Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    Brian, you're paying $3 for a gallon of milk? Why don't you try emailing 20 dairy farmers near you :)
  • charles99charles99 Member Posts: 4
    We purchased a 2013 Accord LX CVT yesterday at Sport Honda in Silver Spring. Here's the breakdown:

$19,000 - car
    $790 - destination
    $1,108.74 (6% MD tax ... amt. slightly lower due to trade in)
    $134 - title (MD, plus we transferred old tags)
    $189 - processing

$21,221.74 - OTD

We were very pleased with the service at Sport. We began our search process on Monday of this past week by requesting TrueCar quotes from three Maryland dealers, and by also contacting six other dealers directly for quotes. We wanted no dealer-added accessories. Whenever we spoke to someone by phone, or by email for that matter, we refused to give our target price, waiting for them to offer something first.

My wife and I shared a Google spreadsheet online so that as we were both at work and received updates from our dealers we could post there for each other to see. As we started receiving quotes, we would share the lowest from each round to the dealers where we were interested. Some were really high and we could tell wouldn't bend. Some were very pushy and only wanted us to come in. In the end, Anderson Honda and Criswell also offered good quotes to us by email, but we went to Sport because of their customer service, that Julius had been working there for 20 years (nice to see that sort of longevity in a salesperson), and because of their interest in matching our lowest quote.

We were trading in a 1998 Civic and knew we wouldn't get much for it. Their initial offer was well under what we wanted, so we countered by asking for $500 more for the trade-in and an additional $500 off the cost of the new car; they gave us the extra for the trade-in and most of what we asked for the car, which is how we ended up at the numbers above.

Let me know if you have any questions about our experience. We love the car so far, and were quite pleased with the price! :)
  • jjjaymmmanjjjaymmman Member Posts: 43
    Has anyone found a better deal?

2013 V6 Accord EX-L no navi, OTD $29,000.32 60 months Honda finance @ 0% (South Carolina, Florida, Georgia region).

I did get $500 cash military rebate from Honda Finance (3 weeks after the purchase) bringing the Price to $28,500.32.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    That's the best price so far on a LX. I am looking for the same car, would u mind sharing the quotes u got an the dealership's names.

Not sure about your trade, but the price and breakdown is excellent and if I am not mistaken the best one so far in this forum. Though I am saving some extra money myself, I would buy for that price sooner.

Now, your trade in was not included in the final numbers you posted, correct? Again, please share the price quotes u got and the dealerships u got them from, thanks and by the way good job to the 2 of u.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2013
    I think his deal included some positive trade equity. I doubt you can buy an LX for 20.0k + ttl without some other rebate/equity. Best deal I've seen on here is 21.9k otd in Ohio
    I hope not, but yes the best I have seen was around that or 21.6k for someone in VA where tax are lower. That would be an ideal price for me. Depending on some stuff I might be able to wait until memorial day, but may be as soon as within the next couple of weeks. That's why I was happy to see that price, we will see.
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    I am looking for the exact same car. I sent out a few emails to local dealers in NoVA and this was the best quote directly from email:

The "out the door" price for the 2013 Accord LX Sedan is $21,456.04. We do have a large selection to choose from.

This was Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, VA. The price was without any sort of negotiation. Hope it helps somebody out.

I will wait till end of the month to see if they can go lower. I am trying to get to $20500 OTD inclusive of 3% taxes in VA.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2013
    I have received the following out-the-door quote on a Accord EX-L 4-cylinder. The dealer is Honda of Bartlesville near Tulsa, OK.

$28,785 MSRP

$26,399 Invoice

$25,625 OTD

I will pay TTL at a tag agency of my choice. It is 3.25% Excise tax and up to $140 for registration fee.

I received a quote of $635 by email for HondaCare from Hyannis Honda for 6years/100K mile warranty.

What do you fine folks think? Is there a cash incentive on the way from Honda?

Thanks.
    We initially had a low quote from Pohanka Honda in Maryland, but it felt shady for multiple reasons. The lynchpin for us was an OTD quote of $21,869.50 from Anderson Honda, just north of Baltimore. Both Sport Honda and Criswell agreed to match that. We went with Sport for the reasons I mentioned in my original post and got them to drive down the price even lower. Our OTD was $21,221.74.

As for our trade-in, it was a 1998 Honda Civic EX with 108,000 miles. It ran well, but had some major problems. Their initial offer was only $1,000. We were glad we got them up to $1,500. Regardless, the trade-in didn't really count for much ... they weren't getting much in that deal, so we were glad to get a little more out of them in trade-in value.

Sport Honda had a fair stock when we arrived, but I know they were doing brisk business yesterday, as I imagine most places were. Having the quote from Anderson in writing (by email) was what really helped us .
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Seems like you have a really good deal on the table. If you could wait til the end of the month you might catch honda's cash incentive. There is no garauntee thou it will be out at months end but i assure you it should be within the next month or so.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Just to confirm the $21, 221 OTD, Was the total price, Minus the Trade in $1,500 which would then be $19,721 OTD Correct? The OTD price fom Anderson sounds similar to the one I had by just emailing them directly, without even trying.

