Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Y'all are better people than I am I guess...I just refuse to ever deal with folks that lie, cheat or are rude to me...ain't gonna happen! I understand there was a timing issue here but to reward them for unacceptable behavior...don't get it.
    But it's a done deal so time to move on & enjoy the drive. Good luck to all of y'all.

The Sandman :confuse: :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• KettyKetty Member Posts: 14
    I am still undecided what model I want. I currently have 2002 Accord but thought I might try the CIVIC with NAV but my daughter says I would be unhappy with Civic after having the Accord. Received a quote today for Accord EX - $20,,955 in MA ....this is the first time I received a quote after a test drive. Is it the best I can do? Has anyone purchased NAV....is it worth the extra money? The 2011 CIVIC is smaller than the Accord but it doesn't seem that much smaller than my 2002 Accord
  • KettyKetty Member Posts: 14
    I understand Honda is offering .9% for 36 mos and 1.9% for 60 mos for certain credit checks. Has anyone qualified or is this a way for dealerships to make money by saying you don't qualify and insist on a higher rate? I have had 2 loans with Honda Finance and paid both off at least a year early. Can everyone who is financing share their thoughts with me about who qualifies and the criteria?
  • chickennuggetzchickennuggetz Member Posts: 13
    It's a real thing offered by Honda, not the dealers. My relative just did one loan approved for a loan amount of $16,211.50, 0.9% 24 months. Monthly payment is $682 and total financing charge is only $158. If you decide to get out of the loan, say next week, you don't have any pre-payment penalty. Since you have an Accord in the same house, you may be qualified for the first month payment waiver up to $500. This waiver comes from Honda and you can ask your dealer about it. It becomes cheaper using financing vs cash if you can max out the $500 monthly pmt.
    We didn't use the online pre-approval from Honda but no harm for you to be pre-qualified by Honda first:
    http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/planning/planning.asp
    You can use the pre-approval with any Honda dealers with better prices.
    Good luck!
  • minghiminghi Member Posts: 24
    I found excellent pricing at the germantown, md Pohanka dealer. How much doc fee did they charge if you don't mind? thank you.
  • esarrattesarratt Member Posts: 2
    Rare bird, but don't let the salespeople tell you that. I am seeking a similar vehicle sans navi. When I heard that what I wanted was hard to come by I decided to drive up to two days from my home and that opened up a whole new world of dealers with the car. Best way I have found to locate vehicles is to use cars.com. The ones listed for $32,480 and "Not Priced" are going to be the navi versions. There look to be 5-10 on the site currently, not sure if they are ivory interior though.

Next place to look is to start emailing individual dealerships. I just made a quick email stating what I wanted and plastered them with it in the states around my home. Turns out that dealers do not always have models on their website and cars.com does not know about everything in existence.

After doing all of the above I came up with many, many dealerships who had the car I wanted and could begin bargaining. If they think that you believe they have the upper hand they will take your money. Be willing to drive and that price comes right down!
  • esarrattesarratt Member Posts: 2
    Truecar.com is giving inaccurate data on its recent sales data bar graph about prices paid. Check it out for yourself.

Choose a 2011 Honda Accord Coupe in any style. Now click recent sales and then click national. Now highlight the first five bars on the left side and note the number of purchases and the price range of those purchases.

Now change the style from say 4 cylinder to V6 and click recent sales and then click national again. Now highlight the first five bars on the left side again and note the number of purchases and the price range.

The number of purchases STAYS THE SAME, but the price changes depending on the style of vehicle you choose! This website is totally useless to determine historical price. Someone ought to sue the snot out of them for this scam!!!

I checked it for Mercedes C Class and Nissan 370 Z. Same results. Spread the word. Truecar is useless!

• rog2867rog2867 Member Posts: 34
    Just purchased from RT 23 Honda in NJ a 2011 EX-L v6 nav for 26200.
    edited February 2011
    A special thanks to 'psycult' post no: 25898 at the top of this page. Your post gave me the last push towards the accord (I was confused whether to get an accord or the new jetta)

So, I drove to Pohanka, VA today and got an lx 5spd for $309/mo + $1500 down payment for 5yrs. I was too excited to hear an additional $500 incentive they were offering once I got there.

