Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    They had to cut several items to keep the LX price down. Have you noticed the tiny coin holder slot inside the smallish center console? The glove box light is gone. The tires on the lower end models are nowhere near previous Michelin quality. With all that said, they added hundreds of dollars of techno gear and kept the price at 23.3k for the LX model. Bean counters job well done. Add to that they are discounting them between 2000 and 3000 from MSRP and you have a TRUE bargain; top rated to boot...enjoy your new car!
  • vba123vba123 Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Excellent Deal. Congrats. Enjoy the new ride.
    I am glad everything worked out for you.

Did they include fabric protection or you asked for it?
    What was your down payment?
    We did not put down anything so we couldn't negotiate on 1.9% from Honda Financial. On my Odyssey I was able to get 1% better from Chase for putting down 5K.
    But my dealership included free of charge 2yrs Hondacare
    Sentinel Maintance Plan which basically includes Oil changes And warranties the tires. It was advertised for every sales during that weekend. I bought it to my salesperson attention when I saw their newspaper ad at the dealership.

Anyways You did excellent. Enjoy.
    edited March 2013
    I agree. I would prefer Continental over Firestone.
    In my brother EX we got Goodyear I believe it is Assurance What is your opinion on them?

On our 1990 Honda Accord, Original Michelins lasted 70-80k. They were replaced by Highend Goodyears(can't remember which ones) and Goodyears underperformed and lasted less than 50k miles.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    1. Originally, it was supposed to be PenFed, but the finance guy said he could match it. But i ended up w wells fargo.

2. I hope they are good and I can keep them for a long time. I don't like the look of them, but if they do their job, I won't care :)

3. Who are u dealing with? And where are located?
    Thanks.
    As for the fabric protection, the idea was that someone had asked for it but ended up buying it for whatever reason. They claimed it was $300 but included for me as my salesman didn't realized that was already applied when he gave me the quote. So, he said it was my little surprise for me...

I did put little over $7k. So, I am sure that helped somewhat. I was also told once that w my credit, any bank would fight for my business. So, it pays to stay on top of your bills after all....

They offered 3 free oil changes, but unless I am driving in that area (I super highly doubt it)...
    But overall I couldn't do much better at this point. I am sure people would do much better later. So, as time goes by, incentives and perhaps better financing will make sense.

I will post more about my experience and other quotes sometime this week so that it helps anyone on the market now or later.
    By the way and for the record: No trade in. No, it wasn't a demo car-only 5 miles on it. No damage to the car. As I know some may wonder.

I know someone did close to $300 better than me before (if u include the doc fees as they paid for them). There was a trade involved in that transaction as well. So not sure as how much was the trade really worth.
    PenFed went up to 1.74% so it was good that the dealer locked me at 1.49% as the way PenFed works is that u get the apr that is in effect at the time you take delivery of the car. So had it not been that the dealership locked me w wells Fargo. I would have ended w a 1.74 or 1.90. So, thank God they honored the rate.

Also, there is blueharbor, which used to do deals for BJS. But they no longer work w them. However, they r independent and are offering as low as 1.55% (though not sure for how many months). Look them up. As I know they used to do that kind of rate for 60months before.

Sam's club has their own thing too and assume Costco and others.
    ref 28862
    There are 2 possible V-rated tires coming standard on the EX model. One is Michelin ($163 on tirerack) and the other is goodyear Assurance fuelmax ($124). They are both acceptable tires for an OEM but IF I had a choice i'd want the michelin. FWIW, in my Ohio area, most EX models have the Goodyear tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Assurance+Fu- el+Max&partnum=155VR7AFMV3&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&au- toYear=2013&autoModel=Accord%20Sedan&autoModClar=EX&tab=Survey

I am trying to buy an LX which comes with 16 inch tires that are either Firestone Affinity Touring or Continental ContiproContact (nice name). When my goal was leasing, I wouldn't care about any of this but now that I've decided to buy, it matters a bit more...GL
    You must have had previous 1.49% pre approval from Penfed, they are now 1.74%.
    Putting down over 20-25% with good credit will definitely make banks go after your business.
    Try calling Wells Fargo and Pay thru Auto Pay, some banks give you additional .25% discount.

Your deal is the best I have seen so far on LX CVT.
    I saw Continental Tires on LX CVT that was parked in my area(NYC).
    You probably have to tell salesperson to check their lot. Maybe in East Coast they have those on LX. And Goodyear on EX.

