Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• carcam123carcam123 Member Posts: 7
    You are simply wrong alvlee, Look back at my posts. Three weeks Ago I purchased 2013 EXL V6 without Nav for 27999.00 before TTL. I described exactly how I did it. Several other forum participants also used my advice and got under invoice already in redesign cycle. I achieved 300 under invoice. Read my posts. Go To Weymouth honda's website and travel to boston to pick it up. I was willing to do it until dealership in poconos nearly matched Weymouth's price. To anyone, go to Weymouth's website, register, and you will already have their internet price. They are great. Read my past posts. I know there will be more fellow forum people who will be thanking me. Good hunting. Invoice is completly doable at this time.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    edited November 2012
    Looks like you should be the one smacking yourself for thinking the Accord will not go below invoice within months of its debut. Did you even read through this prices paid thread before commenting??? Several people have paid invoice (including the person i replied to that generated your post) or even below and the vehicle has only been out for 2 months. This is no S2000 or MR2. This is Honda's mass produced bread and butter Accord! Its a segment where you price it right and move massive units or get out of the way for the next manufacturer to rule this class. The Camry still rules the sales crown and Honda is not challenging for that coveted crown by sticking to MSRP. As somebody else already mentioned, dealers like Weymouth are already advertizing $500 over invoice on several models. Please do a little reading (and thinking) before commenting in future.
  • hondafan31hondafan31 Member Posts: 14
    I respectfully do not agree with your post. Less than 3 weeks ago I purchased an Accord 2013 EX-L V6 no navi (MSRP sticker $30,860). Price I paid was $27,794, plus $55 for wheel locks, $399 Processing fee plus VA sales tax and tags. Total out the door price was $29,101. There was no trade in, this was strictly a new car purchase. Based on my experience I can assure you that following the methodology described by carcam123 does work.
  • km19km19 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting Out of Door quotes of $25350 , car price being $22999 , Is it a good deal ?
    Also the dealer is asking almost $250 for splash guards and wheel locks , are they really needed ?
  • okaniokani Member Posts: 20
    he was talking about below invoice price, not MSRP.
    Factory invoice is $27502 + destination Fee 790=28292, to me any price below $28292 is a good price, not sure what people mean when they say under invoice: factory invoice or factory invoice + destination fee.
    I paid for my first accord in 2008 factory invoice + $100, currently the deals I'm getting include destination fee, which is $790 more :(
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    MF is set by the leasing company based on your credit score. While you can negotiate financing rates with the dealer, I've never heard of anyone who has negotiated the MF.
    I have seen some advertised lease rates for the Accord that are definitely third party leasing companies. The Honda Financial bank fee is $595 so if you see a different amount in the ad, you know it's not Honda - but stay away, they will get you at the end. I just turned in a Camry leased from Toyota Financial with eight scratches and dents, including a big gash on the bumper. The damage came to $1,200 on the pre-inspection report but I wasn't charged a penny. Toyota wants you to lease another car in the future. I've leased from Saab (twice), Volkswagen, Subaru and Mazda. Only one charged me a small amount for damage and it was $1,000 less than the collision shop quoted me. The only car I leased thru a third party was an Audi thru Hann Financial. I had one little scratch and a little ding, and they hit me with a bill over $1,000 (it was in the early days of leasing before pre-inspections). Pay the extra few bucks a month to Honda Financial.
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    Does the $25,350 include Taxes and destination fee. If it does, then the price is fair. I'd say $250 is about right with the wheel locks. You can go to the Honda estore and price the items. The estore gives U the MSRP for the accessory and then lists below that price with installation. The dealer can't do it for free so if the difference is reasonable It's a fair price. You can find the Honda estore on their website or just google it.
  • yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    Hi Brian, thanks for sharing! VIP quoted me yesterday 19880 for the 2013 Accord LX, that's the same as most quote I get for 2013 Altima base. I haven't tried to go further since I'm not sure whether the price will go down further in a week or two or so. May I ask for suggestions on this quote? Should I take it or what?
  • juanvaldezjuanvaldez Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    13 Accord Sedan w/Nav 4 Cyl MSRP + Destination Fee = $30,785. The best buy price I got so far is $27,973.

