Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• goodgalgoodgal Member Posts: 3
    I am getting a 2013 Accord sedan EX-L 4cyl OTD for $27000. Sticker price with added dealer options is 30,131 (excl TTL) Already installed so they added in installation costs> options include wheel locks $149(55 uninstalled), mud guards $249($149 uninstalled),cargo tray $249 ($142 uninstalled)and first place finish($699 option) already on car). I talked to dealers in NC, SC & VA and no one has come closer than $600 to the offer here in Greensboro. I think by mid summer without options you might be able to do the 25,000 OTD since August is when the 2014 rolls in they said. If you can wait til then an even better deal maybe.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    Price over email is never the best price, no matter what you are told. You can certainly do better , sale mgrs will work with you or anyone willing to buy, buy be ready to buy at that point. I have driven with new car out if the lot at 10pm once I got the price I asked for. Good luck hunting, Julian
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    Let me know if my calculations are wrong here:

Your OTD price is 27000. I am assuming about 200 for tags/registration/doc fees etc. (Sale price + 3% tax) comes to 26,800. Sale price is ~26,000.

The MSRP is 28,785(including destination and no options). Edmunds invoice is 26,400. (there's usually a $75 advertising fee so invoice is about 26,475)

Your options seem very pricey (149 and 249 for wheel locks and splash gaurds?). these are thrown in for free usually every car (i bought an EX-L v6 in PA and the dealer did not even bother putting them in the order sheet even though they were installed. I also got the carpeted floor mats included. I did not ask for any of these, the car came with it and I didn't complain). I have no idea what the 'first place finish' is for 699, but if the dealer says these are preinstalled and you cannot get a model without them, he is BSing you.

If you can wait, I would suggest to wait till the last week of the month and tell them you are ready to buy if they can match ur price. This is basically what I did:

Use a reasonable price to get the deal done, I'd say 25,500 (you can close the deal at a couple hundred higher). Add 3 % taxes and fees + reasonable doc fees (say about 100-150). Target $26,500 OTD max. Have pre approved credit just to show you are serious about buying soon.(although Honda has a good APR going on now, and you can get that instead).
  • cincin88cincin88 Member Posts: 1
    i got a price for accord 2013 exl v6 $27850 include destination fee. is it a good price?
  • baylagbaylag Member Posts: 1
    Test drove a 2013 Honda accord , 4 cylinder and a 6 cylinder (automatic ) today. Any ideas as to great dealership and best prices in the greater Boston, Ma area.

Previous carss have been Toyoto Camry.

Thanks for any input you can offer.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Its a good price if thats your best offer.. What are dealers doc fee's?? You need to contact more dealers in your area find out what the market value is . then you should buy on march 31. I see your in N.E. read prior post EXL v-6 can be had for 1000 below invoice.

remember doc fee's are between 199 to 300

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• gosziegoszie Member Posts: 2
    I need some help in getting the best price. I sent two car dealers email for the 2013 Accord Sport CVT and one came back at $23536.00 plus tax and dest chg. The other dealer 23890.00 . Has anyone had any luck in getting the price cheaper down with other car dealerships in the Daytona Beach or Orlando area.
    Would I do better if I wanted to the end of the month and went in person to see if I could negotiate any farther.
  • stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    Any dealer suggestions in the NY area for a 2013 Touring? What's considered a fair price to install an X Package kit when list is $2000-2200?
    Is it unreasonable to expect to pay under invoice?

Dealers keep saying they're oh so rare!
    Got an unsolicited offer from a Md dealer for $30,556, not sure if that included destination. I'd travel up to 100 miles if the price was that good
    College hills honda sells that kit for $1600. Buy kit seperate from Accord purchase. Dealers will not sell you kit and installation at cost..

• goodgalgoodgal Member Posts: 3
    The first place finish is something on the leather & carpet with a 5 yr warranty against stains, tears in leather or carpet. If they can't get it cleaned or if say a pen jabs a hole in the leather it is covered for 5 yrs under the first place finish which usually costs $699. I asked so if a dog jumps in the car and rips 3 inches in the leather???He said we replace the seat cover. The first place finish also covers the paint job. Should anything peel like the clear coat (and I have seen this happen on a 4year old CRV then the paint job is covered. They give a warranty sheet with it that lists lots of scenarios. It is great coverage. I did a cash deal and I needed the car this week so wrote a $27,000 check OTD. I might could have done better had I waited but needed the car this week since my 2008 Acura MDX sold right way.
    $1600 sounds right since the kits have a 50% markup, dealers pay half the MSRP, or less.
    I'd prefer install at purchase though for warranty coverage.
    I believe I have the mechanical skill to add all-weathe mats, locking lugs and trunk tray...maybe...with detailed instructions.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    I have never seen an "advertising fee" on any Honda or Acura vehicle. Also any document fees are bogus and simply profit to the dealer. Such fees simply increase the selling price of the vehicle and should be considered as such by a buyer.

