Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    no last names tks for the info

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• 2013022820130228 Member Posts: 1
    Buy it a moth ago a Honda Accord Sport for 26,880 + extra guaranties- total $33,961.36. Also I put $2,000 dawn payment + a trade in $1,000. Because the trade in car need to be sing by the owner that was not me, I need to wait for all my contract papers. Know with the contract on hand I'm paying a higher price.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Question, did you physically have the car yet or are you waiting for your color to arrive?

If u still waiting for your color, i guess you only have to have the deal signed by tonight? Let me know thanks.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Oh, I'm not laughing. I continue to be AMAZED at what you have put yourself through in your zeal to save a few lousy bucks.

But...that's me!
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    I imagine that's how Brian rolls...
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Yeah...seems to be a tough way to go through life but, hey, we are all different!
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Yep - he's gonna get that extra 25 cents!
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • mortiennemortienne Member Posts: 30
    "Oh, I'm not laughing. I continue to be AMAZED at what you have put yourself through in your zeal to save a few lousy bucks. "

I miss bobst :)
    Does anyone know who makes the 360-watt 7-speaker audio system for Honda?
    edited February 2013
    will post details after i pick up car next week.
    Just like i said thou... i walked into a dealership very close to my home at 830pm
    i must of counted 15 salesman all standing there looking at me walk in. 1 customer was in back.....Who is buying these cars.
    I gave them the Old Bronx tale line from the movie...
    I said to them... Now you cant leave and i turned around to lock the door. Drain the life right out those boys. It was all brian time from there.

What a stressful experience i had making this 20 min deal.

I'm just Amazed why this honda dealership had so many Accords. My Accord has been there for 45 days. The Nissan dealership was packed tonight.

Couple hours work last month in Jan.
    1 hour tonight.

Going to play some golf by my house this week in Myrtle beach. I will post details when i pick up car next Sat.
    Hope you all made some good deals tonight.

ONCE again the Honda man is dead wrong

• vba123vba123 Member Posts: 30
    I got the VIN no. And put a deposit on a car that in transit.
    Contract was drawn in Feb so it counts towards any incentive or financing offer.
    edited February 2013
    Great! Congrats...

Were you close to the estimate that I thought you would score?
    edited February 2013
    jimmy not even close to your numbers. What i posted earlier was were i landed on. The market here in my area is what it is.. lx models you could get close to 1k below.

Weymouth honda/ Herb Chambers gave me the best prices up in boston.
    Price honda in D.E...I Made a nice easy buy tonight that was fair on both ends and a hop and skip from me. Told dealer i would finance thru him at 1.7% a small amount in return for doc fee's reduced and meeting my price . It was a win win for all. i will post after i pick up car.

did you purchase tonight

Ok, kind of the same on my end. I will post once car is w me. Hopefully, nothing changes at this point.
    Are they getting your car from another dealer or is on it's way from the factory?
    Will talk soon...
    edited March 2013
    Wondering what the new incentives would be after 3/4/13?
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    Great news everyone. I heard Honda corporate has been monitoring this forum and was waiting to offer a $5K incentive after Brian125 purchased.

Seriously, good luck Brian and drive safe. Don't keep thinking about your new Accord while you are standing over your putts.
    From Factory. It should be here next week.
    What about you? Did you buy from Anderson in MD?
    Yes (at least i hope as i would wait until i drive it to believe it).

But i should be able to pick it up next week.

I was asking because i had some dealers giving the run around about sealing this by the end of the month (but they didn't have the colors and stuff). they claimed that unless the car was burning gas on the streets that it didn't count towards this month's sale??? go figure.

Either way, i will post the details when i see it in my driveway...
    By the way, your
    Plus doc $75 taxes dmv
    Pretty good deal, congrats!
    Thank You. I was satisfied with the price I paid.

And Dealer called to say the car is in.
    Hopefully all goes well with Finance guy since credit is excellent.

By the way try to secure Honda care warranty price quote from Hyannis and Saucucci Honda before the prices go up on April 1st.
    I got the quotes which are valid till end of this month.
    It already went up on Feb 15th. I called to check and there is no price increase till march 31st. It is better to get a quote and lock the price and pay after you get the car.
  • tony58tony58 Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted 28499 for a 2013 honda accord exl v6 msrp 31140. Admin fee is 199. Is this a fair deal? Thanks for any input.
  • jhd7jhd7 Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning to by 2013 accord cvt lx. got offer for $23,600 OTD price. Is it a good offer or what is my target range. I live in Seattle area. Please help!

quote for $21,105
    doc fee $490
    tax and licensing $2,000
    total OTD price is $23,600
    I got special e-mail from Bethesda Honda MD. Accord LX CVT for $18,995 plus destination $790 plus doc fee of $200. For in stock vehicles only unit 3/4. I thought it would be of help to someone.

