Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    Brian, my thoughts exactly when I saw the post but I figured I would let you take that one since it was right in your wheelhouse.
    nyccarguy, although the programs may work that way, the dealer sales rebates may be on a calendar month basis. Love to ask my old accounting professor whose firm had the accounts of most of the Long Island dealerships but unfortunately he is no longer with us.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,410
    Thanks for clarifying!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    Hi,

In case this helps anyone out there, got a call from a local dealer here in North Jersey, and was surprised when I was told that they had Monday (today 7/1) as their last day of the month, and they were being over aggressive today with their prices. Person did mentioned this was due to being closed yesterday, however I am not sure if that has actually anything to do with it.

I wonder if month end will be extended till July 4th closes also?

Thanks,
    Julian
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited July 2013
    This is how dealerships get over on people with incentives /rebates etc.

Dealer agree's to your 500 below invoice price. He is using that rebate to get to that number. your task when buying is to take his Hold-back and doc fee charge plus any rebates and incentives on top of that buying number. Alot of us buyers are not previe to Manufactor to dealer silent or hush money. We dont know what the dealerships bottom line is on that vehicle.. We gauge our prices from web sites like kelly's ,Edmunds, Consumer reports , MSN auto, Aol auto, , etc..

Here is the bigger question. I buy vehicle for 1200 below dealers invoice. with no rebates or incentives from Honda corp. Out of that 1200 below invoice price 700 dollars was taken from so called dealers hold-back for the car and his Doc fee charge. The question is how was he able to sell it for 500 dollars cheaper than what we know was dealers profit margin.. We dont know dealers bottom line price.. Thats why.

Since dealers have recieved FLEX cash...... if you read this board most post that people recieved 700 to 800 below invoice was from flex cash incentive added to deal.

Your letting dealerships get over on you. To many people cant negotiate a car to save there life. dealers know this. Months ago people were getting 700 to 1000 below invoice without any flex cash why is that.

Dealers sales incentive money runs out on the last day of the month if they cant meet there quota. There are no carry over's. Only rebates and incentives may. Big dealerships may hit there number sooner in the month. By calling many dealerships on the last days of any month or at the end of a sales quarter gives you the opportunity to buy that vehicle cheaper than earlier in the month. Dealers tend to play less games and are more inclined to nail down the sale at the end of the month.

i would not doubt dealerships have some kind of incentives to sell a certain amount of vehicles on President weekend, Memorial/ 4 of july, etc.

Just think........... the few of us in this forum knowing how and when to get the best deal possible,, Opposed to hundreds of thousands who get ripped off.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

So holdback on Hondas is typically 2% of MSRP?

Absolutely 100% we'll never know the "true" cost of what the dealer paid for a certain car.

One of the reasons I like car shopping in NY is that "doc fees" are limited to $75 as opposed to CT which dealers call their doc fee a "conveyance fee." Like you said, if a buyer focuses on an OUT THE DOOR price, of Invoice minus holdback, minus incentives, minus $X + tax, then the doc fee should be irrelevant.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• rsvrrsvr Member Posts: 21
    Brian,

I negotiated that deal during the 2nd week of last month. I just checked and it is still valid. But I just have decided to go with EX-L and my target price is $25K for EX or $26K for EXL with navi. What do you guys think about the price?

Thanks!
    edited July 2013
    The EXL 4

Invoice is 25,609 plus 790 dest/ charge = $26,399 none nav.

Invoice w/ nav= $27,433 plus 790 dest=..$28,223.

For me personally i think if you bought a Garmin Nuvi for under 200 dollars its better than the Honda Nav system. Save your money. Thats just me. Never liked the car nav's..

I have a 2012 MB , X-5 and i prefer to use my Garmin when i travel.

i think your numbers are off on the EXL 4 model. Above is your invoices. If dealer could del you the exl w/ navi, for 26k its a no brainer. Thats over 2k below invoice................ not happening.
    800 to 1200 below on either of your models plus incentives/ rebates would make for a great deal. This price would include figuring the dealers doc fee's into the price.

If dealerships doc fee's are 300 your sale price of the vehicle needs to be 1500 below invoice price to counter that charge. This makes your vehicle sale price $1200 below dealers invoice..

Good luck on your decision

• 3amadors3amadors Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Hi all, let me throw my two cents in. I got info from fighting chance.com that has a different way of getting to a fair price on a car. They'll provide info specific to each model plus general information on how dealer's make money. I didn't use their negotiating technique which has dealer's bidding for your business but instead, I was able to use some of the info to get a good price on my car.

