Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• goergiaramangoergiaraman Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I just bought Accord LX 2010 yesterday for $18900 (including destination fee) and traded in my old 99 Toyota Camry for $2500 (it came down to $16400). I also had 1.9% financial loan for 60 month with $0 down but I was not charged anything additionally for it. I had similar offered by another dealer but they tried to charge me $1000-$1200 for financing. Of course I did not do it. This is in Atlanta, GA. BTW, tax ($1006), documentation fee ($599) and license/registration ($18+8) need to be paid additionally.
  • az2chicagoaz2chicago Member Posts: 10
    Last week (in March), bought a 2010 Accord EX-L, 4cyl, no navigation. MSRP was 27540, and overstock.com autos was around 23700. I paid 23500 + 154 doc fee (IL state max). Had a trade-in, which was valued at the same price as Carmax.

Didn't have time to shop around, and this may not be the best deal, but posting for a reference point.

Did use the $1200 dealer cash, not the special Honda financing.
  • vivianne101vivianne101 Member Posts: 7
    That's a terrible deal. You should be able to talk them down at least another thousand dollars or MORE. I purchased 2010 LX for 18641. I probably wouldn't pay for the 09 unless it was under 17K.
  • kabooziekaboozie Member Posts: 15
    2010 EX-L
    My quote is
    $22,919.00 Internet Price
    710.00 Destination Fee
    99.00 Processing Fee
    499.00 Delivery Charges
    43.50 Private Agency Tag Fee
    6.50 W/T Lab Fees
    Sales Tax
    197.00 Estimated Tag Transfer Fees
    2.00 MVWTF

Does this sound like a good deal? I am not sure if other people are putting down their out the door price or their price before fees.

Thanks in advance.
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    $499 for "delivery charges"? Sounds like a profit maker for the dealer. Google TrueCar prices for some good information.
  • split_horizonsplit_horizon Member Posts: 2
    I took a month to decide between Altima, Fusion, Accord. Chose the Accord since it seemed more luxurious. Test drove all of them to get an feel of what I liked. I liked the Accord 2010 EX-L w/NAV V6, Metal Metallic on Gray interior.

Then started my price research with Edmunds.com, Cars.com, and thecarconnection.com. I even purchased the Consumer Reports Price Report. Don't buy this report ($24) useless, got better estimates with this blog and thecarconnection.com Contacted around 6 dealers in my area and let the dealers fight for my business.

Got a price of $26,695 from Lodi Honda. No one else would beat it. OTD $29,493.

Sharp looking car. BTW don't fall for the extended warranty or "protection package". Got my wheel locks, splash guard and cargo net online for $170.

Hope this was helpful.
  • zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    That $499 delivery charge is shady.
    As the other poster said, it is like pure profit to the dealer (unless you are getting a car they don't have on the lot)

On February I paid 23150 for Accord EX-L (no nav, including destination). And only 149 processing fee, no other delivery charges or stuff like that.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    What is a delivery fee? Do you not pay taxes in your state?
  • s1ginss1gins Member Posts: 51
    Just wondering if anyone (CARGUY) knows what deals Honda may have for April. It seems the 1200 cash to dealer finished at the end of March. I am deciding between CPO and new on an EX-L w/Nav (4 cyl)...

Split Horizon, your deal looks excellent...I assume you did it in March.
  • chimpi99chimpi99 Member Posts: 15
    Is $24700 OTD a good price for a 2010 Accord EX-L model with dealer addons($2700 worth of add-ons) and extended power-train warranty?

