Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I got the msm and it is beautiful. Looks great with black leather. Next slightly tinted windows. I'm really liking this car.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    edited October 2013
    Capegirl - no dealer is going to commit to a trade in value without physically appraising your trade in vehicle. Recommend going to Carmax for an appraisal if you have one close to you. You can also touch base with used car managers at dealers who sell the brand of your trade in to get it appraised - if it's clean, they might buy it. Doing these things along with kbb and edmunds figures will provide you some ammo that will lessen your stress when negotiating with the dealer you are trying to buy your new vehicle from.

Bill G
  • hps25hps25 Posts: 9
    Can you please give dealer name, and detail about the price you pay..
    Base Price, Tax, Doc fee and tax ??
    I am also in LA and looking such kind of good deal for EX-L 2014

Thanks in advance ..
  • Hello again,

Got 3 dealerships competing against each other, the lowest I got for the 2014 EX is $23,700 with dest. Included. That's about $800 below invoice price of $24,498 right? they say I can't get the 1.9% rate on the 2014 model? =/ I'm still waiting for the other dealership to accept my offer for the 2013 EX but it'll probably get sold over this weekend... what rate did you guys get when you bought the 2014 assuming you have excellent credit? My friend suggested that try the banks to see who give me the lowest APR first before trying the dealership.. any advice?
    2 - the 23.7 price is probably as good as you can expect on a 2014 at this point. As far as financing, do you have access to a credit union? Some folks on this forum have reported having good luck with PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union). Right now they offer 1.99% on a 60 month loan. Google them and see if you can join - the loan process can be done on line.

Bill G
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 317
    I can certainly respect the perspective of the salesperson. After all they are there to earn a living. When I visit a car lot or any sales place and know I am just looking, I offer that up immediately, explain to the salesperson I don't want to waste their time, ask for their name and/or card and let them know I will ask for them if I want to take it further. And, yes, I do ask for them and have purchased. I try to be a considerate shopper.

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX

• Bought at Airport Marina Honda

2014 Accord EX-L 4 cylinder
    Champagne Frost Exterior
    Ivory interior

Base Price: $26,690 ($40 over invoice)
    Mud guards: $100 installed
    Tax: $2,418
    Doc Fees: $80
    Regis License Tires : $311.75
    OTD: $29,600

They did not have the color we wanted so they sent someone to Irvine (55 miles each way) and picked up the car.

We went to the Honda dealership on Hawthorne Blvd and were there for 2 hours, they spent half the time trying to talk us into buying a 2013. They finally gave up. They did not have the color we wanted so they searched the Southern California inventory and told us there were none in SoCal and they will have to get the car from the San Francisco area and would take time. I knew they were steering us to buy one off their lot. I knew they were lieing because the night before I checked the inventory of every dealership in SoCal and knew one dealer in Irvine had one and another dealer in Anaheim had one. When they told us there were none available in Socal we got up and left.
  • lil_owllil_owl So-CalPosts: 47
    I agree with Bill. Look into PenFed. They have excellent rates and appear to be one of the few lenders that still allow a true co-signer/guarantor (without turning them into a co-borrower and adding them onto title).
  • You may not have been lied to.
    isell, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the dealer searches a database maintained by Honda of regional inventory. What you see at the dealer's website is only as good as their last update which could have been yesterday, last week or when their clerk left for vacation.
  • I have found this forum invaluable and have used it to lease my 2006 Infiniti and buy our 2008 Honda Civic. Time moves on and now my son is in need of the forum's expertise to help buy his first new car. We are located in Atlanta area and he wants a 2014 Honda EX-L V6 Black on Black. (color is neg.) Our tax rate is 6%. In addition, I must also add a Vehicle Ad Valorem Assessment of 511.00 for that vehicle in my area.
    We are member of USAA and I understand they also have a car buying service and rates that might be attractive but I sure he would do better using you guys. What is the invoice on that V-6 car and What would be a good OTD price to offer?
    As much detail will be helpful. We are Not afraid to make a drive to get the best deal!
    Thx
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,076
    edited October 2013
    Warrior

Stick with getting your best selling price on the vehicle 1st. Your otd pricing consists of state tax, dmv fee's , dealers doc fee charge, and in your state you pay to them a Valorem tax.

Invoice w dest charge on the 2014 EXl V-6 = 28,543.

Target price should start at 500 below invoice and work up from that number back towards invoice price Making your best deal at months end.

You have very high doc fee's in your state $500 plus. When you make your initial offer to buy from each dealership you have to know each dealers doc fee charge and add them onto your asking price so its a wash on the bill of sale.