One of the points they make is that a dealer could end up selling some car's at the end of the month at a loss in order to meet a mfr's number which would give the dealer a bonus from a mfr. that could be in the hundreds of thousands for sales within a certain period. For example a bonus may be $500K and if they took a loss of $100k to make the number's they are still way ahead. We will never know what these number's are. These bonuses can also be tied to dealer satisfaction ratings.

You can google fighting chance and they have some info posted that may help without having to buy the report which is $39.95 plus $15 for addtl. models.

Hope this provides some insight into why a dealer may take losses on some car sales. I'm curious to see what the feed back is from my post.

PS - I paid $26.2 for exl w/ nav before fees, I think that is something to shoot for.

Mario
    Thanks Brian and Mario! I'll shoot for that price.

Did you get any accessories for that price? mats, splash guards, wheel locks, tint etc.
    edited July 2013
    Mario

Thats why you always buy at the end of the month. Many dealers who are selling at 600 below invoice thru the month and come up short of making sales incentive numbers will sell for hundreds less at the end. This info is well documented now for many many years. The key is finding those dealerships. i have pulled off deals over the years using this approach thats unheard of. Wish i could do it with the higher end vehicles. Much harder.

edited July 2013
    Thanks, Hope this info helps all. Let us know what car you got.

Thanks
    edited July 2013
    These are an excellent price target for either car.
    Hi rsvr,

No accessories, just base car. I may have been able to get some? I think I was worn from the process, but all in all the price was good to me. I'll get some all weather mats down the road and get them online or wait for a good dealer coupon.

Let us know how you make out.
  • accordguyphlaccordguyphl Member Posts: 4
    This seems like a good price to me from Davis Honda in Burlington, NJ. I think they are inflating the Doc/DMV fees since the list price is so low, but it is still the best OTD price I have seen. I probably could haggle with those fees, but this seems like a good price (OTD) regardless of how they came to that final number. I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Thanks,
    Steve

$21,629 (includes $790 destination fee)
    $1298 PA tax (6%)
    $299 DMV Fee
    $298.50 doc fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $10.00 Some other fee I forgot the name of

$23,542.00 OTD
  • dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    Tyson's Corner (Virginia) emailed me their ad for July 4, which is a Honda Sport Auto for $20997. Add in their $300 in "doc fees" nonsense, and it's $21300-ish. Your quote (assuming DMV fee is legit; just call your local DMV office or call another dealership and ask them what the fee is ... pretty simple) is $21629 + $300, or $21930-ish. There's another $630 (at least from Virginia) you're not getting.

Prices on Tyson's www page are quite a bit higher; get added to their emails for better pricing.

*I stand corrected; Tyson's email excludes freight, so you're certainly in the ballpark with that offer. Good work.
  • happymanmenhappymanmen Member Posts: 7
    I hope my report could help all you guys pick the right Accord you like and the price.

At first, I like 4 doors, sunroof and paddle shifters. However, there is no sedan trim level that I want.

The sport is good, but no sun roof, start button, keyless entries. I am thinking to add the sunroof, but most people say aftermarket isn¡¯t good and no one wants to make a new hole to your new car, am I right. Even sunroof isn¡¯t needed for everyone, but I like to open the sunroof in the sunset or see the star with your lover in the car.

The EX sedan is good with Lane watch, but no paddle shifters. After I tested drive the coupe EX-L and sport sedan, I found that the paddle shifter is really surprised me. There is no lag up or down gear. For regular transmission, even they have +/- paddle; it still has delay around 1 second to change gears. However, CVT with no lag and smooth. It¡¯s really like stick feeling. I have been driven stick over 10 yrs, I am looking for an automatic car for +/- paddle like Audi A4 (too expensive), but the 2013 accord did it. Even the sport sedan with same power, but the 4 doors and 19¡± wheels make the acceleration slowly than the coupe.

Then, I am thinking the coupe EX (for sunroof, keyless entries). After I get some research deeply, I found that same EX trim level, but there has lane watch for EX sedan, but not for coupe. The Lane watch is really worked; you could turn on anytime to check the right side blind sport and the road condition. It¡¯s help to watch the motorcycle or bike when you turn right. Also, help some motorcycle pass you in the freeways when you on the left fast line, especially when traffic hours. It¡¯s really worth it.