$17,424 (truecar 20874)
    - $500 (credit for current honda owners from honda financial)
    - $500 (not exactly clear why but i was too happy to hear, so i didn't ask)
    + $399 (doc fee)
    + $300 (tags/registration)
    + $199 (Don't ask me why; I was a bit tired/hungry & stupid to fall for this)
    + $599 (Honda financial's GAP insurance)
    + $1210 (NJ state taxes)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - ---------------------
    $19,131
    -$1500 (down payment)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - ---------------------
    $17,631 @ 1.9% apr for 5 years = $309/month

Overall process was very smooth and painless, just make sure you do your homework (calculate the numbers) before you go there. an app on your android/iphone will help (i downloaded one today as i always get uncomfortable when dealing with a finance manager lol - I was able to punch in the numbers and check right there).

Drove back this evening (3 hrs) and am feeling fine. I heard a lot about the bad seats giving a backache. I kinda feel the seats are hard like a solid bench with some cushion but I'll surely get used to it as my previous car was no better. If you are used to economy cars, you will be fine. Its hard to tell this during the test drive though. Also, there was lot of road noise on those cement roads; on regular tar roads, it was smooth as butter. Wind noise was minimal too. nothing to distract you. the base engine is powerful enough for regular purposes. highway cruising is what it does best. I put exactly 300 miles on it today and the gas needle is still above the center.

And please remember not to fall for the window etching fee like me. The GAP insurance is upto you (your credit union might be cheaper but they may not refund the unused prorated value if you decide to cancel it, say a year later). Do some research before you go.
    How did I do? (minus the GAP/window etch fee)
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    For anyone buying in Virginia who lives in another state. Dealers in Maryland only attempt to charge $99 for the documentation fee. Virginia dealers, expecially those near Maryland, know this. My experience is those Virginia dealers will quickly reduce the documentation fee they attempt to charge to $199.

Of course a savy buyer will simply state the price they will pay for the vehicle is $XXXXX and clearly state that price includes any documentation fee (which is nothing but clear profit to the dealer). Hard for me to believe anyone would actually pay a dealer $399 for nothing.

Also, anyone looking for a Honda vehicle in the DC area should definitely give Criswell, Sport and Pohanka Honda a chance. I have found those three to offer the best and most stessless purchase experience.
  • alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    The best deals that I have seen are from a dealers in MD and most have gotten great prices from a dealer in German Town, MD. They can always get your a vehicle you want by swapping it with another dealer or preferencing it on their next allocation. Try using Amex/Zag with VA or MD zip codes to get great prices.
  • r_pr_p Member Posts: 3
    Dealer told me that the up-to $500 credit on first payment is a Honda owner loyalty program and is only available if I have the coupon

Any idea on where to get that coupon? I did purchase a new honda 2 years ago (but did not finance it)
    I don't think you need any coupon (or if it exists). My relative just bought a Honda Accord on Superbowl Sunday. I was there with her. What she had with her was just the purchase agreement of the older Honda that has the same address. The finance guy was looking at the loyalty requirements on his paper and he said that was enough. Paper was signed with the $500 waived.

Email other dealers about this program and bring the answer back to the dealer you want to buy your car from.
    I second that no coupon is needed. just tell them if they read the instructions for the program, all it asks for is a copy of your current registration. Also i believe the car has to have current registration in your name or anyone with the same address
  • geocgeoc Member Posts: 15
    I4, A/T in the metro NY area, also considering the Altima which seems to be discounted more than the Accord.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Your preference is what should matter regarding how the car drives and what your are comfortable with. The Nissan has pro's just like the Honda's. Loyal Honda folks will say are you nuts for thinking about the Nissan and you'll hear the vise-versa comments.

