Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Yeah, if he gets his price AND his first color choice, he'll definitely be a happy camper. I know some dealers will offer an alternate color choice on an in stock vehicle and knock a few hundred off if they don't have your first choice.
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Mycar6886,
    Sorry i did not post earlier. Both dealerships i talked with pretty much danced around price. If your not telling dealership your buying right at that moment your price is usually vague like i got. Bayridge honda never got back to me. We were at 600 below invoice on your model. Told them 1k below gets sale.

S.i. honda sold me a EXL v-6 Back in Feb for $775 below invoice price.

New Rochelle honda internet price is selling at almost 800 below on the lx models.
    I would wait til the end of the month and buy from New Rochelle for 1k below. You should call dealerships closer for this same price on june 29th. Telling each dealer if they wont meet the 1k below you are buying that day at New Rochelle.

This is why i never make contact with dealers til the end of the month. You never get there full attention.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• vadcvadc Member Posts: 8
    So far the bext quote I got is : INVOICE (dealer) 26,300 - 1250 + 185 doc fees +tax/tag.
    Only porblem, they are asking to finance from Honda @1.99 for 60 months or pay 500 more. They have included the honda flex as part of price. I am still bargaining. If anyone see if this is best price or gets better than this, please let me know. Thanks
  • mycar6886mycar6886 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks a lot Brian.
  • inotanoobinotanoob Member Posts: 2
    Can u please tell me which dealer gave u 21.3k out the door dor accord sport mt?
  • sm31sm31 Member Posts: 2
    To be clear, the 21.3k was price + destination, so total ODT (with TTL) was just under 23k.

But it was Superior.

You might try TrueCar, as I did; guessing it returns a similar price, and I recommend the experience.
  • mzamborinimzamborini Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Hello - looking for the expected price I should pay OTD on a 2013 Accord Sedan EX manual transmission. So far I have a number of $24,216.30 - OTD from a local dealer, but they said they would need to 'will locate vehicle for you at this price'.

Just want to stay local, and get good price in Milwaukee area.
  • inotanoobinotanoob Member Posts: 2
    hey man can u please shoot me an email at trickmaster1020 at ya h 0 0? i needed to send u a private message ?

anyone here in maryland bought a accord sport 6speed manual black? how much should i pay on the road price for maryland?? min and max for a good deal including all sorts of fees they charge tax title destination PLEASE REPLY! and a dealership name would help!
  • desismomdesismom Member Posts: 6
    Hi! I really appreciate all the tips and advice on these forums.

I understand the process of how to arrive at a good price for a car whether it's before tax and fees etc. or out the door price.

Please explain how to then negotiate for a good lease term. Thanks!
  • jborelljborell Member Posts: 2
    Last night we purchased a 2013 Accord EX-L (Sedan, CVT transmission, no navigation) from Brown Honda in Toledo, Ohio. Financed for 36 months through Honda at 0.9%. Best price within 45 miles. Modern Steel Metallic, Black leather.

Price $25,500 (that includes destination)
    Doc Fee $250
    Title/Tag $33.50
    Subtotal $25,784
    Tax $1,738.13
    Total $27,521.63
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    Your monthly lease payment is based on a formula involving the length of the lease, residual percentage of the model, money factor based on your credit worthiness and the actual cost of the car. The cost of the car is the only one that is negotiable, the others are set by the leasing company (suggest you stick with Honda Finance and avoid third party leasing companies). Since you indicate you know how to negotiate the price of the car, all you need to do is decide what other items you want to put into the lease rather than pay upfront such as the $595 lease inception fee, TTL, etc). I generally recommending putting everything into the lease since anything you pay at inception is lost if the car is stolen or totalled in an accident. Of course, you should learn the leasing formula( the dealer can tell you the residual pct and money factor or you can probably find it in the leasing forum), and plug all the numbers into your calculator so you can keep the dealer honest.
  • joelv88joelv88 Member Posts: 7
    Received a quote through the internet department for a Sport 6-Spd Manual, Modern Steel, and it seems to be about $800 below invoice. Any advice on a counter-offer?

