Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fiona6fiona6 Member Posts: 9
    this may be a silly question but could you explain what is flex cash? thanks!
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    edited July 2013
    Nate - I think you are making this much more complicated than it needs to be. You will receive many excellent suggestions on this forum on how to buy your car. Take all the advice and mold it into what works for you. First, I'd like to point out that the destination charge is something everyone pays and is not negotiable. If you do all those things you mentioned, you are going to eliminate yourself as a customer from some dealers - they will see you as a grinder who is going to nickel and dime them to the point that what little they make is not worth the effort. I will offer you my two cents on what I think is simple and has worked well for me since the advent of Internet buying.

If you have zeroed in on the make and model you wish to purchase, send an identical email to the internet sales department of as many dealers as you can within the distance you are willing to travel. In the email, request their best price quote including destination charge and their dealer doc fee (for now forget tax and DMV fees as the are fixed and can't be negotiated). The responses you receive will indicate which dealers are interested in jumping into the fight for your business. You will also find out right off the bat how close they are to your target price. You can now narrow your list down to the dealers who are closest to your target price and get them to compete against each other. And as Brian125 advocates, time this as close to the end of the month as possible.

In negotiation, he who speaks first loses - don't tip your hand to them - if you lowball, they will not take you seriously and if your offer is too high, you may leave dollars on the table. Let them tell you their price and work down from there.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    Brian,

I need some negotiation advice.

I saw a demo 2013 Accord EX-L with about 3300 miles on sale for $3000 off MSRP of $28,785 = $25,785. Here is my dilemma. I can buy the same model, brand new for a few hundred less without any negotiation.

I told the dealer that the price would have to be at least $5000 off MSRP to get my interest. His response was to email him my best price. I was thinking of starting around $22k and not going any higher than $23k. Is that reasonable? Here is my question, how low can/should I go?

On a side note, I was going to call a few dealers at the end of the month for pricing on a brand new accord. I was thinking of aiming for not more than $24.5k.

Thanks,
    Mike
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    By financing your vehicle thru the honda corp. There is a 500 dollar flex cash incentive you are entitled to. This 500 dollar can be deducted off the bill.

Some dealers have flex cash to give.............. Some dont. Call dealerships first and ask.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited July 2013
    Buy brand new. Make your best deal for the model you want. That demo vehicle which the dealer still considers a New car would be a better buy at the end of the year. Dealers price right now is not worth it.

Apply the buying methods............Shoot for last 2 days of the month.

I appreciate the info.
    That was my plan.

Thanks, again.
  • mrbeernoonmrbeernoon Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    I asked for $24,500 OTD at Fuller Honda and they honored it. This includes the 500 flex cash for getting honda financing. Other dealer's best quote was $25,500. Don't get the GAP insurance from dealer($700), I'm cancelling mine and will get it from credit union ($100)when I refi.
  • johnh21johnh21 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for advice on what exactly I should compose as an email to the several different dealers in my area. I plan on starting the negotiating on Monday, July 29th. I have seen on different sites that the invoice after destination fee for the touring model is around 31, 400. That should make my goal price around 30,500. I don't know if they have honda flex cash in my area or not. Olympia, Washington. I plan on using honda financing for 1.9% for 60mos. I also was gonna ask for a few add ons at dealer cost (i.e. splash guards, moon roof visor, rear deck spoiler) I will also ask for 3 years free oil changes when it gets to that point. Any suggestions or help with the email would be appreciated....or anything else for that matter. Thanks
  • meameameamea Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a Accord Sport MT, and I wanted to get some feedback on our price point. I see a couple of references throughout that you can expect $XXX ($600, $800, etc) below invoice for various models excluding the Sport manual transmission. Does that mean I can do better than $800 below invoice on the Sport MT, or worse?

I have a quote through a car buyer's service for $21,600 without dealer's fees, taxes and registration (so ~$600 below $22,200 invoice). Is this good? Can I expect better starting tomorrow (2 days before the end of the month)?
    edited July 2013
    JOHN, this may help

I'm looking to buy a Accord Touring today. i will secure this deal with a credit card deposit if we can agree on price.I will finance the car thru you if your dealership has flex cash to offer, if not you need to match my outside finance rate to earn my business. For xxx below dealers invoice price, plus splash guards, and moon visor installed at dealers invoice i will buy this car today. I have several offers for 1200 below invoice but i will buy today for xxx. Will your dealership meet this price for the sale today.

