Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just bought my Honda accord 2013 sport
    4dr automatic last Sunday for $21300 including
    Destination charge at Spreen Honda in Linda Loma, CA
    You need to confirm pricing over email or txt
    Message before driving over there.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    Congratulations on your new accord Ricky - the Sport is a sharp looking vehicle. I know there probably aren't too many of these left which makes it a little harder to get a good price but it sounds like you did fine. Is the warranty Hondacare?

Isn't it funny that when you're going through this process, how quickly the good dealers rise to the top and the bad ones expose themselves.

Enjoy that accord - it will give you many years of dependable service.

Semper Fi

Bill
  • Are the dealer fees(699) included in the 25k number?
  • Flex Cash is a Honda Incentive. It is $500 added to your down payment if you finance through Honda. Not all dealerships have it and it can run out, but from personal experience some dealerships are not upfront about this offer. Dealerships don't have an unlimited supply so some are picking and choosing who to give it to. They like to maybe throw it in at the end to seal the deal even though it is money not from the dealer's pocket.

Just as if the have the $500 flex cash incentive. There are other incentives for college grad and military service as well.

I'd suggest you get internet prices from 4-6 dealers to see who is willing to deal. Sounds like you landed on one that is trying to take advantage of you. Invoice on a 2013 is not acceptable at this stage of the game and you can tell them that. If they ask what you are looking for, start with your 2K under invoice and see what they come back with. and under invoice includes destination. don't let them tack that on later.
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 886
    > Invoice on a 2013 is not acceptable at this stage of the game<

Most news agencies are reporting that dealerships are experiencing shortages of popular models like the Honda Accord right now. There may be few, if any, 2013s on lots and actually not enough 2014s at this point to meet demand.
    http://business.time.com/2013/09/13/automakers-dont-have-enough-cars-to-keep-up-- with-buyers/
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Posts: 242
    edited September 2013
    bigdaddy930,

"I see many post here saying you can get a price for $2k less than dealer invoice."

Below invoice pricing varies by location supply and demand, negotiation skills, time of the month/year you are buying, and whether the dealership is trying to meet their sales numbers.

Dealerships in Maryland had some of the best pricing on the 2013 Accord. Some forum contributors reported pricing of up to $1700 below invoice without any incentives.

I purchased a 2013 EX-L for $1400 below invoice plus $500 Flex cash (Total of $1900 below invoice) a couple of weeks ago in the Boston area. It took me two months of researching, reading posts on this forum, and reaching out to dealerships, etc... I could have saved an additional $100 if I had gone with another dealership and chosen a different color.

Here is some advice on how to get the best deal:

1. Read some of the previous posts on how to negotiate and deal with internet sales managers.
    2. Read up about pricing in the NYC area.
    3. Be prepared to negotiate for the best deal.
    4. I would suggest not waiting till the end of the month to contact dealers, since 2013 models are getting harder to find on dealer lots.
    5. Have you thought about a 2014 model? You might be able to strike a better deal.
    6. As far as target price, it is hard to say but you should be getting close to $1500 below invoice at this time of the year on the 2013 models. You need to be a little more aggressive and tell dealerships that you will buy today for $XXX below invoice with no add-ons. Put the ball in their court. Do not let dealerships play games with you.
    7. Make sure you are aware of all dealer doc fees, etc...
    8. Cars12345 talked about Flex cash and gave some tips on how to reach out to dealers who still have it. Ask all dealerships whether they have flex cash available.
    9. If you are a recent grad or were in the military, there are additional incentives for financing through Honda.
    10. Know what your credit score is so that you can qualify for the 0.9% or 1.9% APR rates if you choose to finance through Honda.

