Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I have located dealers in my "extended" vicinity who happen to have Accord EX Sedan with a 5 spd manual (truly a rare car to find, there are plenty coupes or LXs with manual).

Just wanted to see what others are getting these rare models at:

I see ZAG through AMEX has it for $22,315, CarsDirect has it for $21,925, and one dealer, so far, stated that they can sell me one for $21,775.

All prices include destination fee, but do not include sales tax, Title and registration fees, which will add about $2,000 for OTD cost.
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    My best price is from piazza honda in philly, 23037, 1613 tax, 134.50 transfer 129 doc fee, otd 24913. it includes a 250 rebate if i finance at least 5000 from ahfc but can pay it off when the 1st bill comes in. I think this is probably the best i'll get
  • ashjawashjaw Member Posts: 8
    I am interested in the 2012 SE. I am in NJ too. can you share the names of dealers 1 and 2?
  • aldossaryaldossary Member Posts: 2
    The dealer name is Gerald Jones Honda and they are located at Martinez, Georgia. Yes, the price includes everything (the tax, doc fee and advertising fee). the car's price is ~19580+ tax 300 dollars because I live in South Carolina+ DOC fee 300 dollars+ advertising fee (this fee takes it up to 20500).
    The sales representitive was so friendly. They even gave me four nights/ five days cruise for two people with Carnival, and also 300 dollars gas card. The Sales Consultant name is Donald Ivey.
  • marie99marie99 Member Posts: 21
    I recommend checking out this NJ dealership... Hamilton Honda in Central NJ. Here are this months advertised specials. [Accord LX] http://www.hamiltonhonda.net/newspaper-ads.htm

They have a large inventory[58 SE's currently shown on the website] and you can get 0% financing quite often. I found them to be easy to deal with via email.
  • eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    Those are used cars that they are advertising.
  • jingyeljingyel Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I am in CT. I just got an quote from dealer for 2012 Honda Accord LX Sedan at $18,640, and OTD price will be $20,436.

The dealer told me currently before the lunch of 2013, the dealers still have a large stock of 2012 model. So now is the best time to find a good deal for 2012 model.

I just started the searching. It would be appreciated if you could give some good advice.

Regards,

Jing
    I have been getting prices on my new accord and alot of research and it looks like the best price is at 19% off msrp with destination. The best OTD is in the details, you can;t get around sales or tire tax, but I found around 99 for doc fees is good, regisration transfer is usually cheaper than new tags depending on your situation and don't let them get you on the honda care protection package which is wheel locks, mud guards and trunk tray which can add 600 to 800, i googled it and you can order the same thing for about 180 on the net. If your trading something be armed with kbb used car values when you go in. Finally, even tho it is a new car don't be affraid to ask for the carfax to be safe and have it for future reference
  • iamallisiamallis Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Drive out cost: $21,600
    This includes everything, even the dealer add-ons (tinted windows, trunk tray, etc.). Area of purchase was Hurst, TX. (Granted, I won't get to use the heated leather seats very often here in Texas but it will still be nice to have them for our short winters.) FYI: I did not have a trade.
    Gonna be a proud daddy of a new honda! the dealer did not have it in stock but will be in by end of the week cause I like the polished metal with gray leather interior and wasn't in stock. Details are 23037 price, 3700 on my trade 2002 chrysler 300m, 134.50 tags & regisration, 129 doc fees, tax 1353.59, OTD 20954.09. I'm retired and this may be my caboose, but feel like a kid again, can't wait. I really think the research paid off
  • vistorvistor Member Posts: 3
    jingyel,

Might want to check the Schaeller (New Britain, CT) website and send for an ePrice if you haven't already contacted them. Just find what you want in their inventory on their website and hit the ePrice button and plug in your e-mail.

My wife and I both got cars from them in the past two years. In both instances, we shopped two or three dealers before contacting them and their price was the best by a considerable amount. In both cases, I expected games when we got there but it was completely no hassle. They made no attempt to inflate the price I had been given with fees or add-ons minus the doc fee which is in the small print at the bottom of the quote so we knew about it a head of time.

Like any dealership I don't trust them for a minute and I'm sure experiences with them vary but I found their internet price legit and very aggressive.

Good luck with your car shopping!
  • cali15cali15 Member Posts: 4
    Good day~~

I'm plan to buy White 2012 Honda accord LX or SE and wanna get good deal information..
    I have been monitoring this site ^^*

Anybody recommend Good dealer nearby cerritos in Cali?

BTW..what is the difference btwn LX & SE?

thanks..
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    While you're waiting for responses, you might check out dealership reviews in your area: http://www.edmunds.com/dealer-reviews/

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jimbo222jimbo222 Member Posts: 7
    LX has wheel covers and fabric seats, many exterior colors to choose from. SE has only a few exterior colors, mag wheels and leather seats. SE has been purchased on this site for 22k and under. LX for 1k less.
  • tmzn32tmzn32 Member Posts: 6
    Was it manual or auto? How much was your trade worth?
  • tmzn32tmzn32 Member Posts: 6
    $21,424 OTD price for an accord EX Manual. No trade.
    Thoughts?
  • kewhcskewhcs Member Posts: 4
    Does this total cost include taxes, title, and doc fees?

