Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited November 2012
    This is how i'm negotiating to buy a accord in jan 2013. Weymouth is selling Honda Accords for 498 below invoice. but charging 249 doc fee's. So Weymouth is selling there honda accords for 249 below invoice price. GREAT PRICE. They are a high volume dealer. I already contacted Weymouth Honda spoke with one of the internet mangers. told him i'm up in Boston end of jan 2013 for buiness and will buy from there dealership a 2013 Accord v6 exl with mud guards, wheel locks for 749 below invoice price plus a Deck lid Spoiler at invoice price of $239. Installed on vehicle. Weymouth Honda wont take doc fee's off so i added them onto my below invoice price. I was told this deal would be no problem in Jan 2013. All big dealerships that sell in high volume get big kick backs from the manufactorer for selling more cars.. If you are a good negotiator you will get a good price. This is how you play the game.. I probably will not be anywhere near Boston to buy this car in Janurary but its something to fall back on if i cant pull the trigger on a better deal in new york. I have seen a few post in this forum already for invoice and below in the New York / New Jersey area.. Hope this helps folks. I know just reading peoples post in here on buying is half the battle and makes your buying decision so much easier to do.. ............ Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• honda_ighonda_ig Member Posts: 13
    The dealer I went to was VIP Honda in north plainfield NJ. Great experience.
    Also, avoid Route 22 honda in Hillside, NJ. Horrible salespeople- waste of time.

Good luck!
    VIP is a very good Dealership. i have 2 dealings with them. I was set to buy my last honda over at VIP but the day i was ready to buy Autosport Honda in bridgeport, RT 22 left me a message on my cell that he had the car i wanted and would do my price plus it had mud guards, and 2 extra's on the vehicle he was throwing in.. It was a no brainer. I called him back and secured the car with a credit card deposit.. picked it up the next day. i also have purchased from paul miller honda very good.......... tks for sharing............. brian

• gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    Many years ago, Car and Driver had an article comparing AWD with seasonal tires to FWD and RWD with snow tires.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/features/winter-traction-test-what-price-traction
    I didn't get a Legacy because it didn't do as well on some of the crash tests as some other mid-size cars but I would suggest reading the reviews at Car and Driver, Motor Trend and Road and Track when it was last re-designed.
  • r000r000 Member Posts: 53
    After dealing with 12 Honda dealerships in the tri-state area, finally located one that gave me a great price with no gimmicks.

Dealer is in Paramus, NJ ;)

$22650 before TTL.

With NYC taxes (8.875%) and TL, OTD price was $25300.
    Forgot to ask you Honda ig ..... what was VIP"s Doc fee's, and any other OTD fee's? tks

• honda_ighonda_ig Member Posts: 13
    Doc fee was $379 and registration fee $240
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    I should have mentioned in my earlier response that I ended up with a Camry but the real life accident data from the Highway Loss Data Institute shows that the Legacy is one best in regards to medical claims while my 2010 Camry was one of the worst, which is why you won't find me in the Camry forum :)
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    How much was your HondaCare? I have a 13 Accord EXL w/Navi. I'm looking into getting HondaCare due to the new technology. What is the dealers website? I want to see how much they want for the 7yr 1000,00 mi. zero deductible HondaCare.
    edited November 2012
    R000, POST BELOW INFO SO FORUM CAN SEE NYC AREA PRICING.
    What was the Paramus Dealerships name? How much was his Doc fee's,,, Dmv fee's, and any other OTD prices.. Your deal was $ 640. Above Invoice price..... if $ 22,650 was Invoice price on the sport model. You did a good job on getting that price.. enjoy your new car.................. Brian

• izmeeh5izmeeh5 Member Posts: 11
    For those who live in or near the area, you may want to consider Avery Greene Honda. They claim to beat ANY competitor's written quote.
    I bought a 2013 Honda Accord LX with splash (mud) guards, door edge trim and wheel lock.

Price: $20,625
    Doc processing charge: $80
    Tax (8.375%): $1,734.04
    License: $157
    CA Tire fees: $8.75
    Smog abatement fee: $20
    Total: $22,713.39

Although I live over an hour drive away, I went with them for several reasons. 1) The lowest price I have been quoted. 2) James was very nice. He worked with me instead of against me. 3) I'm financing through PenFed at 1.49% for 60 months. However, I will be paying 0.99% for 60 months since Avery Greene Honda is part of PenFed's Car Buying Program. I could have received 0.49% if I would have gone with the 48 months plan. Honda offered me a 2.49% APR for 60 months.

I know the price will go down in December or January. I will feel really bad if the price will go down within a week or so.

I'm not too proud of this when I research after I have bought it: Karr Alarm. I paid $399 + tax.