Then, I have stuck with coupe EX or EX-L. There is only $2k different. The EX-L has leather sit, heat sit, power sit, land watch, FCW, LDW, 360W stereo with subwoofer. Finally, I pick the coupe EX-L. Of course, if you have family, pick the EX 4 doors with lane watch.

I just bought the steel night pearl-BLUE (it¡¯s hard to get this color in LA, CA) COUPE EX-L W/O NAVI OTD $27600 in Los Angeles CA, Jun 28 Fri. No additional Accessories added.

My suggestion is asking for the OTD, not the sales price. Most dealer say just plus the tax and ttl in the sales price; don¡¯t trust it. I got many dealers sales price are lower, but after I ask them send me OTD, there is $100-$700 hidden fee (I got one dealer wrote down Pro Pack and Floor mats installed: $666.53). Also, most dealers will not send the OTD price. I send over 30 dealers; only 10 send back the OTD. Then, you will know that they want to use sales price to ask you come to show room, but finally the OTD is different.

If you can use Honda finance, ask for $500 flex cash. Some dealer include the military rebate or Honda finance $500 rebate, please remember ask the price is before the rebate or not.

If live CA and want the Honda care warranty, go to saccuci.com. I got 8yr/120k for $1,140.

My coupe EX-L OTD is below:

MSRP $28,860.00
    INV $26,468.00

SALES $25,421.15 (If use MSRP, I got 11.92% off) (if use invoice, I got $1,046.85 off, plus flex cash $500 off. Total different with invoice with flex cash is $1,546.85)

DOC $80.00
    TAX $2,295.10 (CA TAX 9%) IT¡¯S KILL THE PRICE than other sate
    TTL $303.75
    OTD BEFORE FLEX $28,100.00

LESS FLEX CASH -$500 (I got the 0.9% 36 months and down pay 11% $3000)
    OTD $27,600

I don¡¯t know the price is good or not, please give me some advice. I don¡¯t know why Los Angeles price hard to find the cheap one like EX-L w/o navi OTD $25,000 than other state. Did anyone install aftermarket alarm since the keyless don¡¯t have the shock sensor for windows break (Honda charge me $980 for their alarm, and I stay aways)? Please give me some idea.

Thanks
  • mevandermevander Member Posts: 7
    Truecar com shows the price of the car mentioned, EXL 4 cylinder as 25.299 and shows 3 dealers willing to do it.. means they singed up with Truecar com. I think you can do a little better. The dealer gets incentives for volume, end of the month promotions, end of the quarter and so on. We all want the best price and the dealer had to make some $$ to pay the rent, lights, salesperson ect.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Be wary of TRUECAR! This is an outfit which about two years ago stopped showing the prices out the high volume dealers who sell on the cheap. The CEO of the company was quoted in Automotive magazine as saying to dealers we won't give those prices up anymore - because every transaction is worth $300 bucks to this SCUMMY fake place. The biggest joke is Consumer Reports still uses it. Don't believe anything from TRUECAR - it should be called LYINGCAR OR STICKITTOTHECUSTOMERCAR - cause that is in my opinion what this organization is all about.
  • accordguyphlaccordguyphl Member Posts: 4
    The actual OTD price for Davis Honda in Burlington, NJ was better than they quoted me on the phone. In my opinion, it was a great place to buy a car. No pressure tactics, they honor their internet prices, and they got me a great price.

Here was the final breakdown. The sale price was exactly what I was quoted on Truecar.com. My case is a single datapoint, but I found Truecar to be helpful. Edmunds shows the dealer invoice at $22929, and I was able to get an OTD price of just $400 more than dealer invoice, so I am very happy with this result.

$21,629 (includes $790 destination fee)
    $1297.74 PA tax (6%)
    $298.50 doc fee
    $70.5 Title Fees
    $40 On-line processing fee

$23,335.74 OTD
  • yehongyehong Member Posts: 1
    Hello, guys! Let me get wise opinions from you
    My brother is trying to buy a 2013 Honda Accord EX Sedan and this one will be his first new car.

We contacted with four dealerships and the best OTD price we've got so far is :
    $24,037
    1503 tax
    300 lic & registration
    $25,840
    150 tint
    151.60 splash guards
    137.70 trunk tray
    83.65 wheel locks
    so OTD including 4 items above is $26,362.95
    with flex cash and military discount will reduce the price to $25,339

I assume they offered me more discount than just flex cash and military discount because the sum of flex cash and military discount is $1,000.

