Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• avichiavichi Member Posts: 22
    remember in negotiation everything is possible, better to ask and told yes or no, make sure you have 3-4 items which you will not budge and 1-2 items which you can let go so that both parties feel that it was a win-win....
  • rustumrustum Member Posts: 100
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the update. I bought LX-P for 19500 + TTL (21k OTD) with silver and black interior. I could be able to save some more if i bargain much. That is the best offer i have got. There are not many 2010 LX-P models left. It is very difficult to get interior / exterior we want for 2010 LX and LX-P in Dallas area. Most of the cars are fully loaded. That makes it more difficult to bargain. My other offers are 18650 + TTL for black/ivory LX, 21000 OTD for silver/grey LX and 22300 OTD for black/ivory LX-P.
    My car has mfg date of Mar, 2010. There is a 5 months gap between the mfg date and purchase date. Is there something wrong with that. This is my first new car purchase.
    I also received 1.9% APR loan.
    Thanks for the info. I am not able to get it to $19250 + TTL. I got it for $19500 + TLL with all that extras from the Mckinney dealer. He did not agree for anything less than that.
  • mihaispencermihaispencer Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys,
    Please help me out. I'm getting a huge headache from trying to figure out an initial offer and target price for a red 2011 Accord Coupe V6 Manual. Truecar gives a price of $27,487 guaranteed (includes 750 destination and 400 ad fees), and Edmunds says MSRP 29730, Invoice 26940 and TMV 28550.
    I'm thinking of starting with 25,400 with a target/maximum of 26,100 (all fees except taxes and $100 tag), where if I don't get it I'll try another dealership. Initial price doesn't really matter, my walk out maximum is more important. Is it too low or high?
    I'm in MD if that is needed.

Thanks, greatly appreciated,
    Michael
    Michael: I posting a previous post I had posted it has a website go there and get the exact price they are good."Sale Price is the exact purchase price you negotiate on -forget the invoice price and MSRP, this the best price you are going to pay to take the car out of the lot and park it in your garage. Be very clear on this number which is the only price you should be worried.

"Thank you everyone for feedback,appreciate if anyone recently bought a Honda Accord 2010 EX-L V6 with Navigation provide feedback.

Two dealers have given me a price as follows:( I am not including the MSRP and Invoice Price as it does not matter) The bottom-line pricing for me what is my price which is the Sale Price.
    Dealer#1
    4. DMV(Tag/Registration Fee) :$398.00
    5. Tax (on #1+#2) :$23,67.31
    Dealer#2
    4. DMV(Tag/Registration Fee) :$398.00
    5.Other :$29.00
    6 Flat/Add County Fee :$10.00
    7.Smog Abatement Fee :$20.00
    8. Tax (8.75%) (on #1+#2) :$2401.00
    Check the Amex Car Buying program and they say in my area, the sale price (Item#1-Sale Price) should be $26,544

I checked the Dealer #2 today he was ready to make a deal, he did not have the color we wanted, so we walked out.

I will give Dealer#1 to respond and see he can match the American Express Sale Price of $26544.00 (which is $5311 below MSRP for the above model)
  • mihaispencermihaispencer Member Posts: 2
    Hmmm. I don't think that's such a great deal. AMEX for me says $27,987 (not sure with or without Navi).
    And an internet sales representative of a local dealer sent me this price (with navi): $26,926.00 which includes destination fees of $750.00. Addition will be $100.00 for processing and state tax; (6% for MD and 3% for VA). In addition, $237.00 for tags.

So, AMEX is only good if it includes fees/taxes and I don't think it does. Not great advice :/
    Yes your"Sale Price" is 26926.00 (MD) and my sale price after negotiation was $27300 (incl $750 destination in California) for 2010 Accord EX-L 4Dr,3.5L V6 automatic with Navigation(Ivory interior)Black exterior, so we may not be comparing apples to apples.
  • hedgehog81hedgehog81 Member Posts: 1
    I talked to dealer in NJ. He said would be able to go 19000 OTD for 2010 Accord LX with trade in old Altima with 212k miles. Haven`t sign anything yet
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    OTD is a useless number on this forum.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    So much easier to just show all the numbers...makes for an easy comparison. This subject has been beaten to death over the years in other prices paid forums!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Michael CohenMichael Cohen Member Posts: 16
    I got a price of $24,416 for a Accord Sedan EX-l V6 from Amex.

This price does not include Tax, title, DMV, etc as I need to pay those anyway.

Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower price for a 2010.

Thanks
  • ctjonesctjones Member Posts: 3
    That's a great price for that car, I wouldn't worry about whether you could have gotten it any lower. I've had mine for less than 2 months and love it. I had a 328xi which was, without a doubt, the best driving experience I've ever had but on a cost/benefit ratio the Honda wins hands down. I paid slightly over 25K for the same model, so you beat me!
    Not sure if this has been answered already, but will a dealer match Amex and also give cash back.

