Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    I have purchased four Honda vehicles in the last four years in the DC area. During those purchases, I think I learned a great deal about the local Honda dealers. Some dealers stand out in good and bad ways. Criswell, Sport, and Pohanka Honda seem to be best. I found those three generally provided competive prices and a reasonably calm experience. Two dealers I advise against are College Park and Ourisman Honda, those I believe are overpriced and they seem to employ very aggressive sales approaches compared to other local dealers.
  • cali15cali15 Member Posts: 4
    Pls. recoomend good dealer in OC california...

My best offer is $22080 with 0.9% APR till now >.,<

Will I accept this offer?
    Pls. give me your advice
  • sinistermindsinistermind Member Posts: 12
    They made a mistake. The quote was for Civic EX. Paul Miller in West Caldwell, NJ is selling Accord EX auto for 20598. Fees are 596. Finance charge is 310. They are tacking on stuff. May as well go local for only few hundred more.
  • sam_888sam_888 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Fellow Members,
    Need ur help. I am going to buy a Accord EX V6 or EXL-V6 with nav in Phoenix , Arizona Area. I will highly appreciate if any one can share the Out the Door price for this vehicle and model. (including tax, registration etc). MSRP is also appreciated, i can calculated taxes myself.

Let me know if anyone got a good quote from any dealer in Phoenix/Tempe/Chandler Area.

I will also appreciate if any one from other states can also sharing their buying and negotiation experience and the prices they paid. Have a good day folks.
  • bill377bill377 Member Posts: 7
    Harry

Can you please share name of salesman???
    Just a double check ...it is Pohanka Honda Marlow heights, MD?/
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    No... he can't... ;)