Asking price to buy at 500 below invoice with a dealership doc fee of 500 would mean your telling each dealership you will buy today for $27,543.
    Read thru past boards to get idea's on pricing and buying. Get as many dealership involved as you are willing to travel making your best deal at the end of this month. last 2 days last day if possible. Use the internet for emailing and speaking directly to each dealerships internet mgr. Do not deal with floor salesman on the phone you will waste your time. Int/ MGR or his sales team only. Dealerships that are not close to you that wont give your pricing or deal with you via email or phone remove from your buying search.

From what i broke down you could get a good ideal on your otd pricing.

AS more 2014 models sit on dealers lots pricing will decrease along with 2013 models. Folks buying a 2013 model in late Nov into Dec will see pricing as high as 2k below invoice plus. Those 2013 models will be the worst colors and models not selling. Remember do not let dealership recoup his money by loading up his remaining 2013 stock with every accessorie possible and making you pay his cost.. If you decide you want the car buy those add ons at invoice price or walk away...

You will make your best deal on a 2014 by using the tips and advice given in this forum.

You have a high volume honda dealership in AT, Georgia cant think of name.. Try google search...

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• misterscmistersc Posts: 22
    edited October 2013
    Sorry about that Bluemkn57cars :-)
    I was in the input screen and had to figure out your name by memory and too lazy to go out and come back in and did my best affectionate guess so no harm intended. Thank you for all your help to me and everyone else.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,880
    edited October 2013
    Funny, I used to work for Sears about a half mile from that store on Hawthorne.

The So. Calif marketplace is SO MISERABLE that most of the dealers won't trade with each other. He probably did a "locate" and spotted the one in Irvine and knew he couldn't get it.

A lot of stores in that area have bad blood between them and won't do each other a favor.

We had a couple of stores we wouldn't trade with either after bad experiences.

I wouldn't "lie" to a customer. I would just say..." I can't get the color you want". I sure wouldn't tell them which store had one!

Usually shoppers have some flexibility on color and have a second choice.

As I said before, the So. California market is a cutthroat dog eat dog marketplace. I know I couldn't work there.

On a side note, the owner of that store, Scott Robinson (now deceased) drove the very first model Hondas ever brought one of the very first Hondas ever brought to the U.S. to our Auto Center to show us a "Honda Car".

We walked around the puny little car slowly shaking our heads. He used to be a Pontiac Dealership. His son runs it now and they run a quality operation.
    After test driving pretty much all the cars in its class, the Accord won hands down....couldn't beat any of the contenders as far as get up and go, comfort and gadgets. Not the car I was expecting, but it is a great car :shades:

I will be fully ready to purchase around mid-November (which is practically around the corner). When would the best time to buy be? Thanksgiving weekend? Christmas? After the New Year?

Also, the bank I am most likely going through (PenFed) sends out a check after a contract is signed and sent to them and that process can take about a week. Will that still count as a sale for the dealership at the end of the month, even if they don't get the money for a week? Or does the bank's turn around time hurt my negotiations?

Thanks in advance! I have learned a bunch on this forum and really appreciate all of the input/perspectives.

PS I would consider a 2013, but I do not believe anyone really has any white left at this point.
  • hps25hps25 Posts: 9
    altwin75

Thanks for the detail info and Enjoy your New Car..
  • jplatt2jplatt2 Posts: 24
    I agree, it's a great car. Though I still plan to get the Accord, if you are objective, you have to admit that there is more available "gadgetry" available on the Fusion and Mazda6 on the upper trim levels.
  • Am strongly considering the 2014 Optima SX-T although we like the 2013 Touring
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,880
    Searching for a car on the internet by looking at a stores inventory can be a very frustrating way to find a car you are looking for.

You're correct. Even if a store is diligent about updating their inventory it's impossible to be 100% accurate. On a busy weekend a high volume store can easily sell 30 new cars or even more.

Posting new car inventory on line can be a good or a bad thing. If I owned a dealership I don't think I would do it.

Better for used cars since they are unique.
  • rihc55rihc55 Posts: 3
    Hey all,
    How does this deal seem?

99 administrative fee
    No other fees

I feel like this should be able to go lower..

Thanks for the insight!
  • Honda dealers sitting on 30+ 2013 accord LXs are giving prices higher than 2 months ago when my brother in law bought. They're holding firm at 22000 OTD for LX when it was possible to get one for 1k cheaper before.

