Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vba123vba123 Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Congrats. Excellent Deal you are getting. I think this is really best at this moment. I don't trust those one of kind ads for $18995 and where they have one in stock. Sometimes they just want you to come into dealership. I prefer to pay little bit extra for straight forward deal.
    Anderson quoted me $20419 plus doc fee but included pro pack - wheel locks, door guards, mud guards. I was willing to drive this weekend but chose to close the deal locally without pro pack for same price. My brother had other commitment he preferred to stay local.

I went with Hematite with Black Interior. I am also planing to add Weather Tech Custom Fit Front and Rear Mats for $269.00.

Tough to maintain Beige Interior. I recommend to get some custom fit seat cover thru online.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Great deal. Anyway, I wanted black in black, but wife and kids won this time...
    I will put the covers because the look on the beige seats in lx and somewhat on the ex are cheap looking. .. that's the only thing I hate.
  • tristan21tristan21 Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to thank everyone who post on this forum. I have read each day for two months, and it really helped me formulate my target price. I know can confirm Brians point that buying on last day of the month does indeed play a role my sales person told me it helped in my case. Here are the details.

Msrp $30,860
    Sale price $27,490
    Accessories $ 0 (trunk tray,splash guards and wheel locks)
    Plus ttl Louisiana 8.75%

About $800 under invoice With free accessories

I had three dealers within $200 dollars of each other and went with the middle offer just because I like the way they treated me from the start. Did not enter dealership until the last day to sign papers and pick up the car. Internet and phone only.

Hope this helps someone
    Pretty good deal there. Congratulations! The next time I will save for 6cyl. This proves that it is possible to get a decent deal for the car u want. ..
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    MSRP: 30,860
    Sale price: 27,566
    Doc fee: 120
    PA Taxes, tags registration: 1750
    OTD ~ 29,450

Got an internet quote from the website (they had the color in stock) which was about 28,900, made a counteroffer at 27,500 and said I was ready to buy. Got an email reply with the price above (this was on the 26th of Feb). Pulled the trigger and drove home last day of the month. The V6 is a pleasure to drive, all that power yet so smooth and quiet inside.
    Oh, and I cannot thank everyone here enough. I have been following these forums for a while, and the wealth of information and wisdom is amazing!
  • chunky_mikechunky_mike Member Posts: 5
    I folks, just finished my deal on a black 2013 Accord Sport CVT w/o any options on it. After some semi-tense negotiating, (the price they quoted me online was $22.600, which was the lowest offer I got and then when we got there they said if we didn't have a trade in (we're paying cash) they'd have to increase the price by $300. We prepared to leave, a little annoyed by this turn of events, and they asked what price would cause us to buy the car today. Ultimately we decided on $22,271, which at least by TrueCar standards, seems to be a good price for this model. Out the door including taxes, tags, blah blah was $24,300. Hopefully it lasts us at least 10 years!
  • hoinoyhoinoy Member Posts: 10
    I also wanted to thank everyone with their postings. It made the purchasing process very comfortable by giving me a sense of confidence when I step into a dealership.

Anyway, I test drove V6-Coupe w/Nav, V6 sedan, and Sport CVT. Feels that the BEST VALUE is definitely the Sport and it will not be a "second-guessing" purchase due to it's built-in price and what it comes with, 18" wheels, fog lights, etc.

No haggle purchase price at $22,785 w/wheel locks (which I won't use). Probably could have argued for a few hundred more in discount, but overall, I felt really comfortable with the salesman and made the purchase.

I didn't have to sit with the "sales department" to sit through all the BS about "paint protection", "extended warranty", etc, because my salesman knows I won't fall for that BS and that itself is worth ~$200.

Now, I am off to check out the upcoming Miata for my summer commuter car!

thanks all!
  • dobrydobry Member Posts: 7
    I got my 2013 Honda Accord 4dr MANUAL :) $21875+doc+tax.
  • jenks0728jenks0728 Member Posts: 4
    That's a great price you got it for. I remember ur response to my first post a while back but I was offered 30,796 OTD for exl i4 with navi.. But in the end of negotiations I brought it down to

Price: $27,649.00
    Tax: $1935.43 nj taxes
    Dmv: $301.00
    Doc: $299.00
    Total: $30,184

All in all I feel like it was a great deal and I'm enjoying the new car
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Truecar us a true rip off! They no longer show the heavy discounters price in any area - typically a $1,000 less! So they made you feel good and True car received $250 to $400 bucks for their "fake" prices.

