Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mini_mvcmini_mvc Member Posts: 4
    The price you said before TTL does it include 780 destination fee
  • mftibblemftibble Member Posts: 10
    Hello all:

I talked a dealer down to $22,376.97 from $26,998.23 for a 2010 EX. This includes everything but taxes. I cannot decide as to whether this is a good deal. Any help (and I mean any) would be appreciated.

Matt
    I met a dealer yesterday with a price of $26,998.23 for a 2010 EX without RES in the Chicagoland Area. I got him down to $22,376.97. Let me know if you get any more information.
    Your pricing for the EX does not seem to far out of the box. I got a quote of $22,346.97 for everyting exepct tax on an EX. Let me know what you paid.
  • sawbones1sawbones1 Member Posts: 4
    Is it LX or EX. 26998 is the MSRP of LX. If it is an EX, it is a fabulous price. I got an EX 6 month ago with $3k more.
  • cheapskate8cheapskate8 Member Posts: 34
    Yes it includes destination.
  • cheapskate8cheapskate8 Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2010
    This has to be the LX
    Sorry, that price includes a trade in of 5,600
    In total the cost is 22,376.97 + 5,600 (trade) = 27,976.97

My offer was $19,000 + 5,600 (trade) = 24,600

This includes everything but taxes.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    Hahahahah....this was funny.

(Sorry, couldn't help it.)
  • sawbones1sawbones1 Member Posts: 4
    Well, it is impossible to tell if trade-in value get involved.
    Here is where I am at then, and let me know what you think, $27,773.99 for everything on a 2010 EX RES. That does not include taxes.

I saw a post responding to mine that they got a 2010 EX for 25,000. Was that out the door? Did that include docking fees and the like?
    Is that for about 25,000? And did that include the docking fee, ect?
  • ajkimajkim Member Posts: 7
    I recently purchased Odyssey EX-L and with all the sensors (power doors, tailgate), I'd like to know about Honda Care. The dealer was trying to sell me for $2,500 first and then $1500, which I refused both. People told me to wait until the original warranty becomes close to be over. How long do I have to buy the HondaCare extended warranty?

Where in CA can I buy Honda Care at cheap price?

Please advise!

Thanks all!
  • zleizlei Member Posts: 6
    I've been offered $29,395 + tax and license for a EX-L in El Cerrito California. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? Does anyone know what, if any, incentives are available right now through Honda? Much appreciated.
  • whigpartywhigparty Member Posts: 15
    It's OK deal. However, It's a great deal If you can negotiate down to about 28.8.
    Spreen Honda has 6 Tourings Left @ 33.9. This is the lowest I've seen in So Cal.
    Hi Everyone!

Since my first thread started a couple of weeks ago (Honda Care Facts from a Honda Finance Manager - ME), there have been almost two thousand "lookers" and many, many questions asked and answered. I'm truly amazed at the response and I thank everybody who has contacted me, either by phone, email or on this Warranty Forum! I've really enjoyed the interaction that I've had with the members of the OdyClub!

I'm starting this thread for the new members. Instead of having to dig through all 6 pages of the other thread for my phone number and email address, I thought I'd post it here for easy reference. As everybody knows by now, my prices are the same as Michelle's and $10 less than Tracey's. I try to respond to a request for information within 12 hrs...........and usually less!

I'm happy to anwer any questions that you may have concerning Honda Care Extended Warranties, and I'll post my prices below for easy reference (for the first time!). The prices posted are $40 above dead cost on all plans. I'm in Maryland and there will be no sales tax charged to the buyer. You can pay by check or credit card, and there is no fee for using your credit card!

There is only one state in the US where I cannot sell a Honda Care Extended Warranty. Due to Florida state laws regulating licensing of warranty sales, I cannot sell Honda Care to Florida residents (unless they have another residence in a state other than Florida). Also, Honda Care cannot be sold to those of you who live in Canada with Canadian-spec vehicles. The warranty in Canada is called Honda Plus, which is not offered in the US.

Here are my prices on the different plans - ALL ARE $0 deductible Honda Care Extended Warranties on the Odyssey (no matter which type):

4 yr/ 60,000 mile - $395

5 yr/ 60,000 mile - $455
    5 yr/ 75,000 mile - $545
    5 yr/100,000 mile - $635

6 yr/ 75,000 mile - $600
    6 yr/100,000 mile - $735

7 yr/ 75,000 mile - $645
    7 yr/100,000 mile - $865

You can purchase the Honda Care Warranty until 42 mos or 42,000 miles but there are surcharges for time and miles as follows, plus Honda Care costs may change every January 1 (that's when new Dealer Rates are issued).

after 24 mos or 24,000 miles - add $60
    after 36 mos or 36,000 miles - add $160

My email address is ardeagirl@yahoo.com and my toll free phone number is 1-877-476-4265 X 8011. Please contact me if you have any questions!

Thanks again for your interest!
    Donna
  • vstylnvstyln Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Appologies..wrong forum
  • nk2164nk2164 Member Posts: 4
    I was offered 31,187 on a 2010 Honda Odyssey EXL. This includes all tax and ttl etc. Here is the break up :

sale price - 28972.79
    doc fee - 154.38
    CVR - 25
    6.25% sales tax - 1915.76
    Plate and Title - 120
    ===
    Total cost 3,1187.93
    ===

Do you think its a good deal ? I thought it was reasonable ...let me know .
  • cantonacantona Member Posts: 5
    I believe you can purchase a Honda Care warranty if your Honda has fewer than 36,000 miles and is less than 36 months old. It's cheaper if you purchase the warranty when your vehicle is still new (defined as < 6000 miles). Avoid purchasing from the dealer because you'll get ripped off. Google Curry Honda or College Hills Honda who will sell to California residents. I bought mine from Curry Honda after discovering that the dealer was trying to sell me the exact same warranty for $610 more.
  • nk2164nk2164 Member Posts: 4
    I was planning to purchase this new 2010 Honda Odyssey EXL and i just ran a car fax check on the VIN . The Car fax report said , that the vehicle has 15 miles and has about 28 months or 39985 miles of basic warranty left in it .