Add-ons applied by the dealer should not be accepted as they are overpriced and also designed to increase the dealer's profit. Most ethical dealers do not resort to such tactics. My experience is that most dealers will not let a sale walk if a buyer refuses to pay for such add-ons. At a maximum the buyer should only pay the dealer's cost for such add-ons.

The "first place finish" is clearly one more way for the dealer to pad its profit. For $699, if the dealer won't budge a buyer should walk away.

A person's feet are their best negotiating tool. Letting a dealer believe you are ready to walk out the door often creates magic. A buyer should always remember the dealer needs them a lot more than they need the dealer.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    You might want to consider another Honda dealer. This one with its overpriced add-ons seems like one to avoid.

Hard to believe they are charging $100 to install wheel locks, takes a $8 per hour shop guy about 20 minutes or less. And $107 to install a cargo tray is beyond silly. The first place option is an expensive insurance policy against something which will not likely occur. The dealers profit on this is hundreds. And the small print is designed to exclude many events. Such things should be avoided. Just ask yourself if you really think this is a good way to spend $699?

This dealer may be charging you $600 less than other dealers but the dealer is more than making this up with all its overpriced add-on crap.

I suggest you contact some dealers in Maryland, DC area, such as Criswell and Sport Honda or Pohanka Honda in Virginia. You might find it worth a drive as, in my experience, these dealers offer good pricing and are generally more honest than most.

Personally I would avoid DC area Honda dealers College Park and Ourisman as these seem to have too many negative reviews posted on line.
  • milan120milan120 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased the 2013 Sport CVT in PA...for $150 below invoice - destination charge included..The deal was going South fast when tried for $300 under invoice...Sticking point for me was finding a black one....very difficult....feel i got a decent deal- not the best but ok...a couple of perks but mostly the 1.9% financing..Did not buy the extended warranty- they push so hard...
    7 years ago I tried to get a deal on the Honda Odyssey...Honda would not budge on on MSRP price- crazy how much they deal now in this economy...but sorry- no matter how nice a salesman appears- they do not have your best interest at heart,,,just their pockets,,,
    Paid $150 Under dealer invoice with the destination included yesterday...Keep dealing....Bought CVT not manual... - IN Black...Very nice car...
  • erikkurerikkur Member Posts: 4
    When I get closer to actually buying, I will do just that. Anyone get a deal from Boch or Prime? I hear they are pretty large volume dealerships. I am just looking for an EX-L NOT the V6 and I don't want the Navi, my Garmin is just as good with Lifetime Maps. I don't care about the sport since I am no longer a youngin' and would prefer the Leather and Moon Roof and better Stereo as I still like loud music. Does anyone know how the stereo compares to a BMW 335i? That has awesome sound for factory.
  • okaniokani Member Posts: 20
    Plaza Honda in Brooklyn included in my invoice $399 advertisement fee, when I asked what it is the sales person said: "This is how we brought you here"?! Really, didn't I mention that I'm a returning customer who just bought a car 3 years ago and live few blocks away? I would never go back to that dealership, many others treated me way better and I was able to negotiate better price than Plaza Honda. On top of that they have included $699 for car preparation fee, when asked what's that salesperson said: this is for removing adhesives from the car, cleaning it up, etc? Look, I can remove those adhesives myself.
  • bryan2013bryan2013 Member Posts: 1
    What is a the best total OTD price for a 2013 Accord EX-L 4cyl w/ NAVI? Including tax, destination and everything?
  • dhyun3dhyun3 Member Posts: 13
    Hi, can you please post more detail on your deal? how did you get the deal? It's because I'm going to the dealer tonight to get a Black accord sport and would be great if I get to know how you dealt with them.

So MSRP is $24,190 and invoice is $22139, so you got the car for around $22k including destination right?
  • austin198austin198 Member Posts: 23
    Invoice on a Sport with automatic tranny is $23,127, including destination. You should be able to get us car easily for $22,600, and perhaps a few hundred lower if you are a good negotiator.
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    Just to keep track of what actually happenned here, the OTD price paid was $27,000 which means the Sale price (including the options and addons and the protection package) is around $26,000 for a car with $26,400 invoice. Even if the protection package is valued at half the price (arbitrary, I have no idea what these packages should cost or are sold for outside), say $350, the Sale price is about $750 below invoice; I'd say that is a very good deal for someone who is looking to buy immediately. Enjoy the new car!
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Question: there is a Honda logo and a number in all of my Windows. I don't think is the vin etching thing, as they don't match my VIN number. I saw it in my 08 accord, but no sure if it is the part number or serial number than Honda uses to track their cars or parts.

