Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sangeetamusangeetamu Member Posts: 1
    Hi kajiv, im also in ma and looking for the same car. can you tell me if you got the low apr (0.9) with this price also?
  • honda2011buyerhonda2011buyer Member Posts: 3
    Anyone got a good deal on 2011 Honda Accord LXP or EX. Please share. I am in the market for this car and need help so i can get a good deal. All help is appreciated. Anyone got any deal in Houston or Austin area, please share quotes.

Thanks again.
  • kajivkajiv Member Posts: 8
    I was not looking for the Lease. I aid cash.

I think, if you tried, it is possible. Email me at kaji.vimal@gmail.com if you want the sales person or the managers name or any other info. before you go to dealer

Good luck.
  • falashanfalashan Member Posts: 22
    Because of the 1.9% interest rate currently being offered I am trying to trade my 2009 accord coupe 6/6 with/navi for a same 2011 model.

The AVERAGE trade in of the 2009,with 55k, (from NADA, Edmunds & KBB) is $19,053.
    The payoff is $19,248.
    The selling price of the 2011 (from www.zag.com) is $28,065.

I offered to pay the dealer the $28,065 plus the $200 I am upside down in the trade in and Tax, Title, Registration and REASONABLE doc fees.

This deal would allow me to drive a newer vehicle for $10 less per month.

They came back without a counter offer saying "we are too far apart"
    Is this deal do able?
  • raodenraoden Member Posts: 19
    So I finally got some quotes from couple of dealers in the Maryland area and from local dealers as well. The following are the prices I got for an Accord sedan ex l v6 with Navi. Prices include all charges other than taxes, title and registration...

Nj 27820
    Md 27370
    Va 27370

Can somebody comment if these are good prices? The nj said they might be able to go down a litle further.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    The MD and VA prices are great - see if you can get them to throw in the all season mats. For a new car, you are doing awesome. Can't get much of a better deal unless Honda starts a program to throw cash back....
    1sebringnow thanks for the input.

The Maryland dealer is Criswell Honda and the Va dealer is Pohanka Honda. From the revie in Edmunds it seems Criswell Honda is rated way higher. Does nobody have any recommendation?

Thanks.
  • carbuyer119carbuyer119 Member Posts: 2
    Hemlock87--

This is a great deal. Did you end up purchasing the car and, like others, would you mind sharing the dealership name?

Thanks!
    Thanks for all the help from this forum. I have finally decided to buy my Accord EX-L v6 w/ navi sedan from Criswell Honda. The negotiated price is 27370 and dealer is also giving me wheel locks and all weather mats.

I have some out of state buying questions
    * Can I just add the new car to my current insurance in NJ and drive from MD to NJ? Do I have to tell anything special to the insurance company?
    * Should I take any special car engine break-in considerations as I am going to be taking the car on a long drive as soon as picking up the car?
    * What do you guys normally look for when taking delivery of a new car?

Thanks!
  • jpljpl Member Posts: 36
    Hi: Lease is up 2008 EX-L w/Navi. Looking for any recent leases in N.Y.-(LI area). Looking for Accord EX-L V-4, No Navi!!

Thanks

jpl
    Before you do, might I suggest you give folks at Ourisman Honda, in Bethesda a call. I just purchased a 2011 from them. All I can say is, apples to apples, Ourisman folks got the job done for less $$!! I paid around $19,600 for an Accord SE with all season mats, wheel locks and all kinds of nice goodies. They also included oil changes and the first major service.

I live in CT - and there were no issues with registering in my home state. I have bought a number of new cars. This was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

All I can say is - prices are negotiable. At the end of the month even more so. Hope you get the best deal!
    That was 19,650 before the taxes and plates. They included wheel locks, and all season floor mats. I wanted a few more things and we negotiated those - plus after all was said and done, I financed some at 1.9%. Best of luck and if you buy, enjoy the ride!
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    edited January 2011
    You will be covered for insurance for your drive back to New Jersey. If you were trading, you are automatically covered under your insurance for so many days from the purchase. Instead, you are buying the car outright. Just call and give them the VIN. It is no different than you taking a trip some place.

