Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    edited February 2013
    It seems to me that the real dealers cost of any said vehicle we cant truly determine. We have guidlines that the car industry have set up and those are the rules we play by.
    Car salesman today are on salary. Most make as little as 100 dollars per vehicle sold.
    The formula to buying any vehicle should be started like this.

1- Find invoice price
    2- Minus dealer hold back
    3-Minus rebates and Incentives
    4- Minus doc fee's
    This is your starting point on buying any vehicle.

Where is the salesman's $100 comission coming from if you are paying what dealer paid? Where is the electricity being paid for? Heating? Water? Sewer? Property taxes?

So, when you go to a supermarket to buy a gallon of milk, do you tell them that their $4/gallon price is too high, and you want to pay $3/gallon, which is what they paid?

Perhaps you never sold a thing in your life, and that is why you think the way you think. One day you will own something, and you will want to sell it. Someone, just like you, will tell you what they should bepaying you. See how you feel.

I have a small business, (outside of my day job), and when I have a customer who tells me what it should cost me in parts, and that is what they should be paying me, I flat out tell them since they don't value what I do, they can buy the components them selves and build it them selves.

I am not in it for just the fun of it. I am in it for the money. While I like doing what I do, I am not going to do it for free.

I am all for being frugal, but people would not be in business if it were not for them making a living.
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Poster said that should be the starting point. Dealer tries to maximise their profit, buyer tries to pay the least. That's the way the game is played in the car business.
  • For a 2013 EX-L CVT, $25,000(sale price+doc fee) sounds fishy. The invoice price is about $26,400. So 1400 below invoice is way too low for the model/trim right now. Check if it is a demo car. If it is not, they might force options/add-ons that are way too expensive. Sometimes they might have mandatory financing from the dealer to get that price, you might wanna check that too. Otherwise, even with a few expensive options, it sounds like a great deal. Out of curiosity, where is this dealer?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 1,993
    edited February 2013
    I could see you have no clue how the Car business Operates. There is no proof beyond what the manufactors tell us on car prices. Do we really know the true cost. i doubt it..
    When you have hundreds of Honda dealerships all competing for your business you make your best deal. Me as a consumer could care less about dealerships electric, gas, lawn maintaince bills etc. I'm looking for the best price. If dealers cant do a certain price another can. And thats how the Car game is played. Its the way business has been for years.
    You like to buy your milk at Pathmark for $4
    I like to buy my milk at walmart for..........3

Everything you buy in your lifetime is about price. So cut all this nonsense out about dealers not making money... you own a business. what ever your bottom line number is thats what you sell at. If you cant make it you get out..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Why does it sound fishy? I got an EX CVT for 1500 under invoice recently. And it had on 2 miles on it. The demand for some models are not as high as others. And there are dealers who are willing to move the cars fast.

As to financing, I ran into some dealers that force me to use their finance, even if financing only the minimum amount. I also ran into dealers who don't care. The dealer I got my car from doesn't care.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 1,993
    This is exactly what i'm talking about. Above poster is concerned about what he thinks is a fair price. But he just gave the dealership where he bought at 800 or more dollars than he should have. If you do not buy from the lowest buying point you could never determine what the market value is for said vehicle. I'm not saying you can always get the hold back and doc fee's but it is a great starting point and you work up from that number. The true cost of the vehicle we do not know. You have to play there game. This is there system.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• I just checked and Honda has a 1.9% financing for up to 60months. We are heading in the right direction. ... though no cash back incentives that I am aware of.
  • For an Accord, EX-L, 4 cylinder, I was offered a price of $25,800 (plus, tax, tire fees, plates etc). Do you think this is reasonable? Thanks for any opinion.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2013
    1.9% for 60 months on the 2013 Accord!

whooo-hoooo!

http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx?ft=1

2013 Accord Sedan Special APR
    Offer valid from 2/15/2013 through 3/4/2013
    1.9% APR for 24-60 months
    For well-qualified buyers and buyers that qualify for the Honda Graduate Program criteria
    Special APR offer valid on new and unregistered 2013 Accord Sedan Models from February 15, 2013 through March 4, 2013, to well qualified buyers on approved credit by Honda Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by March 4, 2013. Not all buyers may qualify. Higher rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings. Example for 2013 Accord: 1.9% for 60 months financing at $17.48 a month for every $1,000.00 financed. Dealers set actual prices. See your Honda dealer for details.
  • I made an offer of $26000 for same car. Dealer did not accepted it.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,621
    That's a great price. Almost 3000 off of list. Go for it!
  • Brian, you're paying $3 for a gallon of milk? Why don't you try emailing 20 dairy farmers near you :)
  • We purchased a 2013 Accord LX CVT yesterday at Sport Honda in Silver Spring. Here's the breakdown:

$19,000 - car
    $790 - destination
    $1,108.74 (6% MD tax ... amt. slightly lower due to trade in)
    $134 - title (MD, plus we transferred old tags)
    $189 - processing

$21,221.74 - OTD

We were very pleased with the service at Sport. We began our search process on Monday of this past week by requesting TrueCar quotes from three Maryland dealers, and by also contacting six other dealers directly for quotes. We wanted no dealer-added accessories. Whenever we spoke to someone by phone, or by email for that matter, we refused to give our target price, waiting for them to offer something first.