The best 36 Mo lease price with no down payment so far is $470.

Any idea how much lower I can get in the Chicago/Cook Co market?
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    I believe the residual is 57%. What MF are they quoting you? Even if you put the bank fee, doc fee, taxes and license fees into the lease, essentially a sign and drive, it should be under $470.
    edited November 2012
    Okani - I agree with your comment that many of the references to invoice pricing are confusing ("not sure what people mean when they say under invoice: factory invoice or factory invoice + destination fee"). I also find it a bit confusing when the majority of posts don't mention whether their price paid is a deal that includes a trade in (dealer can make their margin on one or both sides of a deal). Regarding your assessment of a good price (Factory invoice $27,502 + Destin Fee $790 = $28,292, any price below $28,292 is a good price) my price paid of $28,193 for my EX-L V6 no Nav (purchase, no trade in) compares well ($27,794 w/Destn + $399 Proc. fee= $28,193).
    edited November 2012
    I purchased my car from Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, (Matt P., Sales) and paid $29,101 OTD for my EX-L V6 no Nav (MSRP sticker w/Destn of $30,860). Price paid was $27,794, plus $55 for wheel locks, $399 Processing fee plus VA sales tax and tags. There was no trade in, this was strictly a new car purchase. Read my previous posts and the posts by carcam123.
  • juanvaldezjuanvaldez Member Posts: 4
    MORE HELP - I have a quote for $498 for Cook County/Chicago and the same dealer says in Lake County the lease would be $440. Does that make sense that the difference in taxes is $2,088 over 36 months?
  • thetripleithetriplei Member Posts: 7
    Are you able to provide some more details on that offer? That's a great price from all of my research thus far, I'd really be interested in dealing with them, especially if you even end up getting that for lower! How soon are you likely to be making a deal? I'm looking to make mine by the end of the month. If you finish yours by then, I would be willing to then go to the same person and put you as the referral and let you get the referral check. Might as well go to a fellow car buying looking to maximize their finances!
  • thetripleithetriplei Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    Before I got too excited on that one, I probably should have asked, was the manual or CVT? If it's the CVT then I definitely meant every word I said! haha
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Yes, Chicago has an extra 6% lease tax...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I went to VIP yesterday. It was LX CVT. But they charge $750 for new time buyers. Which means that if you bought a car at VIP within 24 months, they will take that off. That means, for new buyers, the price goes back to invoice. They were willing to go down to about 22700, but that's too much for me, and I am willing to wait until January, or go on a 2009 Toyota Camry which will cost me 11000.
  • km19km19 Member Posts: 2
    Got myself the EX this thanksgiving.
    The deal was $ 25500/- for Out of Door including all fees / taxes as well as splash guards , wheel locks and all season mats.
    The dealer charged another 1,814 for 8 years / 120 k package and lojack .
    The basic price of the car was $ 23,000/-
    The dealer was Sierra Honda and they were 10/10 in entire dealing.

What do you guys say ?
    I saw yesterday someone tried to get a deal between 25000 and 25100, failed his attempt.
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    dealing right now at riverside honda ---riverside CA ---sport $=21628, Ex= 22736.00....im on the table right now with the deadly game of haggling. i'll try to get it at 400 less the price i posted. will let you know later
    I am really thinking of what Brian was saying. Dealers don't have to give you a deal. Just be careful don't pass their deadline or they will kick you out of the door. Good luck~
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Honda fan, AND OKANI

HERE IS THE BREAKDOWN ON YOUR CONFUSING QUESTION ABOUT PRICING

1- Dealers Invoice price= what Dealer paid for vehicle

All dealers get a 2 to 3 % holdback on every vehicle sold depending on car company... If you buy a Accord at invoice price the dealer is still making between 700 to 1000 on his holdback...then add his doc fee's, and added items such as pin stripping, mud guard, nitrogen in tires etc. they are laughing all the way to the back.. Dont let them..

