Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jurdebjurdeb Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell who the salesman was?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,212
    Not in these forums, they can't...

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chefkelchefkel Member Posts: 4
    hey Dark

was that otd price for the accord se 2012 including taxes, title and registration?
  • Options
    btpd327btpd327 Member Posts: 9
    2012 Honda Fit
    Base Auto $15,561
    Sport Auto $17,275

2012 Civic
    Coupe LX Auto $15,895
    Coupe EX Auto $17,382
    Sedan Auto LX $16,085
    Sedan Auto EX $17,382 -Bring it on this price!
    Sedan Auto EXL $19,112

2012 Accord
    Coupe EX Auto $21,227
    Coupe EXL Auto $22,898
    Sedan LX 5 Speed $17,544
    Sedan LX Auto $18,267
    Sedan LXP Auto $19,271
    Sedan EX Auto $20,910
    Sedan EXL Auto $22,795 -Bring it on this price!
    Sedan EXL Nav Auto $24,995
    Sedan EXL V6 Auto $24,959
    Sedan EXL V6 Nav $27,237

The all-new 2012 Honda CRV
    EX 2WD $23,348
    LX AWD $22,560
    EX AWD $24,508
    EXL AWD $26,695
    EXL Res AWD $27,364
    EXL Nav AWD $28,595

2012 Honda Odyssey
    EXL $31,895
    EXL Res $33,345
    Touring $37,936
    Elite $40,395
  • Options
    int2knowint2know Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase two (2) 2012 Honda Accord SE. What is a good price in the San Francisco Bay Area?
  • Options
    int2knowint2know Member Posts: 2
    Did you find a deal on the 2012 SE? If yes, which dealership and what cost & accessories were included?
  • Options
    mrheromrhero Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    thanks for the info.with you info i am planning to buy 2012 Honda Accord SE.let me know what price i can buy before ttl.Does ur SE has any added features for the price 20,354--22000 OTD at Gillman,houston tx .Whom do u approach.give me sales man contact no and tell me best price i can buy
    thanks a lot
    Pawan
  • Options
    hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24
    22000 OTD with No add ons-Mats and tint- You can buy any add ons aftermarket you want and save.

Site prevents disclosure of the Internet salesmans name but if you go on line to Gillman and select location southwest you will get to the right person. Prices may have changed- I bought Christmas Eve and had Honda cash of 500- and some sort of rebate ticket of 750.

From post just recently appears many good deals to be had- Happy Hunting- I love this car by the way :D
  • Options
    jdog826jdog826 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all
    i went to a dealer in staten island today(i live in new jersey) to check out a 2009 accord coupe ex silver. the car was listed on autotrader for 16k. i took it for a test drive and found the car in good shape. the sales team was a little aggressive in trying to get me to put some money down. i was honest and told them this was the first car on my list that i was going to test drive that day. i had mentioned one of the cars i was going to check out was a blue ex. the sales manager told me he was getting in on monday a 2009 coupe blue ex-l with about 25k miles. long story short the offered to sell me the blue ex-l for 17k otd. i would be trading in my 2000 grand am gt which was slowly falling apart on me. i thought this was a good price so i left a few hundred bucks(refundable) to hold the car for me. they asked me to come back on monday after they have a chance to prep it for sale. after i check out the car and find it in good shape i think i'm going to buy it. what do you think? is this a good offer?
  • Options
    satch27satch27 Member Posts: 1
    Currently selling my 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD AT with 58,000 miles. Is $12,500 about what I should get selling on my own?

Thinking of going back to car. Looking at Accord and Kia Optima.
    Any thoughts to lead me either way?
    Might even consider Civic LX or EX.

Any pricing in NJ for each car?
  • Options
    sujansujan Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    I am from Oklahoma and got a quote from a dealership of $19K for Honda Accord LX Automatic 2012.

In Oklahoma TT&L Fee is separate, so I have to pay it separate.

I am asking to all the pros that whether accepting $19k (including documentation fee) is a good idea or not?

Thank you guys for your help.
  • Options
    ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    I'd say $19,000 should be a good price considering I got my 2010 Accord LX-P for $19,700 back in 2010. The difference in price between LX and LX-P is about $1,000.
  • Options
    1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Sadly, consumers just took a huge hit. True Car.com was posting new car prices that fit in the market place - and guess what, the general public could purchase a vehicle without a hassle for hundreds less. I bought a new 2011 Honda Accord SE last year using AMEX Zag as a service - then used the price obtained to go back to internet managers to see if they wanted to sweeten their offers. I would hop onto trueCar and noticed they did an about face and actually showed real costs - helping me lower my final price further. Two months ago, I looked at True Car and their prices were hundred of dollars less than Amex Zag.

In one of the latest auto industry papers, true car has appologized to the auto industry and promises to "be a better website "by telling about a dealers services rather than giving a real honest a goodness vehicle price. Sounds like the consumer just took in where the sun doesn't shine on this one - all for the sake of True car ensuring it receives its precious $299 to $399 finders fee it receives per car when it is sold. Sounds like a lose lose for the the consumer and a win win for the dealer and True car.

