Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• honda12exlv6honda12exlv6 Member Posts: 3
    Like to say thanks to owned3hondas!

With your magical 25,500 in hand I negotiated a new purchase over several day period with local dealer.

2012 Accord EX-L V6 - 25,500 + 119 doc + 39 tags + 300 tax - $25,958 otd

Myrtle Beach SC, 0.9% 60 Months, what a deal!

Thanks again
  • snowlionsnowlion Member Posts: 9
    Thanks, I got a quote from Curryhondacare.com for $ 1,120.00 8 years and 120k miles with 0 deductible.

Also I checked with a local dealer for the 2013 accord ex model, they were willing to sell for $ 26,400.00 OTD may be end of the month deal.... but walked away from making a deal.
  • loki74loki74 Member Posts: 28
    Hi -
    My wife and I just decided on which new car to get - a 2013 Honda Accord EX. What can I expect for pricing in the greater Baltimore area? I know its a very new, redesigned car. Edmunds seems to show -$500 below MSRP might be possible. One of the others shows -$1,500 below MSRP. We will be adding on a few cosmetic things - should we be paying "full price" for them (and, I'm assuming I should mention those things in the emails I send to dealers)?

If you look at the messages I posted back in 2007, I successfully got a very good deal on my Honda Civic with the help and advice of people on these forums... but I was also buying a very "plain" car that happened to be stuck between 2 great vehicles (the Fit and the Accord), so dealers were trying to get them out the door. I have a feeling my experience for a fresh Accord may be different.

THANKS

Loki
  • carsnvcarsnv Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I am looking for the price people paid or the quoted price for 2013 Accord EX-L CVT Automatic. I saw the actual price of this car is $28,785. On top of that we need to pay Sales Tax and other TTL prices. So If you can post the price that will give a good idea for my understanding before heading to dealers.

Thanks
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    There are sites like this that can often help you cut $1000 off of the price of even an all new model getting rave reviews, like the 2013 Accord:

http://www.truecar.com/

Honda dealers want to sell a lot of Accords. And yes they'd like to sell them at msrp. But if you won't buy them at that price, I think they'd also be happy to sell you one at $1000 off list (or maybe even more) and move the metal out the door. It's a great car, but Honda wants to sell at least 350,000 of them, and is ramping up its huge factory in Ohio to do that.

In other words, with a bit of patience and politely but firmly sticking to your price, you should do pretty well.

But things like Truecar just do most of the negotiation for you. That's what I'm planning to do when I buy one of these in a few months...

Good luck! Let us know what happens.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    edited September 2012
    Glad you got a good price on the 8 year 120k 0 plan from Honda. That's the best one! And for c. $1120 I think it's probably worth it for an all new car like this, even one with Honda's top quality.

Your price for the EX sounds pretty good for OTD. Why didn't you go for it? And what was the real price before TTL??
  • loki74loki74 Member Posts: 28
    I am seeing a lot of mixed reviews about TrueCar. Does anyone else have any information on that company? Until I can get some credible information about them, I will speak with the dealer directly.

-Loki
    edited October 2012
    If you are good at negotiating with your dealer, you probably don't need a site like Truecar. There are many sites that help with negotiation....carpricesecrets, carhound, etc. They don't eliminate negotiation, but sometimes can help you start with a good price.
    I targeted the price for Honda Accord Ex 2013 for $ 24,000.00 before Tax, Lic and Doc fees. Also the Honda Care for 8 years, 120K miles is $ 1210.00 and not $ 1120.00, it was a typo. The reason I walked away was I had a trade in which did not fetch the price I was hoping.
    Also my wife wanted to check out the Toyota Prius V before she can decide which one to buy.
    My big sister owns a Prius V. Nice car. But watch out for the poor rear visibility....Not as sporty as the Accord, that's for sure.
  • mishramishra Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    For the Accord 2013 EXL Black/Black with all season floor mat and illuminated interior light , i am getting OTD price $27,900 in Charlottesville VA .

Please share your opinion.
    You mean it's 27,900 with TTL? Seems like a good price to me, but it's hard to tell how good unless we know how much you are paying for TTL.
  • alvlee01alvlee01 Member Posts: 5
    You read too much from the internet. True Car does not help you get a better deal, especially on brand new cars that there are currently waiting lists for. You cannot believe those prices anyways. Besides, the 2013's aren't even listed yet! TrueCar.com listed a fully loaded WRX STi at $38,000 give or take + TTL for my area, got internet quotes of $3-4K OVER that + TTL and if I didn't want it, they had 20 other people who would pay that price. Same will go for the 2013 Accords. It's supply and demand and none of you seem to get that the dealership has every right to charge you MSRP because you all pay MSRP at Macy's, Target, or any other store. If you THINK you can get $1000 OFF on a 2013 Accord, good luck. Employees of Honda can't even get that price right now!

You can wait all you want, but the slightly less popular 2012 CR-V took 9 months before dealerships were willing to discount it a few hundred dollars in my area. Yeah, good luck with the TrueCar.com quotes...they don't sell cars, they are just a tool some dealerships use to get customers in, and once they do find any and every reason to get you to pay more.

