Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Invoice on an Accord EX automatic is around 24k so your on the road (out the door?) should be achieveable, depending on your sales tax and DMV rates. It's easier to compare the dealers' net selling price (incl destination and any dealer doc fee) without the taxes, etc because the government type fees are usually fixed and there is little to nothing you can do to change them.

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35
    Huskerfan5, I completely understand it is a long shot but the $100 made on my deal would benefit the dealer (potentially) if they needed my deal to make their monthly number for some better bonus or whatever the manufacturer had to offer. That is my only logic here and from the posts so far it confirms the long shot nature of my proposed offer to a dealer.

I'm still doing my homework and plan to start shopping hard next week and see as I get closer to the end of the month if I can work something out.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited August 2013
    BethPA,

2- Civic's and 1- Accord. This is a perfect sale for one of the higher volume dealerships they will offer a lower price where as the little dealer may give you a good deal depending on there sales/ leased numbers for the month.

The selling dealer would be making his money on the three vehicles being financed, and how close to invoice he can sell them to you.

I would try to negotiate dealers doc fee's if there high to being reduced for your business on a possible 3 car deal.

Your best approach to this deal is knowing the leased numbers on the Civic. Money factor/ residual/cap cost and miles per yr.

Targeting price 1200 to 1800 below invoice price on the Civic with the right leased numbers applied.

Accord at 1200 to 1800 below invoice price for the sale.

This should be your frame of mind on pricing and buying.

I'm not sure how much this may matter but Honda's 3rd Quarter Sales ends in Sept, this could help with pricing at the end of month especially with smaller dealerships.

The more dealerships you get involved by Call/ Email the better chance you have to getting your targeted price.

Good luck....... you should do good this time of the year.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Thanks Brian125 for the info. What I have seen on the lease of the Civic's is $1999 down excluding the 1st month and doc fees etc. That deal has the MRSP at $19755 and a residual of $12055.55 for 36 months. I would rather stay at a lower term and have seen 27 month terms at $89 with $2995 down. But I have not yet done my homework on the residual, etc. My thinking is I will have the two Civics bought my college kids who will be out of school in 24 months and have a decent car at around $12k residual. The 27 month deal works better for my kids time table.

I guess it is time to get the homework started:)
    edited August 2013
    Your a good mom. Have the guys in the lease forum break down that deal for you with the correct numbers on the lease. I'm sure Huskerfan5 who replied to your post would be happy to give you the correct info and some great insight on leasing and what not to do.

last point and i dont know the answer on this... Flex cash incentive for financing tru honda. Honda may only give you a 1 time offer of 500 flex regardless of how many vehicles your purchasing. If not you need to call as many dealerships that your willing to travel to and make your deal with those dealers that will give you 1500 flex for all 3 cars. Call honda to find out.

Another thought is being your paying loans off anyway see if you could put both your kids names on each lease as a co - borrower making it separate sales and getting the full benefit of the flex cash.

Thanks again for the info. By the way, I'm a good dad but will be their mom if that gets me a better deal for their cars:)

I have started emailing some dealers so we'll see what comes back. I'll certainly post what I learn.
    edited August 2013
    I meant your wife is a good cook....LOL.. Please post the asnwer to the flex cash on 3 vehicles when you find out..

I should of put the beth and P.A. together.

Good luck

Hey you must know her, she is a great cook:) Thanks for the help.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    It all boils down to does the deal make sense?

You can buy one car or ten cars,, if the deal makes sense you'll drive home in a new car or three new cars.

They won't lose money on the Accord if they are making next to nothing on the Civics.
    A question for you.

I've been out of the business for a couple of years but knowing what I know your deal doesn't seem remotely possible.

Why an EXL Accord? Do you really "need" an EXL or could you settle for what is now a well equipped LX? That could possible work...maybe.
    For Bethpa - I see what Isell is getting at - you can probably jump into an LX for 5-6k less than an EXL. I have not pulled the trigger on one of these yet, but when I visited a dealer for a close look, I was really surprised with what they did with the LX. It's got many standard bells and whistles now that weren't there before unless you sprung for an EXL (alloys, Bluetooth, steering wheel audio, 4 wheel disc, and more). Just something to think about.