At the end of the day, if you walk into a dealership and the salesperson or staff start to play games (bait and switch), do not even waste your time and walk out and visit the next dealership. I have done that a couple of times, and I have no regrets.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
  • gotojanoogotojanoo Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    What will be the best lowest OTD price for 2013 accord sport? I was offered 24700 OTD and that is the lowest I got.Base model no addons. I am first time with Honda so real confused.Sport looks awesome and LX is okay. Decision.I am in Los angeles county. Is it worth to upgrade EX instead of sport. I guess only difference is lane assistant and auto on off .
  • I suggest you make one more appointment with the internet manager from Autonation and do what I did in 1978 when I bought my first new car.
    I had visited a Buick dealer to test drive the newly designed Regal but the salesman told me I had to schedule an appointment to test drive. He obviously wasn&#146;t taking me seriously.
    I went back the following day and he was finishing up with a customer. When the customer leaves, he gets up and begins to walk towards me when a couple walks in and tells him they are interested in a car. He tells me to wait until he finishes with them. I said something to the effect that I have an appointment but he tells me to be patient. Guess I was stunned because I foolishly waited a few minutes before I left.
    I bought the car at another dealer later that week. I brought it home in a snow storm and spent the weekend sitting in the car in my garage, admiring my new car and thinking about my experience with that salesman.
    That week, I made another appointment with that salesman. I re-taped the window sticker and parked the car in front of the showroom. Went inside, talked to the salesman, told him the options I wanted and he gave me a price at MSRP. I just smiled and told him I saw a car out front that looked nice. He said that we should take a look and when he saw the car he saw the car, he had a puzzled look like he didn&#146;t recall noticing it before. As he went to take a look at the license plate, I opened the door and drove away.
  • Sale price: 26,085
    Doc fee + Title + Reg: 448
    Tax: 6.25%
  • Thanks cars12345! I have already picked the car 2 days back :)

It's Herb Chambers.
    Prime's best deal was couple of hundred below the invoice price.

Good luck with your remaining things.
  • Thanks for the information. Can you give me an overview of the warranty - there seems to be different options, not sure how all this works. Thanks for your help!
  • sparkndutchsparkndutch Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    gotojanoo,

I'm upgrading from a 1998 Honda Civic LX, I have no leather or sunroof on it. Let me tell you the Sport trim is everything I need. I was looking at EX but I felt in love Witt the 18 in wheels, deck lip spoiler, dual exhaust, and the interior has a sporty red lighting inside in the Sport. My personal opinion is Sport is wonderful and didn't need anything else, (I'm 25, us youngsters wants all the bell and whistles but this is perfect!)

OTD was like a few hundred dollars less, don't have the paper work on me, try to get it at least $250 lower with 1 or 2 accessories thrown in for free or 50% off.

Since your in LA County would you be able to call the Internet manger and stop by? His name is Chris S, Galpin Honda in Van Nuys, he will work with you to get the best price, please tell him (Enrique 'Ricky' the Marine sent you) haha
  • To accord2013elx,

Just to confirm - This is your cost for the 2014 ELX sedan?

Sale price: 26,085
    Doc fee + Title + Reg: 448
    Tax: 6.25%

What dealer and what state? Need some advice for Florida. Thanks!
    That's a funny story! You're one devious dude huskerfan. I only wish you could've had an audience there to give you a round of applause. I can just picture him standing there thinking "what the bleep just happened?"

Bill
  • fxguyfxguy Posts: 132
    That's about $570 below invoice. Not bad at this stage of the game. Enjoy your ride. Thanks for the details.
  • Hello Sir,

I'm not sure if its HondaCare, I just remember the 3year/36,000 basic warranty is now 7years/100,000 and the 5yr powertrain is also up 7years/100,000.

Yes I learned first hand but I'm happy to own the Accord, just spent the last hour sitting inside my car and I figured everything out now haha. Which Accord do you have?

Semper Fi

Ricky
  • Way to go with Herb Chambers! Glad it worked out!
    Hey Ricky - you deserve to sit in that thing and savor that new car smell - you earned it. Our family has had a number of accords through the years but right now I've got a 2011 Civic EX. I'm considering upgrading to another Accord within the next 6 months or so. I was leaning toward the LX but now you've got me thinking about a Sport - they are really nice.

As far as maintenance, do the regular oil changes, drain and refill the tranny fluid every 15k miles , and change the cabin filter and engine air filter every 12-15k miles and your car will take good care of you. If you like to do your own work, there are many videos on you tube to help out. The filters are especially easy to change on your own - dealers way overcharge to do it.

Have fun with that new ride!

Bill
  • My best number so far is from a dealer in metro ATL:

Invoice: $28,269

Their price: $27,549 (includes destination) plus $300 doc fee = $27,849. Plus tax and title.

$420 below invoice looks to be the basement in this area. Probably pull the trigger this weekend.