To me, I am the best bang for the dollar type. My suggestion if you are this type than you'll know Honda's have better resale and reliability issues overall. Honda's also tend to be better rated than Nissan's in consumer reports - particularly the Accord.

If you go to AMEX ZAG. com, pop in ZIPCODE 20874 and choose the ACCORD, you'll see a nice starting point for an ACCORD - and I know you can do better than that. Good luck with your car search -.

BTW, I did sort of the same thing - looked at the altima - I bought an SE Accord and am very pleased thus far with the car.
    Consumer Report's mid size car suggestion is Altima, but I am in agreement with you that Accord has the best resale value and very solid reliability. I am still considering Sonata due to its outstanding warranty but its an introductory model and I had problems with my intro 2003 Accord EX V6 transmission and it had to be replaced at 70k!
    Sonata is a very nice looking car - I was going to buy one, but my mechanic talked me out of it. One other point, the 2011 Honda's are in their third year and again, its the reliability thing that drove me that way. I took a Camry for a drive, and it was nice. You might want to rent a Sonata for a day or two or Altima from a Car rental company, just to see what they are like for an entire day.

I took a Honda Accord LX out and found the seats to be too loose for me. Felt like my but was going to go through the floor. Then I took out a Camry, then went back to a Honda SE and EXL. Wound up buying the SE. I will say that if the Toyota dealer wanted to deal a bit harder, I would have considered it. The Nissan is a 150 K mile car, but I wanted something I knew would get 200K miles on it all day long.

Have fun with the search! I bought my car from OURISMAN Honda in Bethesday, MD. I live in CT and had no issues with them buying down there. I was close to buying at Criswell in MD, but OURSIMAN beat them by a few hundred bucks. It was one of the best experiences I ever had. Saved a good 1,500 bucks of what you could buy in CT and $800 in Mass.
    1sebring,

Did you handle this by phone, email or ?
    I have driven an Accord sedan and a Camry, not the Altima, yet. OTOH, this is for an 18yo son going to college.
    Want something safe, solid and reliable but, not flashy. Decent with gas and insurance.
    I handled it by email, then phone, and finally I showed up signed some paper work (took about 40 minutes, and then drove the car home.) I used Amexzag.com as a starting point. I had three dealers on the phone with me in a few minutes after I sent the email out. I used 20874 as the ZIP Code - you'll find that the AMEX website will tell you that is the best dealer price in the nation. CRISWELL in MD went at Pohenka in VA pretty hard. But I called a few other Honda Dealers in Maryland and OURISMAN beat Criswell by a few hundred dollars. In between the emails and phone calls, most if not all of it was done by not showing up. I had already done a few test drives and knew what i wanted to buy.

I am sure CRISWELL would have been great to buy from, but OURISMAN was equally as great if not better. I bought an SE, not quite an EXL, but I really didn't want a sun roof. For an 18 year old, safe, nice car that is pretty decent on gas.

I bought mine for $19,658 before taxes and title. The seats are leather and it really is quite a nice ride for a non EX Honda Accord. The car rides great, ALSO if you are a honda owner, you can get up to $500 more off. Another blogger said Shockley in MD also beat Criswell, so you have some options if you want to go with a Honda. As for insurance, this car is cheaper to insure than the 2006 Accord EX that I replaced by a few hundred dollars a year. Might suggest giving AMICA insurance a call there. Best wishes to you on whatever path you choose. btw, This car will be my sons car when he goes to college......
    Thanks, I appreciate the info. Don't know if the $500 applies to Acura, never owned a Honda but, have a '10 TL.
    Honda ownes Acura - So I would say that you should be okay on the $500 bucks. I also just bought a Lexus for my wife - and the dealer gave me a$1,000 for being a BMW owner. The thing is I am not, nor have I ever owned a BMW! Bottom line is, that dealers have money to play with either way and you should be the beneficary of it come time to negotiate. You do own a Honda product, just a higher end one is all...

