Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for the post on the Honda warranty dealer!!
  • eugthomeugthom Member Posts: 1
    Wondering whether the offer for the dealer is a good one...

2013, Honda Accord Sport Black Exterior / Black Interior.

-Dealer city/state ( Dallas, TX)
    -Invoice (incl destination) ($22,929)
    -OTD price ( $22,577 (Base + Destination + Other) + 1,423 (Tax) =$24,000)
    -Downpayment ( 4,500 )
    -Doc fees ($120)
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    Man, those options are phony, never buy paint sealant etc.
    I worked at a dealership. It car wax! Sorry you got hosed
  • kr6822kr6822 Member Posts: 5
    The sales rep name is Tahir Rana.
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Member Posts: 42
    http://www.bernardiservicecontracts.com

Bought an 8/120k from them some years ago before the [b]BIG COMPANY[/b] cracked down on direct web "add to cart" purchases (local dealers [i]naturally[/i] complained) so now there's another step or two since you have to do this through email from all these sites... I think there are a coupla' others you'll find with a web search (I think they're all round the same price, but shop around).

I've read here on the forums that the local dealers have price matched... ymmv.

Good luck.
    edited April 2013
    vspeed wrote: "Thanks but I just found this site and I'm getting used to the forum"

Yeah, I know what you mean: compared to typical forums I've come across on the web, this one is rather an odd one in trying to follow threads.

Personally, I'm truly sorry we weren't able to help you help you out beforehand! You're so congenial and you're really great with replying to each response with an acknowledgement and thank you. You're making it a really, REALLY friendly forum :)

It's nice to see this where, and especially relative to HOST Car_man's assistance, there is nary the follow-up for help provided.

I personally hope we'll see your contributions for others in the future!
  • racing_s2kracing_s2k Member Posts: 6
    Read my post again:

Purchase Price Including Destination ( $22,579+$400 for Options=$22,979)

I paid $50 above the car's invoice for everything, including the $1,800 in options.
  • kkctkkct Member Posts: 4
    this forum is great.....my first post

Is this a good deal?

2013 Accord EX

-Factory Options ( None )
    -Dealer Options (None)
    -Dealer city/state (CT)
    -MSRP (incl destination) ($26,195)
    -Invoice (incl destination) ( $24,037 )
    -Purchase Price ( $24,100)
    -Dealer fee ($430)
    - total ($24,530)
    + ttl
  • dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    Saccuci's cheaper.
  • racing_s2kracing_s2k Member Posts: 6
    It is OK. I learned, form purchasing a Honda this past weekend, that some dealers have a $500 flex cash that Honda Financing can kick in. If you have very little down payment, or no trade, the flex cash is to help you out. On the other hand, if you have a trade that will aid as a down payment, the dealer will try to hold this money for themselves, providing you finance through Honda.

Not all dealers have the $500 flex cash. It is not advertised, and my understanding is that a dealer has to earn this credit, so not all dealers have it. As you get towards the end of negotiation, and before discussing trades or down payment, ask if they can contribute the flex cash to lower your purchase price, get this down on the negotiating paperwork, and go from there.

I was not aware of the flex cash until looking over the financial commitment form with the Sales Manager. They added $500 in to the top line, and took $500 out at the end. It was a wash for me, but $500 for them. I argued with the manager for quite a while about this. My point was that I would just use my bank (not Honda), and then there would be no $500 flex cash. So, if I finance with Honda, I want the money. The car was already $500 below invoice, so they were counting on this cash to even it out on there end.
    thanks, good to know about the flex cash. I plan on putting 5000-6000 down and seeing what they would give for my trade(not expexting much, its an '01 Outback.). Have already gotten an offer of $1000 trade-in from another dealer. Finance the rest at 1.9% through Honda.
    would that $500 be what Consumer Reports calls Dealer Holdbacks on the price report (they show $508)?
  • bachngbachng Member Posts: 1
    We followed the forum for long time. This is my first post.
    We are in San Antonio, TX and are looking to buy an Accord 2013 EXL V4, no Nav. We followed the advice from Brian. We asked for the inquiry for the dealer in 100 miles radius, and visit some of them. Below is the best that we can get.

