Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• accord_lxp_fanaccord_lxp_fan Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy Honda Accord 2010 LX-P in Cincinnati area. The best price I got till now is 19,600 + 710(dest fee)+250(doc fee)+33.50(title) + TAX. Is this a good price? I am not sure what rebates you are mentioning above. Are there any valid rebates that we can use currently?
  • allthumbsdiyallthumbsdiy Member Posts: 11
    ^ accord-lxp fan

Are you a current Honda owner?

If yes, I am pretty sure that 19,600 includes $900 dealer cash and $900 Honda Loyalty incentive that is good until Jan 30, 2010.

Using Edmunds invoice price of $21,437 (standard Accord LX-P auto without any options), you are getting approximately $37 discount from the invoice price, before any rebates.

Invoice: $21,437
    Dealer discount: -$37

Net before rebate: $21,400

Rebate (Honda to dealer): -$900
    Rebate (Honda to consumer for current Honda owners): -$900

Net after rebate: $19,600 (+ dest + doc fee + tax + title)

I am not sure what the market looks like in OH, but if I can get a $500 discount in a busy metro area where Honda is extremely popular, I am going to guess and recommend that you try to get a greater discount (and also let other dealers compete with each other)

Also, doc fee is nothing more than pure profit to the dealer. I would try to knock it down to $100-125 or so.

Good luck
  • jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    21,437 already includes destination price for LXP AUTO so 19,600 should be including destination.

19,600 plus doc fee plus tax plus title should be the right quote and based on market and stock you should be able to get some more discount.

edmunds true market value itself is about $250 below invoice plus 1800 rebate for honda owner so $19,300 to 19,400 should be a good price before tax tag and title.
  • swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    Suppose I get an accord for 21.5k and my trade-in is worth 2.5k, do I need to pay tax on 21.5k or 19k?
  • jimex10jimex10 Member Posts: 14
    Just bought a 2010 EXL Coupe from Boch Honda - Norwood, MA. They are very motivated. Here's the scoop.
    MSRP - $27,590.00
    Less all rebates, discounts - $4,766.00
    Price of unit - $22,824.00

Plus they gave me $9,000 for my trade: 2005 Accord EX, I4, Auto, sedan with 124,000 miles on it. (Edmunds says it's worth around $8k).

Net price - $13,824.00

The whole buying process took 2 hours...I'm really happy!!
  • jimex10jimex10 Member Posts: 14
    Depending on your state, but you usually pay tax on the net price...or the 19k
  • connorbmxconnorbmx Member Posts: 19
    I was quoted the following from a local dealer:

2009 Accord LX $18,158
    2009 Accord LX-P $19,062

2010 Accord LX $19033
    2010 Accord LX-P $20837

Seems to be about a $1200 markup on the 2010 LX-P, but only $300 on the LX ???
  • cincyaccordcincyaccord Member Posts: 19
    Hello...
    I am extremely interested in this thread, as I also live in the Cincinnati area, and will be taking the plunge next week to negotiate a price on a Honda Accord XL-P. I have decided to buy this model or perhaps the EX. I am presently involved in arranging finances and deciding on the right color....To say the least, your posts and the great responses to them have been very helpful in relieving some of my anxiety (I haven't negotiated for a new car in over 14 years) as well as providing me with practical and useful information....It sounds like you are probably about a week ahead of me in your quest...I wish to now thank you, and the other contributing posters. I will continue to monitor your progess, and hopefully be able to contribute information in the future.....Thanks again.
  • shermajdshermajd Member Posts: 29
    Depending on your state, but you usually pay tax on the net price...or the 19k

unfortunately, in Ohio they changed that law. You pay taxes on the negotiated price of the car before trade in :cry:
  • kk26kk26 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone used a Texas voucher from aircheck to purchase a 2009 or 2010 Honda accord V6 EX-L? The dealerships are saying that the car is not on the qualified list of vehicles which can be purchased with the voucher. I know that the car bought with it can only be max 25000 incl destination but b4 tax n title....but I had a dealer who was willing to make it work..but then someone else there said the car doesn't qualify.

Please let me know if anyone has used the voucher or have any more info....thanks!!!
  • yakaklayakakla Member Posts: 1
    Hi all

Who is eligible to get $900 Honda Loyalty incentive ?. I heared this program started on jan 22 and ending on jan 30.
    I have honda civic 98, but , I am a 2nd owner and not taken any finance from honda before.I bought another car honda accord lx 2010 on the road for 20600(include all), but not sure still am I eligible to get another 900 dollars because having another honda civiv car.