Price wise, I hope this help someone. I will write a review about them at local places later since they are awesome and worth the praises.
  • pgm17pgm17 Member Posts: 51
    Looking in the Miami area, so far this is quote I got. Thoughts?
    My main gripe is the dealer fee, looking to work that down or eliminate it.

2013 Accord Sedan Sport CVT
    Vehicle Price - 23,153.72
    DMV Fees - 208.50
    Dealer Fee - 699.00
    Taxes - 1,481.55
    Total OTD - 25,542.77
  • pgm17pgm17 Member Posts: 51
    Also got a quote on the LX, not sure which model I am getting just yet...

2013 Accord Sedan LX CVT
    Vehicle Price - 21,594.03
    DMV Fees - 208.50
    Dealer Fee - 699.00
    Taxes - 1,387.97
    Total OTD - 23,889.50
  • darrin8darrin8 Member Posts: 14
    What was your invoice price for the 13 EXLV6 W/NAV? Do you have a good source for what invoice is on the vehicle and options? I.E. deck lid spoiler, rear / front, and side under body spoilers?
    Brian125, where did you get the invoice price of 239.00 for the deck lid spoiler? is there a site i can get the invoice prices for options (underbody spoilers and rims that are listed as options for the 13 Accord EXLV6 W/ NAV?

darin8
    Not good at posting links. try this..... College hills honda. when you get to home page click on 2013 accord accessories.. if that dont work type in GENUINE HONDA ACCESSORIES i seen the body kits and prices posted.

• fg_for_hondafg_for_honda Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    I did a compare of College Hills Honda and the dealer I purchased from using Amazon. The shipping was almost the same.

Amazon / College Hills

1. All Season Floor Mats $100.00 / $104.48
    2. Splash Guards $70.00 / $69.60
    3. Trunk Tray $90.00 / $97.20
    4. Cargo Net $38.00 / $36.00

So as you can see, you may want to go with HONDAKING143 at Amazon or Ebay.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda-accord-sedan-accessories/2013-honda-accor- d-sedan-exterior-accessories.htm
  • chanhn_99chanhn_99 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Zonecar,

I am about to go to Rock Honda to get a 2013 Sport Accord and get the same
    quote of $22150. Question to you is did they try to sell you accessories/equipment + their financing ? or just $22150 + TTL= $24160 like yours. I have to drive 2 hrs to get there, so just wanted to make sure I get all the scoops. thanks
  • jdp6jdp6 Member Posts: 8
    So far so good. It is pretty smooth and compared to my old car (1998 Avalon that you could here from a mile away) it is not noisy at all. My only slight issue is that it isn't that fast. It doesn't burst like other cars.
  • kbbskbbs Member Posts: 2
    I have been eagerly waiting to purchase a 2013 Honda Accord Manual Transmission (LX or Sport) sedan, but none of the dealers in Phoenix, AZ appear to have one in stock (nor in the near distant future). Has anyone purchased a 2013 Accord Manual Transmission? Is Honda building only CVTs? Is MT sedan only available via special order? Any insights are appreciated. Best regards.
  • greycargreycar Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    I am interested in buying a 2013 accord ex -l v6 w /navi. I have been quoted $34, 439.00 out the door. Personally I thought it was too much, what do you guys think. Anyone buy this model yet and at what price? Also wondering about the out the door price of the touring model.
  • okaniokani Member Posts: 20
    What state are you in? Can u break up your quote? Do u get any options there? if you're in NY with sales tax rate at 8.875 - that brings down your price before taxes to 31631 - which is a reap off even for NY - even though there is a big demand for all type of cars after Sandy. Hard to say what kind of options you get or dealership fees are there.
    As a matter of fact yes I am in NY, I was quoted from two different dealerships 1 gave me $30,600 with destination only. The second gave me $33,439 out the door. The second quote sounded too much and the first one after Attlee would pretty much be the same price. The didn't even throw anything in the car for that price. Personally I thought that was too much, that is why I hoped someone else bought this model and at what price.
    edited November 2012
    Invoice price on any model is very do able if you live on east coast. YOU should make that your buying point and not 1 dollar over that amount.. read thru prior post. The model of car you choose wont change the price to buy at invoice.. There are several post from N.Y. and N.J that bought at Invoice price and below. Forget those other 2 dealerships they want to rip you off.. read my prior posts to get a idea of how to buy by phone or online. just give a yell if you need help there are alot of people in this forum that will guide you..................... check out post from vip honda in n.j. selling below invoice but have high doc fee's.. good luck... brian

• maxpower02maxpower02 Member Posts: 103
    Hey Brian,
    Thanks for the advice. I am in NYC, and looking for 13'exlv6. I am ready to buy, (lease) but am waiting for the prices to settle. But here is the thing, with the storm totaling so many cars here, (my sister lost 2) the demand might keep the prices high for a while. I have a 03'exlv6 that is in great shape, so I can wait a while, but if the demand for cars picks up, maybe now is the time to start the process. Would love invoice price!! I am sure a lot of us here in the tri-state area are thinking the same thing.
  • sewanee1970sewanee1970 Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a White EX-L 4 cyl from Hennessy Honda in Woodstock, GA (Atlanta) for $26,179. The OTD price was $28,798 (included 7% sales tax). We used the USAA car buying service and they dealership honored the pricing , no problem. We felt like we got a good deal after shopping other Atlanta dealers for about a week. USAA pricing is very similar to TrueCar Pricing.