In regard to your question about break-in, I never worry about that. You are supposed to drive the car at varying speeds during the break-in which is, I believe, 300 to 500 miles. I just drive mine like I normally would.
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your input. I finally got my car yesterday and it was a pretty great experience at Criswell Honda.
    Except I had not done too much research on Extended warranty and was sold the "Performance Plus Elite Plus Coverage" for $2200 on my Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi. After I did some research online I have found out that is way too expensive!!! Does anyone know if "Performance Plus Mechanical breakdown coverage" is actually Honda Care. I was told that this coverage is acceptable at any Honda dealer and I just assumed that it was Honda Care. But it looks like that it might not be Honda Care at all. Am I correct?

I have 60 days to cancel this contract. Which I am going to cancel and buy the contract online from some place like Bernandi Honda or Sacucci Honda.
    Just curious if you contacted OURISMAN honda in Bethesda MD and what there price was versus Criswell? Also, as you pointed out, the money you saved was just spent on the extended warrantee! I would cancel the contract and see if you could do better on line!

Enjoy that great ride!
    No I did not contact OURISMAN Honda.

Does anybody have any recommendation about Bernadi Honda vs Saccuci Honda. They are quoting the exact same price for Honda Care.

Also does anyone know what "performance first" maintenance plan is? I am pretty confident that it is not Honda care. But just wanted to confirm.

Thanks.
    I believe the Performance First Maintenance Plan is put out by an after market maintenance type vendor. What does their maintenance schedule say it will cover and for how much will they contribute vs the Honda Care?

As for which dealer to go with. Two different states and I am not familiar with each states law regarding disputes, etc. However, since it is a HondaCare product it is supposed to be honored at any Honda Facility - regardless of where you buy it from. Could you share the quote and type of product - years/deductible that type of thing.

Thanks! I just bought a really nice Accore SE and am thinking about the long term maintenance product as well.
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Member Posts: 254
    Performance First is a division of Dimension Service Corp. and not Honda Care. I am not familiar with this company but I did find this online: http://www0.epinions.com/content_4679966852
    Corkscrew
  • sammyk2sammyk2 Member Posts: 3
    I bought my SE from Maryland last night. I had two other dealerships around the area fighting for my business. My final price was $18,550 + TTL. Eventhough I live in VA, I travelled 30 miles to MD to purchase the vehicle. It came down to the difference in processing fee(VA-$449, MD-$100) eventually. My OTD price was $20K even. Great service too, I might add.
  • eurobelleeurobelle Member Posts: 3
    Hi- I am looking to buy an Accord within the next 7-10 days and I saw your excellent posts. I was wondering what made you decide on the SE? I am assuming you compared SE, EX-L, and EX-L V6.

Also, how did you get the dealer down to $19,600? I looked at the Zag Amex page and it says the dealer cost is $21,280. Is that not an accurate number? Please share your wisdom.. you are clearly a great negotiator!

At that price, how did you get them to include floor mats, wheels locks, oil changes and first service?

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.
    I have bought 3 Honda Care policies from Saccuci and have never had a problem.
    When I turned in my vehicles at the end of the leases they sent my refunds for any months/miles still remaining.
    I am not crazy about Bernardi because they do not put their inventory on their web site.
    edited February 2011
    I am hoping to find a 2011 Coupe EX-L V6 6M w/Navigation, Sam Marino Red/Ivory in New England before the end of the month to take advantage of the 1.9% financing.

Has anyone seen this vehicle on a dealers lot?
    I used zip code 20874 to start. It gave me three dealers. But then I used the internet to contact other dealers. Wound up buying through oursiman Honda in MD. I chose the SE because I didn't need a sunroof. The SE is plush, rides great.

