Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Start at Dec end. if your not happy with the price your getting wait til jan,2013

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• rajofinrajofin Member Posts: 4
    I purchased 2013 Accord LX from MD (registered in VA) for OTD price of $21000 with Honda Financing. Without financing OTD price was $21.5K so I took the financing and plan to pay it off in a month or two.
    What do you guys think? Was it a good deal or I should have waited. Thanks.
  • yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    Which dealer did you purchase from? Does 21.5 OTD include tax?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Did you get the Manual or CVT Transmission? Also, what is the price before tax etc.? Thanks.
  • raidenhcraidenhc Member Posts: 3
    In June 2009, I bought a new 2009 Honda Accord Sdn 4-cyl EX-L Polished Metal in California with an OTD price of $25,000. I see that for the new 2013 Accords, the listed prices for the same setup (4-cyl sedan EX-L with either metal colors) are all listed for above $30,000 and that's not even including any taxes or fees like the $25,000 did. Is it still possible to get a new Accord with the same price I paid in 2009? How did the Accord become almost $10,000 more expensive? I see the horsepower actually went down from 190 to 185...
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    Please realize that the 2009 Accord is the second year in its generation. The 2013 Accord is in its first year. If you wait another year, you could probably get the same configuration for about $26,000.
    Oh why is that? Do they price it lower after not reaching projected sales in the first year?
  • new2honda2013new2honda2013 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Today I bought my Honda for 22,000 OTD. They are adding leather and I am getting 4 oil changes and 2 tire rotations, and lifetime warranty on the power train (for what its worth). Didn't do the Honda Financing!
  • honda2013njhonda2013nj Member Posts: 6
    Hi, which state are you in ? can you share the dealer information ?

Thanks
  • rkollarkolla Member Posts: 3
    Hey new2honda2013, Please share dealership location details.
    Dealer is College Park Honda, MD. Price includes everything...taxes, other fees...Its the total price I paid to get the car out of the dealership.
    edited December 2012
    Its automatic transmission. Sorry I should have posted that earlier. Sales tax was $623. Some more details as other poster asked:

MSRP - 22480
    Any Dealer addons - Wheel locks, door guard
    Agreed price (including delivery) - OTD $21K with financing, 21.5 w/o financing
    Tax rate in your state - 3%
  • peter07peter07 Member Posts: 7
    For those who have recently purchased a 2013 Honda, have any of you also received a ID for your car radio which Honda use to supply for previous years? If you end up changing the battery on the older Honda's, you usually needed the Radio ID code to reset the radio. Is it different for the new Hondas??
  • jmcshanejmcshane Member Posts: 2
    Where are you seeing over 30k for a 4-cyl. MSRP is $28,785. One month ago I paid $27,200 OTD for an EX-L CVT with truck liner, splash guards and wheel locks. (Honda of Columbia - South Carolina.)
  • accordx2accordx2 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, our salesman gave us a little sticker with a code on it he called a radio code. He affixed it to the first page of the Service history book that came with the rest of the owner manual booklets. You need it to activate the sound system when the battery is replaced.

Apparently this process is still in place. Kind of a PIA.
    This was at Dick Brooks Honda in Greenville, SC!
  • jmcshanejmcshane Member Posts: 2
    What do you mean by "they are adding leather"? It's not an option on the LX.
    Its not included in the standard, but I wanted leather in the car and they said that they can add it. (The rip out the material and put leather on seats and some areas of the door). It costs extra, but is included in the OTD price.
  • oneaccordoneaccord Member Posts: 4
    2013 Accord LX CVT 21,850 OTD from Brown's Honda City in Glen Burnie MD. Price included 6% sales tax and all fees. Had to use their financing 3.99%. Beat all other local MD dealers by $1,000 on internet quote.
  • wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    Did that include any dealer options such as wheel locks? Who was your salesmen?
  • anne99anne99 Member Posts: 11
    if you recently purchased a car in Calif, what are the components of the sale

list price
    mark-up
    sales tax
    Destination
    license
    Registration

other than the price of vehicle itself, what are the other components. I want to know this before going to dealership.