2- Dealers M.S.R.P.......= Sticker price on every vehicle. this is the Suggest price from the Factory. This means every dealer has room to negotiate for his profit from the full M.S.R.P.. If they can get it... or they could sell car at what they pay for it know as invoice price. This is the dealers wiggle room on his profit margin..

3- Destination charge/ Del charge all the same. every buyer has to pay this freight charge of $ 790. Once you determine dealer invoice on vehicle you need to add the dest/ charge onto vehicle price along with any other otd prices including your states sales tax. When people in this forum post there out the door numbers it actually means Nothing to us unless they are telling you what State they live in? , how much that dealers doc fee's where? and any other prices after the actually car sale number.... the only numbers you need to know is how much below or above dealers invoice price did that that dealership sell at. then you want to negotiate dealers doc fee's and either lowering them or getting them removed from deal..............

This is how you can determine what price to start your negotiating at.
    If your target price is dealer invoice which it should be. then you tell every dealer thats the number that gets it done. once you let the dealer start giving you his idea of a good deal Your done and your leverage is over.. I BUY RIGHT KNOW AT MY PRICE... YES OR NO THEN MOVE ONTO NEXT DEALERSHIP. always try to buy the last days of any month you have the best leverage... the better negiotaters get the best price buying this way. gotta play there game................... Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• brorantulabrorantula Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I went to a couple Honda dealerships around Boston, MA and the best offer I received for the 2013 Accord Sport CVT was, after taxes and fees, at 23,500 out the door.

Is this a good deal? I read some past posts in this forum but couldn't find much about others experience/pricing with the Sport. I was hoping for a 22k-23k out the door with the Sport, or is that asking for too much?

Does anyone know if there are any place better around the Boston area.

Thanks!
    Yang, cant answer that question... GETTING THE BEST PRICE IS DETERMINED HOW GOOD A NEGOTIATOR YOU ARE.. you choose the vehicle that best suits you. The Altima vs the Accord. Altima handles better , better gas mileage, seat comfort,, Accord better Tech features and quality of car, better resale value.... You will get a better price on the Altima right now... check edmunds boards on Altima's they been selling for below invoice pricing.... seen as high as 1800 below invoice price... When you decide on the vehicle you want call 10 to 20 dealerships the last days of the month with invoice price on the Accord and 1000 below invoice or lower on the Altima.. Read prior post in your area on pricing in both message boards to get a idea on what your target price should be.. good luck............. Brian

Borantula, the model your looking to buy makes no difference on price . find the dealerships that r selling at invoice and go make the deal. Waymouth Honda . M.A. are selling for just alittle below invoice pricing check out web site or call inter manger on pricing

Thanks for responding to my post! I am still in the middle of my decision, but it is a very hard one, but I thought with an higher chance I will go after the Accord. There is two more confusions. I tried your methods, and called a couple of dealers. I told them that I will also call other dealers. But they only ended up calling me back and trying to bait me in, or saying that they are not able to get the OTD number or they usually don't discuss it over the phone. What should I do in this situation? I also believe that if you have a target price, it should not be too far away from what the dealers are selling at. When you say that the dealers are making 1000 when selling at invoice price, what target price should I set for myself in the first place? Many thanks in advance~
  • vortix1vortix1 Member Posts: 22
    Bad advice. You forgot to mention that there are often factory-to-dealer incentives. Sometimes these are published online, sometimes not. These can be regional, or even targeted at specific dealers. I always recommend asking as many dealers as you can what their lowest price is, and going from there.

I usually get my Hondas well under invoice price due to factory-to-dealer incentives...especially this time of year on "last years's" 2012 models.
  • anne99anne99 Member Posts: 11
    I plan to purchase a 2013 Honda Accord.

I subscribed to the CarBargains service from the Center for the Study of Services. 800-475-7283

If you’d like more information about CarBargains, this is the web site: http://www.checkbook.org/auto/carbarg.cfm

Select the make, model, and year in the upper right hand corner

As part of this service, CarBargains obtained pricing information from five dealerships. Here is some of the information CarBargains provided:

Invoice MSRP
    Base price $20,579 $22,480
    Vehicle Subtotal $20,579 $22,480
    Destination Charge $790 $790
    TOTAL PRICE $21,369 $23,270

As part of this service, one dealership indicated they would sell the car for $1,000 above invoice. Here is my question. Should I offer to pay the invoice ($20,579) + $1,000 or should I just offer to pay the $20,579? Why do I need to pay the $1,000 over the invoice?

