Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Well - I take that as sarcasm?
    Anyway, no offense intended.
    I just truly did not understand how all those negatives
    would not have been apparent from a test drive.
    I am also quite surprised that there would be that much
    difference between a 2011 and a 2012...
    - Ray
    I do hope the rest of the driving experience is not quite so negative for you...
    2022 X3 M40i
  • alexakhaminovalexakhaminov Member Posts: 8
    2013 EXL V6, metallic silver and black interior, i m getting 28600 for the car and 30600 for out the door price.
  • carguy2121carguy2121 Member Posts: 3
    30234 was the internet quote i received. The one thing that people do not figure in is the accesories that these dealerships add on. Those can be negotiated, but it will def add on the price. I have not seen any cars have no add ons. I also purchased a 7 yr 100000 warranty
  • kspjkspj Member Posts: 1
    We have been negotiating on a 2013 honda accord LX without additional options. The best offer that I got is 22,800. Has anyone bought a LX recently ? Can you advise me on the price .
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Sorry...but had to jump in...

"drives like total crap"

Ah...didn't you drive one before buying it?

"looks like something your grandparents would drive"

Ah...didn't you LOOK at it before you bought it?

Kinda sounds like all you cared about was the PRICE and nothing else?

Again, sorry to butt in but just curious.

P.S. I retired two years ago and therefore do not have a dog in the fight!
  • mardaymarday Member Posts: 4
    Why would you buy something you hate that much? If I disliked something that much I would not take it as a gift. You can't be too bright.
    Accept your loss and go get something you can live with.
    Marvin
  • zonecarzonecar Member Posts: 17
    Hello,

I was almost in purchasing a 2012 Toyota Camry SE base for a good deal slightly less than 23K OTD.. But had second thought about the 2013 Honda Accord for its better standard specs.
    I am located around orange county and looking for a 2013 Honda Accord Sport with auto trans.

The MSRP at 24980 and I am looking for around 3000~3500 off MSRP before tax and fees.
    Anyone has current buying experience or know when will I be able to purchase at this price?
    Compare to Camry SE I got offered about 3800~3900 off MSRP (24680), I understand the car is out for almost an year now. I can justify paying 1k~1.3k more for the Accord compare to the Camry.

If anyone could provide some info it would be great! I can wait a couple month thats no issue for me because I am planning to have a new car for 5~6 years so the decision is important.

Thanks.
    Unless things have changed since I retired there is nowhere near a 3000-3500 markup on Accords so asking a dealer to lose money probably won't work.

In fact, as I understand it, the spread between invoice and MSRP has become less than ti was before

Waiting a couple of months won't change this.

I will say that it looks like Honda has a full blown home run on their hands with the 2013 Accords!!
    edited October 2012
    I am not familiar with the Accord pricing but for Toyota Camry SE it is already possible to get 3800~4000 off MSRP price here is Socal. So definitely dealer is still making money even for under invoice price.

dinoman's post in last page said he got a 2900 off MSRP deal already so I was thinking 3000~3500 off MSRP is doable, but now its just a matter of supply and demand since the 2013 Accord just came out. Also, I understand that the Accord will always be a bit expensive than Camrys, so thats why I said i can justify 1k~1.3k more. Camry SE and Accord Sport are direct competition.

So if anyone here has purchased experience in Socal and the general idea pricing for the Accord would help a lot. Thanks you.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    From Edmunds:

EX-L V-6 4dr
    3.5L V6
    FWD 6-speed Automatic
    Invoice: $27,502
    MSRP: $30,070
    2022 X3 M40i
  • iugrad10iugrad10 Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone finance a 2013 Accord through Honda Finance? If yes, please share APR rate with your fico score (average, good, excellent etc).
    edited October 2012
    Yes, supply and demand will always determine pricing. You can pay a bit more and get the car you really want or you can "settle" for something less.

If a car is being discounted 2900.00 below MSRP there is a reason.