They even thru in a trunk liner and mud guards. We were happy with the buying experience at Hennessy as well as the beautiful new Honda Accord.
  • rvcacarrvcacar Member Posts: 2
    You should be able to get $23,800.00. I would go with Hardin Honda and ask for the manager and talk to him directly. Power Honda of Costa Mesa is great as well.
    Max power, good point with the aftermath of sandy over here. the better dealerships will still deal but and i'm sure there will be alot of dealers trying to capitalize on our disaster. Supply and demand factor. If your going to lease same rule applies get your lowest price 1st then work your lease numbers off that price. tell every dealer 500 below invoice gets it done. At worst case lease car for invoice price its do- able now... good luck

To high of a price. $30,035 invoice for that car in chesapeake VA with no accessories.
    edited November 2012
    In regards to the dealership that quoted me $30,600, that is over invoice by around $500 and change. Also I forgot to mention that I had bought two cars from that dealership from them in the past 12 years. When I said that he said he would waiver the destination charge. So in that case the invoice price of the car now becomes $29,3xx.00. He wasn't quoting me invoice at that point he was charging me above invoice and destination which is $30,116.00.
    As far as the touring model it is about $1360.00 more than the exl v6 w /navi. One could argue at that price difference why not get the touring?
  • ceejaysquaredceejaysquared Member Posts: 2
    So I've got an internet quote for an exl v6 honda accord of $28,631 in southwest Virginia. This includes the $790 destination fee and is about $50 above invoice, no options. The only change to OTD price would be VA sales tax of 3%, so about $29,500 out the door.

Is this a good deal?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a the latest model VW Passat or Honda Accord sedan, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email [email protected] no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sheldoncpedsheldoncped Member Posts: 3
    You beat my OTD by $402. We also got the mud guards and pin stripes. It seems prices are settling down to below invoice right now. I got a quote from Hennessey but it was ridiculouslly high, so I never got down to the nitty-gritties with them. I wanted to wait on our purchase, but our old car is still in the shop for a new transmission. So it was either rent a car for a few weeks, strand the wife and really make her p'oed. I chose to stay out of the dog house. Our son will be 16 in a couple of weeks, so he will now be the new "cool" driver of the old soccer mom mini van for a while.
  • okaniokani Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2012
    Plaza Honda in Brooklyn doesn't honor loyal customers, I bought my first car 4 years ago and they treat me like a bag of money, what ever were in the past is in the past - that's their approach.
  • davids2000davids2000 Member Posts: 1
    I just want to share. I bought the 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L with wheel locks as the accessory.
    Silver and black interior.

Base price $26,300 (destination fee included)
    Dealer document fee $80 (taxable)
    California tax (8.25%) $2,176.35
    Electronic vehicle registration or transfer charge $15.5 (dealer's fee, but non-taxable)
    DMV registration, license, & misc. fees $279.75
    Total out the door $28,851.60

This car is from Honda of Serramonte, Daly City, CA. I hope this help the future buyers!
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Great price, Basically invoice pricing. Looking for an EX 4cyl CVT myself but i want to pay at least $500 BELOW invoice ($22700). No rush to get it right now so i am willing to wait at least 3 months. With the Camry's seemingly unstoppable sales run, Honda dealers will see the light shortly and start going below invoice.
  • tpbctpbc Member Posts: 13
    Honda dealer is offering a $146 per month lease (36 months) on the Accord LX 2013 Sedan with CVT. Any thoughts as to whether Honda will follow up with aggressive lease pricing on the 2013 Accord V-6 that may result in a $250 per month lease price? Is Honda publicizing any hidden rebates/holdbacks that result in low lease price?
    FX.................. you are dead on with pricing...Time is on your side.. Consumer Reports is know saying the 2013 Camry is back on top as the best car in class. I think the Toyota corp. is in bed with consumer reports. Waiting to see how they rate the new Accord..... The Nissan Altima did not get a great write up this month in the consumers Report issue . I was surprised. the Altima's are selling as much as 1800 below invoice. You know Toyota does not sell like The Honda people with there pricing. I would say by Feb or March 2013 Honda will have had there run with gouging there prices and be in a numbers fight with Toyota, Nissan and Kia. If your a good Negotiator by December you could get well below invoice price. There are post now showing up to 300 below invoice. just have to remember if your not persisted those doc fee's of 300 bring you back to invoice . just say no its a deal breaker OR ADD THAT 300 DOC FEE TO YOUR BELOW INVOICE PRICE. time is on your side if you can wait to purchase.