Doesn’t the manufacturer provide a hold-back to the dealership, 1-3 % of the MSRP? If so, is that enough profit for the dealership?

Thank you
  • udericuderic Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2013 LX. I'm in the New York City area. It was my first car buying experience and I've learned a few lessons for next time. I wanted to share my pricing, because it was very helpful to see what everyone else paid. Here is my breakdown:

Base Price: $21,784
    Sales Tax: $1878.87
    NYS Required Tire Recycling Fee: $12.50
    NY State Inspection: $10
    Dealer Fee: $75
    New Plates: $207

OTD @ $23,967.37
    Yang, what state do you live?. Read prior post in your area .. your target price is Dealers invoice on the make and model you want. Read my last few post on how to buy on the phone or online. Your not telling the internet managers the right things. you have to control the conversation. You have to be in talks with someone who has the power to give you there best price that moment..NOT THE SALESMAN WHO WORKS THE FLOOR. Tell every dealer you contact that for invoice price you buy right that moment. its yes or no. If they say no tell DEALERSHIP what is your bottom line price that is close to invoice. then tell him thanks and only call you back if he wants to make a deal at invoice. . move onto next dealer etc, etc,.. buying a car is a negotiation . Once you let a dealer give you his idea of a fair price your done.

I went to this dealership to get the car based on the email i recevied from them, they did not honor the price. Avoid this dealership at all cost. Don"t waste your time
    Really bad bad business practice. Giving you a quote online and not honoring it.
  • chanhn_99chanhn_99 Member Posts: 5
    I bought a 2013 Sport CVT on ThanksGiving at Honda cars of Corona.
    This dealer is great, honor the internet pricing for $22,150 and willing to match or dealers for lower price for in stock car and color.

Internet price for Sport CVT auto nothing added: $22:150

OTD with tax & license fees: $24,300.

Finance will try to sale you alarm and extended warr. for another $1600.

Rock Honda internet pricing for Sport trim : $21,650

Spreen Honda internet pricing: $21, 650 + $790 (dest. charge)

Penske Honda Ontario : $22,000+

If dealer honors best pricing, watch out for financing dep. try to sell you things and given you high interest rate to make more money.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    I typically email multiple internet managers and get their best price via email. But think about things you plan to purchase before you request the bids to get best price. Like if you really want an Accord LX, do you also want wheel locks or winter mats? Or perhaps you want to do some type of 3M film on the nose of the car to protect it from rocks off the highway? Anyway, whatever you want make sure each dealership you send an email to, that the car you want is the same - why, so you can get an apples to apples look at price. The other thing is, how much for dealer conveyence fee's, typically they can range from $100 to $499 bucks. This is a fee that is pure profit to the dealer. You can buy Honda's in the Wash DC area Criswell, Oursmann are two dealers that have very low prices. You can negotiate these fee's off the car. I would wait until Nov 30th to actually buy the car or even Dec 31. There is "holiday cash out there too. Criswell was selling 2013 LX for $21,225 plus destination and they were giving an extra $250 in bonus cash last time I received and email from them.