Here's a hint to all of you trying to get a deal on the 2013's...you can't negotiate on this car...and feel lucky if they knock off a few hundred bucks. Honda dealerships don't need to discount this car to sell them...the Honda dealership by my house had 10 in the first week of it's release, and they are down to their last one after just one weekend and they've all sold for MSRP and they've also kicked out more people who were dumb enough to ask for more than $100 off
  • alvlee01alvlee01 Member Posts: 5
    price does not include Destination obviously, and what are you talkig about you don't know how good it is unless you know how much you're paying for TTL? TTL is SET IN STONE! you can't negotiate that because it's charged by the government. I'm sick and tired of hearing people bitching and moaning about how much they paid out the door...You take your sales price, add the tax rate of your area, and the typical DMV fees which are anywhere from 400-$600 depending on the car and you have your OTD price..that's a dumb [non-permissible content removed] comment...EVERYONE on this forum will be buying a different TTL and whether you like it or not you won't be able to negotiate that down.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Absolute nonsense. This is an Accord not some exclusive Aston Martin. Selling prices will be at or just above invoice before the year is over.
  • boody80boody80 Member Posts: 10
    What you say is absolutely wrong, Honda compete with Toyota, Ford and Nissan. If dealers are not willing to sell at invoice or even lower, people will buy from their competitors. The all new Altima can be bought at 3k below the MSRP. You also can get a huge discount on camrys. accord is not like the CR-V. Before the end of the year, dealers will take 2500 or more off the msrp
  • bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    benjaminh never said they were negotiable. We need to know the amount paid before TTL to know how good a deal it is. TTL varies from 0 percent to like 10 percent across the nation. As for DMV fees mine are like 30 bucks so your estimate is way off. Once again all these things vary across the nation.

TTL is non-negotiable so either provide a breakout so we can back those charges out or provide the price with all fees excluding TTL for an accurate comparison.

Yes, Accords will be invoice or less by the holidays. It happened the last 2 generations, and there is even more competition this time around.
  • cochranpcochranp Member Posts: 1
    I have been offered a new 2012LX automatic for $18500 before TTL, is that a good deal.
    "I have been offered a new 2012LX automatic for $18500 before TTL, is that a good deal."

I think that's more than $3500 off of list price. I'd say that's a very good deal, and about the lowest I've seen for that model. Good job. Go for it. Or at least that's my 2 cents.
  • dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    It should be $17600 or so plus TTL. Total OTD price should not exceed $19500 (assuming 6.25% is sales tax in your area)
    Yes,it includes everything(its the out the door price).
    Tax is 3% and title/processing/others fee is$409.00.
    Dealer is also extending the powertrain warranty to 7yrs/100k.
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    Okay, so by my calculation, your sale price (after removing $400 fee and 3% tax) is ~ $26,700, which is close to the invoice (according to Edmunds.com). Considering it is the 2013 model, and just came out, I think that is a very good price! Be aware of gimmicks, though. they might trick you into unnecessary gap coverages/insane financing rates.
  • boody80boody80 Member Posts: 10
    You should be able to get it for somewhere between 5000 to 5500 under the MSRP at this point. I know some people here paid less than 18000 few months ago. thais is with the 0.9 % but anyway 18500 is not really bad price at all. In some states you cannot do better than that.
  • buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    Wow! Wouldn't Honda love to hire someone defending them and bitching out at everyone trying, no thinking, about getting discount off their new release. So you all know now that it is MSRP + TTL (set in stone by the gov.) for all you who want a Honda Accord.

These people are entitled to say what they want, and it's up to the buyers to try for a discount or not. Who doesn't want to save money? Honda dealers can very well take care of themselves by chewing out anyone who wants a discount on their new Accord. Thank you very much.
    Thank you for the advice. Can't say I like Honda at all, but been bugged to buy one for good price and reliability. Test drives ok, but I'm afraid of car shopping because I've been asked to pay sticker plus (never less than 2k) many times.

VW dealer said their cars are cheap and will have no discounts. So I left and never went back. Dealers can ask for sticker plus just like we ask for discounts off whatever price. We just walk if the price is not right.
    Well said.
  • carguy2121carguy2121 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Loki
    My suggestion is to testdrive the car you want then email for internet quotes. I got over 2k off sticker price and brought the email from a competitive dealer in area. Ourisman of Bethesda is where i got that deal from. There price was so much lower but it has to be from a internet deal and not on floor.
    I got the 2013 ex l v6 black on black and its fantastic
    Hi ,
    Would you like to share how much did you pay for 2013 ex l v6 black on black ?
  • dellfandellfan Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Just bought a 2012 exl v6 w/Nav for $26200+TTL from my local dealer in L.A. Is this a good price?
    Excellent price. Wow. How much is that off list?
    awesome price....what is the out the door price for you?
  • ssj2ssj2 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a Touring Accord - I have offers from 2 dealers - both $2000 off the MSRP.
    car price $26200
    dealer documentation fee: $80
    registration and other gov. fees: $320
    tax: $1900
    total: $28500
    Cale Yarborough Honda - ask for Solomon