Please confirm, thanks
    edited February 2013
    jay
    Every state has a different tax rate. OTD price wont tell you.. 1st info You need is the sale price of vehicle to compare best prices. The other info is doc fee's. Your going to see some good prices posted after this weekend.
    I was trying to work out a deal with a local dealership near my house in myrtle beach last month but he would not budge on his price and the dealership doc fee's were high.
    Did you deal with any dealerships near S.C. myrtle beach?

• jjjaymmmanjjjaymmman Member Posts: 43
    I do understand that Brian, I was just posting what I paid for this vehicle and I was trying to see what others got in this region. Tell me what you find out in SC. I still think my $28500.32 OTD was good for this area.
  • solidgranitesolidgranite Member Posts: 5
    Going to shop for an accord tomorrow. Are people really getting them for under invoice? Would be nice to see selling prices less taxes etc. Everyone has a different tax rate.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Brian, how can you "assure" someone of anything?

We NEVER knew until the last minute what incentives (if any) Honda would be offering or extending.

" It should be within the next month or so"

Really? You are guessing and it seemed everytime we tried to guess we were wrong.

As we approach the spring and summer months sales will pick up and if anything, incentives won't happen. No reason in the world to offer incentives
    on hot selling cars especiallly models in short supply.

Not that it matters since I no longer have a dog in the fight (retired) but that 2013 Accord is a real winner in my book!

Honda listened and made a great car even better! So much car for the money!
    You price was much better. East coast was about 650 below invoice but doc's were high. I'm flying down next week so i will check out some dealers in S.C.

From what i'm hearing from the Honda circles sales wont be a slam dunk as some are predicting and with the other Car companies like Hyundia, kia, Nissan, VW, and Toyota comming out with there cash incentives it will only be a matter of time for Honda incentives to follow.. Last time i checked Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry, and Hyundia Sonata are still out selling the Accord. The Accord is the best buy out there for under 30k IMHO but alot of people will buy another brand for the deal. Altima sales are thru the roof for this quarter. Kia's flagship car will come out this month the 2014 Cadenza . looks like a homerun also.. Ford focus has a $2500 cash incentive right know. Competition will drive this market.

That's correct ... after the trade in the cost OTD was $19,721.74. Our quote from Anderson was an OTD of $21,869.50, of course that does not take into account anything to do with the trade in, which would lower the overall cost because of the total tax being reduced. That was the quote we used for nearby dealers to get something better. Sport certainly seemed willing to listen, and several other dealers wanted to beat Anderson, too. The thoroughness of the Anderson quote by email helped provide some legitimacy, which some of our early offers from other dealers lacked.

Best of luck! Let me know if you have any other questions about our experience.
    Look at my first post a page before yours ... you'll see my price breakdown for the LX CVT we purchased yesterday ... almost $1,600 under invoice.

Good luck!
    Not for now, but thanks for taking the time to answer. I really hope that if I have to buy now I get the price u got. Like I said before, my plan was to buy in May for Memorial Day, but depending in some stuff, I might have to buy pretty soon.

Pretty good deal IMHO, not sure on your trade in as i dont know the kbb value of the trade, but when u have expensive repairs to make its better to get rid of a car. Again, great job, really good price u got there, enjoy your ride!
    I checked Sport's inventory and they don't have the red I want, but i will contact them soon.

Also to confirm, your price is the lowest price paid for a 2013 accord lx CVT so far (at least reported in this forum). :)
    Wow, that is one sweet deal. Thanks for the heads up. It just seems that the Honda dealers around here give off this sense of entitlement and scoff at anything even close to invoice.
    I just signed up for their email list and they sent me some decent prices for presidents day. I would suggest anyone living close enough to sign up and check. They are very competitive. For example the accord lx cvt for $18,495 plus destination. There seems to be an specific stock number they r trying to sell for that price, but it's worth the shot. They email u other prices for the different models too and other Honda s.
  • migrainemigraine Member Posts: 21
    I jusgo negotiated a sales price of $26,599 for an Accord EX-L V-6. Three dealers in MA were willing to match this price.
    Sweet deal. Does this include destination?
  • migrainemigraine Member Posts: 21
    Yes.
    edited February 2013
    Herb chambers price was 26,439
    Weymouth was...............26,539
    Both in M.A. for EXL V-6 last month pricing

• dgggdggg Member Posts: 8
    The sticker price was about $29,100 - there were a little over $300 of add ons.
    I paid $25,675 plus $389 dealer fee plus taxes and tags.
    How did I do???
    REF: 28479
    How can this price be so low?
    "For example the accord lx cvt for $18,495 plus destination."
    18495+790 dest +200 MD doc fee = 19485 before tt&l

The best price i got on carwoo is 20530 + tt&l. That's a $1000 difference from what i thought was a good price. I am skeptical of that price...mvperez4jesus - go buy it and post your deal. prove me wrong!
    They don't have the Color I want. But like I said before it seems to be one specific car at that price, w specific stock number. I don't think they will sale many at that price. But someone just bought one for $19,790 plus doc fees. So it is possible to get a decent price now.