Please reply.
    $1200 dealer cash got extended for month of april as per edmunds website and also confirmed by the dealers i spoke to.
  • homer123homer123 Member Posts: 5
    I finally bought the Accord LX base model with no extras for $20k OTD with 0.9% APR dealer financing.
    Thank you everyone for the various reference points and comments.
  • dakmont1dakmont1 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2010 Accord Automatic/ EX-L w/navigation system 4cyl. for $25,836 - in New Jersey @ 1.9% financing I also negotiated a remote engine starter to close the deal. I purchased my Honda care extended warranty from another dealer in Mass. Hyannis Honda for $605- 7r. 80K with no deductable. I am installing my own slash guards and side molding which will also save me $. I think this was a great deal. The MSRP was $29,540 without the remote starter.
  • loukikymuloukikymu Member Posts: 1
    demo had 4900 miles on it
    traded 2001 Infiniti i30 with 142K miles, check engine light, minor body damage
    said they gave me $2500 for the trade

0-0-0
    $250/month
    3yr/36k miles

Goodson Honda in north Houston.. good experience
    seemed like a pretty fair deal, maybe could have gotten a little lower, I didn't push too hard.
  • zeizei Member Posts: 1
    Purchasing a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navigation from a dealership in Northern VA for $26,524 (includes freight) plus $399 dealer processing , tax, title. Also got financing through Honda at 1.9% APR for 60 months.
  • split_horizonsplit_horizon Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    s1gins,
    March 31, 2010 to be exact.
  • anantharamananantharaman Member Posts: 1
    I got an internet quote for 2010 Honda Accord LX 4-dr Sedan Auto from Redwood City Honda in CA. The quote was for 19.3K *excluding* tax and license.

Is this a good deal? With CA tax and license fee, the OTD will come to 21K I think.

Thanks a lot,
    Ananth
  • neighborjohnneighborjohn Member Posts: 3
    Is this a good price for 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L 4cyl (no navi)?

$23,500 (Silver on Black incl Remote Start)
    + $1,855 (TTL)
    = $25,355 (OTD)
    Is this Sedan or Coupe?
    its a sedan with auto transmission
    If the OTD price included a substantial portion of TTL then it sounds like a great deal w/ all those add-ons. Otherwise $24700 OTD with limited TTL (ie. bought in a state w/ no sales tax), then w/ $2600 in addons, it's still a pretty good deal.

What portion of the OTD price was TTL?
  • tommyc2tommyc2 Member Posts: 9
    I think I did pretty good. Purchased last day of March, MSRP was 29815 loaded with Appearance package 4000 more, so about 33800 was sticker. Didnt want Naviagtion. Black with Black interior was want I wanted, they said they could locate one. They had one loaded up and asked would I pay $1200 more than the 25485 I had agreed to pay, Car has Black Ice Grill, Moonroof Visor, Winged Spoiler on back, mudguards, Window Visors, Door guards(not the plastic strip type), Wheellocks, they even gave me the regular grill if I ever needed it, so 26685, I said heck yeah, eye catcher for sure. First time I took it out, 3 people made comments, 2 at one store and 1 at another. Over 7000 off sticker and the 1.9% financing. Only drove for 50 miles and love it!
  • s1ginss1gins Member Posts: 51
    Decided to go CPO and save a little...Got a blue 4cyl Accord EX-L with Navigation. The car is certified pre-owned with 24,700 miles, 1 owner off lease, clean carfax.

Bought it for $19,300 plus TTL. Thought it was a good deal...
    thanks all for your replies.
    According to dealers email 6.25% is for TTL and 300$ for registering fees. Around $1800 from the $24.7k is for TTL+fees.

These are the add-ons promised that are included in the price:

1) Paint and Fabric Warranty
    2) Color Keyed Door Edge Molding
    3) Honda Splash Guards
    4) Honda Cargo Tray
    5) Window Tint
    6) Wheel Locks
    7) Honda Pin Stripes

This is for a brand new car. Most of the dealers i spoke to could not even come close to this price. Actually one dealer came close but has different add-ons which includes some of the above.
    Would you recommend pulling the trigger?
    thanks,
    chimpi99
  • lostinva540lostinva540 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I'm having trouble finding exactly what I want. I'm going to see what I can get a 2010 EX-L V-6 for tomorrow. This car has been on the lot for at least 5 months. I wonder how low they will go.
  • carbuyer2011carbuyer2011 Member Posts: 6
    I am ready to but a 2010 Accord LX. I am in Raleigh NC, If you just bought one in Raleigh area, could you please share your buying experience and dealer information. thanks.