Please enclose your dealerships doc fee charge if your emailing.
    Also ask if that dealership has flex cash for financing vehicle....if emailing.

Thankyou here is my email, and cell phone.

Send this form of email or call as many dealers on july 30th.

I like to talk directly to the internet manager. Any dealerships internet manager that cant give you a answer on price move on they are a clueless dealership. Dealerships that are not internet savy by now in this day and age will be in trouble soon enough and management needs to go.

I challenge you to Call 30 dealerships and apply this direct form of talk with the Internet Managers.. You will never have to rely on this forum for price again. You will command respect and the good dealerships will recognize you and either meet your offer or counter for the sale. If your not a good negotiator this may not work to good for you. Sending emails with my type of wording will get the ball rolling thou for you.. Your Advantage is most people are asking the dealer for his version of pricing and in my book that is a no- no and a waste of both our time. I dont care what he wants to make. I'm looking for the bottom line price for my model. And this is how to get it.

Dealerships that sell cars identify this kind of buyer. They always take your money. Find those dealerships

You are in control and have the most leverage on the 30th. with the key phrase........... i"m buying right Now.... yes or no. This is how you secure the best price deal in your area. Buying like this helps you to determine what the market price is on your Accord.. Its fast, easy and avoids all that dealership b.s that you hear in this forum over and over and over.

• frisbee12frisbee12 Member Posts: 3
    Why would you ask to "meet" your prices? I wanted dealers to "beat" the lowest price?

I purchased my LX CVT 2013 honda at the end of June using email approach, by first calling and discussing my intent with the fleet/internet manager. My follow up email was:

I really appreciate the response and detailed price quote from your dealership. I received several prices quotes, and have shown the lowest below. I look forward to receiving your second proposal that may be lower than the dealer price’s I received. I am not interested in any dealer that will just match this price. (Note that taxes and title varied very little between dealers, so I haven’t shown this below.)

Base price including destination charge $20,045
    Dealer Add-ons $ 0
    Doc Fee $399
    Other fees $ 0
    Total Dealer Price (Before Tax/Title/License) Without Finance/Flex Cash $20,444

I ended accepting the following offer (The winning dealer threw in their $497 tint, wheel/door guard package at no charge and also had flex cash available):

MSRP + Destination $23,270 (Used for % calcs below)
    Invoice + Destination $21,369 (Used for % calcs below)

Dealer Base price including destination charge $20,045

Dealer Add-ons $0

Doc Fee $369

Other fees $0

Total Dealer Price $20,414

Total Dealer Price, Less $500 Flex $19,914

Sales Tax $1,564

Title/License $406

TOTAL OUT THE DOOR PRICE ( w/ $500 Flex Cash) $21,884.

% Off MSRP (w/o doc fee) 13.9%
    % Off MSRP (w/doc fee) 12.3%
    % Off MSRP (w/doc fee & inc. $500 flex) 14.4%

Price below Invoice w/o doc fee -$1,324
    Price below Invoice w/ doc fee -$955
    Price below Invoice w/ doc fee & inc $500 flex -$1,455
  • mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354
    Brian, I am back in the car game after taking a few month recess. Still considering buying that 2013 Accord CVT, but may wait till the 2014's come out since it does not look like the dealers are willing to sell for less than they did 4 months ago on a 2013. Just emailed New Rochelle Honda and the best internet price they came up with was 20,870 inc doc fee, excluding reg and NJ tax. That is actually 70 higher than a few months ago. And they said 500 flex cash expired. So at this time it looks like 1000 to 1500 less than invoice is an impossiblility, unless you can walk on water. I talked to the internet sales manager. And they came up with the best price a few months ago.
  • mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354
    Would you please post the name of the dealer who gave you this remarkable price on a new 2013 LX Accourd CVT. Was there any trade involved?
  • johnh21johnh21 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much Brian, I appreciate the help!
  • frisbee12frisbee12 Member Posts: 3
    Purchased at San Tan Honda, which is in the Phoenix market.

