Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    nedlyjnedlyj Member Posts: 89
    David,

The 7500 and 22.5K service is basically nothing more than an oil change and a tire rotation - which shouldn't cost more than about $30-40. The 15K service is a little more involved, but not too much - I don't remember it being quoted as more than about $100 (although I could be wrong on that one).

-n
  • Options
    one30catone30cat Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a 04' Honda Accord EX-V6 for 24,500 out the door. Test drove both the V6 and the 4-cylinder, big difference with the TCS. I love the dual climate control and the XM radio. I was planning to install a sound system. Found out there is no need. The sound system is unbelievable crisp and loud.

For those planning to buy a car, this is a very good time.
  • Options
    rafoilrafoil Member Posts: 11
    Paid 24,639 which is 100 over invoice. Bought at Sussman Automotive in Pleasantville NJ. They are switching with another dealer so there may be 100 miles on the car. No problem.Did transaction on internet.
  • Options
    padpad Member Posts: 7
    Where did you buy your 04 EX-L 5 speed ? Who has some in stock for this price ? Anyone else recommend this car ? How is the gas economy ? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Wow - that's a great price on a 2005 V6. Congratulations. I guess it really all depends on whther ornot a dealer still has '04s they are trying to move.

My '04 V6 came to only $23,400, but they weren't discounting '05s at all (maybe $500 under MSRP).

-n
  • Options
    danchoidanchoi Member Posts: 5
    at Criswell Honda in germantown, md. did everything over the net. seems like this particular car is out at most dealerships, though there might be some in college park, md. havent driven it that much yet, but after 170 miles the tank's still hovering around the full line. car rocks.
  • Options
    Where did you buy ? Did you buy an auto or 5 speed ?
  • Options
    rafoilrafoil Member Posts: 11
    Thank You. I shopped a lot on the internet using my zip code and a philadelphia zip code to get a picture of what was happening. The prices vary by over 1000 dollars. They may drop some next month but I was too anxious and I got the best price I could. Plus I got him to throw in a pinstripe.

Ralph
  • Options
    anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    pad: I have had a 2003 EX-L 5-speed manual coupe and now have a 2004 EX-L 5-speed manual sedan. Love 'em both. Only reason I traded the coupe was because I had a little one on the way. I actually bought a 2004 EX-L automatic but traded it for the 04 EX-L manuan after about 7 months. Nothing wrong with the automatic I just wanted my stick back. Fuel economy averages around 30 MPG for me in mixed driving and 35 MPG or so on the highway.
  • Options
    honghong Member Posts: 2
    I am struggling to make a decision.

Can anybody give me some advice? It would save me 2800 bucks if I buy V4.

V6-V4=2800??
    V6-V4>2800?
    V6-V6<2800?
  • Options
    Hi hong

First of all, just for clarification, there's no V4, it's an I4 (Inline 4). ;-)

Now, are you talking a standard EX 4-cyl, or is it an EX-L 4-cyl? That makes a big difference.

Assuming it's the EX-L, you'll really just need to decide if a few items of difference are that important to you. Sure, there are a few bonus convenience features with the V6 over the EX-L (like HomeLink), but not very many. The main differences as I see them are:

1. V6 vs I4 engine
    2. Auto climate control
    3. Fuel economy of I4 (about 4 MPG)

My decision was made for me because my local dealers didn't hav any '04 EX-Ls left. If I wanted those features, I had to get the V6.

With that said, I'm very glad I got the V6. Here's why.

I'm coming from a 2002 Maxima SE with 265HP and one of the most quiet and smooth V6s around. When I test drove the EX-L 4-cyl I found (like most people) that it had plenty of power and a nice ride. Try to push it though, and you knew you were in a 4-cyl. A bit of high end noise and a little longer acceleration curve. But that's not bad. In fact, I was dead set on getting the 4-cyl - until I couldn't find one.

So, I wound up with the V6. I didn't even drive it until I went to pick it up. What a surprise. Not only is it extremely smooth and quiet, but I would swear that the overall ride is a bit smoother than the I4 as well. It compares very favorably to my Maxima. In fact, I think it handles better than the Maxima (IMO).