-Dealer Options (Wheel locker, All season floor mats, Tint Windows) - $433
    -Dealer city/state ( San Antonio, TX)
    -Invoice (incl destination) ($25,950)
    -Purchase Price Including Destination ( $25,950+$433 for Options=$26,383)
    -Downpayment (0)
    -Trade allowance: No
    -Tax - $1,710,28
    -tags - $176
    -Doc fees ($149)
    -OTD: 27868.28

Gunn Honda offered a One simple price which is a bit higher. Questions:
    1/ What can we do to get a better price?
    2/ Should I try in Austin, and Houston area?

Thanks a lot.
    Bach
  • jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    Austin dealers have a reputation for higher prices but may be worth some inquiries anyway.
    [i]Saccuci's cheaper.[/i]

Cool. As I wrote, shop around........
    edited April 2013
    The information on the flex cash was posted by Car_man (forum host) way back on 4/7 in response to an incentive query http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0a5168.ef9da10/5127#MSG5127. There's also mention of it earlier in this forum.

Whether you're looking to purchase or lease, it makes sense to read both forums as vehicle price is crucial in either scenario ;)

Thanks Car_man!!!!!!!!
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    What dealer did you buy from?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited April 2013
    Bachng

END of the Month is how you nail down best price..

I would call several dealerships on the last day of April and let each dealership internet manager know........ You buy that moment for your make and model/ options for xxx price. I would add another 500 on the already $ 449 below invoice price.

leave your number with each dealership.. At the end of that day the 30th if nobody makes a better offer take your best deal. The key is to be firm and let each dealership know Meet my price i buy today. Call 30 dealerships you will find a better deal on the last day. Its always good to check dealerships inventory. If your model is in stock makes it much easier to buy from that dealership.

The buying Game and Negotiation process starts on the last 2 days/ last day of every month. Not in the beginning or middle.

If Austin, and Houston is not to far make some calls to dealers on april 30 to see who wants your money..
    Squeeze the closest dealer to your house on the last day. mention to them these other dealerships are selling cheaper... match and you buy from them.

On april 30th i plan to help buy my neighbor a EXl V-6
    On that day i will call 10 dealerships on the phone and make my best deal for her. maybe 30 mins of work in afternoon to secure the best deal.
    good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• tjolkotjolko Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for your suggestion on Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg. I purchased a black w/ivory Accord EX-L 4 cyl sedan at the following price:

Price $24,899 (includes destination)

Processing Fee $399.00

3% taxes $758.94

NC license/title/Va temp tags $128.00

Total out the door $26,184.94

MSRP of this car is $28,785 Invoice $26,399

No extras/options/etc.
    Very quick and clean deal.

They also quoted the following price on a Accord sport sedan:
    $21,929 includes destination
    399 documents
    plus tax/title/tag
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Congratulations! Great deal - just shows ya don't really have to wait til 9 PM on the last day of the month to get a great price - good research and shopping technique are the keys. Enjoy - that's a nice car!

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
    This is the second time that I used Edmunds forum information to get the best price. The last time, I sent e-mails to many dealers within 100 miles and then found (via Edmunds) that a dealer 150 miles from my city had the best price by far on Toyotas. For my Honda purchase, I went to this forum FIRST. If you don't mind traveling a little you can save thousands of dollars.
    Thanks for the info. Tyson's Corners Honda quoted me a higher price $24991++ for the same car, the price from Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg was a little better (and closer for me). Thanks again and enjoy your new car.
    I got a quote over the phone from Tyson's Corner Honda for $24991 but they said w/o freight ($790). Was your quote including destination?
    Great deal. Congrats! Was the EX-L color combination in stock and the one you wanted? I'm just wondering if some of these better deals are on colors that don't move as fast or cars that are currently on the lot; Black, Cherry Red, and White. I'm looking for a Modern Steel Metallic ext color with light grey interior and some dealers don't have this car in stock and said they would have to locate one but does that mean that less of a deal.