My email: vivibaobao2006@yahoo.com
  • emengaemenga Member Posts: 21
    Is this a good price on 2010 Accord LX, automati, base (no add on) at Houston?

Drive out price $20750 (tax 6.5%)
  • ehs69ehs69 Member Posts: 1
    Bought EX-L 4cyl w/o nav. in Houston for 22,770 including dest. charge but not TT&L. OTD price was 24,550. Mild negotiations. Sale closed last day of March.

Dealer extras of fabric &paint sealant, anti-theft ID, nitrogen in tires. No window tint by my request.

Happy with car and (so far) with dealer.

Posters on this forum have been a great help to my decision and negotiations. Thank you all.
  • 4nucar4nucar Member Posts: 4
    What are the current incentive on 2010 Honda accord?
  • hondaccord09hondaccord09 Member Posts: 14
    Not a good deal.
    I guess I must have done something wrong when quoting prices. It seems that the price quotes I got for Accord and 2011 Sonata at Houston are not good at all. Or is the market is so good here?
  • johnohjohnoh Member Posts: 8
    I'm in the market for an LX Auto as well, is $20750 OTD like $500 above, or is this too much.
    People are saying that the price I got ($20750 drive out which includes 6.5% tax) is not a good deal. So your price ($20750+500=21250) is evern worse.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I thought sales tax was 6.25% for vehicles in TX? As for price it doesn't sound bad, late last year price was running about $18,837 here with OTD running around $20,297.
    Yes, the tax should be 6.25% here at Houston, Texas. $20600~$20700 drive out is the best I can get. Don't know if I should wait longer to get a better deal or maybe look for something else (2011 Fiesta?).
    I'm not sure how much better the prices will get by waiting but chances are they may not get much lower, you may want to look at the 2010 Sonata also.
    :)

Sorry I was saying is the target price $500 or more lower... not higher... i poorly worded the statement.

Just trying to gauge what the target price.. see if it was 20250 or less.
    edited April 2010
    Don't know the dealer's bottomline. But one dealer here won't budge at all beyond $20750. Said I can go to other dealer if I see a lower price.
    Ok, another dealer offered $20300 drive out on base LX automatic with tax 6.25%. Don't know if I should take the offer.
  • vivianne101vivianne101 Member Posts: 7
    That's not too bad. I got mine for 20700. 18640 before tax, license and registration.
    Are you getting the 1.9% financing as well. or is it at least available to you at that price.
    Yes. I just made the purchase with 1.9% for 60 months today.
  • oddyoddy Member Posts: 9
    can you share the dealership name? i am shopping for one without the nav - ie just ex-l here in coastal ga.

thanks
  • bigguy6bigguy6 Member Posts: 5
    Just got a price quote on a 2010 Accord Coupe -EX-L Automatic with Navigation of
    $ 25481.00 which includes destination fee. This is in PA. Is this a good price?
    TIA
  • yungmdyungmd Member Posts: 4
    seems good unless there are hidden fees. i bought 2010 coupe v6 exl for 25,600 plus tax title. go for it
    I purchased 2010 Accord LX Sedan Automatic at zip 77030 for $20340 drive out. Sales Tax 6.25%. Got the 1.9% for 60 months. The car has tinted windows and stripe and fabric protection.
    Sounds like you got a good deal.
  • mevander1mevander1 Member Posts: 43
    I saw a pricing tool on a thread and I thought it was here(?). The tool had a graph re: pricing and listed dealer invoice, hold backs and what a 'good' deal was. Does anyone here know what web site has that tool?

Thanks!

Mike
  • oddyoddy Member Posts: 9
    website = truecar
  • kl1220kl1220 Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for basic LX w/o Alloy wheels for $17,995 + tax & fees. Is that a good deal? Thanks