Bill G
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    bethpa, stop thinking about getting an EX-L, not because you should be thinking LX since you appear to be financially sound, but because you need to concentrate on getting a good deal on the Civics.
    If you got the Civics at the low end of Brian’s range of $1,200 - $1,800 under invoice and applied the current residual and money factors, the lease payment including the $595 lease inception fee would be $174. At the high end, $157.
    Your deal requires $2995 down. For a 27 month lease, every $1000 decrease in the capitalized cost of the car increases the payment by about $38, so your lease would be $203. I’m also inclined to believe that if you looked at the dealer’s ad, the $2995 is considered a cap cost reduction and makes no mention of the lease inception fee being included so if you put that into the lease, it would now be $225.
    If you go to the Honda website, they have an advertised deal of zero due at signing and then 35 payments of $210. The lease inception fee is included. They also say that the cap cost of the car is $19,194 so when you deduct the $595 fee, the selling price is actually $18,599 which is $176 over invoice. Not a good deal but better than yours. In fact, dealers love people going for the nationally advertised deal since there is always a large profit margin in them, thought they will complain to you that they hate these deals but are forced to do them.
    Also, never put money down on a lease. If the car is totaled or stolen, you lose everything you paid at signing. I recommend you put everything into the lease including doc fee and title/registration and asking for 36 equal monthly payments. The check you give them when you pick up the car should be the same amount as your monthly payment.
    Incidentally, if you go to the Weymouth Honda website’s lease calculator, you’ll find that their Civic lease is for around $1,000 under invoice, so if you don’t like to negotiate, take the kids to Boston :) .
    Funny thing is one of my kids did see the Weymouth dealer site and it looks like they are one of the best for pricing I have seen. We're in eastern PA so depending on what happens with my dealers I've contacted I might just work something out with them.

For the record, 4 dealers were contacted and none have replied back in almost 24 hours. I find that hard to believe but I guess selling cars these days must be very good.
  • rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    I received an email from a dealership on in the DC area for an EX-L NAVI for $25883 not including tax. I am in Seattle, where the prices are atleast $3000 more. But before I start booking a ticket to head to the DC area, I wanted to check if there are any other areas in the country offering good deals on the EXL-NAVI based on y our experiences.
    thank you.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    Prices are cheap in DC compared to MA. I am in the market for an EX-L without nav.

Was there any Flex cash included?
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    edited August 2013
    If you decide to get pricing from Weymouth honda contact Herb Chambers honda also up in M.A. These two dealerships dont like each other. Reference that you are dealing with them also for pricing.

Pricing in M.D is very aggressive with some of the best prices in the country on Accords, CRV, and Civic. Here are just a few to contact with getting your targeted price on the lease.

Criswell
    Sport
    Anderson
    Pohanka. great prices has been killing the other honda dealerships in pricing.dealership had flex cash last month.

Ourisman

One of these dealers in M.D. will lease you a 2013 Civic on the low end of 1000 below invoice matching Weymouth starting ad offer pricing.

I would send out emails and make your calls letting these dealerships know you are buying/Leasing at the end of Aug. here is what i am looking for .. You could quietly negotiate thru this month with dealers making a good deal at the end. Beginning and middle of the month buying is a waste of time. I would reccomend you start your buying process the last week of the month and making your best deal the on the very last days in Aug.

edited August 2013
    If your going to fly across the country the selling dealership needs to fax to you the .....Buyers order...bill of sale. Once you both sign it you then hold vehicle with a credit card deposit til you get there.

Do not attempt to go there first without buying vehicle via phone and fax

Is it really worth going thru all that . Thats even alittle to extreme for me and i'm a nut job when it comes to getting good pricing.

In your case i would consider a 8 to 10 hour bus or car ride round trip in your area with a dealership giving you the best price .

Re-Check your prices and model i doubt highly a 3000 dollar difference in your area to D.C.. Up to 1k might be more likely

• kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    I took a train to NOVA purchase the first Hyundai Sonata Hybrid sedan sold in Virginia in late April, 2011. Not very expensive.
  • vservser Member Posts: 48
    Was interested in an accord. I don't think they make a car with the options that I want. Resident experts, please lmk.

Looking for white with black leather, navigation and satellite radio. Seems like the sport has white with leather but without xm radio. The push button start is also nice to have. Thx in advance.
    edited August 2013
    Welcome - you should be able to research all the option and pricing info you need by navigating to the new car section on this site and going to the 2013 Honda Accord.

Bill G
  • buyer157buyer157 Member Posts: 40
    the EX-L with Nav is the closest to what you are looking for. I have the sport which comes with some standard features the EXL doesn't (and love the vehicle) but the sport does not come with leather or push button start.