I would like to snag up a deal for the EX-L for under $25K with freight. Right now, when I call to get quotes it's about $800-900 higher that $25K so not sure if the dealer will drop that difference when you get in there to deal.
    Actually, we were looking for an Accord in Black or Champagne with Ivory interior...I wanted the black and my wife wanted the Champagne...so I guess I won this time! We were told that black was the hottest color....and a Charlotte dealer was quoting list on black and a $300 discount on Champagne.
    It really didn't matter to Pohanka Honda which color as long as they had it in stock. I see that they have a "gray" EX-L in stock....they don't use Honda color nomenclature in their listing. Not sure if you live near Fredericksburg, but I can say that they made the process SIMPLE and were very HONEST in our dealings.
    Can't say what a dealer will do when you show up, but I committed to buy before I left Charlotte.....the price was almost $4000 less than local dealers and about $2500 less than regional dealers that we contacted. Frankly, I felt that Pohanka earned my business since they were so up front about their pricing. I had my quote within 20 minutes of using their E-Price contact site. My wife and I made a road trip out of the purchase and actually camped out at Lake Anna State Park about 25 miles from the dealership.
    Happy shopping!
    Tyson Corner Honda quoted the price w/o destination. I had to pull it out of them and was a little miffed that they were not as up front as Pohanka. Tyson's price was also higher. Their price includes, I believe, wheel locks and mud guards at not extra charge...not worth much to me.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums
  • alenderalender Member Posts: 4
    I got aninternet quote for a 2013 EX, no leather or navi, but with sunroof for $23400, that includes destination charge, tax and license extra. Do you think this is fare? Should I haggle more online? Any suggestions are welcome for EX 4 cylinder please.
  • rocklirockli Member Posts: 11
    Manual or CVT? Can you exclude the sale tax?
    Funny you mentioned that you said they mentioned black was the "hot" color. They told me that "Grey" was the hot color. They have neither color so maybe that's why they said it was hard to get and the "hot" color.

Pohanka offered me the same price you mentioned but they did not have my exterior grey with grey interior in stock. To get me that color, they said it would be an extra $300. Pohanka is also an hour and half from my home so that's they are not my first choice.

Pohanka was however very easy to work with and I liked their "to the point" offer. Not a lot of games and did most of the talk through email and briefly talked to the sales person on the phone towards the end. There offer was very good but I'm in no rush to buy and trying to hold out to save a couple more hundred if possible. Still looking for an offer for under $25K including freight.

This afternoon I got another offer for $24,150 + $790 freight. I'm waiting to see if they can get me the color combo. It beats Pohanka's deal that I was offered this morning.
    I didn't think we were in a rush to buy, but my wife caught the new car bug and couldn't wait. Best of luck with your search for that perfect combo. Let us know what you finally do when you make the deal.
  • liamocliamoc Member Posts: 1
    I am a newbie on this website so any help would be appreciatted. I am lookin to get a 2013 Accord exl V6/navigation. What has been the best price someone has bought this vehicle for?
    How do you get a dealer below invoice? Has anybody been able to get this OTD for under 30,000?

Thank You all
  • junior19901216junior19901216 Member Posts: 3
    Hey brian125,

Yesterday I went to a Honda dealership and I wanted to buy 2013 Honda EXL V4 without any option and we expect to pay 24000 to 25000 out of the door. The car salesman said it's an unrealistic number and there's no way I can have that price for an EXL V4 any where. So what is a "realistic" number for this model?

I also have a co-sign but he will be out of town on April 28, so I want to seal the deal and have him sign docs on the 27 (since 28 is Sunday and dealership doesn't work on Sun). As you said that make the offer on 30 but that would be difficult for me. Can I seal the deal?
    Liamoc
    Read back prior posts from Jan to April to get idea's on how people buy and what prices they paid . Then ask your question.

Junior,
    Same post as above would apply. Read thru board and see what others in your area have paid for your make and model. Read my prior postings from Jan.. I have not been following the board on prices this past month. Here is what i would suggest from many years of experience.
    My buying numbers might be off but you could always adjust it to market value in your state or boardering states..

Research as many dealerships as possible. check there inventory for your make and model. Call every dealership on the day before you want to buy and let each dealership Internet Manager know that for xxx price you buy today.Dealers answer is Yes or no/ give me your closest price to mine for consideration / them move on to your next call. these calls are 5 min calls with a yes or no. If any one cant give you a straight answer hang up and move on. This is a quick process about price and buying that moment.. Your putting each dealership on the spot that moment for the sale..You have the buying leverage. End of month........... dealers know they have one shot at your business with calls like this.

