Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    buy it!!! good deal
  • joesanerdjoesanerd Member Posts: 8
    Currently working out a deal where I'm out the door at right around $25,600. MD tax is 6%... Title and tags are about $272... I was willing to wait for the right deal. And somehow the deal crept up to me out of nowhere. Thanks to this forum, for ball park figures. Don't settle for sticker on this thing! Don't let the dealers get you with the limited availability or limited supply crap. If it's on their lot they will sell it!
  • jdp6jdp6 Member Posts: 8
    What should be my target out the door price for the LX?

I live in MD (6% sales tax). So far the lowest out the door price I received was $23,511.94 from Northwest Honda (Sales Price - 20910.00 Destination - 790.00 Md state sales tax - 1313.94Processing fee -199.00 Md state registration fees - 299.00 TOTAL - 23511.94).

How much lower can I realistically get the LX for?
  • ffxjackffxjack Member Posts: 47
    What's a good target price, either car or ODD? I live in VA w/3% sales tax. I'm leaning towards this car over the Altima but don't like it thousands of dollars more and I need a new car within the week.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Supply and Demand are playing a factor right now on the Accord . I would suggest you read prior posts and decide what others are paying in your area and try to get the same deal they did. If your a good Negoiater call about 15 dealerships with your model and price your looking to buy. The new Altima's are selling for 1k below invoice price. So you have to decide which car you want. Check out Trains post . He paid 500 above invoice plus he paid a $795 fee for dealer add on's plus doc fee's . If you could live with paying that much its actually one of the better deals in this forum. drive to D.C TO PICK UP CAR.. Ideally you would like to buy this car for invoice price. but from what iv'e been reading your area is selling above invoice ..

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    23942 for v6? something not right there. 25k is going price before ttl
  • htrainreloadedhtrainreloaded Member Posts: 10
    I don't know what invoice is on the car I bought, but what I can tell you is what is on my order form. Under 2800 otd. The 795 add on is included in that. That also does not include 500 off for finacing using Honda Financial. Be on the alert when you talk to finance. As I said in a previous post, if I had known the finance manager sets the interest rate I would have demanded 0.9 for 60 monthhs or I would have walked out. I just got my fico score today from my credit union for the draft that I asked for before taking the drive to recover my vehicle. 797.

Go there knowing what you want to pay and be ready to walk away with no hard feelings. I left a couple of dealerships before I made a purchase.

If this deal would have fallen through I was ready to go to a couple of toyota dealers in the area to get a 2012 camry se with leather and convience package for around 2500 less than what I paid for the current car. Deals were already worked out. I just prefered Honda. I recently sold my 1996 Civic DX coupe manual because the SRS light was on and I did not want to deal with it. Yes I tried resetting it and it came back on. I still feel sellers remorse.

I went there wanting to pay 27600 OTD without using honda financial. I left paying under 28000 before using honda finacial.
    The price given to me by the Internet sales manager without negotiating. I live in a state with 3% sales tax but not really sure about other fees involved.

Should I email other dealers and ask for OTD prices to compare? I'm still actually torn between 2 cars but I need to purchase a car this weekend or I'll be paying over mileage fees on my lease in addition to two more payments.
  • faischivofaischivo Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2012
    Paragon Honda offered invoice $29,326+790 destination = $30116 + doc fee $75 +reg fee $60 +tire fee $12.50 +inspection fee $10.
    Total = $30,323.50 + nyc tax 8.875% thats a kick [non-permissible content removed] tax = price paid..
    Paragon tried to over charge me $130 on the fees above.
    Honda Manhasset, same price no over charge on fees.
    But better deal,, they threw in bodyside molding ,splash guard set and 2 year honda roadside assist with oil change.
    Now one may say why all the goodies ?
    I didn't like the price on the trade,But after driving in nyc for close to ten years
    in stop and go traffic, and in ice and snow plus all the dame salt How much can you ask for?
    I was happy to get Edmunds clean value..It was a great car never let me down.
    Tell you the truth I think most dealers will do this ,if your ready to buy in a day or two,or same day..and good money down ...

Did I get a good deal ? maybe.
    Was I happy? dame right hope this will help others ..
    I would! Keep negotiating, don't settle cause your in a rush, end of month is best time for a deal.
    Go down to Brown's in Glen Burnie... I just finalized a deal with them for an EX Coupe for over 2,000 off what they were asking at Northwest.