They all share the same engine and transmission - car is fantastic. No buyers remorse on my part. Don't think you will be disapointed.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Criswell, Sport, and Pohanka can offer great pricing. Best to check with all three as pricing can fluctuate. Beware of the F&I at Criswell. They can be OK but best to be alert. Really, that is true for any dealer.

IMHO best to avoid Ourisman and College Park Honda. Too many games. On my last four buys I tried them but found the hoops the presented too annoying. I found better deals without the hoops elsewhere.
    Hi. Thx. I'm choosing between the Fusion and Accord. I don't buy cars that often and now I remember the frustration on having to piece together all these options that I want. I've never had leather and think I want it. I love the white exterior, but the exl only comes with beige leather. I would think as you went up, there'd be an "everything" option. Sometimes other locations have different color combos. I'm in nj.
    What's your budget?
    Budget is flexible. Haven't had a new car in 12 years. I'm due. So about 30k if need be.
    You might consider aftermarket leather - sometimes better than what comes with the car.
  • johnnguyen714johnnguyen714 Member Posts: 46
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the price range for a factory installed security alarm for a 2013 Honda Accord? And it is true that you can only deal with the finance department of the dealer for the deal on the security alarm? I emailed the salesman that I was buying from and he told me to discuss the pricing of the security alarm when I am in the finance department. He told me he has no authority over that price.
    edited August 2013
    John - you should be able to discuss pricing on that before going into finance if they really want to sell you the car. Are you dealing with the Internet sales folks? Go to the next level if you have to. You are making a 20k plus purchase - they should provide the info you need to make a decision. Have you agreed to pricing on the car yet?

Bill G

Also, brian125 is knowledgeable in pricing on aftermarket alarms - he can probably help.
    Yes me and the internet salesman agreed on the price. $24,800 for a 2013 Honda Accord EX sedan. Some people were reporting getting $24,500 in my location, but I feel like that price is fair enough for me. After we agreed on the price he said to discuss the alarm when I am in the finance department which seems weird to me.
    edited August 2013
    College park honda's Internet manager was not in that day so they put me thru with one of there All-star salesman who proceeded to tell me that if i drive down to M.d from New york he will then tell his manager when i arrive " This is the guy from new york" give him a good price. He could not answer one of my questions except come down.

You just cant make this stuff up. Are people this stupid that this kid would say something like this and believe i would drive 4 hours without a signed bill of sale.

The Internet mgr did give me a price quote in the range of the competition. College park honda is well aware of who is selling in maryland. You have to catch them on the right time for a sale and bring it to there attention.

edited August 2013
    Alarm pricing has a wide range of pricing. A basic alarm with red and white wiring that makes noise is very inexpensive and useless dont bother. Dealer installed alarms like lo- jack are good systems with a gps recovery system.

These other alarms i listed below are a better choice with maximum Security features like No tow, Gps tracking, Remote start, Engine immobilzers, Gas cut off valves, motion detection warning sent to your phone and computer. Read up on them and see what features you want and need then try to make a deal with a honda dealer with a similar alarm.

Viper........................5902......... Buy at Amazon under $400
    phython....................911
    Lo-jack..................... 600/700 to install. extra $ for early warning if car is moved.

Cliford.......................5702
    Avital

Any alarm can be dis-abled . The newer alarm systems are very time consuming to shut down and steal. Alarms that have all of the above plus a gas cutoff, with a back up battery system are monster alarms.

edited August 2013
    Which would you recommend if you were buying one for yourself? I am not that familiar to with alarm so any input would be nice. Also, I have heard if you get an alarm installed from outside the dealer it would void the warranty? The viper 5902 is not sold at best buy anymore so I don't think I can get that. They do have the Viper LC3 for $640. My main concern is the warranty. Would getting it at an authorized dealer be a better option if I go with the aftermarket route? Getting a car for other people is hard. This is probably the last time I am doing this for someone else.

Edit: after reading more, I probably will just go with the lo-jack to save myself the time and headache dealing with warranty if there is a problem later on.
    edited August 2013
    Viper with gas cut off would be my choice. Buying a dealer installed alarm with today's tech/ features in cars would be less of a headache if something went wrong as far as warranty wise. dealer bought alarm is probably your best coarse of action. Alarms with such features as mentioned are great deterrents and good alarms.

If you go with either Viper or Python they are neck and neck. The major factor is your installer.

• suri_vsuri_v Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    Hi guys ..

Sorry for the delay in updates.