I ask because I'm in the process of trying to get a clear picture, i.e. total out the door price, to be able to make an informed decision. Needless to say, they're not too forthcoming with this information. Sure, they'll give you a low ball figure for the car but then neglect to tell you that it doesn't included destination, the pro pack, tint, etc.

Last question, was there a selection of cars to choose from? The last time I visited this dealership (after-hours), there weren't too many Accords on the lot.
    I think that Honda makes the dealers list their current stock on their websites. A way to make more $ is to include some dealer installed options. If you don't want the tint or pin-stripes, have them locate an un-modified car from another dealer.
  • ocbuyer1ocbuyer1 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2012
    I'm in market to buy one and I'd like to get some feedback from the members that have bought one recently. Should I wait until 2013 is out or my choices dwindle. Thanks for your feedback
    If gas prices stay high, nobody will want the V6. However if gas prices drop to under $3, I think the V6 will be in short supply. Honda is discounting the 12 models to make room for the 13s. Total re-design in 13 and nobody knows how well the public will like them. Also, right now the re-designed 12 camry is selling better than the accord.
    I got my new EX-L last week, they gave me a price 23037 which is 5400 below msrp. They had to get the color I liked from another dealer but gave me the same price, but had 110 miles on it cause it was driven in, price is great cause of the redesign. I think the new 2013 front end will be the same as the current accord crosstour, they never change a whole lot
  • lyongulyongu Member Posts: 4
    Is it OTD price? Thanks.
    no, was the price of the car alone and included destination, had to pay nj sales tax, 129 doc fee, 154.50 to transfer my regisration and plates. I did not get any add ons. I found that the best price on the car is when they discount it by around 19%. 19% of 28445 msrp is 5404, so 28445 - 5404 = 23041, just about what I paid. Hope I helped
  • flamingsockflamingsock Member Posts: 1
    Where id you get the 23041 proce? Was this from a dealer in NJ - best we have found so far is 24K incl destination but we probably need to start lower with the dealer.

thanks,
    -ldk
    I checked the internet prices at 12 dealerships around here and the best price was at piazza honda in philadelphia, btw the price for a ex-l 4 door with the v6 is 25163, mine is a 4 cyl.
  • samsapde1977samsapde1977 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Got offered $19570 OTD for 2012 Accord LX auto in Dallas,TX. Also being offered 0.9 APR financing if I qualify. Dealer not ready to take off any of the add-ons like tint,stripe etc.
  • falmouthfalmouth Member Posts: 30
    Similar prices were available in DC area over Memday weekend. It seems prices have gone up so this is a great price for now. What state are you in ?
  • kewhcskewhcs Member Posts: 4
    I've about given up hope on the west side of D/FW. Where in Dallas are you finding this deal? And just to clarify, your quote is inclusive of the price, destination, dealer adds, taxes, title and doc fees?
  • fmllcfmllc Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my 2012 SE 12k 35mo (first month picked up by Honda)...$0.00 paid out the door for $205.60/month tax included. They even threw in 3 years of oil changes, roadside and towing (and whatever else).  Don't have exact figures with me but...about...  Msrp 24+change Sale price 19+change Residual 56% Don't remember the mf but I qualified for their top tier rate...
  • harry7447harry7447 Member Posts: 14
    Just bought the Accord SE for 20k on road. I guess this is a great price. I have been a lurker here for quite sometime & thanks all for giving an idea on what the pricing would be. Don't like the accord's design that much :) & they din't have the color I wanted (mettalic gray), but still very happy on the purchase :D
    edited August 2012
    Wow...$20K is final price??

I'm shopping for SE 2012.. the price is great deal...
    Did U buy in california??? I'm living Cali and if you bought in here., I wanna get info..

BTW, how much will I pay more for sun loof?
    Yes final price OTD including taxes, tags, etc. No this was in MD. Also it does not come with thw sun roof & I did not get it. Just stock.
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    we got 2012 accord exl v4 (tint,door edge,security,cargo tray,mud guard)for 24000 plus ttl without any trade in....in az

thanks
    hp
  • mantestmantest Member Posts: 1
    Please specify which dealership where u got EX-L for 24000.
    Is anybody aware of any dealership in Washington-Seattle area or Oregon-Portland area which can offer this price
    What I did in my area was to go oline and get a list of the honda dealers within driving distance, go to thier new inventory online and pick the ex-l you like, I hit about 12 different dealerships. Do not use you actual name and for phone number use 1234567890 so they won't be calling you all hours of the day and different name so they won't find you on facebook. Qoutes done by email are a binding commitment on price by them. when you get to the top 3 make sure you get online a price for doc fees [99 is about the best] tax and tags and addons, you allready know your sales tax rate. now your ready to go to the dealership. BTW avoid buying extended warrantys now cause when you get close to the end of your 3 yr, 36000 warranty the price on the extended warranty gets much cheaper. I got m y EX-L last week, Awesome!
  • cheepmomcheepmom Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Similar deal in Alexandria VA...$19,345 OTD for 2012 Accord LX was offered at 3 day sale at local Honda dealer. Dealer also did not want to take off add-ons...which is another $599. Plus, 0.9% APR for financing. Still a pretty good price, I think.