MSRP

$ 24,180.00

Dealer Invoice

$ 22,350.00

Your vehicle price

$ 20,592.00

Destination Fee

$ 790.00

Window tint

$ 299.00

Sub-total

$ 21,681.00

State tax fee

$ 1,355.06

Document fee

$ 189.00

Title fee

$ 44.50

License fee

$ 65.80

Inspection fee

$ 23.75

Deputy fee

$ 5.00

Inventory tax

$ 48.91

TOTAL DRIVE OUT

$ 23,413.02
  • jeffrey27jeffrey27 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. Can you tell me which dealerships to try and or avoid? Are you negotiating with the internet manager or just any sales person? I'd like to know if the 2013 prices will drop much when the 2014s are for sale.
  • letsbuyacarletsbuyacar Member Posts: 2
    The best quote I currently have for a 2013 Accord EX-L (black, 4 cyl, no navigation) is $24,900 plus tax and title. Any thoughts on this price? Thanks.
  • azsunny67azsunny67 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I am looking to purchase a '13 Accord EXL sedan automatic, without navigation here in phoenix but the dealers are pretty firm on their $26K + dest., tax(7.5% or more), tags, license, etc. Anyone here in Arizona been able to get the accord cheaper than that without a trade in? How about Southern Cal? Am willing to drive there for a great deal.
  • samilpzsamilpz Member Posts: 4
    Im in Los Angeles, Ca what should I be aiming for otd price on a 2013 accord sport cvt? Our tax rate is 8.75
  • pjl52pjl52 Member Posts: 26
    What are the last two days of the month when the last day of the month falls on a Sunday? Some dealers are open on Sunday others not. Also, in general, do "internet managers" work over the weekend? In other words, how to play June 2013?

Thanks! Phil
  • buyer157buyer157 Member Posts: 40
    Hi - lots of info earlier on in the thread on this. I'm going to pick up my white sport this week on long island NY...and have a friend doing the same in NJ...our experiences were similar.

After using the great information and tips on this forum, here is what I arranged:

Sport with mudflaps installed, all weather mats, wheel locks, cargo tray and all first year maint. included for 200 under invoice + 500$ flex cash. Dealer took off all prep, delivery, etc. charges. Doc fee is 75$.

So 22929 - 700 = 22,229 + 75 doc fee +TTL.

Will finance at .9% for 36 months.

Truth be told, I feel like I could get this for another 100 or 200 off if I traveled far and wide and waited another week. But I've asked other dealers to beat it and they can't (at least right now).

Buying close to home by a dealer with a good reputation is probably worth the extra cost. This was the sales person who took me on three test drives.

And do consider the cost of the accessories. If you want to protect your vehicle you will want these things...even if you go onto EBAY and buy non honda parts, you will still be paying 100 for good mats and 100 for a cargo tray. Mudflaps are as low as 60$ , but to have a shop install them is another 60-80$.

So all in all, with these accessories and 1 year maint (and they are NOT included with the sport) I'm at about 600 below invoice + the 500$ flex cash. You can probably do a little better, but probably not much. Bigger savings on the LX right now...there are lots of them.

Enjoy!
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Then the 2 days before Sunday (Fri & Sat)
  • pjl52pjl52 Member Posts: 26
    It has been advised to deal with internet sales managers or a manager authorized to deal over the phone. So is it typically true that these sorts of folks work on Saturday?
  • nw_lanw_la Member Posts: 6
    I'm a 1st time Honda Accord buyer (soon to be). I'm going to buy a 2013 LX model. Does anyone know when the 2014's are coming out? Won't the 2013's be reduced at that time?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,568
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sting23raysting23ray Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking for a 2013 Accord Coupe - V6 - Manual -

I was just quoted:

Base Price 28800
    freight: 800
    Doc: 200

Is this a good price? To be honest, this kinda blew my mind...I was expecting it to be more like 26K.... I definitely can spend a dime over 27K (Base).... Am I just dreaming? Do I just need to look for another car then?
  • mycar6886mycar6886 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Buyer,