I am looking to add the vin etching myself. Any suggestions? I saw some online sellers, anyone dealt w any of them? Thanks.
    edited March 2013
    Just deleted my message by mistake.
    The Honda Accord sound system is ok nothing great.

If your sound system is like the one in my X-5
    with over 600 watts your comparing apples to oranges. Big diff.

The Hyundai Genesis has one of the best sound systems that i have heard.
    Plus any vehicle with Bang & Olufsen/ Mark levinson systems..

• jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    I agree with Brian. The 360 watt audio system is just middle of the road in the EX-L CVT. I was hoping for a better system, bit disappointed.
  • starik79starik79 Member Posts: 2
    Buying 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT in upstate NY for $22340 (~$600 under invoice) with financing before taxes and $100 fee. Also negotiated 6 years / 120 K miles extended warranty for $900. Honda Remote starter ($500 including installation)
  • starik79starik79 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered report from Consumer Reports for $14 that gives all the numbers what dealer paid and what incentives they get. I closed the deal on 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT for $22340 including destination before taxes and $100 fee. I even negotiated 6yr/120k extended warranty for $900 instead of $1500.
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    baylag, Weymouth Honda has very competitive prices near Boston and even posts their pricing on their website.
    edited March 2013
    jimmy
    i didn't realize til i read your post. The honda sound system is 360 watts.
    I'm sorry it should sound much better than whats comming out.

maybe its the speakers???

• jk2395jk2395 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy the 2013 Honda Accord coupe ex-l and was going to go through my uncle for it as he works for a group of dealerships, one of which is for Honda (he doesn't work for the Honda branch though). He had told me that the price would be just under 27k including tax (this was also including the remote engine starter) which seemed like a good price. However, when I spoke to the car dealer at Honda today he said the 27k price was before any tax and that with the tax it would come out to just under 30k.

I havent had a chance to speak with my uncle about it yet but was just wondering what everyone's opinion was of the price. I feel like I could go to any dealership and get the car for under 30k.
  • anagoreeanagoree Member Posts: 11
    do you need to provide VIN number for CR report? How did you manage to reserve Accord for that VIN number from the dealer when you was waiting for CR report?
    you are correct. you could get that deal on your own.

CR REPORTS,

Save your money. Look on Edmunds Web site...... New car prices for the make and model your looking for. Msrp and invoice pricing on all vehicles are listed. Other sites are KBB.com/ MSN Auto/ AOL Auto and Yahoo auto

No Vin number is needed to buy CR pricing report just your 14 dollars.

• huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    It's been fifteen years since I ordered a report from CR but I believe they include dealer holdback as well as current dealer incentives.

I have found KBB to be more accurate than Edmunds.
    edited March 2013
    Brian,

Yeah, EX-L CVT needs better speakers and system. Need a Acura or Lexus...for premium sound? Did seriously look at the C300 but the V6, premium gas and reliability kept me away.

Are you using real gas or gas with corn on the cob (ethanol)?

Bought 8yrs/120K miles $100 deduct HondaCare from Hyannis for $970. Wonder if it is the lowest price?? Has a 60 day buyers' remorse clause.
    Just purchased a new Accord Touring in Northern Joisey, $30,677 including destination charge + $650 doc&DMV fees= $31,327

Best price from about 6-8 dealers canvassed in the region
    Honda has upgraded the radio in the pilot.
    I think if honda gets enough complaints about the system they may upgrade.

I call this growing pains 1st yr... stepping up to the big boy table. Hope honda builds on this first yr.
    I'd like to see a electric sun shade for back window
    remove that stupid parking brake from center console
    Upgrade change stereo along with a few other little changes.

Overall honda did a very good job on this 1st yr model for the price..

• jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Honda Care is a good decision since the 2013 is a first year redesign. It will have problems down the road and it'll take Honda a while to come out with fixes (TSBs), but you're probably better off with a zero deductible plan. $100 deductible for a repair here and there will eventually add up for 8 yrs/120k miles -- paying the extra ~$100 upfront is worth it for a zero deductible plan (1 repair under the extended warranty and you break even)

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/
    2003 redesign, complaints jumped
    2008 redesign, complaints jumped

Similar for the Civic's 2001 & 2006 redesigns
  • seanh2oseanh2o Member Posts: 27
    Feel good with the purchase today in Orange County, CA for 2013 Accord EX.