Most people cant buy cars by phone so if you fall into that category you need to call dealerships first then visit as many as you can on your buying day. with your co signer.
    I think your buying numbers are to low
    26,399 invoice with dest/ charge
    My numbers could be off . Start at 1200 below invoice price on your model.
    High doc fee's cut into your below invoice price take them into consideration.
    Feb 28th, i bought exl V-6 for.......... 775 below invoice price.

Read thru the boards you will do just fine.......

Brian

Hey Brian,

Thanks for your post. I have that number in mind when I went to the car dealership because last year, my friend bought a 2012 Accord SE with invoice 27000. After several days sitting in the dealership for several hours a day, he finally got it at 22000 out of the door. So I guess I could get the same with that price.

So the salesman said the invoice 24,200 is the "rock bottom" add handling charge is $790. With tax (6.25%) and doc fee and everything will be estimated about $2000. The out of the door price is about $27,000. I've seen other posts saying they get the car about $26,100 with 3% so I can figure that mine should be about $26,900 to $27,100. But I'm not sure if that is the best I can get if sit around there enough...
    Unless my numbers are wrong on your model EXL 2.4 no nav is
    26,399 - 1200= 25,199, plus doc's, dmv fee's, and taxes.

Uhm... well I guess I have to go with another option then. I was thinking to go with CPO and I heard that you can't negotiate the price like a new car. I think CPO makes more sense than the new car since you drive the new baby out of the parking lot, the car itself already lost $2,000 to $3,000 of the value. It would be great if I can find CPO forum in edmunds here...
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    There's no v4 -- its either i4 or v6 =P

2012 Accord SE retail was $24800 w/ dest fee and invoice was $22800 w/ dest fee so $22k OTD is possible since the 2012 was the last year of that model

The 2013 is a recent redesign plus it has pretty good reviews so no need for Honda to offer big incentives, but you should be able to get it below invoice (how far below invoice depends on your area and how far you're willing to go to buy it in another area)

2013 EXL i4 CVT: $28,785 retail w/ dest & $26,399 invoice w/ dest
    2013 EX i4 CVT: $26,195 retail w/ dest & $24,037 invoice w/ dest
    2013 Sport i4 CVT: $24,980 retail w/ dest & $22,929 invoice w/ dest

If the EXL is out of your budget then go for the EX or sport -- you should be able to buy all of them under invoice (read the last few pages to find the lowest prices people paid)

There's no point in sitting around at a dealership for hours -- you can handle everything by email and then just go in to do the paperwork

Get online quotes from dealers in your area and from dealers in other areas if you're willing to travel -- tell them exactly which car and options you want, ask for the price with dest fee included and ask how much their doc fee is. Once you have pricing info from a bunch of dealers then you'll know the lowest price in your area. After that you can reply back telling them the lowest price you got was $$$ and ask if they can beat that price OR reply back with the price you're willing to pay "the most I'm willing to pay is $$$, let me know if you can make that happen before the end of the month, thank you"

I think CPOs are overpriced if you're buying a car that's known to be reliable -- I would rather just buy a regular used car and keep the money I saved on the side for repairs if they come up. Yes new cars do lose value after you buy them, but if you buy them at a good price and plan to keep the car for a while then the hit isn't that bad. Most people who don't know how to negotiate and buy cars at or near retail price get screwed the most along with people who like to switch cars every few years
  • pilot_bugspilot_bugs Member Posts: 6
    Yes $1200 below invoice is good starting point or little bit lower on that.Got mine for $25203 but its a lease.
  • cob2cob2 Member Posts: 9
    This is the price I arrived at in the Sacramento area:

26.465 (v6 exl) This incl the $500 finance or lease.
    Also, incl mud/mats/locks, dest, all misc charges...
    Doesn't incl tax and lic.
    All the local dealers said they would match the price. Some were nicer than others. If I buy I'll prob buy local so the local part of the sales tax stays in my community. Then again, if they're not nice or too high in price I won't...