So, let your friends know don't use Truecar, use other services. If True car really wants to be fakecar or nonconsumer car, that is what they should be stuck with. Boycott them!!! So, Consumers, please boycott trueCar for the foreseeable future. Consumers finally had a fair ally in their hands, but the dealers have to make the thousands on every car or else, they'll have to shut the lights off. TrueCar is sucking up to them - and not the consumer who "pays their fee".Greed is something that has to stop. Say no to TRUECAR! If you use them now, you are paying too much! Cars.com works just as good now, if you like buying yourself.
  • Options
    1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Please understand that using another web based auto buying service is a personal suggestion. I suggest that consumers can learn first hand about TRUECAR's issues by reading the AUTOMOTIVE NEWS, Feb 6, 2012 edition. The article about TrueCar starts on the front page, goes to Page 3, then page 63.
  • Options
    j06j06 Member Posts: 90
    Low mileage... is it certified ?

I think Metro Honda, Jersey City have many certified used cars and better price than Staten Island Honda.
  • Options
    chs2funchs2fun Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a new car in Chicago area. Should I buy Accord LX-P or Toyota Camry (equivalent model). I am disappointed to know that Accord does not give blue-tooth as standard feature for some reason. Due to recent regulation, it is kind of must and good safety feature. Please give your advise.
  • Options
    npolitenpolite Member Posts: 33
    If you want Bluetooth in your Accord, you have two options. 1) Get an EX-L level if you want it integrated or 2) have an after-market system installed such as the one from Parrot
    http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits.

I'm sure that the new 2013 Accord will follow Toyota and Hyundai in having it as a standard feature. Remember that those models are new and thus have it across their entire lineup where the Accord is on the last year of the current model.

We purchased a Camry as the Accord was too too expensive at the time and we didn't need the leather and sunroof. Would have been a waste just to have bluetooth and wanted something integrated. Now I am actually enjoying the Camry more as the engine feels like it has more torque compared to the Accord.
  • Options
    sam237sam237 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All, I have been trying to find out the best deal for an LX- Automatic base model sedan Honda Accord from various dealers around Dallas and here is finally where I have landed up with. 20,117 dollars drive out with tax, title, destination and handling and any kind of hidden charge included. I also got a loan approved for 5 years with zero down payment. I hope its a good deal. Please tell me what do you guys think.... Thanks!!
  • Options
    sam237sam237 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I know about the dealers who try to rip you off after you negotiate a deal with their add ons. But I really think the security feature must be there as an add-on right? Please let me know about this please. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    thanks for the info.with you info i am planning to buy 2012 Honda Accord .let me know dealer name Whom do u approach.give me sales man contact no
  • Options
    Please include dealer's name?
  • Options
    I am seeing multiple messages with OTD 21.5K. Please suggest me Dealers name in Chicago area and price break-up if some got these deails. Thanks.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota within the last two months. Specifically, he’s most interested in speaking with someone who intentionally held off on buying one of these vehicles last year because the dealer did not have it in stock. If you meet this criteria, please send a brief description of your experience and your contact info to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    cali92cali92 Member Posts: 12
    Any thoughts on if this is a good deal? I thought so but always am unsure!
    36 months/ 12 k miles a year
    coupe LX
    NJ tax 7%
    $249 a month with $1500 out of pocket, Honda gave $500 incentive
    Sticker price 24k
  • Options
    adam59adam59 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I got a quote (OTD price) from a PA dealer for Honda Accord Sedan (Auto-transmission) EX: $23350 (after $500 promotion) today. The price might be negotiable based on my experience. Did anybody get a better OTD quote for Honda Accord EX recently? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    swenseswense Member Posts: 1
    Accord EX-L w/Navi lease at $295/month and $1999 down for 36 months and 12,000 miles in NJ.

How does this look?
  • Options
    ad80ad80 Member Posts: 2
    Getting this for 27800 + tax + licence + DMV fees. This does not include $500 off from Honda this month. Is this a competitive price or should I bargain more? I am in Northern California (Bay area).
  • Options
    ad80ad80 Member Posts: 2
    I finally got this for $29800 (OTD) and this includes the Honda $500 cashback on the first payment. The actual price was $27600+TTL.