Have fun and hope you enjoy your new ride when you get it.
  • captain77450captain77450 Member Posts: 3
    LOL. All u noobs are still wet behind the ears!!. Every car at every dealer is priced at 38-40 PERCENT over their real cost when you look at the MSRP. Do you really think car dealers can stay in business making 1 - 3 %.....LOL what a joke. Just look around yourself when at the dealership. See all the amenities......the expensive employees, inventory, building, advertising, tools.....just like LasVegas...........you are gonna pay for all that. A $20k MSRP costs the dealer $13k. The dealer invoice means NOTHING and is no more reliable than the MSRP......its just a piece of printed junk. Do you really think a dealer is gonna tell you what they paid for the car you just bot?.........LOL........wake up noobs.....they are not in business to make 3%!! I use to work for a Ford and Chevy dealer for 20 years........I am still laughing at all these prices on this blog..........LMFAO....
    I went to this dealership to get the car based on the email i recevied from them, they did not honor the price. Avoid this dealership at all cost. Don"t waste your time
    Really bad bad business practice. Giving you a quote online and not honoring it.
    I will post this message everyday so readers can be warned and avoid this dealership, I filed complaint with BBB nad FTC for unfair business practice act.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    'I will post this message everyday...'
    PLEASE do not do that.....
    2022 X3 M40i
    ROB V6, here is a tip for next time. when ever you get your best price online or by phone Tell dealer that you want him to fax over a Buyers Order with make, model, vin number, and all the specific's of the deal. you secure this deal with a credit card deposit til he finds or preps vehicle. Once you both sign that document its a legal document. By buying this way you will see if that dealership is honest and if he tries to sneak in any other fee' s.. Then you can confront him before you sign deal. I have been buying this way since the Internet came along. works 100 % every time. Your comments about Riverside honda.. Here are my thoughts.. make sure you call and email that dealerships general manager and tell him there practices suck and not only have you lodge complaints with bbb, etc you will let as many people as possible know on the Edmunds and other Toyota buying forums about there slimy ways.. Good job

CAPTAIN , iTS IDIOTS LIKE YOUR SELF WHO POST STUPID THINGS IN THESE FORUMS.
    Can you imagine this guy was a salesman for 20 yrs.

Stay over in your Chevy and Ford forums and buy one of those crappy vehicles for 40% off sticker that nobody wants.

If you dont have something constructive to say to help a 1st time buyer in this forum please do not belittle or say things that are not necessary.

As far as your comments on pricing A 20k vehicle cost dealer 13k . Back up your words with facts otherwise keep your comments to yourself..

• sewanee1970sewanee1970 Member Posts: 3
    I think the lesson I learned was to do as much comparitive pricing as possible, preferably on the internet and phone. Once I had a decent price from one dealer, other dealers wanted to match or try to beat it. The new Hondas are great. My wife's 2007 Camry was totaled a month ago (not her fault) and this Honda is her replacement.
  • wutingswutings Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I set out to just browse for cars in Northern Virginia over the weekend, but ended up buying that same day. As I was negotiating with the dealer, I did some research on this forum so I thought I'd say "THANK YOU" to all previous posters and contribute myself.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl w/o Navigation
    Base Price - $24,898
    Freight - $780
    Appearance Pkg (mud guards, wheel locks, etc) - $0
    Titling Tax, Dealer Tax, Registration - $89
    Sales Tax - $782
    License Fee - $66
    Processing Fee - $385
    Total OTD - $27,000

Not sure if this was a "great" deal or not, but I think it was at least "good"! I was not trading in, and even with an excellent credit score was only offered around a 3% financing rate so I opted not to finance through Honda. So far I'm happy with the purchase! Thanks again! :blush:
    edited November 2012
    GREAT deal... Invoice price on a EXL 4 is =$ 25,609 w/o dest charge. you bought for $700 below dealers invoice price. Next time try to neg those high processing fee's in half. All processing fee's are added income for the dealers. Overall great price you should post the Dealerships name so others can decide if they want to email them.

I live in New Jersey. I plan to buy below invoice as I think I am more of a price buyer, so I think I will wait a bit longer till great deals start to happen. Thx for advice!
  • michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    Still shopping for a EX-L V6.

Same guy who offered $500 over invoice in late October is now coming in almost $300 under invoice. There must be some incentives going on out there that we don't know about.

I also love how Weymouth will just give you a quote. I'm in CA, but I can use that quote as a "best case" scenario.

Oh yeah, and I finally test drove one this weekend. Several months after researching and deciding it was the car for me. How funny that a test drive now seems like the least important part of the process.

I'm having trouble figuring out color schemes though. In an EX-L V6, what exterior colors can be purchased if the interior is black? I have a toddler.

Finally, has anyone used carhound.com?