Here is the thing .. I have had numerous phone calls from dealers all over NJ and NY and a couple from CT and MA. The best deal out of all those was around the same.
    $27.3k (base price + destination + doc fee)
    + 7% NJ tax
    + $400 NJ registration + other tire crap

I visited 3 of the dealerships personally. One guy who agreed for a price didnt actually give it to me the next day because his boss wouldnt approve. The other two were not willing to negotiate at all after punching the numbers in the calculators :P

So I figured this is the best deal I could get and pulled the trigger. Maybe I can squeeze in a couple hundred more if I waited .. but I on that day I think thats the best possible price any dealer is willing to give it in and around NJ area.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions and a special thanks to Brian and Blue. It helped me immensely in buying my Still Night Pearl Accord EX-L V6 Coupe. I absolutely love the car :)

~Suresh

Edmunds Invoice price: $28,547
    My price: $27k
    I can't understand why anyone would want a security system in the first place?

The EX's and above come with a factory system, right?

The key immoblizer makes the car very difficult to steal.

And, I would never buy an aftermarket system. As they age, they tend to cause trouble and false alarm. They won't affect your warranty UNLESS a careless installation (very common) has caused trouble.

As I understand things, Lo-Jack is becoming obsolete in some areas.

Lastly, if my car ever gets stolen, I don't want it back. This is what insurance is for.
    edited August 2013
    The key immoblizer is just one great deterrent. You would need to know your wiring to jump/bypass and steal. Very time consuming to un-do. If your Accord gets stolen your doors ,airbags, and most of your motor parts etc , will be chopped up and sold to the underworld. Unless its kids who are inexperienced you now have alot of damage to your vehicle . A pro steals your vehicle if he cant he leaves with minimal damage due to the break in.

Pro's that steal cars for a living would have no trouble getting around One deterrent but 4 or 5 additional ones would be harder and alot of times they walk away due to the time factor/ getting caught.

I agree with you....... if you steal my Accord i dont want it back.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,603
    Has anyone heard if the flex cash offer is still happening in August?

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

You need to call dealerships and ask in your area. Not all have to give.

To be honest, if it was my car I would not buy an alarm. I do agree, if it gets stolen I rather not have it back with a salvage title, and who knows what they did with the car. I rather just get the insurance money and buy a brand new one. But my uncle asked for one. I am not sure if the EX models come with a standard alarm? If it does come with an alarm that just makes noise, I might just tell him it is good enough. I tired looking online and some reported that it does come with a security alarm that will make sound if it is hit, get impacted, or window smash. I'll tell him and let him decide, but to me that is good enough. If anyone knows for sure, please tell me.
  • tifosiantifosian Member Posts: 6
    Congrats !! .. in which dealership did u finalize the deal.
  • vkamalarvkamalar Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Just bought a Accord EXL Basque Red for 25,500 from Boch Honda West. This includes $500 flex cash.

Vinod
  • cardionpcardionp Member Posts: 21
    Is that v6? What other fees did you pay? Have you any complaints re: road noise?
    Is $24,800 the sale price or OTD price?

MSRP on the EX sedan is $26,195 and the invoice price is $24,037.
    Was the final sale price $25,500 - $500 (Flex cash) = $25,000?

Were there any negotiations in price?
    John

All honda models have the same basic Alarm. If you try to steal it without the proper equipment the engine will not start. If you break the window there are no sirens. If you then open the door the horn beeps.

Tell your uncle that whats in his Accord is good enough. Some dealerships may install the viper alarm for you. This would help down the road if there is a malfunction in the installation. Installing these alarms do not void the warranty.

Suresh, nice job on finding your sale at over 1500 below invoice.

It is the out the door price in Socal (Orange County). The dealer's name is Norm Reeves Honda Superstore in Cerritos. I did not finalized it yet. My uncle is busy so hes buying it this weekend. Will update if the dealer tries to play games or change his mind.
    edited August 2013
    Oh, they WILL void the warranty if the installation was butchered as they sometimes are.

The idea of some 18 year old "mechanic" cutting into my factory wiring harness to install an aftermarket alarm isn't something I want to do.

When I was in the business. trades often came in with aftermarket alarm systems. The second time they false alarmed on our lot, we clipped the wires.

As they age, the problems and false alarms increase.

EDIT: An aftermarket alarm won't void the entire warranty but if there is an electrical problem that was caused by the alarm installation it could void that part of the warranty.
    edited August 2013
    Ok. Thank you so much and Isellhonda too for the inputs and help. I'll tell him what you told me and maybe ask the dealer when I am there if they are willing to install the viper alarm for him if he wants it. Thanks again
  • vkamalarvkamalar Member Posts: 4
    No, it was a V4. No complaints.