That's a superb price if u don't mind color and u live at a "willing to drive distance".
    FYI: PenFed rate went up to 1.74% as of yesterday. It affects current pre approvals.
    Sounds pretty high, what's the tax rate there? Check previous entries and see what the market is in your area. I don't remember seeing to much if anything out of Washington area. But, you can do better by following previous post where advice is given on how to buy a car.
    Also those doc fees are pretty high. Just email as many dealers as u can that are within a reasonable driving distance to u. Then compare quotes, then re send an email to all of them and see who can do better than that. Theb once u get that, just go for the car price and perhaps the most convenient dealership.
    Also, this forum is a wealth of information, but u have to pay the price: read, read and read all previous post. If u do so, I am sure u can save more.
  • html5html5 Member Posts: 2
    NJ -I paid 28600.00 for Odyssey EX, which Includes Destination+wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray, body side moldings+free oil changes car washes for life. Hope it helps others guys.
    Hi. Did you get offered EX CVT also? Do you also have EX Cvt price from Anderson?
    Shop around thru online within 200 miles. You should be able to knock off atleast $800.00. Looks like Doc fees are high in your area. Then you should get the car for $20200-20400.
  • trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    is the truecar site wrong about doc fees?

http://blog.truecar.com/2011/07/26/which-additional-fees-should-i-pay-at-the-dea- - lership-what-is-the-doc-fee/#comment-53152

Acc. to the site, the maximum doc fee in Washington state is $150. Perhaps the statute has changed? Time for an update...
    $22,695 for ex CVT accord at the Bethesda dealership. Not sure about Anderson Honda.
    Not sure if it is a good price on the ex. Hope it helps.
    Also $24, 995 for exl all prices plus destination. In stock vehicles. Check their inventory.

I had asked Anderson about the sport but I don't think they had the color. The salesman forgot to get back to me and I never followed up w that. I believe their inventory is low right now.
    Is that $24,995 for EX-L plus pay $790 destination plus pay TTL? Am I reading that correctly? Thx.
    Yes plus destination $790 just in stock cars until Monday at Bethesda Honda MD
  • tony58tony58 Member Posts: 7
    Best quote as of this morning:
    Honda coupe ex-l v6
    msrp 31,140
    quote: 28,187
    doc fee: 199
    +tax
    Does $22695 includes Destination?
    It is excellent price. Weymouth Honda was over $23K for EX
    Anyways The car is for my brother and I am doing purchasing for him. I like Sport but Replacement on 18 inch is expensive and more frequent.

Have not picked up LX yet therefore debating between LX and EX.

Also wanted to Thank You for helping me. I hope you did better than you posted before. Good Luck with your upcoming process.
    edited March 2013
    Is it Ourisman Honda In MD? I googled and there is no Bethesda Honda in MD.
    Yes is plus Destination. I ended up w the same deal posted before, but still good overall. Dealers in my area where about $800 more. One dealer that was also far (though not as far) was $500 or so more.

I will post the details, but, i have the buyers order and waiting... I hope is ready by Tuesday so i don't have to go through the "storm" they are advertising...lol.

Anyway, my pleasure, any that i can do, let me know.

What i have seen w higher end models is that though in short supply in some dealerships, they are heavily discounted at the end (more than a base model). So either waiting another month or so, or just reaching out to the right dealerships at the end of the month is KEY.

Also, though it is true that the LX model can be purchased for abour $800-1K below invoice, is a hassel and may not be as easy as many may think.
    Yes, it is. the price on the LX is close $500 less than i got. Now, if you add the doc fee, then is Close to $300 less (as i am not sure whether u can bargain that part at that dealeship given the price), mine was waived.

In my case i did want the red or black (That dealership doesn't have the color in stock). I opted for red as family wanted that color. And though i liked red too, not a big fan of those seats (i will put seat covers for sure because of that).
    I will also suggest anyone looking to buy, to sign up for all those dealers' email list, so u get them when they have those sales. Because sometimes u will get better deals that way than when u actually show up/email them to negotiate w them.
    edited March 2013
    I thought the red only came with the very light ivory interior. I love the red but the interior is too light for me. The Sport model in red comes with ONLY a black interior. Decisions, decisions

what price did you end up getting your LX for?

"I got special e-mail from Bethesda Honda MD. Accord LX CVT for $18,995 plus destination $790 plus doc fee of $200. For in stock vehicles only unit 3/4.."

if true, that's the lowest i've seen - 20.0k with doc fee!
    I meant exterior colors. The red w beige interior.

Price $19, 480 + $790 destination. No doc fee.
    ok, so 20.3k with doc fee, that's a great price.

Price is now 20.8k; I did what you said and signed up with them:
    "Thank you very much for giving Ourisman Honda of Bethesda the opportunity to earn your business. Please find the price quote for the vehicle that you are interested in below. This offer is good for two days, so please let me know when we can meet to discuss your upcoming purchase and go for a test drive.

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: 2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr.
    PRICE QUOTE: $19,795.00
    Please add the following to the price quote above:
    * $200 Processing Fee (Virginia Dealers charge $389 or more)
    * Destination Charge: $790 For Cars and $830 For Trucks
    * Sales Tax: Based on total Sale Price
    Maryland 6%
    Virginia 3% (Virginia Dealers charge 3.2% if you are a Virginia resident)
    DC 6% or 7%
    * Tags, Title and Registration (price determined by registration State and whether or not you are transferring tags and/or obtaining designer tags).
    * Dealer installed options if applicable."

you beat that deal by $500..........
    Try calling them directly. Ask for the internet manager and mention the e-mail that is valid until monday. Tell them u r willing to drive and put a deposit. Have them emailing u or faxing the buyers order before u go.
    The e-mail states $18,995 + $790 dest for the LX Accord.
    I believe that most of you that still looking can do better than me now. As time goes by, if you are willing to wait, perhaps drive a bit...and don't mind color. .. u can get a good, good deal in a car that even in the base model offers so much.

I will post all the details of my experience once in my driveway. I prefer not to sale "smoke". As I have to drive it off the lot to count it as a good deal. :)