Sales ends on Sunday (8/5/12). Other models are also on sale, e.g. EX-L for $22,190+destination+TTL+docs fees+$599 add-on package.
  • sting23raysting23ray Member Posts: 7
    Hi there...
    If you dont mind, can you please tell me which dealer this was at? I am also in the DC area and looking to get an Accord Couple EL-L (V-6)...

Also... Can someone please guide me as to what I should expect to pay and how to go about bargaining with these dealers? I am new to this whole game and this will be my first new car...

Thanks alot...
    Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA.
  • bill377bill377 Member Posts: 7
    Harry,

Which dealer in MD?
    20K OTD for SE model is really a good deal :surprise: . How many times you had to visit them to get to this price? I belong to PA, though on borders of PA and MD. Will there be any compromise for buying it from MD dealer than buying from local dealer in PA?
    Did you pay them cash or financed?
    Thanks in advance.
    Forgot to mention that EX-L Coupe (V6) is listed as $25,071 as dealer price without destination fee. So you have to add destination ($780)+doc fees ($385)+TTL+appearance package (floormats, splash guards, etc. $599) to get OTD price. This is call their Red Carpet sale and actually ends today at close of business (8/6/12).

Landmark Honda in Alexandria emailed me a flyer with all the Honda Red Carpet prices that expire EOB 8/6/12. We did not have to haggle to get OTD price on our LX-P at $20,700 (flyer price was $18,286 without destination).
    Pohanka Honda

I sent out emails/online requests to dealers near me for the SE. They first came out with an higher quote, but on the 2nd email got this number. Then headed out to the dealership & closed the deal in a few hrs. I was really surprised but then I have been looking for almost 1-2 months for a new car. Got finance for 0.9%. Hope this helps
    Sorry, I know this is the wrong place to ask a question but I will do it as the forum is very active. Is it normal to really feel the shift point from first to second and 2nd to 3rd in the 4cy AT? Mine is so harsh I find myself letting up on the gas before the shift point. I notice it the most when I am driving like an ubermiler and the rpms are low. Shifting is smooth if I drive it like I stole it and shifts are at high rpm
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    What year Accord and how many miles? First thing is to check the trans fluid level to make sure you're not running low. If its a newer Accord then cheap option would be to change the trans fluid, if its an older Accord then check the motor or trans mounts

Just search around online for: "(whatever year your car is) accord harsh shifting" and you'll find other complaints and hopefully a solution
    I'm still shopping for accord 2012 SE on the internet and the best offer is

20300+tax with 1.9% APR...

Will I wait more until the end of this month before labor day??

Is anybody has good deal in OC California??

Pls. give me your advice
    Harry

I got a quote and call from Pohanda Honda, Marlow heights, MD for 2012 Accord SE auto. They are giving me 20800+ tax+registration+title+doc fee. They said its their final price and not willing to negotiate either.
    Can you please share the name od sales guy at pbidude@gmail.com and when did you get your car?
    Just a double check, you got $20K OTD for 2012 Accord SE?
    Just analyzing what can be the difference between then and now? May be they have few left in stock now.....Thanks in advance.
    piazza honda in philadelphia had the accord se for 20053, this price included destination but not ttr
  • belwah87belwah87 Member Posts: 23
    You might want to try Pohanka of Salisbury, MD. They had the lowest quote when we were purchasing an Odyssey a few years ago, and it was a straightforward, hassle-free purchasing experience. Not sure if it's still the same (new sales managers change the tone of a dealership), but it's worth a try.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I have been able to get a dealer to lower their price to $19.950 on a 2012 Accord EX 5 spd manual. This price can be combined 0.9% APR for 60 months offered by Honda now.

It is like Honda is giving away free money! Even though I was planning on paying "cash" for the car, I can earn more on the money elsewhere, and take the free money from Honda.

How much low can I go? Will there be more insentives from Honda as it gets closer to the 2013 release? Labor day?
  • sinistermindsinistermind Member Posts: 12
    That's a great price. I currently have one NJ dealer quoting me 20750 OTD (everything included) for 2012 EX sedan with auto.
    Sinistermind

Great. Can you please share that dealer's name?