I thought the warranty starts the time i complete the sale with the dealer. Is that not so ?
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Correct, the warranty starts when you buy and runs 36 months and 36,000 miles from that point.

Carfax is not exactly known for its accuracy.
  • sophalsophal Member Posts: 1
    Who was the dealer? I'm trying to get it at this price too in the SF Bay Area, but haven't had any luck. Thanks.
  • mini_mvcmini_mvc Member Posts: 4
    It is becoming tough in NJ as every dealer keeps saying we no longer have EXL and suggest buy it quickly from other dealers. I got a deal today for $31.6K(OTD) with 3.9% financing. But I came out asking for $31K and 0.9% financing. Am I too aggressive with the price should I increase my offer or just keep waiting till the last one in NJ disappears. Please advise.
  • mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    This sounds like a great deal ... do you have a quote? did you buy one? do you have more info you can share? Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks!
    yes, i received the quote from Ton Vu.
    I actually bought their last EX-L + NAV + RES for 32.3
    good luck.
    Thank you! So you got quotes for both EX-L R&N and Touring but bought the EXL R&N? $33.9 on the Touring is unusual!!! Your $32.3 is not OTD, right? I wouldn't mind giving them your name if you'd like to split the referral money. Not sure how we can follow-up offline on this. Any ideas? Thanks again!
  • chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    I finally closed the deal with a dealer in MA.Got 2010 Black Honda Odyssey EXL RES for 29,500 (including destination) + 298 Doc fee + Tax and Tag. I also financed with some other bank and got 2.99 and trade a 2002 Sienna. Fought on doc fee but dealer didnt budge.

Overall everything was very smooth and got an amazing price. Please let me know if you need dealer/sales man and bank name.
  • yojikoyojiko Member Posts: 3
    Which dealer did you use in MA? Thanks.
  • chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    Dealer is Boch Honda in Norwood,MA.
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    Hello All,

Please read the comments on dealer rater.com. Be very weary of the positive information posted on their websites on dealerships. Not all dealerships enroll with deallerrater, and the ones who do--well dealerrater only posts positive reviews of the dealer, they barely show negative comments about peoples experiences. Use caution.
  • jessguojessguo Member Posts: 11
    I got a quote for 2010 EXL, with no RES or DVD. $28260+TTL=$31161 OTD. Is this a okay price? I have the impression from doing my research that $30000 OTD is considered a good deal for EXL.
  • s110s110 Member Posts: 3
    I'll appreciate if you can let me know which dealer is offering this.
  • choosymomof4choosymomof4 Member Posts: 1
    So, I'm reading all of your posts and it seems that many of you are getting quite good deals. If I make an offer oin a new Honda Odyssey, how much lower than the MSRP can I reasonably ask?
    between 5 to 6K for EX, EXLs. Hold your ground at 7K discount for tourings. Good luck.
    Because of tax rate variation, OTD numbers are MEANINGLESS (except to those in the same jurisdiction).

The only numbers that matter are vehicle price, dealer doc fee (by whatever name), and trade-in particulars.
  • tractorman1tractorman1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to pull the trigger on a 2010 Touring. Best price I can find in Milwaukee - Northern IL is $35,333 (includes dest) plus tax and $125 documentation fee. Help me out is this a good price ? Inventory is dwindling fast and almost no color choices. Dealer will hold the price until 9/30 or until inventory is gone
    edited September 2010
    I think I am gonna buy from them ... they only give $25 gift card for referrals ... if you want it, I'll give them your name, but it's not really much, I know!
  • joj2kjoj2k Member Posts: 1
    if u serch u can find 33750 as best price for turing by cash deal +TT
    When dealers say they'll hold the price is pretty much BS..! Hold the price to what, their pot bellies? The 2011's hit the dealers tomorrow 9/30. In fact, they have arrived at the dealers here in FL already. Do they think that since the 2011's have come out, that will increase the price of the 2010's..?? YOU ARE BEING LIED TO BY THAT DEALER. i WOULD PAY MORE THAN $34,000 for it, they are FULL OF IT.

GOOD LUCK
  • jessguojessguo Member Posts: 11
    well, i said before TTL is $28,260. So is this a good price?
  • asa203asa203 Member Posts: 10
    Do you have a quote for 33,750. Best I have seen on a Touring is 35,500,
  • inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    edited September 2010
    Cash price including the taxes ( 2530 and destination) = 38685 $
    To the above add the doc fee 398.
    We also purchased a remote start for 350 !

Please comment on this deal. I will not be offended and it will help others ! :)
    so, you are paying $36,000 before taxes? Am-ex thRu Zag has it in the low $35,000.

Walk into the dealers pre-approved for 35,000 MAX, $34K plus destination--you'll be close to $35K.
  • inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    The lowest in AMEX in my area was 35900. The dealer said I could not have their financing and the price of 35900 (including destination).
  • guttayguttay Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the post. I got the touring for 33.9k. Overall, smooth transaction. Where can I buy honda accessories for good price?
    If there's no (or minimal) doc fee and no trade, that's a great price.
    The big on-line Honda stores are all pretty close in price on accessories so it really depends on which ones you want. Sometimes, you might get lucky and find a clearance price on an item at one store but not others. Example: I bought a set of 4 splash guards for $45 from College Hills Honda, Wooster, OH, last month.
  • s110s110 Member Posts: 3
    Just to confirm - Does the $28260 include destination?