Appreciate the feedback on price, as thought it was a good price, as compared to what I had found on this and other forums. My local dealer nearby, who services my other Honda (and have spent thousands at...) would not come close to touching this deal, as they focused on providing a "fair" price, which happened to be about $1,200 more than my final purchase price at San Tan.

I think end of month purchase is the way to go - as my previous purchase in 2005 went thru Costco pricing (scheme), and I didn't fare nearly as well.
    edited July 2013
    Frisbee,
    This is why you ask dealers to meet your Price ''and not beat the lowest price."

Because Your lowest prices are not anywhere near market value pricing of
    1200 to 1800 below invoice. Never tip you hand to any dealership that you have several offers at xxx price. Dealer now knows his price range for selling the LX to you.

Never assumed that your 4 or 5 emailed price quotes are close to final negotiation numbers. Never give any dealership 4 or 5 prices that are close to beat . What is that telling the dealership. It indicates pretty much what your intent to buy is. . Selling Dealer will now counter very small. Couple of buying tips to think about for next time.

If you were buying this car 4 months ago dealers would of ate you up with your buying approach. Tweak it alittle and you will be able to get dealerships to sell at his bottom line price.

Reading in this forum on prices paid gives everybody the opportunity to see how much above and below invoice price people are paying for the different models. Use it to your advantage.. For most buyers this is how you gauge pricing and your market value.

Supply and demand play a big part in pricing along with certain area's.

If i read that in chicago, maryland and boston people are buying a certain model for xxx which is 500 /600 more than other area's guess what all my contacted dealers have to meet that price for my business. Play the game

Dealers all claim they work off the same pricing numbers. hold them to it. Challenge them for the best price for the sale that day. Counter all high doc fee charges by applying them to your asking price..

edited July 2013
    Sport honda in m.d. has a very large CRV inventory. Find your model and color and make your offer to buy . Anderson and Pohanka honda are all worth a try. Be careful with Anderson they add alot of accessories to there vehicles.

edited July 2013
    John
    Depending on your area you might not get as high as 1800 below. Figure out your high buying asking price and your bottom line buying price for all dealerships. The touring models might not be selling like the other models making for a very good deal with the right dealership. Check dealers inventory and call dealerships with alot of touring models. By Expanding your dealership search within 100 miles of your house could prove to be a bigger factor in getting your targeted price for your model.

I plan on buying my friend his honda Civic on july 30th at 6pm. i have him getting together his list of dealership within 75 miles of the New york and the Tri-state area with his model and color. On that evening we will go down the honda list make our calls and secure a purchase for our targeted price Civic.
    Preparation is the key for a faster transaction. Dealerships, names of all internet managers with numbers and emails is the plan for july 30th.

$24,283 is a good deal for an e-quote on an EX-L.

Did you move forward with that dealership?
    edited July 2013
    Mike
    your problem is your not fully understanding how the buying game works. keep on reading my post on how and when to buy. When you are ready to buy have your financing in place know your exact make and model, color. Then you buy the last 2 days, last day of the month with a target sale price for each dealership you call or visit. There is no reason to keep on asking dealership for a price. I have posted several detailed post on what price and how to get a good deal. Read them and write it on the pad with all your dealerships to contact. Next homework detail

You could call 100 dealers and will get pricing all over the map. These guys do this for a living if your not buying that moment or seem confused they will walk all over you and give you a half [non-permissible content removed] price. Why do you think the price is higher now than 4 months ago.. Your identified as a stupid buyer. Just like all the people who walk into dealerships without doing any research . So lets change that.

My suggestion to you is do not keep on posting in hear about pricing ..just read the posts.
    Make a list of the 30 nearest dealerships by your house. Call each one and ask the phone person in every place the name,number, and email of every internet manager.. when your list is complete keep on reviewing this board to see if there are dealerships in your area that people are recommending to buy. If you read about more dealerships in here call up dealership and get the internet managers info.. Next

When you are ready to buy you start to make all your calls and visit your targeted dealerships on the 2 to last day / last day of the month and not before with your targeted price to buy. when you decide what month your ready we can discuss a target price. Until then sit back and read these postings and jot down any info that may help you when your ready to buy.