Yes you received a good price - but you could have gotten a better deal if Truecar actually met the meaning of their name. The only thing they are true to is the CEO of truecar so he can pad his wallet. Your car will last 10 years and a $1000 bucks over ten years is only $100 bucks - but that is your money and that SOB essentially stole it from you. I still can't believe consumer reports uses the service, because as the ceo of Truecar put it in a trade publication a year and a half ago, "we appologize" to all the dealers out there, true car will no longer show the heavy discounted prices so as to not mislead the public (I am adlibbing a bit here). But so you know, always be careful regarding who is "suggesting a price" - especially when it comes to FAKECAR/TRuecar.
  • trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    i poached this info from one of the Accord geek sites, driveaccord dot net

"for those wondering about February carwoo deals in OH (all prices include doc fee but not tax & title):
    BEST prices from 5 dealers bidding
    LX 20530
    Sport 22083
    EX 22891"

As always, YMMV...Good hunting
  • michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    I still check in here once in awhile to see how prices have fluctuated. I see that prices for my specific EX-L V6 haven't really budged much.

1) When the car is in YOUR driveway with YOUR stuff in the trunk and YOUR family in it, a few hundred here or there won't enter your mind again.

2) Something that satisfied shoppers have in common is that they report that they read each posting on this forum. For months. Like I did. Those poor individuals who stop by this forum ON THEIR WAY to the dealership can't be helped. I paid $1020 under invoice with doc fees included. Something I never would have tried if I hadn't read four or five months of postings here.

3) BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: Where is Brian125? I look forward to his unspellchecked, ungrammatical post about his buying experience. C'mon man. TELL IT!

Michael
    2013 Accord EX-L V6 Black/Black
    27.33 MPG
    $27192 on 12-28-12
    for poster 28822:
    Have you had any issues with telematics or audio on your EX-L V6?
    There is a TSB out, dated 2 march, for a software update for EX-L and above models (with and without nav). They don't say which VINs are affected but it's probably the early production models. They are supposedly sending letters out to affected owners.
  • augcarbuyeraugcarbuyer Member Posts: 18
    Truecar gives people a mathematical illusion. They seem to be showing a bell curve and make you believe the majority of people is playing more than their Estimated Price. In reality, the purchase data is not a normalized distribution as people would conclude from the fake bell curve. There are a lot of people paying at the low end of the price - the data they conveniently skipped. If they would be truthful and show all the data, people would be wondering why they want to pay the Truecar price.

Anyways, from my recent experience of the price of an EX in souther ca, one third of the dealers offer quotes around the Truecar price, One third are higher but could be negotiated to that price. One sixth of the dealers would not match this price and finally one sixth of the dealers will beat this price in various degrees. I am sure most people coming to this forum are not satisfied with the Truecar price and are seeking the prices Truecar does not display in their chart.
    I agree with your points. I have been following these forums for a while and reading all the discussions (always entertaining btw ) and I set my target price based on what I saw here. I did not aim for the lowest price I have seen here, was ready to pull the trigger for about 200 to 300 more if the transaction could be done quickly without any shenanigans. I am also the kind of person who doesn't care about a few hundred AFTER spending the money.

Also, I have seen you and some other folks posting real world MPGs for these trims in the other thread, which is great. I will join the discussions there soon!

Looks like Brian125 is busy golfing and chilling after closing the deal. His enthusiasm on this forum always kept it interesting.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Augcarbuyer,

What a great post! I just hope people read it and understand the Truecar price is not the best they can get. As you indicate there are dealers which will beat the price - and handily. The typical differential which I had calculated on a honda was about $1,100 bucks right after truecar stopped including the wholesale discounters prices about a year ago.

What really bothers me is Consumer Reports (the consumer protector) uses the service which is nothing more than as you point out not "true". Once people believe they have a good deal, $300 bucks isn't a deal closer. But in these fiscal times it should be.
  • michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    My radio has been "staticy" maybe four times in the two months I've had it. I turned off the car and turned it back on and the problem was gone. Once in awhile the bluetooth doesn't "register" with the screens even though the music is playing.

I will not be getting this software update. If you think of how many different types of phones/bluetooth/os are out there, it's a wonder the stereo works at all.

My belief is that this software update will add issues I don't already have.
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    I got this line from a Honda dealer internet rep. Since I never heard this before, my thinking is this is bull. Does anyone have any hard data or reference to prove this wrong? Or is it instead correct?