Could $1000 under invoice be possible on December 30th?

How long can I put this off?

Michael.
  • nassaujurnassaujur Member Posts: 9
    How do you get these internet sales managers to fax or email 'buyer's order'? I'm currently shopping for a car and nobody seems to be willing to do that. They say they can't do that just so the customer will present the offer to someone else for a better deal and lose business etc etc. Is there a trick? I'm not a very good in-person negotiator so I would like to have an official deal in my hands before I go visit a dealership.

Is it also a good strategy to offer hundreds below your target price initially?

Thanks for your help!
    Grey, Ivory, or Black interior for exl

edited November 2012
    Nassa,, Read some of my prior post you will get a good idea how to buy online or by phone. Very simply... the trick to getting the best deal is buying the last days of any month or quarters end.. i always buy the last day of the month. Here is what my conversation might sound like to every internet manager i speak to that day til i strike my best deal. Mr jones i am looking to buy said vehicle with theses options, color etc. for xxx below invoice price and no doc fee's added to bill... i will buy from your dealership now. its a yes or no from mr jones...If mr jones says he cant do that price i then ask him to give me his best price closest to my offer. i then thank him and tell him that my offer of xxx gets my business today. and call the next dealership. when you buy like this you kill 2 birds with one stone.. 1- dealer knows if he wants a quick sale to smart buyer who he is probably going to lose to another dealer once you hang up 2- All good dealerships will give you there best price before they let you go or match another dealerships price... after calling 10 or more dealerships and you did not hit your target price you then can either sit back and wait till one of them agree's to your price or gets closest to your target number. Supply and demand play a big part. Usually within the 1st hour i have bought my car on the phone. On every one of my calls i now within the first 2 mins of my conversation if that dealership sells cars or are a bad dealership. Gotta weed them out. just say tks and move on.. thats the great thing about i buy now meet my price or lose me.. Thats the power and your leverage to buying by phone... When the dealerships Internet Manager agree's on price you tell him to Fax you over the Buyers Order with all the numbers, and details. Look it over then you sign.... he signs... give him a credit card deposit to hold car til its prep ed or located usually 1000 dollar refundable deposit works.. real simple. If you cant get Doc fee's knocked of deal... make dealer split them in half with you... Tell dealer it is a deal breaker. All doc fee's are added profits for the dealer. Whats next charging me for the dealers lawn maint. and electric he uses.. should not be included in his price to sell that carto me.... Remember this is a Negotiation the better you get at it the more you stand to save.. any rebates or factory incentives get minused off your target price. Your target price should start below invoice. How much depends on your area and how there selling. If i know a dealerships doc fee's are $349 well thats how much lower i add onto my below invoice price.. gotta play the game.. I live in the nyc area and in jan 2013 i will start my negotiations at 1000 below invoice and will work that number up to my target price of about 700 below invoice with no doc fee's added.. Good luck hope that helps .............. Brian

• michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    Hey Brian--

I mean, if I NEED black interior, what are my exterior choices? I wanted red/black, but they only have red/ivory, for example.
  • fjf48fjf48 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2013 honda accord lx 3 yr 36k miles. In securing the best price should I say that I am looking to lease or buy? Then agree on a price and then say what I am looking to do.
    Ext colors with black interiors,,, Hermaite metallic,,,,,, Black,,,,, Modern Steel,,,,,Alabaster Silver, on the... ex/ exl,, and exl v6 models

Leasing. dont think it matters just call dealers and say you want to lease said vehicle for 700 below invoice price. but let each dealer know your pulling the trigger that moment on the deal.. Thats your leverage. Your xxx price gets the deal done that moment . let Dealership counter you if he wont meet your price . You decide then, or move on to next Dealer.. Use Waymouth Honda as your sticking point on price. of 500 below invoice price. thats what they will sell you a 2013 Accord for with no other haggeling. just remember there doc fee's are high i believe there $369 so its actually just a couple of hundred under invoice your buying at Waymouth Honda. but dont tell other dealers that. Always try to reduce or get doc fee's taken off finally sale. Everything is negotable.. Good luck