Also, this was an email sent to those in their e-mail list.For that price of course I will buy now.

I had a quote from Anderson dealer last month for $20,369 and I was not even trying to get an official price quote or re send it to other dealers or what not. Just check them yourself, u will see what I mean w their email.

I will contact them tomorrow to get an idea.
    edited February 2013
    You have to be careful with Anderson they do put alot of dealer add on there vehicles.

Also, I don't live close by, so I would need something in writing w vin number and everything before I even bother w traveling so far.

After someone bought the one from them at $19, 790 (yesterday), I decided to sign up for their e-mail list today and they sent me the email tonight and decided to share. Is a presidents day special that started yesterday. So w all likelihood they will say something like "we sold that specific car" and after checking their inventory, they don't have the Color I am looking for.

But thought it gives those that perhaps live close by an idea where to start and another dealer to email when hunting for their Accord.
    Good u mentioned it, as I am not looking for any add on. I would rather buy in nj, pa, but is good to have the option or their e-mail quote as a starting point or having it matched by a dealer near by.

Hey Brian, r u trying to get yours this weekend? I am curious as I know u were considering getting yours around this time.

I hope u do well if u decide to buy now.
    edited February 2013
    Be careful with Anderson. I'm going to try to work a deal tomm. The higher end models are not selling like the lx models. . i would of bought from Anderson last month but they had alot of crap on the vehicles and would not discount. Anderson honda was at 953 below invoice. both models i asked for had a ton of add ons. So add his doc fee's and add ons and your back around 5 or 600 below at best.. I'm wondering if his lx models were the same. Every dealer plays a different game.

edited February 2013
    Again, you are guessing.

People should focus on the CAR and not the DEAL!

I would hate to think someone would buy a car they really dont like or a car with poor resale value over a "deal " but I know it happens.
    Those "add on" you don't like (or want to pay for) may represent the ONLY profit they make on a car that you want them to sell for what they paid for it.

It's not so much a "game", it's an attempt to stay in business by making a (gasp) profit!
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    The email from Sports Honda in MD for president's Day Sale mentions clearly :
    Its a Door Buster and only 1 Accord LX CVT at 18495 + Dest at that price.
    Rest of the Accord LX CVT are 19670 + Dest.
    Yes, I was aware of that and it started Saturday. Either way, even that is a good price. I won't necessarily buy it now, but like I said before is another option for those looking in that area or those that will buy now.
    Never mind, that price is just average (I didn't realize the dest fee) and the car for that price was an specific stock number as I mentioned in a previous post. Someone bought for them this weekend at a $19, 790 w dest. So, again it is just another dealer that people may consider when buying.
    By the way, my e-mail didn't specify how much the rest of the LX would go for. It had other trims and other Honda models. Good that u pointed that out.
  • hondaccord09hondaccord09 Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2013
    When you say you are $1600 below invoice, you are accounting for the value of your car. The OTD price, independent of any trade in, is the figure that should be looked at - $21,221, which is a really good price. That $19,700 figure is misleading to believe that someone could get a new Honda for that price! Sure they can get that price if they trade in their used car that is worth thousands of dollars, or worth $500.

I negotiate my trade in separate from the price of the new car. When the dealer asks me do I have a trade in, I say no. Then I turn around and say I do have a trade in. Dealers do not lose money on a trade in. They want to make more money off of your trade in!
  • irving2013irving2013 Member Posts: 3
    Accord 2013 EXL
    The dealer made final offer of $ 28,500 ( including TTL + Add ons). i think i can bring him down to 27,500.
    Guys what say !!! ?
  • irving2013irving2013 Member Posts: 3
    I got offer on Accord 2013 EXL V4 from the dealer of $ 28,500 ( Including TTL & Add ons) I think i can bring him down to $ 27,500.
    That V4 is hard to find; i doubt he'll go lower... ;)
  • gq2530gq2530 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    I got an offer on Accord 2013 LX from the dealer of $ 22,500 ( OTD price), including tint, splash guards, wheel lock and trunk tray. Is there any bargain room?
    Not much. What's the breakdown? price, accessories, tax rate...
  • gq2530gq2530 Member Posts: 5
    Actually I do not know much about the details, tax rate is 6.25% here in tx
  • mang1mang1 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Just negotiated this deal at my dealer today in MA...can you guys tell me what you think!

MSRP $24980

Sale Price (including destination charge) $21,634.00

6.25% MA Sales Tax $1352.13

Documentation Fee $352.75

New Plates & Registration $125.00

Total Price $23,463.88
    Dealer told me today the destination charge its now 810 went up from $790. Can anyone confirm this.

What dealership????????????