After I received all the offers, I went back to each dealer one more time to get their best and final offer. OURSIMAN won and they kept to their word on price.
    HI Sammy K - how did you get such a great price? Could you share? was it an LX or SE with leather? I just got a price of $19,600 +TTL bought it a few days ago? Wondering if there is any extra incentive money out there?

Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the ride.
    1sebringnow and corkscrew thanks for your responses. I have started the process to cancel the extended warranty. The dealer is saying that it takes 12-14 weeks to get refund for the canceled warranty, is this normal?

1sebringnow regarding the quotes I got for the extended warranty sacucci and Bernadi quoted the exact same price. For 6 years 80K miles (which is what I expect I will use). It has a $0 deductible. The price quoted was $640. This is in comparison to the $2200 that I paid for the Performance First extended warranty with a $100 deductible!!!

Other than the extended warranty the purchase experience at Criswell Honda was pretty good. Dominique the sales person I worked with was pretty good. Even the extended warranty was not too much pressure, it was just my ignorance that made me buy the extended warranty. But thanks to this forum I hope to cancel the obscenely expensive warranty that I bought.
    The model I purchased was an SE which comes with leather. I bought it from Shockley Honda in Frederick. I had two other dealerships, both Leesburg and Criswell trying to beat each others offer and had Shockley beat the best offer from the two by $100. When neither Leesburg nor Criswell were willing beat that final price, I went with Shockley's offer. This whole process took about a week but I'm glad I got what I wanted. I used AMEX car buying service to get a starting point of negotiation. It offered the same vehicle at $19700 I believe. I never thought I could save more than a thousand from that price but once they all figured out that I was a serious buyer, they kept going at each other. Enjoy your ride as well.
  • chickennuggetzchickennuggetz Member Posts: 13
    I got a quote for a 2011 LX-P (MSRP$ 23,730) at OTD $21,484.82 in los angeles area (9.75% sales tax). Rep said price reflects $1,800 below invoice. Is it a good deal? Thanks!
  • leggyleggy Member Posts: 45
    chickennuggetz

Try Scott Robinson in Torrance. I purchased Cvici from them last month and even beat truecar.com lowest price> Had great experience with them. Ask for Tony Kim.
    Check truecar.com price and find out who are the dealers and contact them get the lowest price from them (negotiate 2-3 dealers back and forth and you hit rock buttom price) then contact Scott Robinson and requst a quote and whatever you get you tell them you have it for so and so.
    Post back your experience.
    Good luck
    Thanks sammyK2. That is an awesome deal. BTW the absolute best I could do in CT was $21,000. No other dealership in the area would go below it. THen I contacted succuci in RI, and they were at $20,800 before taxes and Reg. ATIMAN in MA came in at $20,500 before taxes and Reg. Finally, I also used the AMEX as a starting point for the Maryland, VA dealerships, Criswell wouldn't budge below the AMEX price, OURSIMAN in MD did. I was able to get all-season mats, wheel locks, and all kinds of trim for the car at the $19,600 price- but not certainly not worth the $1,000 you saved. Proves that being patient saves the consumer money, but also shows that these invoice prices and the "real price" is very negotiable. I am happy with my deal, but a $1000 is a $1000 all day long. Enjoy the ride - it really is a great car. Rides so much better than the 06 accord I had. I took out a bunch of 2010's and even though it is the same style, still rides better.
    Hi Eurobelle:

Hopefully by now you are seeing a few posts that detail prices! As good as a deal as I received, you can save about $1,000 more. Be patient, use AMEX as a starting point and then wait. I contacted a number of dealers - but not Shockley in Federick in MD. Criswell, MD stopped at $19700 with me. But kept going lower for another buyer. I bought from oursiman in MD, But, while negotiated, i wanted a number of things thrown in the deal. They gave me my first oil change for free and then the first major service. Reality is, the first major service is installation of two filters. The cost to buy them together is $25.00. It will take you about 10 minutes to replace the air and cabin filter. Save yourself about $150.00...