The second reason I'm happy with the V6 is for the automatic, dual zone, climate control. It's just a nice feature...

The V6 ended up costing me the same amount I was looking to pay for the EX-L just two months ago, so I was happy to get the upgrade.

If those "extras" aren't that important to you, then by all means save the $2800 and get the EX-L. And to answer your question, I think the difference between the EX-L and the V6 should be about $2000-2500, so you are a little on the high side of that at $2800.

If by chance you're looking at a plain EX (not an EX-L), then I'd definitely pay $2800 more for the V6.

Just my opinions of course.

-n
  • Options
    bcbobbybcbobby Member Posts: 6
    mikesid - can u tell me which dealership in ATL did you buy this vehicle. It is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks
    RLM
  • Options
    ladybobo15ladybobo15 Member Posts: 3
    if you dont mind me asking where did u by your car at? what state and city
  • Options
    sorry to bother you again i am interested in buying a honda accord ex v6 this week. you walked out the door with the price of 24500 and nothing else right? so far i havent gotten a good price. i was wondering if i could get the name of the dealership you bought your car from. if you can please email my back. thank you so much..
  • Options
    bmwx5bmwx5 Member Posts: 16
    Thanks to all the posts as it helped in making a deicsion. I was the proud owner of 1993 Accord - EX and even though no issues with it I thought it's time to change at 157K miles. However I wanted a Accord-EX with Vin# starting with 'J' only. And one dealer (herb chambers at Burlington,MA) and paid 20K for a Regular Accord -4 cyl EX. The deal was done in 65 minutes and I walked out with a title in hand. In my opinion these cars are very reliable (knock on the wood)..hope this one would be too. However, I will suggest EX-L would have been better but no one has it with VIN# 'J'.
  • Options
    newyork999newyork999 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone bought a 2005 accord (any model, preferably an LX) in the NYC area? What prices are they quoting?
  • Options
    wellhallwellhall Member Posts: 20
    2005 EX-L sedan automatic 4 cyl @ $22,980, but at a Queens dealership that will never give up in trying to wheedle extra $$$
  • Options
    honghong Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for you useful information.

I bought a EX V6 today at $23000. I am quite happy with my decision.
  • Options
    Congratulations hong!

Glad to help. And it sounds like you got a great deal: $23000 is excellent.

Enjoy your car!

-n
  • Options
    lovehondaslovehondas Member Posts: 5
    ...and we love it!!! MSRP was $23,565.00 (incl $515 dest & handling charge) and our price was $21,243 (incl dest & handling charge) + fog lights (parts & labor $551).

They were trying to sell us the 7 year/100K miles extended protection warranty for $1250 from "Portfolio", but we didn't buy it.

Very happy with the deal and especially the car!
  • Options
    one30catone30cat Member Posts: 2
    ladybobo15,

I bought my Honda @ Riverside,California. I negotiated the price down to $24500 out the door. This number includes all the fees. I suggest that you deal directly with the internet sales manager. Dont waste your time by talking to any sales representatives. They will try to trick you into spending more. Good luck and best wishes.