I am sure you'll make an outstanding choice. You can't go wrong buying any of the cars you mentioned. But you may want to call your insurance company and see what the differential in costs are just to be sure as every carrier has there own funky way to determine risk.
    edited February 2011
    OK, the finance manager from the VA dealership called today ('11 accord lx 5spd) and said the numbers from my purchase last week were wrong and there's only one $500 customer incentive (The second $500 incentive for previous Honda owners does not get subtracted in the buyer's order but instead Honda pays for it. (I thought dealer's know the drill regarding this incentive????????). anyway my numbers have changed. here's the new numbers

purchase price 17424
    tax 1261
    tags/registration(NJ) 270
    doc fee (pretty high) 399
    gap insurance (optional) 595
    window etch(optional) 199
    ----------------------------------------
    total 20148
    customer incentive - 500 (unadvertised)
    down payment - 1500
    ----------------------------------------
    amount financed 18148
    paymt 3yr at 0.9% 511
    first month payment -> $11 (Honda pays $500 if financed (no cash purchase)
    ---------------------------------------
    Total cost of the car -19386

If I didn't fall for the window etch fee at 199 or take GAP insurance at 595, my total payments would have been $18,600. Note that GAP can be cancelled anytime during the life of the loan and a prorated fee will be given back.

Overall I think I just did OK since I didn't check out CRISWELL/OURISMAN/Shockley dealers around that area like 1sebringnow mentioned. Also the purchase in Maryland would have been sweet with $99 doc fee instead of $399. Haste makes waste lol
  • kkoneokkoneo Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys

Just stumbled upon this website and its been invaluable so far! Thanks in Advance. I am in Texas and looking to purchase a Honda SE or EX-L. So far this is the best price I have gotten for an SE any color I choose: $19718 + 6.25% tax (1232) = $20950 + approx $300 dollars in other fees .

Can anyone comment on this? Is this a good deal? I feel like I can get it a few hundred dollars cheaper. Thanks!
    edited February 2011
    Have you Tried the Honda Cars of McKinney, TX? The internet mgr. is the person I would deal with and his initials are RR. There is up to $500 reimburesment on 1st payt. from Honda if financed thru them. Previous poster mentioned additional up front 500 factory incentive.

I think $19,700 is a very decent price for Accord SE auto 4 dr sedan, and if you add document fee of 125 plus 175 for title and license, its a good deal!

Try using Amex/Zag (for Criswell Honda in MD), but it will not work for TX since the new car dealers assoc. here is like a cartel that does NOT allow the internet services to offer low prices, you have to haggle with them!
    edited February 2011
    thanks for the response -- Is there a place I can get the instructions to the program myself? The finance guy at the dealership said he needs to attach the coupon to the loan application. I called honda financial and they said to speak to the dealer about the details.
    I actually got this quote from Honda Cars of McKinney. Do you know how much room they usually have to haggle?

I got a quote from another e commerce guy from them that was $200 less so I think I should be able to get at least that much off the price I mentioned already.
    Sorry I wouldn't know anything about a coupon. All my finance manager did was make a copy of my current registration and attached it to the bunch of papers she was going to send to American Honda finance. She also wrote on the purchase order that the first payment will be made by AHF since the buyer is a current Honda owner and proof of ownership is attached. I just had to write a check for $11 to them since my payment is $511 and 35 payments would be remaining. Here's other dealership links where they don't mention anything about coupons

http://www.terryleehonda.com/-500-first-payment-offer-from-honda.htm
    http://specials.hagerstownhonda.com/let-honda-pay-your-first-500-worth-of-accord- -or-pilot-payments
  • rl newbierl newbie Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2011
    ROG: Your 26,200 seems really good. The best they would quote me at RT 23 was

$26,750 (EX-L V6 Nav)
    $ 750 (dest charge)
    $ 249 (doc fee)
    plus tax and motor vehicle charge

Did you get something special besides the $1,000 dealer cash?
    Who did you buy from?

Thanks.
    Just searched and found some Honda coupons on a few dealers' facebook websites. You can google with the word "facebook" and your dealer's name to see if they have their facebook account, then click to see if you find any coupon link there. Also google your dealer's name with the word "coupon" to see if you find anything. I found some using these keywords. Good luck!
  • skuraskura Member Posts: 3
    After research of 2+ weeks and a debate between various Honda Accord Models & Toyota Camry finally I purchased 2011 Honda LX-P in MA yesterday. Here is the breakdown of the purchase price.

$18980.00 (Base Price)
    $ 1186.25 (MA 6.25% sales Tax)
    $ 299.99 (Doc Fee)
    $ 154.00 (Reg, Title, Inspection)
    --------------
    $20619.25 (OTD)
    $ 500.00 (Honda Loyalty Discount)
    --------------
    $20119.25 ( I also got the 0.9%APR for 36months from Honda Finance)

I was getting the same car for $560 less in Maryland, but I felt the difference was not worth a 7 hour drive (500 miles) back.

I would like to thank all the members for sharing their shopping experience which reduced the stress in car purchase experience, especially 1sebringnow, sammyk2 & kajiv.

For anyone considering 2011 Honda Accord LX, LX-P, SE the following is the best price I have seen in this forum.
    LX : $17,800 + taxes (6.25%) + Reg & Title + Doc. Fee (299)= $19340 (Msg # 25838)
    LX-P : $18,640 + taxes (6.25%) + Reg & Title + Doc. Fee (100)= $20059 (I got this from a MD dealer)
    SE : $19,300 + taxes (3%) + Reg & Title + Doc. Fee = $20000 (Msg # 25875)

The dealer where I purchased the vehicle was clueless about the "Honda Loyalty Program" which seems to be available starting Feb 4th. I had to show the postings from this forum to force them to do the research. BTW the same dealer was influencing me to take 5.99%APR to get a break in the price, so I wonder whether there is a conflict of interest.

I hope this helps.
  • lynnwaterlynnwater Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for sharing the information. I am looking at LX.

In Feb, there is a manufacturer to consumer cash bonus of $500, did the dealer mention that to you? Should it deduct OTD price or is it already factored in base price?

Thanks so much.
    All the incentives seems to be included in the base price. According to them this is the best price they can offer including all the incentives.

When I was initially considering LX, they were quoting $18087 which is about $300 more than they sold to another customer in Dec 2010. According to them they cannot match that price since the incentives were different at that time. I did not have a way to verify the same, but no other dealer was willing to match their price of $18087.
  • ldp1963ldp1963 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at the EX-L v6 sedan, in the Cincinnati area. I've received a few offers, with the lowest being $25,200. This seems like a really good price, no? Or am I missing something?
    Who did you purchase from? I wonder if we're talking to the same dealer? I'm in MA as well & talking to Weymouth Honda
    I purchased it from ATAMIAN Honda in Tewksbury.
  • ptb119ptb119 Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I am currently looking to purchase a 2011 Honda Accord EX 4cyl. I received the quote below from a local va a dealership. This would be my 3rd honda purchase from the same dealership and they know this. Therefore, what are your thought on the quote below:

List Price $25,655.00
    Your price $20,375.00* (price includes destination and appearance package.)
    Processing fee $385.00
    Va tax $676.10
    Va tags $92.50
    Process fee $385.00
    Total (OTD) $22,096.60

How can I negotiate a better deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    First... check the math, because that doesn't add up....

Second.. processing fee is in there twice...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Try amexzag.com and put 20874 in as the zipcode. if you have an email with that price quote, try criswell, ourisman, and shockley honda stores in MD. Contact their internet departments. Processing fee's in md are a 100 bucks. That is it. I also suggest that you ask for all season mats and the first major service included in the deal. You should be saving more with an additional 1000 on the table from honda. 500 cust cash and 500 first months payment if financing... Happy negotiating!
  • nate6290nate6290 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all who have posted their buying experiences here. It was a tremendous help in making my purchase.

After calling 12 Honda dealers in the VA/MD/DC area, the best price I got for a 2011 Honda Accord SE was from Ourisman in Bethesda, MD. Shockley in Frederick wouldn't come close to the $20K OTD price that was mentioned by someone in a previous post. After a couple calls back and forth, Ourisman came the closest.

When we showed up, the salesman (Robert DeCampli) had the paperwork ready, and the price was as discussed on the phone. No tricks, gimmicks, or bait-n-switch. He delivered as promised.

On top of the great price, we got Honda's 1.9% financing and they cover the first car payment.

I almost went to Carmax and bought a used Accord because I hate new car negotiations. But Ourisman made it very painless with no hard pressure on upgrades or options.
    What was your total OTD price? I just purchased a 2011 SE for $21600 OTD but I think the sales tax and doc fee over there are less than what we have to pay in TX.

I think I got an ok deal, maybe could have been a little better but needed the car urgent. Thanks everyone for all the info!
    Here is a breakdown of what I paid:

$19558 Base price (included all season mats and wheel locks)
    100 accessories (mud guards, door and fender protection, edge guards)
    100 Doc Fee
    199 Exterior Simonize Teflon Treatment
    195 (reg and plates)
    1197.42 tax

Total OTD 21349.42

I bought 1/27/2010 before the $500 extra loyaty cash and up to $500 first months payment.

You still got a great deal. Enjoy your car, I have never been so happy driving mine. It blows away the ride from my 2006 Accord EX.

I am installing a Bluetooth in it though - I didn't want the sunroof. making my decision on it soon. Happy and healthy driving to you and your family.
  • astrophyastrophy Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up a 2011 EX-L in Kansas City (66061).

Black with Ivory/Tan interior

$24,000 including all fees
    They then paid the first payment ~ $430.

Overall out the door cost was $23,570 before sales tax.
    It would very helpful if the final sales price before TTL and doc. fees would be provided, since OTD is only valid, if you are in same city and even then the doc. fees varies by dealership.

Congratulations, final OTD of $23.5k seems like a great price for an EX-L!
    I had two prices negotiated - one on an SE and one on an EX-L. I choose the SE and that was at 19,658 and that included $100 dock fee in MD. I added a few items (accessories and simonize). I also had a price for and EX-L negotiated for $22,600 including $100 dock fee. I bought from ourisman, MD. Criswell was in the game, but didn't want to give a bit more. They did give 8 oil changes, but Ourisman gave me the first oil change and the first major service for free as well.

I believe your price OTDD for an EX-L was great. Simply a great car. Enjoy.
  • astrophyastrophy Member Posts: 3
    To be honest I'd have to dig and see. I first got an online quote from all the dealerships in Kansas City and was able to get $24,000 OTD. Which made them pretty grumpy! I believe the dealer administration fee was $230, so the price paid before those fees would be $23,770, then you would subtract $420 for the Honda pays the first payment. So the price would be $23,350 and a free oil change.

The American Express car buying (zag.com) from my zip code was $24,250, but I'm not sure if that also includes the dealer fees. Can someone explain why Zag quotes Virgina & Massachusetts about $700 lower?
  • falashanfalashan Member Posts: 22
    A dealer just ordered a 2011 EX-L V6 6MT coupe w/navigation for me in Massachusetts for $26,586 plus tax, title and docs.
    Since I will pay the tax and doc fees on delivery I will be financing $26,586 at 0.9% for 48 months; $564.11 a month.
    The vehicle is due to be built 3/25-3/30 for delivery in early April.
    It is not too late to negotiate; has anyone done better? :)
  • danamal13danamal13 Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2011
    I purchased a 2011 ex-L 4 cylinder automatic coupe MSRP $27855 today for $23,076 plus tax and tags,it's in the driveway as I write this and Honda in my area offers 0.90 financing for sixty months.
    Very good deal and the wife ,loves her car,Philadelphia,PA area.
  • kingrkingr Member Posts: 62
    Can you tell me what dealer you ordered your coupe from, That is a great price!

Thanks
  • falashanfalashan Member Posts: 22
    Weymouth Honda in Weymouth, MA

The internet contact is Andrew Gordon.