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (Sold)
    $25,408 + $249 DF + $300 tax + and $39 Tags = $25,996 OTD

2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
    $25,290 + $249 DF + $300 tax + and $39 Tags = $25,878 OTD
    your local sales tax is only 1.2%?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    South Carolina caps auto sales tax at $300...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    I was offered $2900 dollars off MSPR with very little negotiation. I still did not buy it. I believe that if you wait a few more months you can get up to 4500 off MSRP. The idea that this is an new model that sells for full price is complete nonsense. Anyone that posts such nonsense on this forum either works for a honda dealer or doesn't have a clue on how to negotiate a good deal.
    The offer was from a honda dealer in countryside illinois. You can email internet manager and get the same deal. Good luck.
  • jthan24jthan24 Member Posts: 14
    Just picked up on Saturday. Wonderfuyl buying experience from Academy Honda in Oldbrige, NJ. Sales person, Joe K. was great. OTD $23,700...
  • palmbeachbumpalmbeachbum Member Posts: 3
    Greetings:

Has anyone purchased an Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation? I would like to purchase one wthin the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I have a 2008 Accord (same model as stated above) I bought it used, June 2010 for 20k with 31k on it..Now 73k and it's in fair condition, hence the reason I want to trade it in.

Appreciate your input.

~PBB
  • palmbeachbumpalmbeachbum Member Posts: 3
    Hi:

Are the prices for 2012 Accord EX-L V6 > with or without Navigation?

Thanks !

~PBB
  • solexsolex Member Posts: 1
    In Houston, got a quote for OTD price of ~23190 for a base model 2013 Accord LX. Is that a good deal?
  • glosdgoglosdgo Member Posts: 2
    Dch promised in e-mail to sell me a 2012 HF for $18,100. They had seller's remorse but couldn't back out. I refused all add ons. My FICO is above 800. They wrote contract, said I'd been approved. I took possession the next day. On day 10 they mailed me a letter demanding the car back saying I'd been disapproved for the financing. I demanded to know why--still waiting and tomorrow it will have been 2 weeks since I requested--and said I'd be sending the payoff. I went to my pre-approved lender and they sent the check to Dch. Suddenly I got a call from the finance man and his supervisor. Did I want to take their financing as I'd been approved. What, they thought I'd break a contract with my credit union the way they break contracts? They said they'd have to "null" the contract as written. So far no new contract or call to sign anything. As of last week they still hadn't cashed the check. But American Honda says their records show me as the owner.

DCH can't be trusted. Do not buy cars from them unless you have full cash up front and it's under full warranty. (I've seen too many reviews about problems post sale).
    My previous posts are WITHOUT Navigation ... thats why I didn't include NAVI in description.
  • isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2012
    2012 Accord LX - $19200 ($2k below invoice (including regional delivery fee - deep south) + tax, tag/title, dealer fee)

we are negotiators and feel we got a great deal - this is due to the $1750 dealer cash back at this time on 2012 accord - so they can deeply discount (we got more than that off invoice)

please let us know if you agree~!

we wanted the 2013 accord - but unfortunately they cannot make this kind of deal on the new model as they want to clear out the older ones - bummer

NOT thrilled with this car AT ALL. drives like total crap. heavy and cumbersome with mushy steering - does not handle well - way too big - horribly uncomfortable seats - looks like something your grandparents would drive - no basic features of importance on LX such as bluetooth! dumb honda, dumb.

the only positives: its a honda - one word - reliability - and it will hold it's value (hopefully)

really REALLY do not like this car, truly cannot wait to not have it and it's brand new

not a good feeling

buyer's remorse

:cry:
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    'NOT thrilled with this car AT ALL. drives like total crap. heavy and cumbersome with mushy steering - does not handle well - way too big - horribly uncomfortable seats'

Um - none of these issues emerged in
    your test drive?
    - Ray
    Just very curious.....
    2022 X3 M40i
  • energiser78energiser78 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2012 Honda Accord EXL without Navigation for 22K + TTL which came to 24.5K OTD about 2 weeks before in Maryland. How is this price?
  • energiser78energiser78 Member Posts: 3
    It is not EXL v6, it is EXL I4.
  • alexakhaminovalexakhaminov Member Posts: 8
    hey guys,

This forum has been extreme helpful with pricing so thank you everyone here so as i come close to buying the 2013 Accord EXL V6 ( no Nav) here is what i m seeing. Trying to get a metallic silver with black interior in Maryland. The price i got quoted is $28600 (included destination) plus reg/title fees $280, plus tax $1720 for the total out the door price of $30600. No financing deals to write home about so i m using a credit union to get a good rate of 1.5%.
    Any thoughts on price? anyone else shopping for the EXL V6?
  • isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2012
    we didn't test drive as we had in past year - didn't think the car could get worse. price was most important to us.

this forum is about PRICING

thank you for your positive comment!

have a great day
    :)