one30cat
  • Options
    mikesidmikesid Member Posts: 29
    I am not in ATL. I am in Miami and have not yet bought my vehicle. guayhaur may be the person in ATL :)
  • Options
    murray53murray53 Member Posts: 71
    I sympathize with you. I am disgusted with what I have had to put up with at car dealerships in the NYC area. If it's not high pressure sales pitches by the F&I guy for extended warranties that I don't need it's service managers who tell you your distributor shaft seals are leaking oil while you're at work and can't come out to look at the car, or tell you that you need cooling system service six months after you already had it done (I had this happen at a Toyota dealership). It seems that running a car dealership is considered by many a license to steal.
  • Options
    phatnastycatphatnastycat Member Posts: 73
    Best price I have found for an 05 EX V6 w/Nav in Atlanta for $26,288. One dealer was willing to sell me an 04 demo for $26K. I feel like this is a good price and I'll be glad to pass along the info if you want to email me.
    -PNC
  • Options
    is your price out the door? for 23000
  • Options
    guayhaurguayhaur Member Posts: 5
    I got my car from the internet department of Team Honda. Out of door $27,000 (include every fees and 7% tax). Couple days ago I even got a $2.00 refund check because they charge too much for the title application. They are very professional and do as they have promised. Another dealer (Lanier Honda) also offered me a similar deal but they do not promise there will be a car for me when I go to the dealership. What a deal! Also the salesman I talked over the telephone sounds very tricky. So avoid them.
  • Options
    ceh2ceh2 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2004 Cr-V LX 4WD automatic from Vandergriff Honda, Arlington, Texas. I had all my numbers about invoices, holdbacks, ads, etc. before I made the deal. I knew what a fair deal was. I don't the exact numbers MSRP 20690 + tinted glass $190; $ 275 digishield; $ 995 environmental protection package for a total of $22,175. The salesperson quoted me a great price of 19153 on the CR-V. I new that was a good deal. I had calculated around 19,600 (excluding profit). I know that digishield and EPP are way overpriced. Several minutes later he came to me and said that he made a mistake and forget to add the options. I don't know if he did that on purpose and really made a mistake. We agreed on $20,400. I asked what digishield and EPP were and he briefy described them. I really don't remember what these extras really are. Every car on the lot had these added options. My question to the forum is what is this stuff and how do I know that they are installed on the car. Post script: Never buy a car when your tired.
  • Options
    lilelvislilelvis Member Posts: 82
    Digishield is a clear film used in place of a leather bra to protect from rock, bugs, etc. I don't know a lot about it, but $275 seems about right. It's up to you whether it's worth it.

The EPP is a paint protectant (also may include interior protection). I have no idea what it runs, but $995 seems like a heck of a lot. I hear the paint on Hondas isn't too durable, but I personally would have passed. I think it is supposed to protect against oxidation. Of course, I don't live in the Texas sun either, so it may be worth it to you. I have no info on whether it actually works.

Congratulations on your new car.
  • Options
    I disagree strongly. You can save a lot of money by shopping dealers out of town. I anticipate saving between 700 and 1,000 depending on the vehicle I purchase and I do not plan to shop locally.
  • Options
    meeshdmbmeeshdmb Member Posts: 2
    I have a new 2004 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 (leather - pointing this out b/c I forgot if all EX V6's have leather). I had a rear spoiler and fog lights added.

Out-the-door my car was about 27,000. I bought my car at a Detroit, MI suburb Honda dealer and was very happy with my buying experience :)
  • Options
    odyssey1odyssey1 Member Posts: 23
    I'm wondering whether to keep negotiating on this price on a 2005 EX-L 4 cylinder:

$21, 357
    plus TTL, and a $249 admin. fee.

Can anyone share the prices they got?

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Congrats. Enjoy your purchase.
  • Options
    newyork999newyork999 Member Posts: 6
    That sounds great for an 05. Where is the dealer located?
  • Options
    richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    The $249 admin. fee is ridiculous; however, an '05 EX-L (leather) sedan with AT at $21,606 (the total including that fee) before tax and license--fees collected by the dealer and paid to government entities--is VERY good in my opinion so long as you aren't required to buy useless, dealer-installed added junk like paint stripes, mud flaps, and spoiler-wing-things. The EX-L is fully equipped and needs nothing else.

I bought an '04 EX-L AT sedan in late August last year--right at the start of the model year--for $21,700 plus tax, license. That figure included transportation and everything else except amounts the dealer had to remit to DMV and state sales tax.

At the time I bought my EX-L, transportation (included in the $21.7) was $460--it's now $515, I think.