Also, don't believe all of the "prices paid" figures you see in forums like this. Some are for real and some.....well.....were a stretch to say the least.
  • energiser78energiser78 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2012 Honda Accord EXL, I4 without Navigation for 22K + TTL which came to 24.5K OTD about 2 weeks before in Maryland. is it less than the invoice price??
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    ...i got a quote at Norm reeves honda --Southern California Dealership 22645.00 for Sport and 21119.00 for the LX....if you are in southern california...I suggest that you try to get an internet quote at this dealership then tryto haggle at about 500 below the quote....but make sure you eat first before you go to the dealership and dont be afraid to walk away. rate is 4.9%
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    Toyota of Orange and Miller Toyota of Anaheim will sell you the SE with msrp of 24645.00 at 22OTD, just be firm...they will give it to you.....or if you dont have time to haggle, wait for the Ad this Friday for 19995 but that is after 1000.00 college rebate, you will be looking at 20995 + ttl if yyou go with the add.....I suggest you go haggle. 1000.00 is still 1000.00, it will be a lot of back and forth and they will ask you where you get that price. tell them "if you cant give it then let me know immediately so I can try Power toyota Irvine, Irvin will have the add on Sunday only--FYI. Norm reeves Honda price for 2013 LX is 21119 and 22645 for the sport...this is from the internet department. Good luck
  • hgberkhgberk Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Berkeley and looking for a 4cvt exl. I've got a price from Consumer Reports of $27,179; I'm going to check out what I can get through Costco, but I'm wondering if I could get a better price haggling.
    edited October 2012
    hello rob_v6,

Thanks for the info. We were researching for the price of Camry SE for weeks and the lowest we got is 22800OTD from Tustin and Orange, do you know who you spoke to get 22k OTD? that will be a good price for the 2012 model.. almost pull the trigger but once dig more about the Accord Sport we decided to focus on Accord now.
    Will try norm reeves honda and let you know, if I can get 22145 cash price for the gray Sport CVT than might pull the trigger. Btw, did you haggle the price with them already? Or do you know who specific I can talk to get best deal?
  • faischivofaischivo Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2012
    Financed through honda,2.49% apr.
    What you get, will depend on your fico score.
    I'll just say mine is top tier.
    Hope you get a good rate.

Good luck and enjoy your new Honda.
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    what credit union is offering 1.5%, how many months?
    Invoice is the lowest you should pay for 2013 accord! Crazy if you pay more. No matter what the dealer says, get up and walk out. Just tell them you can't afford it at that price. I guarantee they call you with a better price. I would come in with a price lower than invoice, they are going to negotiate up from your price! The Camry SE 4cyl are crap - have you seen the interior? check out the materials on the inside door, junk. the plastic on the front grill, bottom is flimsy and thin, will fade quick. The paint was horrible, brand new black had all kinds of little imperfections. The engine is fine, ride is ok. V6 is likely much better quality. How else do think they lowered the price by 2000 for the 2012 4cyl models! Cheap materials.
    I've seen you can buy or just get a price on hodacare warranties. apparently you can buy these online from a host of dealers, check out hyannis honda care website. Dealers hit you over the head during the finance process, not ususally mentioned in the actual deal but I could be wrong, just my experience. Good luck.
    Penn Fed is offier 1.49% for 60 months
    So the best price i m getting is 30500 OTD for EXL V6. They said that since i ve used their internet department, they ll send me a $100 gift card in addition.
    But they wouldnt go any lower than that so i m taking it.
  • agie95agie95 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Purchased the 2013 Accord EX-L last night in Dallas. Got it for $27,600 plus TTL. The breakdown was this:

Standard car + destination
    splash guards, wheel locks, cargo tray, door edge film, door cup guards, rear bumper applique, window tint (with lifetime warranty), and the pin stripe.

All that stuff was dealer installed options that they had priced at $1,896. I believe their cost/labor on it is somewhere around $800.