Thanks
  • pilmpilm Member Posts: 5
    It's a PIA for us when we change or disconnect the battery, but an even bigger PIA for someone trying to steal our radio when they find it won't work without the code!
  • accordx2accordx2 Member Posts: 4
    Good point! Are radios on all new vehicles set up this way these days? Maybe the word is out so the thieves know!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    yes... they are all that way..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Funny, when I swapped out the battery, the radio worked just fine afterwards except the presets and clock had to be reset. I do have a radio code in my manuals but guess I was just lucky. I have to say that after 6.5 years, I'm still loving my 1st Honda product and have no reason to look for something new with only 35.5k on it. I do like the new Accord though, especially the EX model.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• lausannewlausannew Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your share. We are interested in 2013 Accord Sedan. Does this price for Accord Sedan EX-L V6? With or without Navigation? I really appreciate your reply. Thanks in advance.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    I will guess that was the 2013 accord EXL V4 no NAV. Julian
  • lady4409lady4409 Member Posts: 2
    I live in VA and would love to know what OTD price (how much under invoice, any negotiated dest. fees etc.) anyone has paid for this car. We are ready to buy and willing to wait till end of month.

Thanks in advance for any direction/advice!
  • colladocollado Member Posts: 5
    Wanted to follow up with the same message. Looking for 2013 EX-L V6 with Nav. Looking to see what is the best prices that can be negotiated (price + destination).

Going to start calling local dealers to see what best prices I can get. Thinking that if I can get it for 31K OTD (price, destination, and their fees) and then i can take it to DMV and pay taxes, tag, and title. No financing or trade in.

Does that sounds like a good deal or should I push for a lower price ???

Live in NC but willing to travel for the right deal (bought my last car in Indi)
  • raybusraybus Member Posts: 3
    anyone notice the paint job on the 2013's look dull. rust thru warranty only 5 yrs. anyone experience problems in past recent years?

ray b.
  • hondafan31hondafan31 Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    I live in Fredericksburg VA. I purchased an Accord 2013 EX-L V6 no navi. Price paid was $27,794 (which includes the Destination Fee), $55 for wheel locks, $399 Processing fee plus VA sales tax and tags. Total out the door price paid was $29,101. There was no trade involved, just a new car purchase. Car dealership is in Stafford VA (Pohanka Honda). I followed the process posted by carcam123. I researched the internet price on the Weymouth Honda MA website and secured a quote from the Weymouth dealership (Weymouth price was $27,794 which includes Destination Fee plus a $239 processing fee). The Weymouth quote addressed the process associated with an out of state purchase. I took a copy of the Weymouth quote to Pohanka Honda and negotiated a comparable deal. The Pohanka deal was based on the same price quoted by Weymouth for the car plus Pohanka's $399 processing fee, ($160 difference). You can use the same process to purchase an Accord 2013 EX-L V6 w/nav or any other configuration of the car. I have had my car for about six weeks (commuter car driven 100 miles daily) and have throughly enjoyed the car. Mileage is averaging about 31-32 MPG (without using the Eco button) it's an excellent car!
  • nkommineninkommineni Member Posts: 1
    How much is your leather upgrade costs ?
    Every dealer I asked told me that leather is $1000 extra.
  • cornucopiacornucopia Member Posts: 23
    For those of you are interested in a basic LX. This is what I paid for a basic model with auto trans.: $20,000+TTL= OTD about $21.6K.
  • wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2012
    Can you identify the state you purchased (and the sales tax % for that state) and the dealership?
    In Southern California around Los Angeles and Santa Monica.
  • philopatorphilopator Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

Have put the details on http://www.commondoubts.com/blog/new2013hondaaccordprice

Purchase made in Cook County Illinois. 8.24% is the cook county Tax.