I mentioned before that I bought the SE over the EX-L because for about $3,000 you get a sunroof, internal blue tooth, XM hookup and bigger wheels. The only thing I wanted out of these four items was the blue tooth. I didn't want to pay for radio and the sunroof is like a hot tub, you might use it for a while, but in the end, it is just a nice to have for me. I was able to get a negotiated price of $22,750 for an EXL from both OURSIMAN and CRISWELL. Went with the SE and am happy. Would have been a lot happier to save another $1,000 though.

Good luck with the buying experience and never be afraid to walk in the end!
  • mack9mack9 Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2011
    According to this blog, http://hondavehicles.blogspot.com/2011/02/confirmed-honda-accord-crosstour-4.htm- - l , there's a 4-cylinder option confirmed for the 2012 Crosstour ... just letting you guys know a headsup in case anyone's interested! I myself am in the market for an Accord and I'm swaying between an EX Accord Sedan V6 or a base Crosstour 4WD, but if the price is right on the 4-cylinder, I'm definitely going for it!
  • eurobelleeurobelle Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for all your advice. I am in the process of negotiating on a V6. We will see where it ends up, and I'll post my results!
    Thanks for your info! Did try truecar.com and got back some OTD quotes. They were all above $22,000 OTD even though they said $1,850 below invoice..
  • chipc1chipc1 Member Posts: 9
    Got a quote in the Boston area dealer

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L Automatic
    MSRP$28105
    Discounted Internet Price$22846

Good deal? It looks like it's below invoice.
  • psycultpsycult Member Posts: 2
    That seems a good deal. Where did you get the quote.
    I was down to $22,700 in MD. You must be dealing with ATIMAIN in MA? Bet if you push, you can knock another $1,000 off. Tell them you need to be wowed and you'll buy!
  • chipc1chipc1 Member Posts: 9
    Atamian Honda in Tewksbury, MA. It was the beal deal I could find around. I floated the same deal around but they couldn't touch it.

Signed the deal today. Johnny was great to deal with.
  • psycultpsycult Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for good information. How did you pay for that? Did you include loan? I heard that there is an intensitve of $500 from Honda if using Honda Finance.
    There is a $500 max waiver for the first month payment if a member also owns a Honda in the same household (same address). It is not advertised anywhere but dealers will tell you if you ask. There is no cash back incentive though if you pay cash.
  • highcastlehighcastle Member Posts: 3
    $21,850.00 Honda Sale Price
    +$750.00 Honda Destination Charge
    +$1412.50 Sales tax at 6.25% Massachusetts
    +$100.00 Title and Registration/Plate Transfer ($125 if you will be getting new plates)
    +$299.00 Documentation Fee
    +$ 0.00 (inc. Lifetime Warranty & 2 year or 25,000 mile maintenance plan)
    $24436.50Total cost to you (includes sales tax and all fees).............with Honda financing .9% ( 24-36 mos) 1.9% (37-60 mos) for qualified buyers.

Silko Honda - Taunton
    Sales initially quoted a 2011 Accord LX-P (MSRP$ 23,730) at OTD$21,484.82 and said to have the car ready for our meeting. However, when we ran the 0.9% 36-month financing with him, we found the total adding up to a much higher number. Then sales rep said it was a mistake and he was thinking about an LX when he made the quote since my initial inquiry in the chain email was referring to an LX. I then changed to inquire about LX-P in the middle of the chain email but his mind kept stuck in the LX while responding.

He didn't honor it and used inappropriate language "..it's in plain English.." to make us feel like we don't read English well. However, I argued that my question was very clear in the email "Do we have a deal for a 2011 LX-Premium (MSRP $23,730) with (.. desired colors..) at OTD $21,484.82" and he said yes and repeated the price and same descriptions of the car ready when we meet.