One of these four dealerships offered us the same price including the same 4 features described above and one year of free maintenance. This dealership is in the city where we live and the other dealership described above is about an hour away from our home.

Actually we almost made up our mind but just wanted to know the deals we have right now is better than okay.
  • rouzbehrouzbeh Member Posts: 6
    ok guys i got two offers.

1. 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L CVT

Sale price $26,119
    Admin fee $161
    Sales tax $1,708
    Title $95
    Plate transfer $25
    Transit tax $20

TOTAL $28,128
    extension of powertrain to 100000

2. 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L CVT

MSRP for the 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L is $28,785.
    Total with tax, title and license (assuming new plates) is roughly $28,100
    plus two years maintenance for free

what do you think?
  • zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    You should be paying about 22,500.00 for an Honda Ex Sedan, including destination. Or about 500 more than a Sport.
  • pjl52pjl52 Member Posts: 26
    You are paying $500 for these accessories. That is ok if you want them, I personally would not. The are basically giving you a 1000$ discount and then taking 500 away with these toys.

If you want the accessories, I guess Brian would tell you to pay no more than the invoice price on the accessories.

Myself, unless you are in love with the car, you probably can do $500 better. Get 1000 discount and no accessories. I am not knowledgeable enough to know if you can get this discount before the end of the month, but I am pretty sure you could at the end of July.
    edited July 2013
    A Good starting sale price for most models excluding the Sport 6m model in the month of july should be at least 800 below dealers invoice in most states.If you not getting 800 below your not doing a good job negotiating... Then on top of that number minus all Incentives and Rebates due to you. Flex cash, Military, etc... This price of 800 below should include calculating dealers doc fee's. into that sale price.. 1000 below invoice or more should be your target buying price, settling for 800 below at worst case scenario.

SO AS POSTED EARLIER. If a dealers doc fee's are $398 your asking price to buy that day is $1398 below dealers invoice.. Making the sale price 1k below invoice. Washing out doc fee charge..

Do not get suckered into paying for accessories you do not want. My only suggestion is if they are on the car already tell dealer that you will buy those items at dealers invoice only.. If dealer says no you tell them to find the car you want or you walk away..

Read thru these boards and apply what was said..

This is your price answers to the last 2 post Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited July 2013
    Check out happymans post # 30014. Bought exl coupe for

1046 below invoice plus 500 flex cash = 1,546 below invoice june,30th

He is in L.A.

Happy What dealership you never posted it...

If you go into honda Accord Repair Forum i will tell you what kind of alarm sensor you need... alot of us from here are in there.

Thanks for detailed response,

What is the invoice price? 26300 for ex-l cvt?
  • kmn11636kmn11636 Member Posts: 1
    What should I be paying for a white 2013 Accord Touring in the midwest area?
    Looking to buy sometime this month if price is right.
  • happymanmenhappymanmen Member Posts: 7
    The dealer name is Hardin Honda. Please let me know which alarm better for coupe EX-L

thanks
    edited July 2013
    Happy
    If i was putting addition alarm my Ist choice and one of the best car alarms is

The Viper 5901 top of the line ....... $500

My second choice depending on my budget and what exactly i need would be

The Python 991

You wont be disappointed with either alarm system. Both alarms have lower grade model systems.
    I know on the viper 5901 you could monitor your car and activity from your phone. Well worth it if you live in the projects or in the hood.

The only problem i see with alot of these alarms is How and Where they are wired to your vehicle. Your vehicle has alot of high Tech features I would call honda and also i would speak with several people in the alarm profession 1st.