I don't know if the invoice price has been changed, but I think your deal is excellent. Go for it!.......Richard
  • Options
    lamuda2lamuda2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    newbie here
    I was quoted $24,000 w/out tax & doc fee
    for a 04 Accord coupe EX-L AT w/ nav.
    currently theres no 05 model available around my state.
    is the price reasonable?
    thanks
  • Options
    That's $21,606 + TTL. For that price, it must be 2 doors (coupe) and manual. If it's the 4-door (sedan) and automatic, tell us where, and I may buy one, too.
  • Options
    xcelxcel Member Posts: 1,025
    Hi All:

___If you are interested in a brand new 04 Accord sedan w/ Auto EX-L in the Chicagoland area, the local Honda dealer (to me) has a few and is selling them for $20,799. The same EX-L w/ Navi is being sold for $22,500.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
  • Options
    FriskFrisk Member Posts: 2
    Hi, there,

We went to a Honda dealer at Baton Rouge (LA) today and want to buy a new 04 Accord LX.

This 5-speed automatic car has invoice price as $18565 before tax and all other fees. No options included. We've talked with the saleman for 3 hours. The best possible price he can give us is $17430 before tax and all other fees. Is this price good? Any suggestion is appreciated.
  • Options
    johnelwayjohnelway Member Posts: 10
    I got to the dealership at 6:30 last night and left with my new 04 EX-V6 at 8:25. It was by far the best car buying experience I've ever had and I think I got a great deal - $22,500.
  • Options
    rodmrodm Member Posts: 1
    Can you give me the name of the dealer in Chicagoland. Prices sound terrific. RodM
  • Options
    hondabuyerhondabuyer Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I am being quoted @ $21,477 + ttl and a drive out price of @ $23,050.

This is for a 2004 Accord EX L with AT and I am told TINT. There is only a couple left in the Dallas area. Please let me know if this is a good price.

Thank you.
  • Options
    richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    It's not a bad price, but not a fabulous price for a car that's a FULL model year old now.

Don't try too hard to get that last 2004 because the 2005s are available now and there will be good deals on those.

Check out a 2005 and you might see that you're not saving as much as you think. Don't pay more than $400 over invoice for an '05.....Richard
  • Options
    johnelwayjohnelway Member Posts: 10
    I got to the dealership at 6:30 last night and left with my new 04 EX-V6 at 8:25. It was by far the best car buying experience I've ever had and I think I got a great deal - $22,500.
  • Options
    BobsGT235BobsGT235 Member Posts: 63
    I could of had an 04 EX V6 Coupe with auto and nav for 24,631. But I'm going to wait for an 05. They changed the design of the wheels on the 05's and added lighted steering wheel controls on the EX models.
  • Options
    lamuda2lamuda2 Member Posts: 2
    bobs05coupe, may i know where you can get the 04 EX V6 Coupe with auto and nav for 24,631? im really looking to get a car asap. thanks
  • Options
    bcbobbybcbobby Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know what the current Honda incentives are the 2004 Accord Sedans?
  • Options
    rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    There apparently is a $1K factory to dealer incentive which is usually passed on to the customer.
  • Options
    2004 Accord sedan EX-L 4-cyl auto for $21,000 plus sales tax and NYS inspection, plates & registration, and a $45 dealer fee for doing the inspection and taking care of the registration.
  • Options
    mikesidmikesid Member Posts: 29
    I am about ready to finalize my car. here are the details:

Getting it for invoice (i am told) at 26,512.
    I am getting the 1,000 incentive so the price is 25,512. With tax and title the price will be just over 27,000.

I asked about the 05 and the guy i am dealing with told me the 05's are 600 more than the 04's but they are not giving the 1,000 incentive with the 05's so it would really be 1,600 more.

I think 27,000 might be a little more than what some people are paying but I am very happy with the price since some dealers down here are still trying to sell the fully loaded 04 Accord EX's for 28,000 not including tax and title.
  • Options
    xcelxcel Member Posts: 1,025
    Hi Mikesid:

___Invoice on a V6 Accord EX w/ NAVI is $26,041 including destination. With the $1,000 off, you should be able to pick her up for much less then $25,000 given the way Honda dealers all over the country are moving Accords at less then Invoice as of late.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes