Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• like2innovatelike2innovate Member Posts: 1
    Did anybody here buy an Accord SE in Illinois ? If so, can you please state the price of the car and also OTD price and the dealership name ?

The best quote I have right now on the SE is $22,330. Any comments on the quote ?
  • yayar2000yayar2000 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Vikas and Veeren,

Do you two need to pay a processing fee and down payment? Anderson now is asking me to pay a $150 processing fee and $3000 down payment.
  • iyervikas81iyervikas81 Member Posts: 15
    I was not charged anything by Anderson Honda. No processing fee and No down payment. I called dealership and offered them $19876 and then next day picked up the car for the same price. What is the price they are quoting to you.. can you add the split up.
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Lundgren Honda in Auburn,MA on Rt 20 offers a pleasant haggle free shopping experience, they list their new car prices on a big wall inside the dealership ( selling price which includes factory rebates and dealer discount) and everyone pays the same price.
    I bought my Civic there 2 years ago, I was in and out in no time.
  • burkekatburkekat Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2012 accord EX-L sedan with nav. What's the best price I should shoot for. I'm in Cleveland.
  • yayar2000yayar2000 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Viska thanks for the response. They offered $19900+tag+tax+processing fee$150. Plus they asked for $3000 down. May I know if you have very good credit score? Mine dropped after I've been in the market for a while and dealers checked it a few time! So now Anderson gave me a quote of interest rate 5%-8%!
  • johny16johny16 Member Posts: 1
    My wife is looking for an offer on 2012 Honda Accord SE in Houston area. Has anyone recently bought one? Your inputs regarding the price and dealership info will be greatly appreciated!
  • visshvissh Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Vikas... I got the same price with anderson honda. Thanks for posting here...
  • visshvissh Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Vikas... I got the same price with anderson honda. Thanks for posting here...
  • kneehowmakneehowma Member Posts: 17
    I would avoid Honda Cars of Katy. Seems like most dealership in Katy sell their cars at higher price because energy corridor folks live in Katy, and obviously oil service sector has been doing well the past few years. I had good experience with David McDavid and John Eagle Honda. Once you get a quote from one dealer, other dealership will generally match it if not beat it by $100. Accord inventory is not that high and all of them are 2012, so I would wait till year end to get a better deal.
  • veerenveeren Member Posts: 64
    No I did not have to pay processing.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    $24k appears to be a good (but not amazing) price. See http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2232&modelId=1087&trimId=249- - 742&upfrontPricing=Y . I see a price just under $24k available in the Cleveland area. There's currently a $1,500 factory-to-dealer rebate on all '11 V6 Accords. The dealer is likely passing that along in their $24k price quote. Since you now know about that rebate, you can see that the dealer is actually selling the car to you for $269 below invoice (before the $1,500 rebate is passed along to you).

Taking that into consideration, I wouldn't say 24k is the best you could get. E-mail some dealers and ask them for their best price on an '11 Accord EX V6 and see if your dealer will match. Good luck!

Thank you for your response. I am aware of the $1500 incentive from Honda (someone posted that information here a while back).

I forgot about the AMEX. When we bought my wife's CR-V, we printed the quote from AMEX, dropped it off at the dealer with our salesman, and told him, we will be back in 2 hours, after gym, to see what is their answer.

We stopped by after gym, the sales guy probably thought we were bluffing, and said they will price match if we buy right now. I gave him my credit card for the deposit. He was shocked.

I'll take AMEX print out and see what they will do.

Which reminds me of a real event that happened to us. We got one of those "test drive" invitations to get a prepaid Visa card from Mazda. We went in, and were "upped" to this young guy, probably his first week on the sales floor. We told him upfront, we are not interested in buying, and just want for him to sign off. He went to the manager and came back with: "If we sell you the car (Mazda 6) for half the sticker price, would you buy it right now?" I gave him my credit card (to his and my wife's shock). He went back to the manager. Came back out with the manager. Manager said that this was a lesson for the sales guy, to never take "no" as an answer, and that everyone has their price.

I asked him about our Mazda 6 for 50% off... manager just laughed it off. I figured, if we got it for 50% off, I could sell it on ebay or craigslist for 75% of the sticker, and still make money...
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    That tactic actually works sometimes and I used it a couple of times and was successful.

I remember I once had a very flakey customer who spent about three hours on a busy Saturday looking at used cars. I finally landed him a new arrival that I knew would sell quickly.

He wanted to go home, sleep on it, consult his spiritual advisor...the usual.

I got the usual look when I suggested it wouldn't last long so I said, " why don't you offer half price and see what happens"

THAT got his attention! " OK, I'll do that!"

So, I sat him down and wrote up the deal at 50% off the sale price. I wrote " Buyer will buyu it now and will drive it home" and I had him sign that.

Then he asked me..." Do you think they will take that?"

I told him.." Of course not...we both know that, let's see what the manager says"

Of course, the sales manager laughed and took a sharpie and wrote a big question mark on my write up.

" Hey, I tried...at least you know I'm on your side!"

" Well....what WOULD he take"?

" Probably closer to the sale tag...do you mean you'll pay more?"

By this point, he really was committed to buy the car. All I needed was a commitment and I got one. Yes, he did buy the car!
  • wrongedbywylerwrongedbywyler Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a car from this dealer and had a TERRIBLE experience. Arrived to pick up the car and the passenger door had been dented and the paint damaged. After three hours of back and forth, the best the dealer would offer was $150 toward the repair of the car they damaged. It is going to cost me another $350 out of pocket to get it fixed. BEWARE, Dishonest dealers are out there -- and this is one of them. We took the car to two Honda autobody experts and both said there was touch-up paint, in the wrong color, on the car. So they were obviously hoping we wouldn't notice. NEVER buy a car here unless you want to be sorry.
    I can tell you where not to go for your Honda: Cincinnati, OH -- Jeff Wyler Honda of Colerain. I just bought a car from this dealer and had a TERRIBLE experience. Arrived to pick up the car and the passenger door had been dented and the paint damaged. After three hours of back and forth, the best the dealer would offer was $150 toward the repair of the car they damaged. It is going to cost me another $350 out of pocket to get it fixed. BEWARE, Dishonest dealers are out there -- and this is one of them. We took the car to two Honda autobody experts and both said there was touch-up paint, in the wrong color, on the car. So they were obviously hoping we wouldn't notice. NEVER buy a car here unless you want to be SORRY. WE GOT SCREWED.
    edited November 2011
    I guess one post wasn't enough.

A dealer gets attacked on a public forum for something he may or may not have done.

Was this a used car? Was it sold as is?

I am NOT defending this store but one has to wonder what the other side of this story may be or if we have a disgruntled ex employee or a competitor here for the first time.

For a dealer to take a position like this on a NEW car doesn't sound right.
    Dear isellhondas

No this wasn't a used car. It was a brand new Accord EXL with nav ordered from the FACTORY. When I brought the damage to the attention of the JEFF WYLER HONDA OF COLERAIN employees, they claimed they hadn't noticed the vehicle had been damaged within the mere three days since the car had been delivered from Marysville. They offered a mere $150 towards a repair bill that turns out will cost $500 to make perfect (as the car should have been upon delivery). So we are out $350 pure and simple. The two independent Honda autobody experts we had look at the car have told us there is touch up paint on the car. So the dealership was just hoping the could take advantage of us and they wouldn't have to do the right thing. Well, the Better Business Bureau, The Ohio Secretary of State, and the Honda Automotive Corp. Zone Manager will all be calling this dealer to find out why they would treat a formerly loyal Honda customer this way. So there's your other side of the story.
    Well, no...that's YOUR side of the story repeated.

500.00 in damage at today's body shop rates fixes very little so it can't be much damage.

But, by all means, it should be fixed and it shouldn't have been delivered like that.

Hopefully it'll be fixed to your satisfaction.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    You can always refuse to take delivery of the "damaged" vehicle if you were not that happy, right?
  • jamaltjamalt Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much, otoluva! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Well, no...that's YOUR side of the story repeated.

Everyone in here is giving their side of the story... Who else's side can they give?