Glad to hear your follow-up. Could you please share the information of the dealership you are going to buy from? Thanks a lot.
  • desismomdesismom Member Posts: 6
    Thanks!
    They all work on commission so they wouldn't miss out working on a Saturday when its busy. Keep in mind that some dealers have several people dedicated exclusively to internet sales while others may make the most most junior salesperson the "internet manager".
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    buyer,

Have not heard from you did you get my email.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• x88ox88o Member Posts: 2
    I live in VA and just got my new Accord EX back. Finance with Honda, after the 500 flex cash, my OTD is 23250, 22968+TTL-500. It was purchased in a MD dealer.

Hope this can help others.
  • zazizazi Member Posts: 5
    Your OTD is $ 23616.4 That's correct?
  • juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    I think tax is still to be paid, no?
    sure. are you in the new york metro area? send me a pm to buyeronefive seven at yahoo and I 'll give you the details.
    brian, so sorry. Your messages went into the spam folder. I responded right back to you. Thanks for everything. This entire board should be thanking you!
  • x88ox88o Member Posts: 2
    My OTD is 23250 after 500 flex cash.
  • albertjohnnalbertjohnn Member Posts: 19
    Purchased Honda Accord 2013 LX for a total of $23K+ OTD from Avery Greene Honda in Vellijo, CA last Sunday
  • rsvrrsvr Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy an accord sport cvt model and the best quote I've got so far is $22,499 + TTL from a dealership in southwest Missouri. The price includes flex cash, destination, mats, trunk mat, splash guards and wheel locks. There is no doc fee.
    Do you guys think it's a good price? I'm in no hurry to buy a car now, I can wait until August if needed. So should I go for this deal or wait?

Thanks in advance!
  • zazizazi Member Posts: 5
    you bought for $22968 + Tax 6% + fee= x - 500 = $23250
    it is not a bad price...I did about 250 better than you (they threw in a gift card worth 75$ for oil, tire rotations, etc but I paid a 75$ doc fee) on the same exact package, so there is probably a little room. I've seen deals for even lower, but depending on your region, they could be hard to come by

Waiting until August or September will absolutely yield you a better price...but once the 2014s start rolling in you will be limited on color choice. You may just have to take what is left on the lot. For me, it had to be white, so it was worth paying more to get the car now.

My recommendation - call them and tell them 22200 gets them the sale this month. If not, you will wait it out until later in the model year. I can tell you that they have room. Maybe not a lot, but they have some.
    To anyone who purchased a car using honda flex cash...did your dealer tax you on it? Mine added it to the selling price, taxed me on it and then took it off at the end. Cost me another 50$. One friend of mine was NOT taxed on his, another was. Wondering what is customary. If it should be taxed I'm okay with it...I'm not okay with the dealer using it as a way to get another 50$ out of me.
  • gbman13gbman13 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Been trying to decide on trim level, really don't need anything over LX but don't like the interior LX fabric. Saw an LX today with dealer installed leather, said its only about 1200-1400 for dealers asking price. Wondering if anyone has added this at dealer and if you're happy? Figure this could be cheaper than EX and addresses my LX issue.
  • 336mil336mil Member Posts: 8
    In most states, automobile cash incentives and rebates are taxable. You were not cheated (unless you live in one of the following states that do not tax them... I think this list is accurate):

Alaska
    Arizona
    Delaware
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Massachusetts
    Minnesota
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    New Hampshire
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Wyoming
    Suggest you talk to a tax professional in your state or visit your states tax website. Although I don't live in Massachussets, I know for a fact that you pay sales tax on what the dealer charges you. If the incentive is netted in the price, you pay less sales tax than if you receive the incentive via a check after the purchase. Can't comment on the accuracy of the rest of the list.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    edited June 2013
    You are taking a risk with dealer installed leather because there is no guarantee any side airbags installed in the seats will deploy properly during a collision.
    The leather installer can't guarantee that and Honda won't since you messed with the factory seat covers.
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    I had the dealer install leather on my '04 Mazda 6 which had side airbags. Nobody said it was risky or that that there could be an airbag problem.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,568
    Everything you wanted to know about dealer installed leather...