Overall I think I did pretty good. MSRP + destination is $26,399 plus the add-ons of $800 would be around $27,200 invoice price. :P

Oh, I got 3.35% for 60 months. Not great, but owe less than half of the car price and will pay off sooner than 60 months. My credit score is top 5% or excellent.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    what dealership and city are you in tks brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

alexa i seen on previous post you paid $28,600 w dest charge.. thats 300 above invoice in maryland. i figure i will wait till jan when the dealers have alot more 2013 accords. my target price is 800 below invoice on a exl v6

• richielrichiel Member Posts: 2
    Looks like a very good price, taxes and all. Financing is excellent as well. You won't be able to do much better than 1.5%, though if you have anyone in your family in the military, check out USAA where I saw 1.2%. I am waiting the same car you're getting except mine will be the Coupe. Good luck!!
    I called pentagon federal CU. If you donate 15 bucks, anyone can be a member and grab their fantastic autoloan rates 1.5% 60 months. Don't need military relative.
  • maverick30maverick30 Member Posts: 1
    Found a great deal online for 2012 Accord EXL V6 w/Nav with only 5800 miles on it. Paid $26950-tax, title, license out the door. Great experience at Brian Bemis Honda in Sycamore, IL. Will probably be buying cars there from now on. Worth the drive for a no hassle friendly transaction.
    Hey
    How much did you pay for the 7 year warranty on 2013 accord?
    i was quoted 1850 for 7year and 950 for 5 year. (i dont know if it matters but this was for EXL model, no nav)
  • carsnvcarsnv Member Posts: 2
    Hi agie95,

Could you please let us know more details on u r purchase.
    Which dealer in Dallas
    You said " Got it for $27,600 plus TTL" Is the price included Tax and Destination fees ?
    If we want to buy without any option what will be the Price for EX-L with destination charges. Sales Tax, TLL and Document fees how much ?

Thanks,
  • palmbeachbumpalmbeachbum Member Posts: 3
    Greetings:

Can you share the dealer info with me?

I'm looking to trade in my 2008 EX-L V6 for a 2012

Thanks!
  • lexman777lexman777 Member Posts: 1
    Just got an offer from dealer $21,169 for the new accord sedan lx cvt. not sure if it is a good price. the dealer says APR would range from 2.9% and up.
  • rk4750rk4750 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    I was quoted 23,650 for a 2013 Accord Sedan Sport ( Auto). Is this a good price? I live near San Jose CA. Can I do any better?
    What is your location? Did you take any quote for the 2013 Accord CVT Sport?
  • mishramishra Member Posts: 5
    I am going to finalize this car(EXL I4 ,black/black , illuminated interior light, all season floor mat and extended 7yrs powertrain warranty) for 27600 OTD.

Any comments?
    look up honda care online, hyannis Bob Leab. You'll get a better deAL
    edited October 2012
    Norm reeve Honda at Cerritos, CA quote 22645 for the Accord Sport CVT, that's 1k below your quote already. We went to the dealer today to negotiate the price but they wouldn't go a penny below. (OTD 24760)
    We decided to wait till thanksgiving hoping there would be a better deal, the ideal price is that we can purchase at invoice before tax and fees of 22139 or a little above.
  • canihazitcanihazit Member Posts: 2
    Finally pulled a trigger today.

2012 Coupe EX + fog lights and dimming mirror/w compass for $23935 OTD. 6.35% Tax.
  • mwaugh1mwaugh1 Member Posts: 7
    20,995 is the lowest I heard off for 2013 LX at this time of the year. I am hunting for either 2013 accord LX or Altima 2.5S in Socal and Phoenix..The Nissan dealers seem to be giing better pricing in the Phoenix metro compated to all Socal dealers, but the same couldn;t be said for the Accord.
    edited October 2012
    FOLKS IF YOU BUY AT INVOICE PRICE, example: DEALERS ARE GETTING $601 on the dealer holdback MSRP ON BASE EXL V6=30,070 ,,,,PLUS 100 TO 300 dollars for there DOC fee;s and additional saving for selling a PERCENTAGE of cars. honda dealers are still making good money on a accord sale at invoice price,,,, dont be fooled.. let them know this... folks email at least 30 dealers let the internet mangers know that for invoice price you will buy your choice of 2013 accord that moment. buy buying this way you will get your best deal and you will find out the dealerships that SELL CARS, and dont sell cars... dealerships that are BS artists.. .... i usually send out 40 emails on the last couple of days of the month or at quarters end. honda has alot of competition with the new atima the sonata and optima. to many folks dont play the game . right now supply and demand factor is what is setting the price . if you cant get your target price wait till, jan,, 2013 when the dealerships have 75 accords on there lots. do you think they wont to lose 900 to 1000 dollars for a quick sale selling at invoice??.. if your a good negotiator you could knock off the doc fee;s THERE WAS ONE POST IN HERE FOR 300 ABOVE INVOICE. invoice or close to invoice on a 2013 accord is doable right now Dont be suckerd.... send out those emails but the key to doing it is letting the dealerships know your buying that moment. . tell dealership if you agree on a price to fax you the buyers order with car of your choice color etc. that is a legal document so once you sign it fax back with a refundable credit card deposit of a minimal amount..... you just made a easy non stressful car buying experience. this has never failed for me in over 30 yrs.. one other point ALWAYS post what dealership and city you dealt with.. tell the forum if they were good , honest, and fair this is our consumer buying forum ... hope this helps the new car buyers.... good luck.... Brian

Whew! Sometimes I actually miss the car business but then I read a post like the one above and I just SMILE!!
  • lwb23lwb23 Member Posts: 3
    Although supply is low here in Florida, dealers will still deal if you press them. We purchased a 2013 Accord EXL V6 Albaster Silver with Gray Leather yesterday for $4300 of dealer invoice plus they gave us $850 in additional options (tinted windows, trunkmat, rear wing spoiler, wheel locks). Total out the door was under $30k.
    edited October 2012
    How do you buy in Phoenix AZ and get it to SoCal? Don't you have to pay tax again? I wanted to do the same buy in Reno NV and get it to NorCal. I wasn't sure if that would be a hassle.
    rk you could fly or drive there and pick up car if its cheap enough.... 2- have it flatbedded to your state but you would have to check pricing on that. 3- ask the dealer if he could re route one to a dealership that is near your area. i purchased a 2003 honda pilot in ohio on line and Hidy Honda had it re routed to a dealership in queens new york for me. i think if my memory is correct 500 dollars to have it flatbeded to new york. your sales tax is only paid once.. the out of state dealership will take out your state tax. ask the az dealership how much he would charge you to flatbed the vehicle to your area. good luck

• fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    This cannot be true. No way are you paying $4300 off dealer invoice. Maybe off MSRP of the car plus inflated crap that they charged you $850 for but no way are you getting $4300 off invoice. You sure you did not neglect to tell us about your trade in?
  • mwaugh1mwaugh1 Member Posts: 7
    Looks like Brian125 has posted a repsonse to this question. I was under the impression regardless of where you buy, the taxes are calculated based on which county/zip one belongs to. As long as the cost of transit, driving and addig the miles or shipping still justifies the cost difference.

Also the key thing is to make sure the price negotiated is indeed put on paper/email and agreed upon. Obviously one wouldn't travel untilthe total out of the door number is furnished. I am waiting to see the final numbers.
    edited October 2012
    Alot of people confuse Msrp w/ Invoice.. there is no way on Gods green Earth you can buy a 2013 for $ 4300 below invoice.. UNLESS THIS NEW ACCORD HAS 3 WHEELS.....LOL mwaugh post above is very true if your buying out of state make sure you have a signed buyers order before transporting or traveling to pick up vehicle.. how much could you be saving at this point? i'm sure alot of honda dealers are not going to do invoice at this time.. honda is famous for that..

Wow thats amazing difference!!! Thanks! The prices are like half of what they are at the dealer!!!
    "honda is famous for that"

So....if you were a dealer and you had a hot new product where you could actually make a few bucks, would you cheap sell that product?

I hope not!
  • honda_ighonda_ig Member Posts: 13
    When people say a good deal is buying a car at dealer's invoice- is that with tax and fees or without?