Vehicle is so far good. Pandora and all can really be used only if you have a good data plan. Hands free link is cool. You need to set it up properly. Had to leave the dealer early and so couldn't use much of his assistance to set up the hands free link.

The only thing that may be I did a hurry was to enroll for a Titanium Protection Plan from Equi-Pro. I would advice that you go through the fine print and then decide if you need it. My understanding is that the fine print gives a lot of ifs and buts. Also this the dealer showed and explained to me at the last minute and so I did not get much time to review it and had to go with the gut feeling. Also I was told that this plan can be taken only on the purchase date. You can have it for 1,2,3,4 or 5 years. I went with the 2 year option. Costs around 750$ + tax which came around to be 62$. So total of 812$.
  • jackson72jackson72 Member Posts: 6
    What is TTL?
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    Tax, Title, License fees.
  • tpbctpbc Member Posts: 13
    I leased a 2013 Honda Accord LX Auto with CVT for $22,159.87 Adjusted Capitalized Cost. Honda has a $500 incentive that is reflected in this price above. I ended up rolling in all sales tax, title, registration, and 15,000 miles annual-into the price above. I paid nothing out of pocket and Honda is paying my first month lease payment. I leased at Herb Chambers Honda in Seekonk, Massachusetts. I have a $295 per month lease payment for 36 months and the residual value is $14,194.70.
    Does this sound like it was a good deal? (It did to me, and I knew most of the key points. the capitalized cost came out higher than I anticipated, but I understand that the dealer rolled the out of pocket costs on top of the capitalized cost)
  • lausannewlausannew Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I am also interested in basic LX. Thanks for your price. Could you please let me know your place, e.g. city and state? Thanks!
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF: 27678
    You got suckered. The only extended warranty worth buying is the OEM. Never ever let them tell you that you have to buy it now or it goes away. That is BS. With all the help available on these forums, you should have known they were lying to you. I hope you never have to use that extended warranty; the company will probably be bankrupt by the time you need it...
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    The Equi Pro Titanium Plan is not a service contract. It is a menu type charade some dealers now push to increase their back-end profit. There are so many characters working every day to develop new schemes to push unneeded and unwanted products on car buyers.

The plan supposedly provides for towing, windshield coverage, tire and wheel coverage, and ding and dent coverage. In reality not much benefit for $800, especially when such coverage can often be obtained from the insurance company for a few dollars or is already included in the comprehensive part of the insurance.

Always have to wonder why anyone would buy something when they are rushed and do not have sufficient time to consider. Goes against every car buying advise ever posted. Always the best advise is car buyers just need to learn the word NO.
  • rizvimdrizvimd Member Posts: 6
    I have been offered a OD 23.7K for 2013 Base model in the houston area.
    Previously I was trying to get the 2012 SE, it was priced 23K.
    Any one knows better prices in the Houston area?
    Is it a good time to buy the car now or should I wait till the year ends?
    Thanks in advance.
  • zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    How can anybody know what OTD price you state include?
    Why don't you tell us what the MSRP is, what disocunt they are providing you, the document fee, and tax rate.
  • tobyltobyl Member Posts: 6
    I live in San Francisco and would like to know what OTD price around the bay area. Does anyone has paid for this car around San Francisco. I am ready to buy. Thanks in advance for any direction/advice!
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Check out Avery Greene Honda in Vallejo, CA. They have the lowest price. Hope this helps.
  • canes23canes23 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a Honda Accord Sport CVT model. What deals have you guys got on this model, and what do you think I should shoot for? I am thinking around 2k off the 24.9k msrp would be a good deal.
  • yangyxyangyx Member Posts: 20
    Hi everybody, I am now planning a purchase at the end of this month. I am in Nj but I am willing to travel to NY, MD or other places within 200 miles for competitive deals. May I know what is a reasonable purchase price by then? For example can I start negotiating from 800 to 1000 below invoice?

Thanks in advance!