My wife and I shared a Google spreadsheet online so that as we were both at work and received updates from our dealers we could post there for each other to see. As we started receiving quotes, we would share the lowest from each round to the dealers where we were interested. Some were really high and we could tell wouldn't bend. Some were very pushy and only wanted us to come in. In the end, Anderson Honda and Criswell also offered good quotes to us by email, but we went to Sport because of their customer service, that Julius had been working there for 20 years (nice to see that sort of longevity in a salesperson), and because of their interest in matching our lowest quote.

We were trading in a 1998 Civic and knew we wouldn't get much for it. Their initial offer was well under what we wanted, so we countered by asking for $500 more for the trade-in and an additional $500 off the cost of the new car; they gave us the extra for the trade-in and most of what we asked for the car, which is how we ended up at the numbers above.

Let me know if you have any questions about our experience. We love the car so far, and were quite pleased with the price! :)
  • Has anyone found a better deal?

2013 V6 Accord EX-L no navi, OTD $29,000.32 60 months Honda finance @ 0% (South Carolina, Florida, Georgia region).

I did get $500 cash military rebate from Honda Finance (3 weeks after the purchase) bringing the Price to $28,500.32.
  • That's the best price so far on a LX. I am looking for the same car, would u mind sharing the quotes u got an the dealership's names.

Not sure about your trade, but the price and breakdown is excellent and if I am not mistaken the best one so far in this forum. Though I am saving some extra money myself, I would buy for that price sooner.

Now, your trade in was not included in the final numbers you posted, correct? Again, please share the price quotes u got and the dealerships u got them from, thanks and by the way good job to the 2 of u.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited February 2013
    I think his deal included some positive trade equity. I doubt you can buy an LX for 20.0k + ttl without some other rebate/equity. Best deal I've seen on here is 21.9k otd in Ohio
  • I hope not, but yes the best I have seen was around that or 21.6k for someone in VA where tax are lower. That would be an ideal price for me. Depending on some stuff I might be able to wait until memorial day, but may be as soon as within the next couple of weeks. That's why I was happy to see that price, we will see.
  • mihinkmihink Posts: 28
    I am looking for the exact same car. I sent out a few emails to local dealers in NoVA and this was the best quote directly from email:

The "out the door" price for the 2013 Accord LX Sedan is $21,456.04. We do have a large selection to choose from.

This was Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, VA. The price was without any sort of negotiation. Hope it helps somebody out.

I will wait till end of the month to see if they can go lower. I am trying to get to $20500 OTD inclusive of 3% taxes in VA.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Posts: 48
    edited February 2013
    I have received the following out-the-door quote on a Accord EX-L 4-cylinder. The dealer is Honda of Bartlesville near Tulsa, OK.

$28,785 MSRP

$26,399 Invoice

$25,625 OTD

I will pay TTL at a tag agency of my choice. It is 3.25% Excise tax and up to $140 for registration fee.

I received a quote of $635 by email for HondaCare from Hyannis Honda for 6years/100K mile warranty.

What do you fine folks think? Is there a cash incentive on the way from Honda?

Thanks.
  • We initially had a low quote from Pohanka Honda in Maryland, but it felt shady for multiple reasons. The lynchpin for us was an OTD quote of $21,869.50 from Anderson Honda, just north of Baltimore. Both Sport Honda and Criswell agreed to match that. We went with Sport for the reasons I mentioned in my original post and got them to drive down the price even lower. Our OTD was $21,221.74.

As for our trade-in, it was a 1998 Honda Civic EX with 108,000 miles. It ran well, but had some major problems. Their initial offer was only $1,000. We were glad we got them up to $1,500. Regardless, the trade-in didn't really count for much ... they weren't getting much in that deal, so we were glad to get a little more out of them in trade-in value.

Sport Honda had a fair stock when we arrived, but I know they were doing brisk business yesterday, as I imagine most places were. Having the quote from Anderson in writing (by email) was what really helped us .