I usually see Continentals on high end models like BMW and Mercedes.
    I was pre approved and everything but had I tried paying w the PenFed check., I would had to take the new 1.74%. But wells Fargo had no problem doing the 1.49% .
    Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't mind getting an extra .25 off. I will let u guys know if the trick works.
    ref 28869; For tire aficianados:
    Tirerack dot com has all the OEM tires listed for each trim level.
    Prices are before shipping and tax and VARY a lot.

LX: Firestone Affinity Touring or Continental ContiproContact, both ~$106
    EX: Goodyear Assurance Fuelmax ($124); Michelin Primacy MXV4 ($163)
    Sport: Michelin Primacy MXM4 (was $252 in feb; now $189; some people on another Accord geek site were concerned about tire replacement cost for the 18 inch Sport trim. Better trim always costs more ;)

Obviously the sizes are also different (16, 17, 18 inch respectively). i'm not making my buy decision based on tires but it's still good info for those inclined to care...good hunting
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    Hey everyone. I see that someone started a new forum recently on cloth vs leather seats so I suggest a new forum on tires if this is to continue. Let's stay on topic in this one. Thanks
  • jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    Just as we'll the fabric protection didn't cost extra 'cause that's about what it's worth.
  • kaliboy818kaliboy818 Member Posts: 3
    For everyone's reference, recently purchased this car in Southern California

EX-L V6, Auto, Sedan
    Hematite Metallic, Black Interior
    No add-ons
    price was $27,630 (before TTL)
  • sonipsonip Member Posts: 2
    That's a good price, is destination included in that price?
  • jsmith40jsmith40 Member Posts: 3
    The bean counters took away some very cheap but necessary items from the LX. Items that the competition have had for years. To me, if you add some items but take away others that is just wrong. Nobody would care if the car listed for $100 more ,keep the folding rear seat and glove box light, or put a trunk pass through, heck you can get these on a car costing $16,000. This is going backwards in technology and looking cheap. Another example, put a power drivers seat in your LX if you want to compete with the Camry.
  • 74357435 Member Posts: 40
    Has anyone in colorado been able to buy a 2013 honda accord exl 4 or 6 cyl or crv awdfor a good discount under msrp.
    to me a god discount is 4, 000 under msrp. thanks
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    I recommend you read the previous month or so posts in this discussion - haven't seen anything close to 4k discounts on the new accord - probably not for awhile yet. You probably could check the crv discussions for that model.
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • somanssomans Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    This evening, I bought a 2013 Accord Sedan LX with splash guard, wheelocks and strip line across for 22381in NJ. with .9 per cent financing. White color.

I have been in the market for about a month and last weekend, I agreed for 22800 for a sedan with splash guard, but the dealer changed the mind, at the last moment. They wanted 23000.

This agency was just gr8 I was out in 2 hours.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Just wanted to post my deal from Feb 28th. Picked up today after 10 great days of Golf.

EXL V-6 Sedan= $775 below invoice. with Splash guards and Wheel locks

Reduced Doc fee's to = $25
    3 Free Oil Changes
    DMV plus N.Y. taxes.

Dealers in Boston, Delaware, and M.d were just under 1000 below invoice for the EXL V-6. None of these dealers were willing to remove doc fee's.

Honda added a nice touch.. putting the parking brake in the Center Console.. MORONS!!!!!!!!!

If you guys want a great wax... check out... P21s its one of the best waxes i have used over the years . You could wax the Accord in 25 mins its effortless. I like it better than the Zaino wax. your cars will Shine and Reflect like a sheet of wet glass.

Make sure you use a clay bar first on the car before waxing.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    The Camry does not have the following items standard either:
    - Pass through trunk
    - Glove box light
    - Power seat (even on the upper scale SE)
  • vkrisvkris Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Did you find a good deal for Accord EX-L. If yes, Can you share your price and the dealer you dealt with. I am also from bay area. If you are still looking , we can negotiate a good price by buying together.