Talk to Mike and Fred.
  • yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2012
    Live in central jersey, recently got a quote of 22080 on the 2012 ex v6 sedan model, without fees and taxes. I am wondering what is a reasonable Otd price for that model. Can it go below 21500?
    The math (arithmetic, algebra, or differential equations) is not the hard part!
    In talking to several dealers, their fees are not universal and it's difficult to compare quotes without an OTD quote.
  • carcam123carcam123 Member Posts: 7
    Live in southeast Pa. Yesterday picked up Accord 2013 EX-L V6 no navi. Price I paid was 27,999 plus 6% sales tax and 200 for tags and paperwork. Total out the door was 29,860. Car dealership was in East Stroudsburg Pa. They treated me great. Did great deal of research and contacted many dealerships. This price is about 300 less than invoice. Yes it was great price at this time. Found the internet price at Weymouth honda near boston very helpful. They also had price 27,870 that was fantastic. I was completely willing to drive to boston to pick it up, They are selling 300 hondas a month. They were willing to have me pay for the car, sign buyers agreement before I got up there so there was definetely no Bull. You have to be patient. Went to my local honda dealership in Reading Pa. and they were laughing at me day before yesterday. I was laughing making my two hour drive home yesterday in my new basaque red accord. This forum will teach you great deal. Also forum at vtec.net was great. Feel free to contact me and I could tell you more. Good luck everyone
    edited October 2012
    You did a great job on price. 300 BELOW Invoice.. I know the feeling when i driving home Laughing at all the bad dealerships that are flat out over charging people on price.. As the Honda dealerships start to increase there supply,,,, wait you'll see how pricing goes to Invoice and below at many of the dealerships. Be patient. All those add on packages for $795 and $1000 they put on the cars will be selling for 2/3 hundred or given to you free..

• whiskyvowhiskyvo Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I live in Georgia, it's 6% tax here, and I know that the retail price of this car is $24,980. Do you guys think I can get a deal around $24000 OTD?
    edited October 2012
    Nice job on the price and enjoy that great honda you got..
    I luv the 6% tax rate in Penn. Here in NY it's 8.875% tax . Once again great deal and good luck with your new accord....................
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    I have a quote for $31,200.00 w/all season mats & splash guards + TTL. 4dr EXL w/Navi. This includes the delivery no doc fees.
  • fg_for_hondafg_for_honda Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2012
    Purchased this vehicle in Alabaster Silver after sending out emails to various dealers in my area in Florida. Numerous offers came in that were close, but ended up obtaining the car from Courtesy Honda in Sanford for $26,000, not including taxes, title and registration. I intended to purchase the car with cash but took them up on the offer for financing the full amount with taxes, etc. at a rate of 1.95%.

I found the people at Courtesy Honda to be very professional and easy to work with. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a new Honda.

NOTE: The car came with wheel locks, but other than that no additional accessories. I purchased a trunk tray, splash guards, cargo net and all season floor mats from an Amazon dealer for prices significantly below MSRP.
    Great post....... fg you gave Dealership name , Price and Specifics. Thats how all post should be written in here . Leaves no info out.. Good job on posting.......

How long was your loan for 1.95%? I assume it was thru Honda Finance. I got my loan for 2.85 72 months. This was to keep my payments down, i will pay more than min.
  • isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2012
    since the pricing is:
    2013 LX SEDAN invoice: $20,579 MSRP: $22,480 (+tax, tags, title, dealer fee)

i would say, yes, this is a good deal for 2013 model

they don't have a dealer fee at dealer you're purchasing at? in our experience, all dealers do, so you would have to add that in also

in addition, you can get the warranty work done (if ever needed) at ANY honda dealer, it doesn't have to be the one where you purchase the car - you can use any honda dealer in the US

did she get the car? :]
    I believe the loan was for five years and it was not through Honda Finance, but rather, a bank with a strong presence in Florida. I didn't really care about the loan since my intent was to pay cash when I walked in that day, but I figured I can invest the funds and be way ahead since investing is my primary vocation. The low rate and no money down was due to my Equifax Credit Score which is within the best 0.5% of consumers in the US.
  • gary2222gary2222 Member Posts: 1
    Good Luck.
    Was there any trade involved or was this a cash deal?
    Thanks
    Thanks!