Love the look of the new Accord, other things not so much compared to my 06 Avalon. I don't like the 2013 Avalon. I may buy a used 2012 Avalon, my 06 body style w/ few updates... I felt I arrived at a good price w/o leaving too much on the table for the Accord. That said I just couldn't see giving up my Avalon/Limited, which is prob worth 14K (90K miles 100K warranty). I just wasn't excited enough about the Accord/deal/new car. When and if my Avalon gives me problems I'll likely be back to the Accord, but for now I'll just keep my Avalon. Thanks all for your posts/info...
  • oliver1413oliver1413 Member Posts: 2
    i'm looking to purchase a new 2013 honda accord, ex-l w/nav. I live in NJ and am looking for some guidance on the best deal I should expect to pay. Also, I am looking to purchase this in full upfront, does that typically help or hurt me as I'm sure the dealership would rather me lease or finance.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for your post. I have that number in mind when I went to the car dealership because last year, my friend bought a 2012 Accord SE with invoice 27000. After several days sitting in the dealership for several hours a day, he finally got it at 22000 out of the door. So I guess I could get the same with that price.

So the salesman said the invoice 24,200 is the "rock bottom" add handling charge is $790. With tax (6.25%) and doc fee and everything will be estimated about $2000. The out of the door price is about $27,000. I've seen other posts saying they get the car about $26,100 with 3% so I can figure that mine should be about $26,900 to $27,100. But I'm not sure if that is the best I can get if sit around there enough...

2012 Accord was the outgoing model, before the redesign, there was marketing support from Honda. That is the best time to buy a Honda.

If you want the same deal on the New Accord, you will have to wait until 2017, when the New Accord comes out. Honda operates on 4 year cycles, with a mid-model refresh after 2 years.

Luckily, you may find a dealer with a left over 2012, that is either undesireable color or combination of features. You can probably negotiate a good deal on it.

Edit: When you tell the dealer you want "Accord V4" it just rings the bell in his head that he can sell you a bridge. Educate your self before you step your foot into a dealership.
    edited April 2013
    You should finance a part of the car so you take advantage of the 500 dollars incentive from honda. You could pay of the loan the next month. Today is the last day of the month. A great time to buy a vehicle... Call or visit as many dealerships with your asking price today.

Take your models invoice price and subtract 1200 off that and make your best deal by tonight. If your not buying today wait til the last days of May to buy this vehicle. Read thru prior postings to get a idea on pricing and dealerships and buying methods.. The n.y/ n.j. area is not selling as low as some other states so make your best deal between $1200 and 800 below invoice price on any model.

Your in New jersey Call Coast Honda in Sea girt N.j. Internet mgr. i think is Chris. Tell him and every dealership you call or visit That

For $1200 below invoice you buy today....Good luck

• enginner1enginner1 Member Posts: 3
    what is the best price for Honda Accord LX in MD/VA/DC area?
  • rkollarkolla Member Posts: 3
    Hey folks,

I have bought a 2013 Accord LX CVT Modern Steel Metallic for an OTD price of $22275 (includes Wheel locks, All season floor mats, & splash guards).

Dealer Name - Team Honda
    Location - Lithia Springs, Georgia

No other dealer in Atlanta are could beat this price..

I had a very smooth negotiation and am happy with the purchase. :)

ram
    edited April 2013
    Read thru these boards.. Do your own homework/??? . Take what you get from this forum and apply it to your buying experience. If your to lazy to read back 3 months and educate yourself with pricing and dealerships You will get eaten by the Wolf.

College park Honda...in M.d. Might be worth calling today for the sale.

Good luck

• cfreniacfrenia Member Posts: 6
    Hi all-
    I am looking at leasing an Accord EX for 36 months, 12k per year. Below is the price quote I received from Burns Honda in Marlton, NJ.

MSRP - $26,195
    Sales price - $24,775
    Acq Fee - $595
    Taxes, tags, NJ registration - $567

$1,000 down. They are also buying back my 2011 CRV for the amount that I still owe. I have 8 payments left. He is giving me monthly payments of $339. Does that sound right? Is it a good deal? I think I can do better but it sounds like he is at his "bottom".

Thanks.
    Someone on this board recently got a great price from pohanka in Fredericksburg - I think it was around 1400 below invoice - look back through the last couple weeks posts and you will see it.

Hope this helps.

Bill G
    A recent poster stated he leased an EX for 260 a month with only first payment due at signing - it depends on how the sales tax is handled in your location versus his. Your quote sounds high.