ceejay,
    That sounds like a really good internet quote for including destination fee. Are you sure the 28,631 includes the destination fee? and this is a 2013 Accord EXL V6?
    If this is all true let me know the dealership name because I would like to send them my bottom line price quote. I have searched around the DC and Hampton roads area for the 2013 Accord EXL V6 and the best I have received so far was $30,030.00 to include a destination fee of 790.00. Then you would have to add on any options, 3%VA sales tax, processing fee, and tags. Processing fees here in Chesapeak are avertised at $599 but I think that can be negotiated a little.
    Ceejay, sorry I mis spoke from the last reply to you. The price quote was for a 2013 Accord EXL V6 W/NAV not a 2013 Accord EXL V6. The best quote I have received so far is $30,030.00 to include destination fee. This was from one dealer in the DC and Hampton roads area. That is why I questioned your internet qoute for the EXL V6. Ithout your quote included a NAV unit in the car.
  • spinalspinal Member Posts: 1
    Was quoted 26888 OTD for an EX, is this good? Sales also told me they installed a protection package on the car already which worth about 999. He said all Honda dealers pre install this on all new cars. This was at Southbay Honda in Milpitas, CA. Please advise.
  • juanvaldezjuanvaldez Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    Am looking to lease 13 Accord in Chicago. What does Residual Value of .00155 mean?

Does a 4 or a 6 have better residual value?

Want to lease for 24 or 36 months, and can put down downpayment.

What else do I need to understand to make a decision?

Thx for any input.
    Juan, let me try and help you understand leasing. Same rule applies with buying or leasing. Always work your lowest price for said vehicle. Your money factor, and residual value is what the car is worth for that time frame of 3 or 4 years , and what the value of said vehicle will be after lease period. Go to Edmunds leasing forum for Accord and ask the Car-man for the numbers on your make, model, lease period , and mileage you want. This is the formula for leasing. I dont like to lease but thses rules set the price. Once you have your leasing numbers make sure the dealership you buy works those same numbers for your monthly price......

• alvlee01alvlee01 Member Posts: 5
    low end models (LX, Sport) will have much better residuals than the 6. Reason is because the V6's do not sell nearly as much
  • alvlee01alvlee01 Member Posts: 5
    Good luck with getting "below" invoice. They are not even letting employees buy the new Accords for under invoice. And Camry's alleged "unstoppable" sales are tanking. I stopped by the Toyota dealership in my town and their sales manager was griping about how ever since the 13 Accords were announced their typical Camry sales numbers have dropped to less than 50% of usual sales volumes, and that Toyota Motors had to institute several thousands of dollars in cash incentives to "whore them out".

If you understand anything about how cars are sold you would know that not a single dealership anywhere will sell a newly re-designed vehicle for UNDER invoice without factory incentives or without bending you over backwards in the back end.

You can wait your 3 months, and then you will continue to wait because as the 2012 CR-V's are any indication, they just NOW started discounting them anywhere close to invoice almost a full year after it was released.

Please, save yourself the embarrassment, go to Truecar.com, go see the pricing of what they are selling for in your market, then slap yourself for even thinking you can get $500 under invoice, including destination. BTW, the three Honda Dealerships within 10 miles of my house have no problems selling them at MSRP...or $500 off sticker...you might want to wait until the 2014's come out to receive a significant discount.

Happy hunting
  • a931048a931048 Member Posts: 6
    I am in the Dallas area. I am seeing (in autotrader) Huggins Honda advertising $19715 for 2013 Accord LX CVT and David McDavid of Frisco advertising $19999 for the same. So looks like they are below invoice.
  • a931048a931048 Member Posts: 6
    And David McDavid of Frisco just lowered their price to $19599.
  • maxpower02maxpower02 Member Posts: 103
    Going lease shopping this weekend for a 13'exlv6....quick question..is the money factor (now.00155) and residual value (now 58%) negotiable?

I am guessing that the residual value is not..but the money factor which is 3.72% (.00155x2400), is high, I have excellent credit, so can I try to negotiate the MF number, or am I wasting my time? I know, negotiate the best price for the car..then go from there, but do dealers use other leasing companies, for better rates or just Honda Financing? Any help will be appreciated.
  • princessbslprincessbsl Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote on the 2013 Accord EX-L and I was curious if this was a good deal. Keep in mind that I live in an area where there is no competition and these cars are flying off the lot!
    Car Price includes dest fee: $26,985.
    Doc Fee $85
    Sales Tax of $1554
    Total OTD Price of $28,624