Joesanerd, how much under invoice, if at all, did you pay for the car you purchased? Did Browns waive their destination and processing fees?
    edited October 2012
    thomasr1950
    BTW. If you feel the way i did. I know you want this car .
    Ok all season mats,I bought them after I bought the car.
    Went to parts dep. and they wanted $178, I said ty and walked out .
    Day or two later went back and asked for price again it came up $178.
    This time different parts guy said (( tell you what, ill do $98 )) I said sold.+bought trunk liner for $98 and wheel locks for $55 . I think splash guard set go's for about $130 installed. Takes about half hour- 45 minutes. If I'am wrong about the price of the splash set someone will correct me. For the rest of the story go to message.
    #27393 good luck friend hope you get the car..
    Just for the record, I obtained the accessories on Amazon for these prices:

1. 2013 Honda Accord Sedan OEM 08L96-T2A-100 Cargo Net -- $38
    2. 2013 Honda Accord Sedan OEM 08P13-T2A-110 All Season Floor Mats -- $100
    3. 2013 Honda Accord Sedan OEM 08U45-T2A-100 Trunk Tray -- $90
    4. 2013 Honda Accord Sedan OEM 08P00-T2A-100 Splash Guards -- $70

Shipping was $23 FedEx.

The Cargo Net is quite the bear to install so most would probably opt to have this done at the dealership if they want it.
  • descolorfuldescolorful Member Posts: 4
    I have a dealer that is saying they will sell me the EX-L for $26300
    + 3% NC Sales Tax $789.00 + $299.00 Doc. Fee + $55.00 tag
    OTD $27443.00

What was your Out the Door Price? Taxes %? Doc Fee? Etc?
    The OTD price was $26,000 including what you are being charged as a Doc Fee. Of course, the taxes and the registration / tag fees are unique to our own areas. This means that your quoted price is $599 above what I ended up paying.
  • mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354
    The car was a 2013 Accord LX automatic with MSRP of 23,260 inc. freight and invoice of 21,369 inc frt. The dealer offered car for 21,000 + 197 doc fee. She will probably buy it since she has a 2000 civic LX with 250000 miles on it and will only buy Honda. I suggested she buy a Camry because the Accord 4 cylinder has a CVT and they have unknown reliability. I just cant take any chances, especially after buying a 2002 Dodge Intrepid new with the POS 2.7 liter engine. What do you think of the CVT transmission. She can get a 2012 Accord 4 cylinder auto for about 19500 because Honda is offering a big incentive to its dealers.
    So I picked up my CVT EX-L w/Nav for 28800 OTD (3% sales tax in my state) today. They knocked 200 off the price and threw in oil change and gas since the color car which I wanted had about 70 miles coming from another dealer and I would have been willing to wait on one with less miles. They threw in wheel locks, nitro fill, mud guards, pin striping, door edge guards.

MSRP 30,785.
    Landmark Honda, internet sales (they rotate but I had Reagan). Easy to deal with. I would have let the local dealer where I test drove match or even pay a little more if they threw in some oil changes but they declined.

Only surprise: this model does not have HomeLink and I had to go out and dig out my old garage remote control and replace the batteries since it's been years since our cars didn't have that. Not the end of the world but just assumed cars in this class would all have that.

Good luck all and thanks for all the help here!
  • descolorfuldescolorful Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for that info. What were the fees for financing?
    Also, I have driven the EX-L cylinder and noticed a slight hestitation @ parking lot speeds of 15-20 mph with the CVT. I have driven 3 or 4 including the sport and noted that with each one of them. Motor Trend made a comment about it when they drove the pre-production model and my salesman said that they had noticed the same thing, but didn't have any answer to what that was. Talked with a shop foreman and he mentioned a clutch of some sort that is clicking in at that point. The reason for my question and concern is I plan to buy a new 2013 and want to keep it for a LONG time. Have you had any issues with this? What kind of gas mileage are you getting?
    Fees for financing? Zero. They attempted to add about $100 to the final financed amount for this, and I rejected that since I was more than happy to write a check for the full amount. Faced with that proposition they dropped this additional fee.

I have not noticed any hesitation like you describe.

As to gas mileage, I've only filled the tank once and the MPG with mixed driving was 32 MPG. I plan to fill again in the next two or three days and will try to remember to post the new amount once I have it.

I'm using an iPad app named Road Trip HD to track my fuel intake and gas mileage, and also track all maintenance. I highly recommend it for those who are interested in monitoring this sort of thing with a high degree of accuracy.
    It was a cash deal. They were a great dealer. no bait and switch. I believe that it is completely worth it to drive for a day to get dealer willing to move volume. I got lucky that East Stroudsburg was willing to nearly match. I am ready to buy redesigned pilot for my wife from them in 22 months. I am happy to talk and maybe give advice to anyone trying to get invoice or below..
    Carcam, What dealership? Dealers can be posted, no salesman.
    The price they quoted me was 22,676 plus destination and whatever addons they threw on there... so it was 23,717 before taxes. Which according to Edmunds is $750 below invoice. Hope this helps at all!