Please advise.
  • allthumbsdiyallthumbsdiy Member Posts: 11
    Hello Folks-

From what I was told, "Honda Owner Loyalty Program" applies to any existing Honda owners (doesn't matter if you are the original owner or someone who bought a used one) as long as you can produce the current vehicle registration card along with proof of auto insurance. To qualify for the extra incentive, you must purchase an in-stock 2009 or 2010 Accord or Civic.

For example, if the vehicle has a $900 Honda to Dealer incentive, you qualify to receive another $900 (Honda to consumer) incentive.

If you happen to find a 2009 Accord/Civic, note that some models have as much as $1500 Honda to Dealer incentive, which means you qualify to receive another $1500 (Honda to consumer) incentive.

If you are in a market for Honda and if you currently own one, you may want to move up your purchase date before January 2010 is over.

Hope this helps someone....
  • peterj4peterj4 Member Posts: 4
    i m getting a quote of $20045 + other standard charges for accord 2010 ex. is this a good price?
    also is $2500 extra money really worth over base lx model? i dont see substantial differences between these two..
    appreciate any feedback.. thanks
    There are lot of difference between LX and EX which might be useful or wasteful at the same time based on what you are looking for.

the main features of EX is that it comes with 191 hp 4 cylinder instead of 177 hp (LX and LXP) and a moonroof and 6 cd changer, 17 inch alloy wheel, heated outside mirror.
    mainly if moonroof and 6 cd changer is not something you want then LXP will be a better choice than EX.
    my other honda has 6 cd changer but does not play mp3 cds nor it has auxilary input for ipod .
    Nowdays all LX, LXP or EX comes with auxillary input so 6 cd changer is not that useful if you use ipod for your music.
    just my thoughts as I am in the same boat like you and trying to decide on the TRIM.

LXP is well equipped with useful features compare to LX like 16 inch alloy wheel, power seat, security system and is about $1000 expensive then LX.
    Those features in LXP are worth spending another 800 to 1000 dollar in my opinion.

does your price quote of 20,045 include destination charges of $710?
    which area you got the quote? thanks
    I got this quote from one of the dealer in NJ.. And no, it does not include the dest. charge, title fees, taxes and few other minor charges..
    It does include the loyalty cash discount as I currently own civic lx.
    You are right about 6cd changer.. i am not a big fan of that either..
    but do you think 20045 is a good price for EX model? if you dont mind me asking, what price quote are you getting for any of the trims?
    If you can get EX auto 4 cylinder for 20,755 (including destination and all other minor charges ) plus tax tag and title, i think it is a good deal. you can try for another 100 to 200 less but even this is good.
    I have got a quote of 200 higher than yours plus i am still not decided between accord and altima.
    did you got a quote on LXP auto accord ? let me know how much it is?
  • ilovenewcarsilovenewcars Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone, just wondering if this is a decent deal on a EX-L V6 Sedan in Southern New Jersey

2010 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 with Navi

sticker price: $32,000 and some change

the deal offered in the email:

$30,560 with all dealer fees, plates, registration and 7% NJ Sales Tax

subtracting the Tax ($1908), Tags ($300), Fees ($700), Misc. ($150)

price of the car: $27,270

good deal or should i wait? Thanks.
    21500 + tax +title +doc = 24022.
    plus security alarm = 450.

from South bay Honda Milpitas, CA.
    They got it from another dealer, whom I offered the same price but was rejected.
    This looks like rare color, only few dealers in the entire bay area, had for EX model.
    plus security alarm = 450. ????

what kind of security alarm. all accords except LX trim already comes with factory installed security alarm and engine immobolizer. it is not an option, it is a standard feature with EX trim.

so what did the dealer charged you 450 dollars for?
    Is $16936 a good price for 2010 Honda Accord LX + other applicable charges (dest., title, tax and couple of minor charges)
    And they offer lifetime free oil change + inside out car wash

What do you guys think?
  • andypaiandypai Member Posts: 8
    Is it auto?

I only got invoice-$2000. 17824 + destination($710) + TTL..

Can I know where are you?
    please check post 24568. I am talking about this one.
  • cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    has anyone seen any accord crosstour pricing yet? lots of debate over the asthetics, but the vehicle might fit our needs. one problem though--it seems wildly overpriced relative to the sedans...
    bought accord lx sedan auto from princeton honda, nj for 17700 + 710 + 198 + 7% tax
    financed the vehicle for 4.79% for 60 months
    good luck all!
  • mtx32mtx32 Member Posts: 1
    Guys- the dealers in my area are quoting me 18,800 + TTL + accessories for a 2010 accord LX (auto). This already includes the customer loyalty rebate.