This company is big in the business

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2013
    That's not surprising that they didn't say it would be a problem or that it could be risky especially if they were not asked. Do you think a Toyota salesman is going to volunteer to you that the current Camry had a poor rating on the small overlap crash test and that Toyotas in general had much worse results than competing cars in that test? No, they will more likely only tell you that it is a "Top Safety Pick" and had 5 star test results in other crash tests.
    They can tell you anything verbally anyway. "I never said that." "I don't remember saying that." "I'm sorry you misinterpreted what I said."
    There is no "proof" that the seat covers would be unsafe on your particular car or that you would ever have an accident where the airbag functioning perfectly would make a difference. They have plausible deniability and are trying to sell them, not scare people away.

The airbags should still "work" unless they very poorly installed the seat covers, but they may not work exactly the way the manufacturer intended.
    If the airbags don't go off at the correct speed or is otherwise impaired, but still "deploy" and you are injured because of it, you will have no way to prove that or you may be killed and not be able to do anything about it.
    Because this will be difficult to prove, the aftermarket leather makers are not at much risk of being sued unless the seat covers are so poorly installed that they very obviously interfered with the side airbags during an accident.
    edited June 2013
    Isn't the money factor also negotiable since the dealerships may mark up the money factor without mentioning it to pad their profits with extra commission and you will have to negotiate with them to remove their markup to get back to the base rate?
    edited June 2013
    Of course, someone has. There are plenty of anecdotes of people using the Hondacare coverage.
    The majority of people will have problems that add up to less than what they paid for the extended warranty or will happen during factory coverage or after an extended warranty would have also expired (150K miles etc.).
    On any single car, you might have a very expensive covered item failure during the specific window of time after the factory warranty expires but before the extended coverage expires, but more likely not.
    For instance, if you buy an extended warranty on every car you own over your entire life, it is extremely likely that you will be worse off financially than if you had saved/invested that money and just paid cash for any repairs on the specific cars you owned that needed repairs.
    If you buy the Hondacare coverage for the cheapest price possible, at least you will be "losing less money" and you could rationalize that you are paying for "peace of mind" rather than pre-paying for covered repairs that may never be needed.
    If there are factory incentives then they take it directly off the car, but for flex cash they treat it like a cash payment at the end after taxes

As mentioned above it probably varies by state, but for the most part you pay taxes on that $500

Were your 2 friends in the same state as you?
    Just ask them what brand they use then search for online reviews -- I think aftermarket leather is fine as long as they use a good brand (Katzkin or LeatherSeats or Clazzio are the most common). The dealer will charge a couple hundred more since they usually take their commission and send the car to an independent shop to get the work done (they may do it in-house if your dealership is part of a big network of dealers)

You can also use google or yelp to find independent shops in your area and get a quote from them -- if its a small price difference then I would just go with the dealer (if theres a problem during/after install then the dealer will take care of it)

They don't just slide the leather on top of your cloth seats -- they remove the seats from the car, take off the cloth top, install the leather and then reinstall the seats. Airbags will deploy fine since aftermarket leather seats take into account airbag locations similar to OEM leather

Here's my earlier post on aftermarket leather:
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef006d2/29526#MSG29526
    Perhaps if you are dealing with a third party leasing company as some of them are sleazier than the dealers (one of my ten leases was through one and I'll never make that mistake again) but leases through the manufacturer's primary leasing source will offer the same money factor to everyone in the same credit tier. I do suggest you ask to see rate sheet that the leasing company provided the dealer. It should be the same as that provided to other dealers of that make in your location and those rates won't be negotiable. However, the dealer may try to mark up the lease inception fee.
    When you talk to a dealer about a lease, ask them to give you the money factor, residual and capitalized cost. Once they realize you know something about leasing, there's less of a chance of them playing games.