The car is good, but is their goal to keep the 2013s into 2014? Its one thing for the price to have held, but to discount in the summer and then to hold firm at this price at this stage is something new. Am I crazy or is anyone else experiencing this around here?
    jplatt2 and stage4survivior,

Yes lots of gadgets!! Liked various aspects of both; the Fusion had some contention, but my fiancé literally couldn't see enough out of the review mirror with his height no matter where he put the seat. Seemed as though it had blind spots but the side mirrors were a plus. The Mazda6 was enjoyable, but didn't have enough for top choice. The Altima is what I have now (2003) and I was very disappointed with the new version's acceleration. I felt like I needed to rock back and forth to get it to go faster haha. The Accord had the get up and go that I'm looking for with great gas mileage ....overall best package :)

Looking forward to reading through the rest of this year's posts...so informative: full of many perspectives and success stories. I appreciate everyone's insights and strategies!
  • charles_guycharles_guy Posts: 55
    edited October 2013
    The car is good, but is their goal to keep the 2013s into 2014?

saw same thing last coupla weeks for the 2013 cr-v in the northeast US even when looking back to may-june period. 2014s already on the lots

prices were high. nice car but 2013-14 = bout same cost :(
  • I live in CA, and I am so surprised to see that a dealer still has so many 2013 LX in stock. I have emailed 10+ dealers and I only found 2 or 3 dealers that still have 2013 LX sedan. They seem to know that everyone's inventory is low, so the price for 2013 LX is only a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the 2014. I feel like the dealers are not rushing to sell the 2013 right now because the demand is still high and there is no big difference between the 2013 and 2014 model.

FYI, I am able to get a 2014 LX at $23142 OTD, and I can have $500 discount using the college grad program on top of that price.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,076
    edited October 2013
    There would be no reason to buy a 2013 model then.. You buy the 2014 model.
    If you cant get atleast and at worst case 1500 below invoice price on a 2013 model you have to buy the 2014 model. Financially and with depreciation values on the 2013 model on jan 1, 2014 would be a big mistake especially if your 2013 model is Totaled or Stolen within that 1st year.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

Elena - that's not a bad deal on a 2014 - selling price at around 20800? That's 800 below invoice (incl destination) - 1300 below if you factor in your incentive.

Bill G
  • Hi, Can you tell me where you received the $22,700.00? Which dealership? I'm ready to buy it, and that may be one of the lower prices I've seen? It's my first time doing all this, so I have no clue. This forum has been quite helpful!

Thanks!!
  • t2882t2882 Posts: 8
    Hey missjay,

The dealership for that price was at Avery Greene Honda in Concord. Its probably going to be tough at this time (beginning of month) to get them to that price because it took many emails and about 3-4 days between different dealers. Heres what i did: called about 18-20 dealerships within 50 miles of my location and asked for contact info for the internet sales mgr if there wasnt one or they didnt want to give it out i asked for the fleet mgr info.

Waited till about 28th-29th to start shooting emails, it may even be best to start emailing/calling 3rd week and tell the dealer you are ready to buy and to list their sales price including dest charge, ttl, taxes and otd pricing. I was able to weed out 14-15 dealers who either wouldnt email breakdown of pricing or would ask to come in. I pinpointed the 4-5 dealers who were either a high inventory dealership or willing to match/beat the lowest price i received.

I am going to buy end of this month and hopefully for both of us the pricing may be a little lower.

Good luck!
  • dannyk7dannyk7 Posts: 12
    edited October 2013
    2014 Honda Accord EX-L sedan 4-cyl no navigation Southern California (8% OC sales tax)

Hey guys,

I've been emailing back and forth with about 30 or so dealerships in the socal area. Prices I got ranged from 25.4k to MSRP $29,060. Average price from the dealerships would be $26,857.75.

The best price I got was from a Loma Linda dealership.

$25.4k with an OTD price of around $27.8k. Didn't come with any rebates, I asked and I won't qualify for the military vet or grad rebates. Price would be even lower if I did.

So I emailed the other dealerships to see if they could beat it.

Most, well all so far, said they can't and that I should buy it at that price. Some said to be careful and watch out for other fees and stuff. Still waiting on other replies.

The ones that did reply were mostly straight forward saying that they can't.

A few wanted the name of the dealership that offered that price.

Should I give the name of the best priced dealership out to other dealerships? Would it be okay? Does it matter?

The forums helped out a lot, and I have been reading them for a year or so.

Thanks mucho!
  • Just picked up a 2013 Accord EX today!!! for 22,031
    Price of vehicle - $22531
    Moonroof Visor - $158
    Sales Tax - $1361
    Tire Tax $5
    Registration - $63.50
    Doc. Fee - $131
    Reg. Fee - $15.60
    Flex Cash ($500)

Total Price - $23763.62