Dealer: ROPER HONDA, Joplin, MO

Well, most of us know this but never deal with dealerships in the first week of a month.
    I tried to get a good deal on the EXL or EXL w/navi but they were firm on their price. $27,333 for EXL and not even a penny less. I tried to reason with them, showing the posts online but they were like, "not everyone posts correct information and the dealerships will be out of business if they sold cars at those prices." I started at $25k and even offered $26k for EXL but no use.
    I was disappointed and finally went ahead with Accord Sport. Their offer was still good at $22,500 and since the salesman promised to deliver the car next day (trailer it from a different dealer), I signed some papers and paid $500 deposit. They promised to get it on Wednesday but the salesman wouldn't answer my phone on Wednesday and after 5-6 calls, I called the dealership directly threatened to call off the deal and that's when the salesman was on the phone and gave some BS excuse. So when I asked him about the car, he had three options for me...
    1. My car will be driven from another dealership and will be delivered on Friday.
    2. It will be trailered and will be delivered sometime next week.
    3. Wait a month until they get their next truck load.
    I was mad when I saw these options coz that is not what they promised and we made our plans and were so eagerly waiting for our new car to be delivered as promised. As I don't own any other vehicle, I said to the salesman that I can wait but atleast provide me a loaner until you get it but they said NO. Now I'm stuck without a car and that too over a long weekend. Our plans had to be cancelled and I'm just pissed at them. I'd rather cancel the deal and pay more at a different dealership than deal with these guys and their lies. Don't know what to do....
    edited July 2013
    I'm sorry for the experience. Don't know what to say...See if they get you the car tomorrow or early next week at the latest. EOM is too long to wait! I don't know if you can back out since they have your trade in.

I got a quote for $24,899 on exl (I'm, sure it includes destination) + fees. I really do not know what it would take to have the car delivered to you, just a thought.
    The Sport was $21,929 (includes destination) + fees. Probably not worth having the sport shipped.

The dealer's name is Pohanka in Fredericksburg, VA...ask for Brenda.

Good luck and I'm sorry for the hassle you are going through.
    I bought an 2013 Honda accord 2013 exl cvt for 24818 including 199 admin fee, does that sound good?
    rouzbeh,

That is an excellent deal if it's OTD price.
    Please share the details of the dealership so that others can benefit too.
  • nomoretoyota07nomoretoyota07 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hey all, I just got offered a 2013 Honda Accord LX for 22,815 OTD. The price INCLUDES all tax, dealer fees, and tag/registration fees. Do you guys think this is a good deal??? Thanks for the input!

Also, what do you guys think is a good price for an EX ot the door with taxes, dealer fees, everything included?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Happy
    If i was putting addition alarm my Ist choice and one of the best car alarms is

The Viper 5901 top of the line ....... $500

My second choice depending on my budget and what exactly i need would be

The Python 991

You wont be disappointed with either alarm system. Both alarms have lower grade model systems.
    I know on the viper 5901 you could monitor your car and activity from your phone. Well worth it if you live in the projects or in the hood.

The only problem i see with alot of these alarms is How and Where they are wired to your vehicle. Your vehicle has alot of high Tech features I would call honda and also i would speak with several people in the alarm profession 1st.

A) If you live in the projects then you are most likely a low income family, i.e. falling under the governments definition of low income, and most likely will not have funds to purchase a $20,000+ vehicle.

B)Having grown up in the Bronx, not the "hood portion" but it seemed that people from the "hood" would deliberately travel to our area to break into cars. I can tell you that no matter what alarm you have, they know how to disable it. So, if you live in the "hood" save the money you would be spending on the alarm, and park, in the under the building secure garage. However, that is not a guarantee either. Someone broke into the garage once, too. But, it was under video survelance, and they were cought. But, they did break into every single car (busted at least 1 window in every car).

Having made the 2 points above, I will tell you, Alarms are USELESS. They are just noise makers, and no one is paying attention to them. Thieves will disable the alarm before it even has a chance to go off. The only people it will deter, are the kids, who are starting out as car thieves. They will quikcly learn how to disable any car alarm.

Most cars these days come with immobilizers, meaning that they can't be hot wired. But, it has not stopped people from towing them with a rogue/stolen tow truck.

If you live in a questionable neighborhood, you are better off getting into secured parking, and/or increasing your insurance coverage. Those are pretty much the only 2 guaranteed things.

Speaking of insurance, back in the 90's, when I lived in the Bronx, full coverage on a brand new Honda Civic was $5,000/year, or 1/3rd cost of the car!!!!
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    PLEASE, no more of the very off topic alarm discussion. Please respect the board's topic and stay on topic.
    I work in the Bronx (the bad part, although its not as bad as it was back in the day) and agree with you 100% about car alarms. They are useless!

• gatorguy007gatorguy007 Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone - thanks for all the detailed information. This has been a very useful forum. I live in Atlanta, GA and can get the LX for $21,700 OTD. Due to my budget, I offered the dealership $21,500 OTD and walked away. Can I get some input on how good these prices are?

Thanks in advance.
    You need to provide more info on your deal.

Your states sales tax rate and amount
    Dealers doc fee's charge
    Any other charges applied after sale price on vehicle

Then someone can help you?

• gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Blueiedgod did not initiate the discussion about alarms but I, and I'm guessing others found his input insightful, therefore useful to the readers of this forum - if you did not, you have the option to move on to the next post.
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • xiaolinxiaolin Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hi, I am in atlanta and I try to buy a Accord LX too. Would you please tell me the name of the dealership which give you the $21,700 OTD?

Thanks a million.
  • happyman6happyman6 Member Posts: 4
    rouzbeh,

It is a great deal if it is an OTD price.

Could you please share the dealer's information with us? Please include the dealership name, city and state. Thanks!
  • gatorguy007gatorguy007 Member Posts: 3
    $21,700 includes $1421 of tax, $41 tag fee, and $699 dealer fee. Regardless of what it includes, $21,700 is the OTD price including whatever they want to include in it.
    edited July 2013
    Gator,
    If your OTD numbers are final at $21,700 for a lx model w/taxes included

your deal is 1090 below dealers invoice. this is how i arrived at your number.

Invoice plus /dest charge= 20,579 + 790= $21,369

Sale price= $ 19,580 + 699 doc fee's = $ 20,279

This is a good deal If dealer did not add flex cash money to your sale price. Most LX models are selling for 1k or more below invoice at this time of the year.

rsvr,

This price includes only dealer related fees, It says on the contract " the amount to be financed". They said that I will have to deal with the license plate and tax through Illinois (since the dealer is at Missouri). But they said they can add tax to it if I want to. Is this still looks good to you? should I pay tax through DMV or add it to my financing amount? Please explain.

The dealer is westcountyhonda at St.louis Missouri. Try to chat with them online and you can get this deal.
    happyman
    One quick follow up on your Accord alarm. most people dont add any other security to there cars except what the manufacturer gives you.

Bluiegod..... makes some valet points on most cheap alarms especially years ago.. He fails to realize the new systems like the Viper has GPS tracking... Alerts you if car doors or anything is opened. Has both engine immobilzers and Ignition shut offs. Unless the crook can disconnect this alarm it has shock sensors so you cant Tow it or steal the wheels.. If you add the gas cut off feature it makes for a monster alarm. Good security systems may not always work. The key is to deter the crook on the time factor where its not worth the time and effort to get caught. This Alarm is a major headache for any thief plus the time factor its not just cutting a red wire to disconnect a sound alarm its multiple steps to find and disconnect and then starting car.

Gas cut off valves, engine immobilizers, and ignition shut off systems are time consuming to steal.

Just something else to think about.

• jplatt2jplatt2 Member Posts: 24
    Sorry, I have to agree with Ziggy. This is a Prices Paid forum. Not long ago I think this forum went off topic with cloth vs leather seats or something like that. I don't think those were appropriate here but at least it had something to do with an Accord. If you read some other forums, you will find some where they have gone completely off topic with the same few people posting back and forth. Yes, the alarm posts were informative and I learned something but it would be selfish of me to post a question off topic to take advantage of a large readership so I wouldn't do that and I hope others agree.
  • oocyndeeoooocyndeeoo Member Posts: 3
    Hello all,

I am looking for a 2013 Honda accord EX-L in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Has anyone purchased one , if so can you provide info on how much you paid? Are prices more negotiable now that the 2014 models are comming out in several months? I do not plan on financing the car so is there an advantage or disadvantage to this in negotiating a price? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  • dudelsackmanndudelsackmann Member Posts: 1
    Purchased my car yesterday and this blog was a great source for me to figure out how my shopping was going along so I thought I would share my experience.

I was quoted by nearly all the area Honda dealers, but the husband of a co-worker, worked at one of the dealers, so I was really trying to get a deal with him at his dealership and to use the other dealers as leverage. I think I did pretty good, and am happy with my purchase. The dealer included the wheel locks, mud flaps, and trunk liner as well.

Numbers before my trade-in looked like this....

Purchase Price - $21,472.11
    Doc Fee - $299.00
    License and other fees - $119.25
    Taxes (7%) - $1,503.05

Total OTD - $23,393.41
    Rouzbeh,
    In my opinion that is still a good deal. If it includes tax too then it is too go to be true. If you are financing thru honda, not sure if they finance the tax amount, but you can give it a shot. If I was you, I would be all over that deal. Does the price include any accessories? If not have them include the accessories u like at dealer price. Good luck.
    I live in MO but 5 hrs from st.louis. I will get a quote from them and see if my local dealershp matches it.
    Rsvr