(This was for an EX coupe @ Brown's Honda City in Glen Burnie, MD.)

(I am supposed to take delivery today, but with Sandy knocking on the door, I may wait a couple days... any advice on that?)
    The dealership in East Stroudsburg pa. is Ray Price Honda. internet guy is Justin
  • raj_12raj_12 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Brian:

Can you please provide the dealer info who could get you the $28,000 OTD price for Honda Accord 2013 EX-L with Nav options.

Thank you,
    RK
  • isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    yes, that's why we bought the 2012 - we got it for $19000 which is way below invoice due to the big dealer cash incentive - that's why they could discount the car so much

we still regret not buying the 2013 accord - just for the basic features of bluetooth & backup camera alone it is worth it

we do not like the 2012 accord - how it looks or drives - personally, if i had a choice, i would buy the 2012 camry - which has much better styling, driving, and features. i liked this car much better, but alas, the dealer just could not offer what honda was - in terms of car pricing or financing incentives

our payment is more like a lease payment, yet we own the car and don't have to worry about miles, extra insurance, etc... also we are in an excellent equity position, and due to us not liking this car, can trade out of it now if we want to - this is what was most important to us

still considering a trade in a couple months when the 2013 accord incentives start - maybe during "happy honda days" near christmas - already have called dealer expressing our dissatisfaction with purchase

my advice: make sure your girlfriend REALLY likes this car before buying - or she will end up with the buyers remorse we currently have

good luck
    edited October 2012
    Islover,,,,,,,Thats why i was saying in earlier posts to someone that If your not getting 2000 or more below invoice on a 2012 Accord you are cheating yourself.. You cant compare the 2012 to NEW 2013. Night and Day. Plus in two months on Jan 1, 2013 your car depreciated about $ 2000 Dollars. By Jan , 2013, There will be great deals on a new model Accord.

there was no extra cash or trade in. This was excellent price. I achieved this price because Weymouth honda in mass. had similar price. I was willing to drive to get this deal. When I approached Ray Price Honda, internet guy verified the internet price on Weymouth hondas website after registering and almost matched it. Ray Price honda in poconos does lot of internet business. My local Reading Pa dealer would not get within 2000 of this price even though I bought two hondas from them in last 10 years. This price on 2013 honda accord exL v6 at this time in new release cycle is incredible but do able. Especially if willing to drive to boston. Look at my first post. I am willing to respond to anyone who has questions. Good luck gary 2222.
    Raj where do you live?

I have the EXL V-6, i haven't noticed this.
  • htrainreloadedhtrainreloaded Member Posts: 10
    Congratulations on your purchase. That seems like a good price. Good Job.
  • belindajonbelindajon Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    Just bought this beauty from Weir Canyon Honda, internet price quoted was $23,942. and that is what I paid. When I went to purchase the car, the sales people at Weir were polite, courteous and very friendly. No hard sell. I am ecstatic with my new car and will definitely shop Weir again. They gave me a great deal on a great car and I couldn't be happier! :)
  • jhuang45jhuang45 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2012 LX Honda Accord on Oct 10 at Autopark Honda, Cary, NC for $19500 otd.
  • meastmeast Member Posts: 2
    Purchased the vehicle on 10/28/12 for $27,300 (plus destination, taxes, tags, and $200 processing fee). This price was $200 below invoice. Extras included in the deal were: Wheel Locks, Nitrogen, Mud Guards, and Trunk Tray.

I made the purchase at Honda of Bowie (Maryland) and the salesman was Travis. The buying experience was very smooth and Travis was terrific to work with.
    I just purchased the 2013 Accord LX from Brown's Honda in Maryland (I dealt with Brandy and Mike-I had a great experience!) the price plus freight was $20,804.83, plus $20.00 electronic transfer fee, plus $198.00 processing charge, plus 6% tax ($1,224.17), plus MD registration fee of $253.00, which equals out the door for $22,500.00. (car came with trunk mat, floor mats and pinstripe and splash-guards).
    Congrats man, that place was cake to deal with. If I woulda known you were going in you coulda used my name... I woulda gotten $50 out of it hahaha.

Mine came with the pinstripe too... Not too sure how I feel about it.
    Has anyone been able to get the $500 military rebate? The info. at the dealership says for active military no retirees. I don't understand Honda's posistion on this. My dealer says there is nothing they can do since to get the rebate it requires a LRS, i have a RAS so therefore the dealer says no. I contacted Honda Customer Care & Finance they say it's up to the dealer, the one rep. says only active military & i ask to speak to their mgr. & was told they would call me back. Just wondering if anyone has had this experience?