Thanks
  • texasshopper1texasshopper1 Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L with Navigation around Austin, TX for $25,400 plus TT&L.

I shopped around... This was the lowest price I was able to find in my area. Hopefully this was a decent deal.

Thanks guys for all the posts! I used your information in my negotiating!
  • kt999kt999 Member Posts: 1
    To rustum: one quesiton, does LX-P include leather seats? Or, is this an additional option? Thanks for your postings, very informative.
    Hi kt999,
    LX-P does not come with leather seats. I do not have dealer installed one either. My car came with dealer installed tint, wheel locks, cargo tray, pine stripe, mud guards and door guards. All the cars have these extras installed in Dallas area.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Only the EX-L has leather, the L standing for leather.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    For 2011 there is an SE model that has leather seats.
  • akordakord Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer for 2010 Accord LX for $18,449 including destination with OTD price of $20,412. This is the best offer I got so far among the 7 dealers I was negotiating with... Good price ?
    Price looks good to me. $18646 + TTL is the best offer i received.
  • bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35
    Does anyone have the November 2010 Accord incentives for sedans. I'm shopping for an EXL 4 cylinder sedan and wasn't ready to buy in October. There was 1.9 financing with a $600 dealer cash in October so trying to see if the same numbers are available this month. I also did the AMEX car buying site and have a number of $22,700 (not OTD, just car price) for the EXL sedan. I currently have a Honda and saw a $250 loyalty but it was pulled from the Honda Finance web site. I was told these come and go at different time for Honda.

Just trying to nail down the best deal before the 2010's in my color are gone. Thanks.
  • jamtracyjamtracy Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2010
    Can someone share this info if you have it? The best price I've been quoted so far for a 2011 EX-L V6 w/Nav is 29,145. I need better than this. I believe the current incentives end today. I live in the East Bay of California.
    Thanks
    edited November 2010
    I just wrapped up the purchase today of a 2010 EX-L sedan (black/black) delivered price $22,600 plus tax $1356 (PA 6%) tags and fees ($178) OTD total $24,134. Not many 2010's left so if you are looking get your color while you can. Also, November 2010 has Honda financing at 0.9%.

Almost forgot, set of winter floor mats in the deal as well $100-140 additional cost.
  • chuck1919chuck1919 Member Posts: 176
    The dealer can install these for you-

http://www.katzkin.com/

I would guess between $1,500.00 and $1,800.00 dollars. Still far less than an EX-L.
    I ended up with a 2010 Accord Sedan EX-L.

Paid $22,500 plus tax, DMV, dealer fee (75)

It was one of the last 2010's on the lot.