"different areas of the United States DO have different pricing. Only 5 states in the US require vehicles to meet the California Emmissions Standards and New York is one of those. Accords are built differently depending on which State they are going to be delivered to and what laws they need to meet and this does affect the invoice pricing."
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    I'm not sure if "different" pricing is the appropriate term to use. I know that states can require certain equipment or modifications. For example, before they became standard equipment in all cars, New York required all new cars to have rear window defoggers.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2013
    Honda offers 2 versions: ULEV-2 (most states) and PZEV (Cali-spec states)

When shopping around in other states, you could ask which one the dealer is selling (if you don't know which one you need then see which version a local dealer is selling)

MSRP should be the same for all (I think), but negotiated price difference might be just a little higher for PZEV *if* Honda is selling them to dealers at slightly higher cost than ULEV (shouldn't be a big price difference)

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/environment.aspx
    ULEV[2] and PZEV[3]-Rated
    Honda was the first manufacturer to offer Ultra-Low-Emission Vehicle (ULEV)-rated emission technology[2] on a production vehicle. Today, the 2013 Accord offers the even stricter Partial-Zero-Emission Vehicle (PZEV) technology[3].

[2] ULEV-2 (Ultra-Low-Emission Vehicle) models as certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).

[3] PZEV (Partial Zero-Emission Vehicle) CVT and V-6 models as certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) are available in California and states that have adopted California Zero-Emission Vehicle regulations. CVT and V-6 models in non-CARB states and 6MT models in all 50 states are ULEV-2 (Ultra-Low-Emission Vehicle) certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).

According to wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_zero-emissions_vehicle
    Originally, vehicles that meet PZEV standards were only available in California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, or Vermont and in Canada— or in some sales regions near these states. These six "clean car states" had implemented California's more stringent motor vehicle pollution control rules. Other states soon began implementing these standards, including Alaska, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Washington, and PZEVs are now widely available in the United States.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer who considered a 2013 Toyota Camry, but ultimately went with either 2013 Honda Accord of 2013 Ford Fusion. If you fit this description, and would like to discuss the appeal of either of those cars versus the Toyota model, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than noon Pacific, Tuesday, 3/5/13.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• blk_acrd_sprtblk_acrd_sprt Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Hi potential/current owners of Accord,

I also purchased a new 2013 Accord Sport CVT about two weeks ago. I went through several dealerships in my area (Chicagoland) and got e-prices from them. Then I stopped by some of the dealerships offered low prices -- always asked if they could or are willing to match the lowest price (21,539) I have from a different dealership.

After 2-3 weeks of researching/negotiating, I got the car for 22,300 including dest. fee (790) and with taxes and other fees, OTD was 24,499.

On a side note, first time I actually went to a dealership on Friday night (closing time), the salesman pushed me REALLY hard to sell the car and gave me 23,500 OTD. At the moment, I wasn't sure if the price was right so I walked away b/c I felt I was being played by his game. The next day I went there again, the salesman couldn't and/or didn't want to honor that price and counter offered me 24,500 OTD. I still regret this now lol. ;)
  • ph3eshph3esh Member Posts: 1
    What dealer did you end up purchasing from? I am currently shopping the Chicagoland area as well, and that would be very helpful.
  • techguy13techguy13 Member Posts: 1
    Any word on new incentives beginning March 5? The 1.9% interest rate expired yesterday, so I was just wondering what, if anything, might replace it.
  • blk_acrd_sprtblk_acrd_sprt Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    I bought it from Muller Honda in Highland Park. The salesman (Kirt Kim) was very honest and upfront about pricing. He also didn't play game with me. The finance guy wasn't that bad too.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    Starting today it is 0.9% for 36 months. 1.9% for 60 months.
    Please confirm with your dealer.
    where is this info?
    Hi mvperez4jesus
    Did you pick up your car? We did.
    My brother went with EX CVT instead of LX.
    I believe it is worth the price difference.
    Seats fabric is better, Doors area has leather like Exl,
    10 way Power Seats (our main reason),sunroof, fog lights, lane watch camera, 17in Alloys instead of 16in And Push Button start.
    My opinion is LX is great value but EX too is great value for the number of features Honda includes with reasonable asking difference.
    Had to re negotiate but the deal was done quick.
    $23100 with Destination
    Plus DMV tags taxes. 1.9% with no down.
    Not yet, On thursday (if weather allows me to..) i agree with you about the better value on the EX. I like the lane watch camera. Unfortunatelly, i couldn't wait, but my plan was to buy the sport and save an extra 1k plus perhaps extra incentives from Honda (i want to stay in budget for now).