Anyway, we drove out of the parking spot preparing to leave. Another rep came out to ask what happened. We said we had problem with the first rep's use of language. The second rep wanted to work on it. We kept staying in our car instead of going into his office. Finally, he was only willing to come down to an LX (MSRP $22,730) at OTD $21,211.50 (tax@9.75%). Since we were able to use the Honda financing waiver of $500 for the first month, if we want to get out of the loan in a week, our total cash price will be $20,720 and we earn points on our $5,000 down payment using our credit card.
  • btpd327btpd327 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2011
    Can someone tell me if this is a good deal on a Brand New 2011 Honda Accord 4doors V6 with Navigation in White Diamond Pearl.

MSRP including ($750) Destination fee $32,380
    Best Price I rec'd from a local South Jersey Dealership is $27,800 including destination fee. Is that a good price ??? Thanks in advance

I would get the 1.9% finance for 60 months.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    After the lying & inappropriate language used, why on earth would you even consider buying from that dealership? I'd be on the net letting others know what schmucks these folks are...something like Kudzu...word of mouth is a very powerful tool. Hopefully you'll find the car y'all want at an acceptable price from a reputable dealer. They abused you once already, please don't let them do it again. Just seeing it parked at your house every day will be a constant reminder of what they put you through.

Good luck with your purchase!! :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I just want to clarify that my price of $18500 did not include $750 for freight. Therefore, your deal was in fact a good one as well since yours included other extras and mine didn't. I was assisting someone in the forum in purchasing an SE and came across the difference in price. I hope this clarifies for the misunderstanding.
    Thanks Sandman for your message! My relative's car was totaled and her rental car was due on Feb 9. We were kind of in need for a car before Feb 9 and it came his quote! We met in the Superbowl Sunday morning to buy this car. We wouldn't want to make a purchase after his lying if time wasn't pressing.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    My intention is not to make you feel bad. First, I can't believe the dealer did you that way and was rude, to beat. I would have walked away from him and never looked back, but that is my personality. I hope you enjoy your car.
    Thanks SammyK2. THe best part is that we both did thousands better than those folks who bought in CT. Based upon my buying experience in Maryland, I would buy down there in a heartbeat and drive the car back to to Ct again. It was simply a far better experience than I ever had and the OURSIMAN dealership in MD and the internet sales manager made it that way.

Everyone that I dealt with was professional, and best of all there was no fibbing or tricks... But, I did agree to everything before I got there. And everything I agree to came true. Enjoy your SE! I am enjoying mine very much.
  • alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2011
    I would suggest using Amex or Zag to get pricing from a car dealership in Germantown, MD, using their zip 20874. If it's too far for you than use their quote to get a local price match. I am tempted to come down from Texas and buy a car from them. They had 2010 EX V6 w/Nav for 25,382 in late January 2010. The dealership rhymes with the word "well". Nothing but rave reviews of their dealing with customers! Good luck!
  • ldp1963ldp1963 Member Posts: 5
    Hello all. I had twelve fantastic years with my first Accord, but I've spent the last six in the wilderness with a Passat that's been one problem after another. I hate having to buy a car, but I'm at the end of my rope, and at least this time I'll be smart and get another Accord.

So, I'm in Cincinnati, and I'm wondering if anyone within, say, a 100-mile radius has purchased a 2011 Accord EX-L v6. If so, were you satisfied with experience? What kind of price did you get?
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with our situation!

I haven't tried her new Accord yet. But I'm considering sending a complaint to the General Manager of the dealer who sent me a follow-up email about our purchase.

The price of this 2011 Accord LX (MSRP $22,730) was $18,959.81 before tax and about $400 fees and it was the lowest quote we got before we saw the bad quote from this dealer (in Los Angeles). Not sure if there are better deals out there that we might have missed due to our rush to get a new car for the replacement.