Wishing and hoping for the other side of the story? Sort of pointless..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I understand completly.

My only point was a business get's slammed and they have no opportunity to respond.

The fact it happened to be a Honda store doesn't matter to me.
    Well... then.. I'll pile on...

They are the worst Honda dealer in the area... they get what they deserve..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2011
    OK, so you have personal knowledge. That's a totally different story and I agree, they deserve to be trashed.

Out of curosity I checked the Google Reviews on that store and I was surprised to see five stars. Our poster here trashed them and give them one star and they had a couple of other poor reviews.

Interestingly enough, almost ALL of the other reviews were five stars.

When I clicked on the names of the five star reviewers, in every case, that was the only review they had ever left.

Interesting.....
  • slinky18slinky18 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Alabama and have gotten quotes from a couple of dealers. $23,453 OTD from a local dealer and $23,568 OTD from one out of town. I told them I was reading online that people were getting them for as little as $20,619 OTD and they told me someone was lying to me. I was wondering if there was some big dealer incentive that ended in October or anything. What do I need to do to get a deal close to what others on here are stating?
    The original poster also has personal knowledge...

If you choose to disregard it, that's fine, but that doesn't make his experience any less valid... nor, does he have to justify it.

These are consumer-oriented forums... that's what we do.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mrnick2004mrnick2004 Member Posts: 4
    On Oct 31, I purchased a 2012 Honda Accord LX for 19950 plus tax, doc fee, and registration. This included a lifetime powertrain, but I also went with this dealer was that the others that were about 100-200 less at the time wanted about the same net for the color that I wanted. I know that prices have dropped $500 since that time, and I expected that; however, my car died and I needed to purchase immediately or fork out money for a rental after dealing with many issues for months. Hence, I would not have saved the $500.
  • ptrw451ptrw451 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for this post. I took the information below to Jab in Valley Honda, Aurora, IL (he is very nice guy indeed). He gave me a pretty deal but his manager wanted to take in my Nissan Quest XE 1997 for maximum $700

Honda Accord 2012 EXL (leather) Sedan 4 cycl 23,994

so I went to Honda of Joliet, IL where they can take my Nissan Quest XE 1997 for $1000. The final out of door price is 24800 (including $1000 trade in). What do you guys think of the deal?

Thanks in advance
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is interested in talking with someone who has bought a car, or intends to buy one in November 2011. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 18, 2011 and include your contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I've bought the Honda Accord 2012 EXL (leather) Sedan 4 cycl for $24800, traded in my Nissan Quest XE van 1997 for $1000 at Honda of Joliet, IL. The sale consultant is Rechard Moffet, very nice guy.
  • hondazzhondazz Member Posts: 2
    24800 is otd before trade-in, right? :confuse:
  • hondazzhondazz Member Posts: 2
    trying to get a 2012 accord ex sedan auto in houston (tx) area. any suggestion about the dealers and price would be very helpful. thanks in adv.
    after trade in, in other words, I financed 24800 after handed over my van to the dealer
  • sadinenisadineni Member Posts: 1
    Hi Vikas,
    Could you tell me Sales Person name of Anderson Honda dealer with whom you spoke and got the deal. I would like to give a call Anderson Honda dealer to get same deal and it would help if you can pass me the Sales Person name so that I can talk hi/her directly..
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    Hello guys,
    I just called and talk to Tim @ Anderson
    But I do not get price any where close to what you guys talking abut
    SE 22,194 OTR OR OTD
    EX 23,323 OTR or OTD

Please email me the break down and sales persons name

VR_55 at yahoo com

Thank you
  • hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24
    I was at Streater Smith about a month ago trying to decide if I wanted to go with EX Civic or Accord. Civic quote was 400 over invoice.

Quote for Accord SE was 22,180 or about 300 under invoice. I received a quote same day from McDavid In Frisco for 20,969. Very good deal but have seen some posts recently that made me question their ethics.

Several people have inquired about the deal at Anderson in Maryland. I was also able to get my Pilot in 2007 for a couple of thousand under invoice and so know these deals happen but it really takes a motivated dealer and timing- Day after an Ice Storm in Dallas as Isellhondas mentioned.