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vkoppuvkoppu Member Posts: 11
    I'm also planning to buy LE or SE in the Phoenix metro area. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    What is a finance charge? Never heard of such a thing on a car loan. Sounds suspiciously like a dealer profit. I don't think Honda Finance levies a finance charge.
  • sidbsidb Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2012
    Bought this today for around 21200 on road (inlcuded mud guards + wheel locks) from Shockley Honda .. Is this a nice deal ?
    21200 includes 6% PA TAX, 200 Dealer Fee, 150 Tags+Fees.
  • tony1bhaitony1bhai Member Posts: 1
    Beware::::: This message is posted by dealer himself. The specifice car is going for way less than that. I bought one for 19900 out the door from Crisswell..Go figure
  • expmarforexpmarfor Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I bought my Accord EX V6 a week ago in Columbus, OH and the out the door price was 25707.27. This includes the sales tax of 1622.77, doc fee of 250, title fee of 25 and registration fee of 18.50. The MSRP is 28170. The buying experience was pretty easy for me- I did everything online and once I got a quote for 23791 before sales tax and fees I went in for the test drive. From there I got my 0.9% loan and was able to drive off in my new car after 2 hours inside the dealership.
  • akshay1978akshay1978 Member Posts: 4
    i talked to criswell about 3 times( 3 agents) , and they could not give me anything less than 21600 out of the door? I talked /emailed with so many dealers through emails and carwoo , and none of them gave me a price less than 21500.
  • akshay1978akshay1978 Member Posts: 4
    Did you buy the SE ? If yes what price did you get it? It looks to me that there are some people on this forum , who are claiming to get such low prices , which i cant even come close to ( through the same dealers).
  • sting23raysting23ray Member Posts: 7
    @expmarfor - Did you get a coupe? or a 4 door sedan? Also, were there any extras? Thanks...
  • expmarforexpmarfor Member Posts: 2
    It's a 4 door sedan and there were no extras.
  • mikeymikeymikeymikey Member Posts: 4
    I leased an SE in Phoenix area and was able to bring the price down to just below 20k including the destination charge. Let me know if you need more details.
  • partcanspartcans Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I have e-mailed several dealers in the Philly area, and also found that Piazza seems to have the best internet prices--$20,053 for the SE. This price is higher than some quotes on this website, but I haven't gone into the dealer yet, and suspect that I can trim a little bit off of this number. Unfortunately, it seems more difficult to get a handle on lease costs. Excluding taxes and state/dealer fees, I've calculated that a 36 month, 15,000 mile/year lease should cost $205.85/month (using a $13,807 residual and .00046 money factor). However, the fees charged by dealers seem really inconsistent. For example, I received a lower quote from a dealer charging a higher price ($20,333 resulted in $452 down and $235/month with 9% tax included vs. $20,053 = $453 down and $236.31/month OTD). I have had no luck getting dealers to report their fees via internet. Does anyone have any idea what lease/registratiion fees should be expected in Pennsylvania? Thanks--this forum is the most informative website that I have come across!
  • vkoppuvkoppu Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking for LX or SE. Preferably buy it. But open to lease as well if the deal is good. Is that $20K before doc fee, tile and taxes? Can you please provide more details about your lease down payment, monthly premium, lease term and dealer information. Since you went through the buying process can you give some decent all inclusive buying prices for LX and SE in Phoenix area?
  • cls061cls061 Member Posts: 11
    I have a '99 Accord with 193,500 miles that I think is ready to be retired so I'm starting to research new Honda's. As you can see I haven't bought a car since 1999 so I know the process has changed a lot. I see a lot of the "Real Price" or "Tru Price" stuff and my question is given that price, is there still much room for negotiation? Here is an example of a car I'm looking at that is at a DFW area Honda dealer that is advertising a "True Price": 2012 Accord EX-L 2.4, It's MSRP is $28,445, with a dealer discount of $5,004 leaving a True Price of $23,441. Is there more available to come off that price?? Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated.
  • bostoncarguy25bostoncarguy25 Member Posts: 1
    You should just go see Headquarter Honda. They are the only Green Dealership in Orlando and they are a really good group of people. They've only been open for a couple of years which is good because they don't play those old car games like what you described. I am sure they can get you the same car at the price.
  • sahondabuyersahondabuyer Member Posts: 11
    We are looking at buying a 2012 Accord SE. We've visited several dealers in the area and they are quite hungry to get rid of the 2012's before the new 2013's arrive. We've seen a price as low as $20,700. Has anyone else seen something better? Even if you are not in Texas, give me your best prices on Accord SE's in your area. I need to know what my wiggle room really is with Honda's right now. We are cash buyers and are not in any hurry. We can wait until September if the prices normally drop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • sidbsidb Member Posts: 26
    Whats the break up of the $20700?
  • vdam10vdam10 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, what's the name of the dealership in San Antonio that offered the 20,700 for the SE? I'm in the market to buy one myself and live in Dallas. Just wanted a starting point to work with the dealers around here. And is 20,700 out the door price? Thanks!
  • bear06bear06 Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys, got quoted $24,990 for a 2012 v6 coupe in New York metro area. With 0.9% financing sounds like a great deal. Anyone get a better deal? I know this particular dealership has lots in stock and are probably looking to clear room for the 2013 model.
    Gunn has some good prices, but when I just called them their price went up. Gilllman Honda has the 20,700 price right now. I would think the prices would drop as we get to Sept. What are they going to do with the 2012's when the 2013's arrive.
  • northshore4northshore4 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I purchased a 2012 Accord EXL 4 cylinder with Navigation for $24,800. OTD it came to $27,300. How did I do? Was my first car purchase so would love to know if I got snowed.
  • srik1srik1 Member Posts: 6
    Can you please tell the location and dealership.
    Best I can get so far is $25,687 + ttl
  • hondaman38hondaman38 Member Posts: 4
    Paid $20,000 excluding taxes for a 2012 SE two weeks ago in MA. Many dealers are leasing at a price of $20.5 up here. You should be able to do much better by the end of the month. Good luck!
    After emailing every dealership within 200 miles, I managed to buy a new Honda Accord SE 2012 with tinted windows for a total drive out price of $22,166. From what I've seen, I think this is a pretty good deal. Paid cash, no financing. Will buy my extended warranty online.
  • houshopperhoushopper Member Posts: 5
    Hi SAhondabuyer, I saw your other post and you can help me out. The OTD price is great price.....may I ask what kind of other options did you get (besides tinted windows)? such as floor mats, splash guards, body side molding, trunk tray
  • bob11bob11 Member Posts: 18
    I am getting 20,000 for out the door price for Honda accord LX auto 2012 new. Is that good price in CT? thanks
    My price included tinted windows, pinstripe and floor mats. The car itself pretty much comes with what you need. We really like the SE. When searching for the best price most dealers in Austin and San Antonio couldn't even touch the price we got. I suspect the deals may get better as we get closer to the 2013's, but we were worried there wouldn't be many color options left by Labor Day. There are already very few SE's available.
    sahondabuyer: Where did you buy your Honda? I am in Houston.
    I think it is a good price. The SE in San Antonio went for $22,165. LX is about $800 cheaper.
  • tracyamortracyamor Member Posts: 1
    where did you go to in ma?
  • kpdadroidkpdadroid Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted this price here in NY by Manhasset Honda. Just wanted to know if this is a legitimate deal or a bait and switch... ?