I am not sure how good of the deal is it, but it is the lowest I could get from Northern California dealers.
  • Options
    sripatel972sripatel972 Member Posts: 1
    20,117 is an excellent deal, I dont know if any dealers can come to that price maybe a few hundred dollars more, what city/state are you in looking for this price I may be able to help
  • Options
    Phil123Phil123 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Sale price 24,200. 25,888 out the door minus the 500 first payment incentive. So I paid 25,388.
  • Options
    kenny_ngan1kenny_ngan1 Member Posts: 1
    Really thanks to Emunds.com. I am a real person, not anyone from any commercial purpose. I just bought my brand new Honda LX. I saw the post on every forums and website. Including KKB, no one can offer me the lowest value. I am a student, I didn't qualify anything. I just paid 20100 OTD. I want everyone in California, Bay Area to know that. Don't get scam. I know many dealers and sales want to attack my post. I am very happy if the sales and dealers get angry because I hate them. Especially, the One Toyota in Oakland. What the told me is that no single dollar reductions can be talked, from a Chinese guy name Mr. Pan or Mr. Phan. I am really "thankful" to him, really "thankful". MTF, was he kidding me? OMG. Chinese scams Chinese. OMG. Now, I know why you guys have ugly preception toward our business man. Shame of us. Now, I am going to thank emund and who did the post on this forum again. Really. I thought I got a good deal. Also, I got delivery service, the car will be arrived in tomorrow. PS: Don't tell any sales that you saw my post, played fun with them.
  • Options
    ex24ex24 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased my 2.4 Ex Coupe Manual Crystal Black Pearl in Beavercreek OH for 23370 OTD.
  • Options
    sshakasshaka Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking to buy new Honda Accord sedan LX 4 cl automatic in the next few weeks. looks like people are paying invoice or close to invoice for these cars. I am Washington DC location…Can someone help me what is good price on road including everything??? Thanks
  • Options
    boody80boody80 Member Posts: 10
    LX-P for 19500 and 1400$ over KKB for my trade is it a good deal?
  • Options
    reapenreapen Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of deals to be had in Houston on an Accord SE or EX-L. I'm in the market but want to pay as little as possible. Thanks in advance to everyone.
  • Options
    First Texas Honda has an Accord SE listed for $20,973.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I was just wondering if the accord 2013 will be discounted up to 5000 like 2012 model. I hate buying a car that is going to be totally redesigned in few months but Honda now is running juicy offers which are difficult to resist. Do you think if waited few months I can get 2013SE for 19999 or LX-P for 19400 or closer?
  • Options
    Well, keep in mind that when the new body-style Accord comes out, it won't be discounted as heavily. For example, take a look at the 2012 Camry. You will NOT find one with alloy wheels (comparable to LX-P) for under $20,000. The Accord is due for an update as a lot of the features are outdated--for example no trip computer, no bluetooth on the LX, 5-speed transmission, etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback. I think I will likely to go with the 2012 model since they are not only discounting the car but also offering me 12500 for my accord LX-P 2008 with 70k miles on it. Most Toyota dealers didn’t pay more than 11k (KBB price) I think it is good chance to have the smell of a new car. :)
  • Options
    rustumrustum Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2012
    Looks like a good deal. But Honda is running similar deals for most of the time. I got my 2010 LXP for 21k OTD during 2010 in TX. Lot of members here got 2011 LXP for similar price some time during 2011. But if you are going to get new car for 7-8k more, It is a great deal with improved mpg.
    I will try trading in my 2010 LXP for 2012 EX and see how much I can get for. I am not happy with Accord mpg. I am thinking of Prius. But Toyota dealers are not going to offer good trade in price.
  • Options
    sabbas4sabbas4 Member Posts: 1
    Bought the Accord in Pearl Black with Black interior for 29,500 OTD in Maryland. The price was about 27,300 and with fees, tag, title and MD taxes came out to 29.5. Just wanted to let you all know. Dealer was Honda of Bowie and was a pleasurable experience with them. They did not push too hard on the extended warranty and the lo-jack crap.
  • Options
    skibumma70skibumma70 Member Posts: 1
    19990 for a 2012 Accord Se with LoJack at no extra charge. Negotiated everything through carwoo.com. Highly recommended. It took a few emails with different dealers, and valuable time saved. It was honestly my first stress free car buying experience.
  • Options
    Hi skibumma70
    19990 for a 2012 Accord Se with LoJack at no extra charge.
    $19990 price is driveout for 2012 Accord Se or $19990 +TTl?
    can you let me know, if i am looking for one
  • Options
    mafiatemafiate Member Posts: 1
    got 21900 OTD for 2012 Accord SE with wheel locks in northern CA

also comes with first finance payment paid for by Honda up to $500
  • Options
    hondaninjahondaninja Member Posts: 1
    Just pickup a 2012 Ex-L last week for $25,300 OTD included TTL and tax. Not sure if this is a good deal. But after reading the forum, it seems to be decent.
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    What is Lojack?
  • Options
    jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Check out lojack.com
  • Options
    lakewoodguylakewoodguy Member Posts: 2
    Bought a new 2012 accord LX-P automatic at DCH Honda this week for $17827 plus tax and licensing, about $19800 OTD. Plus they have 0.9% financing and first month payment by Honda as a promotion. Have similar deals on other models. Seemed like pretty great deal.
  • Options
    Congratulation, this is an exceptional deal. Some dealers will not go even under $20000 for the LX-P Do you know if there are any hidden incentives?. Edmunds says there is only 1250 manufacturer to dealer.
  • Options
    minghiminghi Member Posts: 24
    wow... this is indeed a phenominal deal on the 2012 lx-p auto. where is the dealership located and did you contact the internet sales team? how did you get this price. thanks