Thanks
  • allroadangerallroadanger Member Posts: 81
    lease or buy? Looking for MF and resid on same car
  • desmonsmdesmonsm Member Posts: 48
    So I'm still negotiating with dealers for a 2010 EX-L. The best price I've received (including the 1200 dealer cash) is 23,469.50 plus TTL. Reading here, it seems to not be that great of a price. Maybe I need to hold out longer....
    Additionally, the dealer says I can't combine the .9% financing along with the 1,200 dealer cash - it's one or the other. Honda's website makes no mention of the dealer cash, but on Edmunds.com it says "Cash can be combined with special AHFC APR finance or lease offers. See participating dealer for details." Previously people mentioned receiving both - has anyone recently got a deal with the cash and the financing?
  • twin22twin22 Member Posts: 8
    i just got the SE for 21,750 + tax how did i do?
    Go to the AMEX car buying web site and tell them you have a quote for $22,500. That seems to be the number with the latest incentives. I was actually offered a bit lower at one other dealer but it meant color was not my choice. The dealer I picked had my color and most importantly the dealer fees were not a catch. Get a detailed price inclusive of all fees as that is the catch in many cases. The dealer couldn't have been easier to work with and one of the best car buying experiences ever for me. And the Accord is a great car as well! Good luck.
  • ilyaigdalevilyaigdalev Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone , im Ilya Igdalev and I just wanted to know if there is any time of the months or year where one can get the most discount or good incentives on Honda Accord Thanks in Advance
  • njandynjandy Member Posts: 26
    Got a 2011 EX-L w/Nav for 26,500 in the poconos PA
  • kyriderkyrider Member Posts: 3
    Just got a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L for $24700 + TTL in Louisville, KY
  • dzyr4ttdzyr4tt Member Posts: 21
    EX-L comes in V4 and V6.. What model is yours?
  • mihaispencer1mihaispencer1 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    I'm guessing it's a V4. Then he would've paid ~750 below invoice including destination fee (cancelling out the destination fee). If it was a V6, then it'd be a sign dealers are getting VERY desperate to sell that low.
  • mihaispencer1mihaispencer1 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    This is a sick deal if it's true. 2200 below invoice for a 2011?!?! (22.5k for a 24,794 invoice) Just cause of your post that's what i'm going to be shooting for when I'm dealing tomorrow instead of just 900 below invoice... Going for a LX-S Manual Coupe... Will let you guys know if it works out.
  • snowshovelsnowshovel Member Posts: 1
    My friend just bought an Accord LX A/T (no other options) at $18800 with 0.9% special financing. Plus fees (298), Tax (6.25%) and Reg. (100). OTD around 20373. Is the deal good?
    It is very good price for 2011. I got similar quotes for 2010.
  • tlnmdxtlnmdx Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2010
    Just worked out the price and put a deposit on a 2011 for $24,359. I refused to take what's in stock caused they had the $699 dealer prep (mud guard, trunk tray and wheels lock). I can install them myself for less than $300. Comes with no charge maintenance 3yr/36K miles from the dealer (whatever that means). This is in NJ (outside of Philadelphia)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter wants to interview a recent carbuyer who considered new and used, and decided on new because the deal was better. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Nov 17, 2010 with your brief story and your daytime contact info.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tamilnadutamilnadu Member Posts: 13
    What would be the best price for 2011 Honda Accord SE- 4cyl
  • cibrthugscibrthugs Member Posts: 3
    2011 Accord SE black on black was $21,500 plus TTL. I also got 1.9% and all rebates available. Sticker was $25,147 with dealer add ons. How did I do?
    2011 Accord SE black on black was $21,500 plus TTL. I also got 1.9% and all rebates available. Sticker was $25,147 with dealer add ons. How did I do?
    edited November 2010
    Looks like deal is pretty good. In this what about the pro package ..such as mud guard, scratch protector like in the door edges and wheel lock. All these included in this package?
  • andymbandymb Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to let you guys know that a lot of you are being taken advantage of. The accord and altima models are about the same in price, I'll leave the options, engine, and what ever to you, but 2010 Altima 2.5 S equivalent to the 2010 Accord LX is being sold for a much lower price. A lot of customers are paying about 18k otd for the 2.5s version meanwhile I'm reading a lot of you are paying in the 20k+. And I went to inquire myself about the LX model and was offered the least price, around 19kotd. The year is also coming to a close which means that dealers have to bring in the new 2011 versions. So a lot of you guys are getting ripped off. Just wanted to inform you...Btw I did my research and shopping at several dealerships in the heavily taxed Jersey area...HAPPY CAR SHOPPING! ;)
  • accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    edited November 2010
    Considering that this room is for Accord pricing, your comments in regards to the long in the tooth Altima (usually finishing last or near last place in comparison tests) are irrelevant.

I believe there is a room for midsize car comparisons, I suggest you try there. :shades:
    Yes, it included all the wheel lock, mud guard, etc...
    Thank you.
  • wailingmilkwailingmilk Member Posts: 4
    In case it helps...I just bought a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L from Carmax for $16,100 with 30K miles on it. I feel pretty good about the deal. I know I could have paid a little less from a private owner, but I knew exactly what I wanted (beige leather interior, wood grain on dash, sunroof, black, etc...) and just wasn't finding it through ebay and craigslist. I was a little miffed at the $200 transfer fee (car was in north Indiana), but it worked out well. The Carmax experience was pretty easy, too. I had secured my own financing. Carmax offered me a 6.2% rate, and went on about how great that rate was. I managed to find a 2.99% interest rate at my credit union (for 47 months). I'd probably go back again. It was pretty cool to find what I wanted through their website and then just go pick it up. You must have all your ducks in a row, though. Saved myself the hassle of dealing with car salesmen, and traveling the region visiting different dealerships to find what I wanted and to wade through the BS. I opted to NOT buy Carmax's extended warranty. It was about $2000 extra. The point of buying the Accord was that I would not have to worry about it acting up. I'm pretty convinced that they don't offer you the warranty so that they can lose money. If my car needs $2000 worth of work over the next several years, then so be it. I'll drive this car into the ground. That's my two cents.
  • rustyvarustyva Member Posts: 2
    Dealer offered $26,612 which includes my basic accesories, destination charge, taxes, fees, etc. But it has 1,100 miles on it. Doesn't feel like a deal yet. Any thoughts on price that should be paid?
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    The invoice on that car (with the dealer cash) is about $25,900. Depending on how much of that is taxes, you can decide how much below/above invoice you are willing to pay for a leftover car that is essentially a year old as you drive it off the lot. Are there a ton of them sitting on the lot? If so you might be able to get it for below the invoice, I would at least try.

I am looking at the same car and would offer $25.5 to include all fees, adding only tax and tag, and see what they say. I certainly wouldn't go any higher that $26.0.

Keep the negotiation on the price of the vehicle (include all "dealer fees" in that negotiation). Then worry about the taxes and such (which you can't really control and are different in every state) after you have settled on a price.

Good luck.