Work several dealers. If you have the option to hold off your purchase do it--Time is always on your side. Prices are regional in nature and in some cases vary widely within a region......Houston area for example where we have about 10 Honda Dealers. Unfortunately many owned by Penske group ie: Honda of Spring, Katy, Lake Jackson etc...and don't seem as motivated to discount....

Keep the up the posts--- I'm close to buying and it really helps to know the deals people are getting
  • dacurafandacurafan Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

I am trying to buy Accord 2011 EX-L w/Nav and received the quote for a dealer who is 50 miles away from where I live for 25500 OTD. Is this a good price? I am about to pull the trigger tomorrow. Do you all think it's good deal. Btw he dose not have the color what I was looking for but the one he has also not a bad color...

Thanks in advance to all.
  • carguy75carguy75 Member Posts: 6
    Sounds real good to me... Is it a demo or used? I paid 26500 for the car plus taxes and fees on top of that 9 months ago.
  • upendrakupendrak Member Posts: 8
    For 2012 Accord SE, what is considered as a reasonable OTD price (tax rate is 7%) in Georgia State?

I have seen OTD prices earlier for 2012 Accord SE on this board as 22194 and 20700. Were these OTD prices?

I am planning to buy one in next few days and was quoted OTD between 24200 to 24900.
    Need advice ASAP as I want to buy one preferably this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
    Upendra
  • bostonbenbostonben Member Posts: 71
    Weymouth Honda posts their Internet prices on their website so I always use them as a benchmark.

Their price for an accord SE is $21631, without any fees. Compare this to the selling price I quoted by your dealer.

Sales tax in Georgia is 8%, $35 DMV and $250 doc? Just guessing on the doc fee.

That means OTD is $23,646. Your price may be a tad high but does not seem unreasonable.

Hope this helps.
  • playboyplayboy Member Posts: 4
    i am lookin for the same in NJ area, did you get it or not?
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    Have an Out-The-Door Price: $ *24,948.11, taxes and fees, only thing missing is the exact cost of tag transfer. This car has cloth and the rest of the standard equipment...Any thoughts if this is a fair price????
  • alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    The more relevant number is the selling price before TTL. Seem like you got it for less than 24k and that is a good price. Can you tell us your selling price.

EX and EX-L are less discounted because they are more in demand. LX and LX-P are more discounted due less demand and I suspect it's 190 HP, larger tires and beefier anti-sway bar on EX that makes it a better vehicle to drive.
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    Gave me a price of $22,800 and $648.50 for fees and profit....Then with tax and tag thats how i got the last post FINAL price.....Really want it a little lower, but i am unsure it at all possible.
  • happy9zhappy9z Member Posts: 4
    What price should I look for this 2012 EX in Orange County, California?
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    The five stars for this dealer is likely from DealerRater.com. My experience with that site is it cannot be trusted. I suspect DealerRater is in cahoots with dealers to some degree.

I placed a very thorough, though negative, review on my experience attempting to purchase vehicle at a Honda dealer in Bethesda, Maryland on DealerRater. I actually got a call from DealerRater to discuss and verify my review. I was very soon suprised to see my review removed from the site. I can only surmise this was due to some action between the Honda dealer and DealerRater.

In any case, dealer reviews on the internet should be viewed with some suspicion, expecially if there are only a couple of reviews.
    You can put in a review right here on Edmunds.. :shades:

See the link below, under Car Reviews

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• allendtwallendtw Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    How is quote -

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sdn NO NAV

car selling price $26088 + tax + doc $55 + DMV

MSRP $30400

Truecar best local price $26591
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    Did you buy the Honda accord EX-L with Nav for the 25,500 out the door? What is the best price I can expect. i'm in the Kansas City area. But can travel to St. Louis or Chicago. Will be paying cash for it.

dacurafan said:
    I am trying to buy Accord 2011 EX-L w/Nav and received the quote for a dealer who is 50 miles away from where I live for 25500 OTD. Is this a good price? I am about to pull the trigger tomorrow. Do you all think it's good deal. Btw he dose not have the color what I was looking for but the one he has also not a bad color...