I tried to by my Accord in jan for 1000 below invoice on the last 2 days.
    i could not pull the trigger so my next target date was end of Feb, were i made my deal.

If Feb did not pan out i would of bought at the end of March. but regardless i was buying in March for market price and not so much best price.

• user404user404 Member Posts: 17
    From this post I sense that you do not suggest buying at the end of July. Do you think waiting until end of August/September is better?
    Brian:

I made about 10 phone calls to dealers in Michigan and made my offer for 1300 below invoice with destination (for LX CVT, invoice plus destination = 21,369), so my offer is 21369 - 1300=20,069. However, no dealer accepts that and some even told me the lowest they can offer is 21,369. So i don't know if i should raise my offer?
  • johnnguyen714johnnguyen714 Member Posts: 46
    Hello, I am also looking for a 2013 Honda Accord Ex 4-cylinder. With the price of $24,500, I assumed that does not include interests right? My credit is good enough for a %1.9 APR for 60 months. If it does not include interest can you tell me how much you paid after interest (total cost: down payment and monthly payments?) Thank in advance.
    Did any dealer include flex cash?
    edited July 2013
    Fiona,
    Do not raise your asking price until late afternoon on july, 31. If you want to buy this month, make a deal with your best offer and closest dealer on july 31th at night time.

This is when the real Negotiation starts on the last 2 days, last day of the month . Hold your ground. You already have 10 dealerships with a target price. Late tommorrow afternoon around 5pm,either email or call back those 10 dealerships and ask if they want your business at 1300 below invoice for the sale . You might get a call from one of your target dealership with yes we can. Tell each dealership tomm you plan on buying on the 31th.

I would call a few more New dealerships tomm with your same target price to buy leaving your number and email if they wont meet your price. Do not buy unless you get your price. Buy the last day of this month Let July 30th play out all day.

Dealerships that have your make model and color will be more inclined to meet your targeted price before Aug 1, Dealers that do not have your car on there lots might not want to give you your price. Target all the dealerships that you already called with your model for same target price 1st tomm night.

If all your called dealerships will only go 1000 below invoice then make your best deal. You have recieved the best prices from your targeted area.

You have done a great job so far now try to close deal with your targeted price. I heard no mention of flex cash did you ask or know if dealers will give it to you for financing thru them. Thats another 500

On july 30th at 6pm i will help my friend buy a honda Civic. We will be calling about 40 dealerships with our target price for the sale tomm. Same rule applies if we do not get our target price we wait til july 31th and make our best deal.

Post your deal if you buy at the end of july.

Thanks Brian!

I have to admit that the negotiation is soooo intimidating for me. Every dealer kept asking how I came up with the number or if any dealer made any offer.

Just got the first call back from a dealer for an OTD of 22,200 for LX CVT, is this a good call??
    edited July 2013
    You will be getting call backs up til july 31 at night. let dealers come to you.

You buy at 1300 below invoice. plus any incentives/ rebates. Tell any dealer who asks........ you have several friends who purchased this same car for 1300 to 1500 below invoice these past two months. . Keep the focus and negotiation on your target price that is the only thing you want to discuss with any dealer. The more you talk stupid stuff with these dealers the more likely you will mess up and he will expose you. Especially a 1st time buyer.

1300 below dealers invoice is a good buying number for the end of july. Every dealership that calls you back let each one know 1300 gets it done. Mention the names of 2 other dealerships your waiting on for the sale that day. Play there game. Pit one dealer against the next. Dealership are calling you back to feel you out. Make each one think your closing the deal within hours. Make sure you get any flex cash if its avail thru financing car. This incentive gets subtracted from your agreed sale price.

Weymouth honda, and Herb Chambers in Boston hate each other i pitted one against the other to make it work in my favor. Get the 3 nearest dealerships involved and let them know your waiting on them every time a different dealer calls you back.

• alpha123alpha123 Member Posts: 15
    Hey Brian, first time poster. Been doing lots of research and following your advice.

My main question is around the "true invoice" you're referring to? I see the invoice on TruCar and Intellichoice and for example, I'm using $23,247 as the invoice for a 2013 Accord EX CVT. I'm in the Chicago suburbs. So far I've received "internet sale pricing" from several dealers in the $23,600-23,900 and $25-25,600 OTD with cash.

