honda doesn't recommend it!
  • Options
    Didn't quite pull the trigger yet as I am deciding between Honda Accord and Subaru Forester.

Stock 2010 Accord LX-P with auto

MSRP: $23,565 ($22855+$710 destination)
    Invoice: $21,437
    Discount: -$500

Net: $20,937

Rebate 1: -$900
    Rebate 2: -$900

Total: $19137 + TTL

If you want the contact info, please pm or email me

By the way, if you are in NJ/NY/PA area, there are bunch of auto shows this weekend.

(full disclosure: I am in no way related to this particular dealership, both professionally or personally. I will not personally benefit from your purchase in anyway)
  • Options
    albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    AllThumbs,

So if I am looking for a 2010 Accord EXL (4 or 6 cyl) you are telling me my rebate will be $1500 + $1500 = $3,000.

This is for a 2010? Where do I get this info from - I am in Philly and my guess is if this is available, the dealers will all play dum
    b.

Is this only for purchase deals or can I lease?

Where did you find out about this from?

Thanks,
  • Options
    albert72-

according to edmunds, for 2010 accord ex-l, there is $900 rebate. so yes, if you have an existing honda (must provide registration and insurance as proof), you should be able to receive another $900

i believe there is a $1500 rebate for 2009 accords and civics.

"double" rebate is apparently only valid on 2009/2010 accords and civics and you do not have to trade in your old honda vehicle to qualify.

i have not checked any pennsylvania honda dealers, but honda's own wording says "...rebate varies by participating dealer...".

not sure about the lease though....

i received this info from couple of NY/NJ dealers and confirmed it with a general sales manager from a local honda dealer.
  • Options
    albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Thank you Allthumbs
  • Options
    kaizhukaizhu Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy a new honda accord coupe EX in missouri. today i just go to the honda store. the car which is 4-Cyl, VTEC, 2.4 Liter,Automatic, 5-Spd w/Overdrive is about 25000 dollars. i want to know what is the lowest price about this car? thank you