Not sure about pricing, but looks like a great deal too. Did you pick it up yesterday or today?
    0.9% & 1.9% CONFIRMED. CHECK HONDA WEBSITE.
    Voila!
    Enjoy the savings.
    Yesterday. Got 1.9% 60months.
    Does anyone have any ideas for a protective cover for smart entry system fob that goes with the Accord EX-L? I have not found anything on eBay yet.
    Did it anyone figured out how much it will be to replace those tires yet? What are the cheapest and more expensive options out there? Just curious and keeping my options open, thanks.
    I figured this much, thanks.

But, is there a cheaper option??? any other brand or something???

I love how it looks inside, but those tires...u r right, some can send an extra payment to your mortgage every year with that kind of money.
    c'mon dude, click on the "best-seller" tab. There is a Continental for $146 or so. Why are you worrying about this now? I thought you were buying an LX...
    I liked Sport too but chose EX with 17in wheels due to high and frequent replacement cost on 18in Sport wheels. And NY metro area has too many potholes.
    But Sport does have 10 way power seats with lumber which is very useful.
    LX has 6way manual seats with no lumber support.
    I am getting the LX, is just that I saw it the other day and I thought about upgrading it while at the dealership (depending what they offered it for). But I will see once I am there.
  • mr_numbmr_numb Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    Bought my 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT a couple of weeks ago. How'd I do?

Sticker MSRP: $24,180
    Selling Price: $21,500 (inc. Destination)
    Options: $313 (All-Season Mats, Mud Flaps)

After tax, license, title, document and electronic registration fees, my OTD price was $23,600.

Buying experience was really painless. Got a quote through TrueCar for their "certified" dealer, who was about 50 miles away. Then I asked my local dealer via e-mail if they could provide their quote. I mentioned TrueCar but didn't say what price the other dealer had quoted. My local dealership came back with a quote $500 lower ($21,500). Test drove and took it home a week later.
    As promised. .. took delivery of my accord today. $20,240 includes destination, No doc fees (waived). Plus PA Taxes. To top it off they gave me a 7yrs Fabric protection included in the price ($300 otherwise). Plus they gave me 1.49% for 60 months. ... yeah! !! :P

All I can say folks, is that God blessed my purchase one more time. Thanks to him and folks like Brian and many others (Incl Isellhondas) I was able to get a super sweet deal.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Great!!!!

How does the manual drive?
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Wow. They are blowing em out the door!

Watch out Camry!
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    ref 28851
    Hope you are out driving her in this nicer weather. Did you end up with the basque red/ivory color combo on the LX? Firestone Affinity tires?
    Your price is amazing and the fabric protection just SEALS the deal. ;)
    Yes red with ivory interior. I picked it up today and not Thursday as originally planned due to the weather. It came with continental tires. Not sure of that brand... my brother told me that he had them before and they were very good. I rotate them every 6k so hopefully they will last.

Very very smooth process to be honest and my salesman was very straight forward. No one, absolutely no one could even matched the deal. So, I am very happy w the purchase. Smooth ride. So hopefully it will last. Anderson Honda from Md. No propaganda in my car. Got a really nice key change.
    Sorry about the spelling, but this phone and my big hands don't help. As it auto selects the word and I don't even pay attention as I type. Any questions let me know.
  • bob_lobob_lo Member Posts: 2
    Paid $2779 less than MSRP today on Sport CVT. I was hoping for $3079 off but gave up since i wanted this specific model and color. No trade-in. Plus $200 dealer processing.
    ref 28856
    1. Was the 1.49% loan with AHFC or PenFed?
    2. The Continental tires are better than the Firestone's according to the tirerack surveys:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiProC- ontact&partnum=065HR6CPC&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&auto- Year=2013&autoModel=Accord%20Sedan&autoModClar=LX&tab=Survey

3. I can't get my guy below 20.8k on the LX (for now)...still early
  • bob_lobob_lo Member Posts: 2
    I was dissapoined to see no "ski-hole" in the rear seat arm rest of the 2013 Accord i bought today. Or as we know it in my family, the hockey stick pass through. This is my 4th Accord and first one not to have it. Congrats to the bean counting genius at honda who came up with this one. I guess that helped to pay the marketing fees to be the official car of the NHL!