How can I tell if I'm getting $1000-1500 below invoice? Thanks in advance for all the great insights you're providing here.
    edited July 2013
    Go to Edmunds home page click on new cars then find your model go to pricing and you will see every models msrp and invoice price.

Take your models invoice price and add the $790 dest/charge to it. Minus your target price number. Now you have a starting point for negotiations. Take dealerships high doc fee charge into consideration when calculating your target price to buy.

edited July 2013
    Sorry i missed your post. I think july is a good month to buy. At worst case a smart car buyer could by a accord for 1k below invoice price. Thats not a knock out price but a good deal for a great vehicle in july. Waiting like you said another few months would net you a better deal on a 2013 but are you getting the model/ color you want. You have to way all the factors. One other problem is some of these smaller dealerships with limited 2013 stock Accords are known to add more accessories to that model to make more money off your deal. Just something to think about.

• texashonda1texashonda1 Member Posts: 4
    The out the door price was 27,019. I would have to add the items I wanted and also traveled to aprox 3 hours. The Killeen dealer came down on the price to 27,785 with the trunk liner, wheel locks, tinting, mud flaps. Haven't bought the car yet. No other area dealers were willing to come down. The dealer in San Marcos gave me a 28, 698 out the door with no extras. Round Rock was 28,626.
  • jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    These damn CenTex dealers are just awful.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Brian,

I am pricing EX manual which are really hard to find. Which brings me to another question, one of the dealers in my area has 4 of them (EX manual), where as others none (6 EX manual in 50 mi radius). This is according to cars.com, so why would dealer keep so many in inventory and can I use this to my advantage? Also another dealers offers to special order one, should I give deposit? I rather not.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the newbie info. Good new is the edmunds invoice is the same as trucar and intellichoice, so I've been going off the right price.

My plan:

Now that I know what vehicle, color combo I want (black/black), I going to call each dealership starting tomorrow and target $24,600.

Invoice: 23247+790 for destination = 24037
    Tax: 1685
    Title, plates, doc: 400
    Discount (my target below invoice): 1500
    Total cash OTD: 24622

If I can get OTD with 25000 and maybe they include some extras I think I will be good.

What do you think? Am I thinking about this correctly? Is this a good deal?
    Now that I know what vehicle, color combo I want (black/black), I going to call each dealership starting tomorrow and target $24,600.

Invoice: 23247+790 for destination = 24037
    Tax: 1685
    Title, plates, doc: 400
    Discount (my target below invoice): 1500
    Total cash OTD: 24622

If I can get OTD with 25000 and maybe they include some extras I think I will be good.

What do you think? Am I thinking about this correctly? Is this a good deal?
  • suri_vsuri_v Member Posts: 7
    Hi guys ..

I came to know about this site a few days ago from my friend as I was mulling to buy a new car and have been hooked to it ever since. Thanks a lot for the amazing insight on the car sales process. I hope I can get some help as well.

I have asked for some online price quotes for 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6. Some of them replied with the simple MSRP numbers asking me to call. I havent yet but i went down to a dealership today and got the following numbers. Lemme know if they are alright.

Price: 27k (includes destination & handling)
    Doc fee & DMV: 360 + 400
    Sales tax: 7% NJ

Comes to a total of 29650. No other bonuses offered. I am graduating in Dec but the honda site says we should graduate in the next four months to be eligible for the 500$ rebate

Can you please comment on these numbers and if I shud counter with something?

Thanks
  • oocyndeeoooocyndeeoo Member Posts: 3
    Zazi,

Can you tell me if the interior of the EX seats is the same material as the sports accord?
    The dealer with 4 or 6 on his lot is where you will get your best deal. Start today with a target price and hold out til tomm. If dealer wont come down in price make your best deal on the 31st. You have to hope the dealership with your model falls short of his sales for the month otherwise 800 below invoice might be the best you could do.

I have a 10 am, tee time today . i'll be back in this forum tonight if you have anymore questions. I will be buying tonight also good luck with your model.