Any good? or can I do better?
    Is Royal Pearl Blue a hard color to find for the Accord LX-P ? I haven't seen one on the local dealer inventory websites. Wondering if they'd try to charge me a premium, and if so, is this legitamite, or will they simply find one and truck it in, covered by the destination fee. Thanks.
  • accordexlaccordexl Member Posts: 6
    Contacted three dealers and found the best prices offered (including Honda Loyalty discounts):
    1. Dealer 1 (O'Daniel) - $23,828 + TTL
    2. Dealer 2 (Superior) - $24,000 + TTL but includes splash guards (~$90)
    Dealer 3 (Bellevue) says that he'll beat any price we bring from the other two dealerships by at least a couple of hundred dollars.

I'm in a fix as to what to do...should I go to Dealer 3 and try to get the car for say $23,600 + TTL and be happy, or is there more room for negotiation?

I haven't seen too many quotes for EX-L's in this forum. We are leaning for the EX-L since it has lumbar support (for my sensitive back) and bluetooth. Please advise.
  • chicagoj67chicagoj67 Member Posts: 1
    Honda is offering leases on EX's at $219/month with a $2,599 capitalized cost reduction. I know "regular" leases are negotiable but I don't know if these special lease deals from the manufacturer are also negotiable. Could the $2,599 be negotiated down?
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    I had heard there may be better deals in Feb & March. The Honda website shows a sign & drive on an EXL 4WD w/Out Nav for $429 + tax and the other associated fees.

Seems like the 2WD version should be worth $1,000 - $1,500 more than the Sedan but thats about it. While the sheet metal might be a big different, the core of the car is still an Accord.

BTW: also heard Pilot programs will improve in Feb Mar too.

I asked the dealer if Honda only wanted them to sell / lease Crosstours at sticker price now and he kind of danced around the question. Now that you are seeing a few TV ads for it, perhaps they will loosen up a bit. '09 was a poor year for Honda and Jan in the auto business tends to be slow.
  • bvella68bvella68 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I just purchased a new Sedan EX-L for 22,800 Including destination of 710.00. We had a 93 trade that was worth 400.00 and they gave us 1,000.00. Our total was 21,800 plus tax of 1308.00 and fees for 412.00. We bought in NJ, total out the door for the EX-L was 23,512.20. I paid cash. You can do better than the 23,600.
    read the post 24568. never heard of activating the security system. looks like a dealer trick. anybody on this post - have you heard of this about security system.

i really like to know how low a dealer can go to rob people cold with any tricks they can come up with.
  • rnahouraiirnahouraii Member Posts: 22
    was there a doc fee also?
  • ilovenewcarsilovenewcars Member Posts: 4
    just pulled the trigger on an EX-L V6 with navi today

sticker was for $31,800 and i got it for $27,600. plus TTL and the OTD price was $30,008.
  • fishnamedwandafishnamedwanda Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Edmunds and all those who posted on this thread!!

Thru Edmunds I asked 5 Dallas dealers to quote me a price on the 2010 EX-L V-6. Researched the incentive discussed here which was $900 for 4 cyl and $750 for V6. Most dealers were doubling that incentive until today, Jan 30th.

Here are the negotiated terms of my lease
    Price $ 25300 (MSRP=$29815 with standard options)
    36mo
    12K miles/yr
    MF .00132 or 3.17%
    Residual $ 16696
    Payment $263 per mo

I only paid TT&L $1986 + 1st mo $263 = $2250
  • zowzowzowzow Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    Thanks for the very helpful breakdown. Turns out, the 09 was gone, but the advice helped me to purchase a 2010. I'll post that purchase price paid in a new thread. Thanks again.
    zowzow
  • zowzowzowzow Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a 2010 Accord EX Auto Sedan (black) for $19,844 from Prime Honda (Boston, MA). This was the out-the-door price, plus vehicle administration fee ($290, whatever that is), plus title and registration ($126), plus sales tax (0.0625). I had a 98 Civic that I traded in for $500 (probably could have gotten a few hundred more for it, but was off my negotiating game by that point). Total out the door (including tax, including my trade, and of course including the incentives): $21,627.

I then paid for all-season floor mats ($167), wheel locks ($93) and remote autostart ($359).