Thanks
  • jplatt2jplatt2 Member Posts: 24
    Nice deal. Please share dealership. Thanks
  • austin198austin198 Member Posts: 23
    Purchased a 2013 Accord EX CVT Sedan for $23,000 (including destination & wheel locks), a little over a thousand under invoice. Plus $75 doc fee and New York taxes/DMV fees. Was offered a 7 year extended warranty through Honda for $1145 which I declined. I believe I got a very good deal, prices will continue to come down as we come into summer and then again right before the 2014's come out. Did anyone beat this deal? Yes I am sure others did better, but my aim was to get a good deal, not the best deal out of anyone out there ever. BTW the car has Michelin Primacy tires, I believe alot of the newer EX's with higher VIN numbers and later build dates will be coming with Goodyear Assurance tires. I financed through American Honda at 1.9%, could've down better through my credit union, but being as I got a good price, the dealer makes a few hundred by me financing through them and they have to make some money on the deal. Thought the deal would have been smoother, I like to buy the car and pickup all in the same day, and take less than two hours, but the salesperson was very nice and went out of his way to help me out. I will give top ratings on the Honda survey and hopefully this will help him out in return.
  • kaliboy818kaliboy818 Member Posts: 3
    Yes. Destination included.
  • somanssomans Member Posts: 10
    Just want to mention that 22381 is the OTD price
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    I received email from Southbay Honda on president day' s sale for 25,588 for exl accord, a couple of weeks ago.
    Nice Deal What Dealership?
    I also paid $23037.00 and $75 doc fee. No trade. 1.9% 60month thru Honda.
    No wheel locks though. Instead got 2yrs of Hondacare Oil changes included.
    I agree with you some people will do better in price than others and if you are satisfied with the deal just enjoy your car.
    This forum helped me a lot to gauge the current market. I would not have been able to get the deal without reading here first.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Did that include destination?
    G/lover
    You made a nice deal on the Ex model. I was glad my EXL did not have the Good for One year on my Accord. The Mich / tires will ride better and be alot quieter than the goodyears. That one month Waiting made a big difference in $$$$$. Buying on march 31 should prove to be worth the wait for buyers looking to buy now.. ENJOY

• iflynrviflynrv Member Posts: 1
    i've now drove my new accord for 4,000 k (i'm in toronto). This is my 4th accord and 7 honda vehicle. Without question this is by far their best model and is leaps and bounds ahead of previous models. it extremely quiet, in the city or on highway at any speed. My model is the top of the line - touring - which is new this year). I'm averaging 8.5 l / 100 with a mix of 90 highway and 10 / city. i have the 4cy model. i was concerned about the cvt transmission but it doesn't have the highway drone nor does it feel like a rubber band. i keep it in the eco mode and it doesn't feel short of power and will easily cruise at 120 ish on the highway all day long. i paid 32,850 plus taxes, i got about 1600 off of list and had to order the car re: colour wanted it took 6 weeks, i'm glad i waited. i also got the honda installed remote starter, it works well.
    the car has heated front and back seats, drivers seats had 8 way adjustments. gps incl, youtube the car and you can view a lot of neat features on the car, i admit i'm a honda product fan but this car feels the best screwed together accord ever, it really is worth a test drive.
  • erikkurerikkur Member Posts: 4
    Any suggested dealers? I know it looks like from reading a bit Brian dealt with Weymouth in Mass for his final choice? Anyone deal with BOCH or Prime? Thanks Ahead,

Erik
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2013
    There's a touring with 4 cyl CVT? Not in the US, atleast according to Honda's website. It only comes with the V-6 (adds a couple of features to the EX-L V6). Maybe in Canada, Honda is selling touring with 4 cyl CVT ?

Your units are killing me ;). I don't blame you though. We're kind of stuck with mpgs here so your 8.5 litres/100 km translates to about 27.7 mpg. if you check the other thread with Accord real world MPGs, I have seen people with V6 EXLs post higher mileages with mostly highway driving. If your model is 4 cyl CVT, we're not comparing apples to apples (although I was under the impression you'd get better fuel efficiency with 4 cyl CVT).
  • mikeynotmickeymikeynotmickey Member Posts: 1
    Basque Red Pearl II w/ 54 miles on the clock