Targeted the best price (22695) and walked out with 22552. OTD was 25k.

Interesting thing was my sales rep came back with 22866 but actually gave me more discount. I later found out during the signing time (when bunch of plans and warranties are presented). I didn't mention anything until I got my key and later thanked my sales person. He told me he wanted to give me a break for my warranty or protection plan, but he has never seen anyone just walk out not purchasing even the gap protection plan. It felt good and was the first time in my life that someone volunteered to give more discount.

I think realistically one should target 23000. I did return leased 2010 Civic, which I owed 600 dollars for bumper damage. They also had lease return coupon for 200 (just returning) and 500 (return and new purchase/lease).

Thanks to all posted.
  • evped2evped2 Member Posts: 21
    Wow, great price. I paid 22,700 for my EX with a manual transmission. The CVT is about $800 more. If I knew that, I may have sprung for the automatic for about the same price.
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    Good luck with the car. Curious, though. You leased and didn't get gap insurance? I believe it is optional with Toyota and Nissan (just another item to negotiate) but I thought it was included with Honda Finance leases. Is that not the case, or did you use a third party leasing company? btw, your are taking a fairly substantial risk going without gap coverage. Since you are already out the door, you could probably negotiate a pretty low premium at this point.
  • valleytrojanvalleytrojan Member Posts: 9
    Galpin Honda, Mission Hills, CA
    2013 Accord EX-L V6 without Navi.
    MSRP: $30,070 plus $790 Destination for a total of $30,860.
    Invoice is $28,292
    Edmund's True Market Price is $28,594
    My Sales Price was $27,600, so $3,260 below MSRP including Destination, and $692 below Invoice.

Add the following fees and taxes:
    Admin: $80
    Title: $108.75
    Lic Fee: $209
    Sales Tax: $2,491.20

Equals gross sale price of $30,488.95

Thanks for help all. Love the suggestions and advice received from these forums. Heck, even getting the Warranty from Saccucci Auto Group on the East Coast.
  • seanh2oseanh2o Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2013
    I actually purchased/financed it through honda finance without no down payment. The gap insurance was optional but really strongly recommended. The sales couldn't believe I didn't get it. I did my calculations and it wasn't worth it. :)

The gap insurance started at 750 then came down to 400 something... but I still said no ...

I am considering to get the extended warranty .. shopping around ..
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    $28,000 flat + ttl.

Really wanted that color, and they had to do a dealer trade to get it.

Overall I'm satisfied with the deal (got c. $2800 off list) and love the car.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    Gap insurance at some point should become part of an insurance package...If you finance thru State Farm they offer it free- but their rate was 2.9% versus 1.9% at Honda...So somehow they get their money...
  • janreivjanreiv Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    I live in North Florida and I just got offered $21,079 for the Sedan Accord CVT sport in white. The dealer fee is lowest out of all 5 Honda dealers in my city which is 559 where as competitors are 899 is this a steal of a deal? Should we be satisfied? Going to the dealer for test drive in an hour at 3 pm eastern time thanks you guys!
  • jim1462jim1462 Member Posts: 40
    Who is the dealer that you puchased in N. Fla.
    edited March 2013
    $1850 below invoice...Its a great deal. I'm including $790 destination in my calculation. Try to eliminate or reduce the bogus dealer fee.

If things don't work out wait until the last 2 days of the month. Good luck.
    Coggin Honda of Jacksonville, we bought a car from them before and so we told then to price match and make them stay with them as another dealer was offering better so in turn they offered this price.
    edited March 2013
    After test driving and negotiating on a 2013 Honda Accord Sport (MSRP 24,980), we just walked out on a $20,880 price point, granted the total out the door would have been $24,678. The offer is still available but I know not for long. Please help in figuring out if this is a good price.. they gave a $4105 discount yet would not budge on taking out the dealer installed options such as splash guards, wheel locks, and digital tinting and pinstripe. They didn't have the color we wanted so they asked for a $500 refundable deposit to go and retrieve the color, should we call them back and sign or is $24,678 OTD still to high, my wife wants $24,500 are we crazy? Mind you these numbers are all out the door final prices. Please help as I feel time is running out, I believe this is a steal of a deal but she doesn't.
  • trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    IMO, you are crazy to pay that much for an LX CVT. total out-the-door should be closer to 22.5k for that model (22.0k has been posted here from an OH deal), unless you value splash guards, wheel locks, and digital tinting and pinstripe at such a high premium, which is laughable.

MSRP including destination $23,270.00
    Weymouth Sale Price $20,692.91 (range in this forum is 20.2 - 21.0)
    start at 20.7k and work your way up after tax and dmv...