Experience with Prime was very good. Would welcome feedback on how I did. Thanks to everyone on this blog. What a great resource!
  • mz2009mz2009 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for sharing experience. I think this is a good deal.
  • zgzhouyanzgzhouyan Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2010 (6 miles on it) EX-L I4 Auto 4 Dr for $23100+TTL yesterday (Jan 30). Here is the breakdown:
    price:$23100
    tax: $1443.75 (6.25% in Dallas, TX)
    Dealer's Inventory Tax: $48.51
    Government License and Registration fee: $77.30
    Government Certificate of title fee: $33.00
    Government Vehicle Inspection fee: $21.75
    Documentation fee:$50

Total (out-of-the-door price): $24,774.31.

The vehicle does include the following dealer add-ons:
    (1) Paint Sealant
    (2) Fabric Sealant
    (3) Accent Stripes
    (4) Rear Mud Guards
    (5) Window Tints(lifetime warranty
    (6) Wheel locks
    (7) Trunk tray
    (8) Nitrogen Upgrade
    (9) Door Edge Guards/Wheel Trim

This price used a honda loyalth incentive of $900. I might push one or two hundred bucks down, but need too much energy to negotiate. I thought the price is acceptable considering those add-ons, so decide to buy it at that price.

Finance part: No speical finance deals. got a loan of 4.65% from Honda Finance for 66 months, will get $500 from Honda finance from a coupon (they sent me a $500 coupon because I financed my car from Honda Finance before). .
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Hello,

Congratulations on getting the new accord. I am a toyota owner for over 4 years now with 0 problems.

I've been looking for an upgrade for sometime now.

I have looked at a lot of luxury cars and am not sure if I could afford it.

Should I buy the cheapest 5 series as new which Iam not sure if I'll be able to, or maybe slightly used, or is the new accord a better choice?
    OK. I purchased the car on the 30th and here is the price I got: $18,759.42(after all the discounts) plus tax, title. I did not manage to get any lesser from any other dealers. Hope this helps someone.
    Dear, Accord LX-P Fan,
    Congratulations on your purchase! I need to compare apples to apples ( I don't presently own a Honda). It sounds like your deal got better during the week, but unclear if the final price included destination and which rebates you got. I would appreciate it if you could let me know your final price within your original format which follows......"I am looking to buy Honda Accord 2010 LX-P in Cincinnati area. The best price I got till now is 19,600 + 710(dest fee)+250(doc fee)+33.50(title) + TAX. Is this a good price? I am not sure what rebates you are mentioning above"...........Also, not crucial, but if possible, can you name your dealer?
    Many thanks....keep on truckin'...cincyaccord
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Never thought honda will have this problem"

Why not, it's a car with wheels and tires.

You seem to be overeacting to what is probably a simple wheel balance problem.

Tires can flat spot but it doesn't take 1000 miles to stop. Probably more like ten miles.

A wheel balance problem is an easy fix!
    I was in the same boat, researching if I can buy one or two year old car, but after so many negotiaions, it looked like they are almost(though not exactly) as costly as new. So I decided to upgrade myself to a new car!
    Yes we already own a Honda and this is our second one.

This is what I have got: M.S.R.P. = $23,565.00
    Discount = $4,305.58 (I am not sure what all added up here but my husband told me that this included existing honda owners incentive)
    Dealor Coupon = $500.00

Price = $18,759.42 plus tax, title & fees
    We purchased the car from Matt Castrussi Honda of Dayton.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Thank you for the suggestion.

But the thing is, I have waited over a year to get the car I want, maybe this is not the right time.
    Accord is a good car, but I can't say I'll be happy with it...
    How is the accord experience been so far? What car did u have before the accord?
  • tegguytegguy Member Posts: 1
    ilovenewcars: I am looking for a 2010 V6 EX-L too. Where did you purchase yours?
  • chiveschives Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2010 Accord LX for $19,050. I imagine we could have gotten it a little cheaper had we messed with another dealer or two, but we were in a hurry and I hate dealing with salesmen.
    is loyalty program still on for honda owners
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    There are quite a few in the inventory at Fuoco Honda here in Grand Junction, including at least one 2009 in Silver with grey leather.
  • yipman_styleyipman_style Member Posts: 10
    What I'm going to get depends on what the discounts are. I beleive the rate is 1.9% for 60M now.

Can you guys tell me what you paid for:

Sedan

1. EX V6

2. EX-L V6

Thanks