$22,629 incl/ destination, 7yr/100k mile warranty, and body-side moldings. No trade. 1.49% through local financing. Contacted every dealer within 50 miles of me and also used Carwoo to try and get best price. Only quote I received under what I ended up paying was $22,329 from a dealership 3 hours one way from me. Needless to say it wouldn't be worth 6 hours driving. I did everything by phone and email. I signed everything and left with vehicle in under 45 minutes. I did all my communication with the internet sales manager, Jim Aycock, at Rusty Wallace Honda in Knoxville, TN.
    edited March 2013
    That's a great price for the Sport in my fav color combo red/black. i am also using carwoo and can't get a great deal on a Sport model. Dealers are trying to get me to go with either the LX or the EX with bigger discounts than the Sport. Still have some time to decide. Enjoy driving my car ;)
    How would you value the Honda extended warranty (7yr/100k)?
    I spoke with Herb Chambers on Feb 27th. I asked them for 1100 below invoice price with reduced doc fee's for the sale to buy that day. Herbs best price was $983 below invoice plus doc fee's off 289. Chambers has 3 dealerships i would call on march 31 and see if he will make that same deal or beat that price.

• lmnbrandonlmnbrandon Member Posts: 3
    Brian125:

"EXL V-6 Sedan= $775 below invoice"

Is the above OTD?
    Invoice price,,, then minus 775... then... add dest charge.. add.. $$ 25 doc fee.... then add nys taxes 8.875 for the otd price

do you want the breakdown to understand.

• malo_4malo_4 Member Posts: 15
    So I have an offer from a dealer on a EX-L 4 cylinder for $25985 including all fees, but not TTL. It includes mudguards and window tint. My only reservation is it is for what is in stock and they may not have my first choice of color. Thoughts on the price?
  • goodgalgoodgal Member Posts: 3
    I hope this is a good offer. Tomorrow I will finalize by 4:30 so if anyone can help with the deal, please do!
    OTD cash price of $27,000 with options of wheel locks, splash guards and trunk tray.

This price includes the 3%NC sales tax, title, doc fee , license plate.

I am confused about invoice. I did tell the dealers I talked to that I planned to contact dealers in NC & SC so not to waste my time. Should I go for this deal of ask more off??PLEASE help!
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    Yes.
  • 532532 Member Posts: 6
    Guys,
    Need some help here. Just got two quotes. 2013 Accord Sport (CVT) $22,729.00; 2013 Accord EX (CVT) $23,837.00. Prices include destination charge. I'm in upstate NY. This was an answer to my first email to the dealer.
    Do you think they'd do better if I continue to negotiate? Any tips would be appriciated. Also I'm still not sure about CVT or Manual. Any thoughts?
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Good prices. I'd go for it. The EX over the Sport, for a grand + more, gets sunroof/moonroof, pushbutton start/smart entry, side camera, etc. Sport gives you the bigger and snazzier wheels and tires, plus dual exhaust, and so either way you win.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • dg4dg4 Member Posts: 19
    If it was your first email, you will do better by doing another (and possibly) few more rounds. Send emails to more dealers (even those that are 100+ miles away), once you get replies, select lowest 3 or 4 dealers, let them know that they are lowest, and ask them to offer their best price. I got a very good deal last year by doing so.
  • chunky_mikechunky_mike Member Posts: 5
    I didn't think the EX was worth the premium for the features that I wouldn't use. The price is ok- what is the out the door price? I forget if my price included destination fee. Either way you can't go too wrong but I suspect you can do a better price. Try comparing with other local dealers.
  • lmnbrandonlmnbrandon Member Posts: 3
    Contemplating new Honda EXL-4 cyl without Nav later this summer(June/July).
    Is $25,000 OTD possible (Virginia)?
  • 532532 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Guys,

I'll update as soon as I hear more.

Any thoughts about 6M vs. CVT??

Thanks again.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    If you like driving a manual, then Hondas are the best. Better than BMWs. No kidding. Smooth and jewel like, and just fun to drive. I drive a manual 2008 Accord and enjoy it.

The manual gets you faster acceleration if you drive it really aggressively. It's about 1 second quicker 0-60 than the CVT, although I personally wouldn't want to push my car that hard.

My next Accord is going to be a CVT. I'm keeping the manual for myself, and getting a CVT for my wife and teenager. The CVT has the ease of operation that comes with an auto. Even people who know how to shift (like my wife) sometimes don't want to.

The CVT also gets better mpg, esp. on the hwy, because it can rev. about 600 rpms lower at 70 mph than the 6 MT.

They both have advantages....
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    Including tax? If so, that would be a lowest price than I have seen anyone report for the EXL4 anywhere.