Brian

edited July 2013
    Doc fees seem high, usually they are around $300 in NJ, but in NY they are capped at $75, so decide where you want to buy. DMV is around $320 ($80 x 4) if you were to register yourself. You should call around and ask other dealers what their fees are, if only to know if you are being had by current dealer.
    This is exactly how you approach buying any vehicle. Any dealerships internet manager that wants your business today but says you need to come down to dealership most likely will pan out. You never trust any salesman on the phone telling you this. My last post applies to you also.. Hold out for the 1500 below price if you do not get it today you wait til late tomm to make your best deal. Today and tomm is when the real negotiation process starts. Who is going to blink first. Make sure its the dealerships you contacted.

Apply what you guys have been reading It works. You have the dealers full attention today and tomm. for the sale.. Whether you buy on the phone/ internet, or visit dealerships this is how you play the buying game to your advantage.

If you are going to call 10 /20 dealerships start your calls in the late part of the afternoon never in the morning. dealers that are down on sales for the month are ready to grab this sale knowing they are behind and probably will lose you if they dont close.

Thanks a lot Brian for your reply. I will see if I can get a similar deal from NY dealers. I emailed them asking for a slightly lower price than 27k. Hopefully someone will respond :)
    edited July 2013
    New York dealers are capped at 75 dollars on doc fee's. N.J. doc range from 249 to 500 dollars so be carefully what dealer you buy from. Your target price to buy has to compensate dealers doc fee's in New jersey.

New Rochelle
    Yonkers
    Friendly
    Bayridge honda at times will deal at the end of the month. but be careful

Just a few where you might find a good deal today or tomm.

edited July 2013
    Here is some info that might help.

First of all, the MSRP on the EX-L V6 is $30,860 (including destination). The invoice price (from Truecar.com) is $28,292 (including destination). The sales price of $27k that you were quoted is $1,292 below invoice. That is not a bad deal for an e-quote, but you could do better than that if you deal directly with the internet sales manager or a sales manager by using some of brian125's negotiation techniques.

Did you ask for Honda Flex cash, which is normally a $500 discount on top of your sales price, if you finance through Honda Financial Services? Some dealers will not volunteer that information.

Good luck with your car search.
    edited July 2013
    Is anyone buying an EX-L wo/nav at the end of this month? Could you list some of the deals you are getting such as sales price, flex cash, etc...

Could you also briefly mention your experience dealing with internet sales managers or sales managers, with regards to whether they wanted to negotiate and meet your sales price.

I think I am going to wait till Labor day weekend to try and make a deal on a 2013 model.

Brian125, I have been reading all your posts since I joined this forum less than a month ago. They have been very informative and I have learned a lot, especially how to negotiate with dealers.

Keep the advice coming :)
    I was always curious why such a big gap between doc fees between NY and NJ for example? Is it just bloated numbers? Why NY caps doc fee at $75?
    Hi Blue ..

I got that number after talking to the sales manager. The internet quote was 27k + handling. So he waived off the handling .. I said I will sleep over it and let you know tomorrow (this happened yesterday).

I asked him about flex, but he said i will not qualify for HFS loan because of short credit history (2.5 yrs).
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    NY realizes its a completely BS fee that is made to rip off consumers (in CT where I live, doc fees aren't capped). Like Brian says, it shouldn't matter what the dealership's doc fee is. Present your OUT THE DOOR offer that you want to pay. If the dealership has a $250 doc fee, then just deduct that $250 from your selling price so the out the door price you pay is the same.

Brian, when making an out the door offer do you deduct the flex cash rebate after sales tax?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

edited July 2013
    Suri V,

Call other dealerships in your area and tell them you are ready to buy today at your target price. Since the $500 flex cash might be out of the question for you, then you might have to adjust the price. What have other dealerships said about Flex cash?

If the initial sales quote of $27k did not include the destination fee of $790, then I stand corrected. That is not a good deal at all. Keep working the phones to get the best deal you want today and tomorrow.

Read some of the other recommendations from previous posts on this forum on how to negotiate.
    You rock, Brian. Great advice and most of all what we all want and need. Reassurance we're getting the best value for our hard earned money. Hope your round of golf went well.

I will keep you posted on my experience as I look to close the deal today and tomorrow.