Did anyone in NYC area or anywhere else for that matter score a deal similar (or whatever) care to comment?

Would much appreciate it.
    Just paid $21,336 OTD for LX-P @ John Eagle Honda in Houston. The car has standard mats, trunk tray and Body Side Molding.
  • pr_eaglepr_eagle Member Posts: 4
    I'm getting 12k, 35 payments at $208 and change after $1500 down on an LX model - essentially it is the advertised Honda leasing price but the dealer is absorbing the taxes on my payments. Any thoughts? First time car buyer/leaser...
    Hey Kpdadroid, did you pull the trigger on that deal from Manhasset? I got quoted at $24990 from Bay Ridge Honda in Brooklyn. Seems like a great deal...
  • kpdadroidkpdadroid Member Posts: 3
    Not yet, I need to see how I am going to terminate my lease. Do you know how much an issue would cost without navigation exl I mean, OTD.

Thanks
  • ashishkulashishkul Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,
    I am looking to get a accord sedan EX-L with navi in Florida. Just wanted to know if anyone has idea/experience about the OTD price for the best deal I can get here and from which dealership. I really appreciate it. Thanks">link title !
    Oh, gotcha. Probably looking right at 27K OTD for the EXL without navi. Good luck with whatever you do.
  • cls061cls061 Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking at buying and ex-l for an out the door price of $24,000. Doesn't seem too bad to me. Thoughts, anyone? Is there a better deal to be had?
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2012
    Hey bear06 was that without Navi, I assumed. Can Did you make that deal? Sounds good. What was your strategy? I'm in Philly looking at Demo, with 1400 miles, they are asking 25700. I haven't negotiated yet.
  • arvai2arvai2 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    First I wanted to say thanks for all the info in this thread. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Honda Accord SE at Hugh White Honda in Columbus OH.

The terms were $20,300 at .9% for 60 months. Nothing extra although he was willing to make one of the final three payments on my Camry lease.

This car is for my wife and although she liked the Accord, she liked the Optima better and at the last second, Byers Kia stepped up an made us a great offer.

But this post is for the excellent servce provided by Jim Jeffers @ Hugh White Honda. A great guy to work with who was hassel free and gave a very competitive price from the get go. If you're like me and absolutely hate the typical salesmen BS and just want to cut to the chase -- you can't go wrong with Jim.

This is my second great experience with Hugh White as I bought an 2009 Odyssey from them (although it a different sales person). Hope this helps someone out there.
  • ashishkulashishkul Member Posts: 2
    any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!
  • bill377bill377 Member Posts: 7
    I sent about 6 emails to surrounding dealers and this is the best I got.

Anyone got better price than this? This includes destination and for auto transmission.

This is internet quote and I have not negotiated with them. Looks like there is still room for negotiation once I get to dealership. Anyways I am waiting for 2013 and will make decision after looking at new version.

2012 Accord LX $18868
    Accord LXP $19161
    Accord SE $20053
    Accord EX $21127
    Accord EXL $23057
    Accord EXL NAVI $24999
    Accord EX V6 $22792
    Accord EXL V6 $24963
    Accord EXL V6 NAVI $26926
  • sunny4537sunny4537 Member Posts: 4
    Current sale price in DC area:
    ACCORD 2012
    LX Sedan Auto -$17,595
    LXP Sedan Auto -$18,499
    SE Sedan Auto -$19,189
    EX Sedan Auto -$19,664
    EX-L Sedan Auto -$21,789
    EX-L Navi Sedan Auto -$23,895
    EX V6 Sedan Auto - $21,748 (Sold Out)
    EX-L V6 Sedan Auto -$23,791
    EX-L V6 Navi Sedan Auto -$25,798

Above price plus Freight ($770 and TTL)
    These seem like great prices. I just paid $20,283 including destination for a 2012 Accord SE in San Antonio, Texas. I figured the price would drop as we get closer to Labor Day weekend. We were also concerned that color choices would drop as the inventory depletes.
    Hi owned3hondas, yes, I pulled the deal, the 2012 exl v6 coupe without navi. I really didn't have a strategy and kind of stumbled on the car by mistake. Originally the dealership where I wound up buying the car had a demo 2012 with 7K miles on it. They were asking $23,995 which I thought was a great price. I kept calling a point of contact person at the dealership to see if it sold and a week before I was going to buy it, the car sold. So I asked how much a new one would be and she told me $24,990. I'm guessing the price was so low since they had a lot of 2012's on their lot. They did charge me the destination fee so the total price came out to a shade under 27K out the door. Hope this helps, good luck with your search.