Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sonofgmsonofgm Member Posts: 11
    Sorry..I am a newbie...I am the other guy in Atlanta. The Accord I am looking at is a Sedan EX V-6.
  • haganhagan Member Posts: 2
    I bought the Accord V6 EX in White on Monday from Curry Honda in Atlanta. I used the Honda.com site to request quotes from about 8 dealers. They all came in within about 3 hours. Hank Aaron had the best quote at $23,323 plus $515 deliver plus $387 documentation fee for a total of $24225. I called Curry because they are closer and they matched it, even though their original quote was about $900 over this.

Out the door with tax (5% Cobb County), title and license was $25,457.25.

Car came equiped with mud flaps (or whatever they are called) and a wind damper over the sunroof.

I was in and out of the dealer in one hour with a full tank. Best car buying experience I have ever had.

I agree that there must be some major incentives going on right now. I never imagined I would be "out the door" with tax, title, license for UNDER dealer invoice. Amazing. What a great car for the money.
  • haganhagan Member Posts: 2
    Based on my recent experience (see post), I think you got a good deal assuming $3200 is fair for the GA. Sounds about right. Go with the Accord. I am replacing my 1990 Camry with 180,000 miles on it. That car replaced my 1978 Corolla that had about 240,000. You don't get that kind of mileage out of a GM car usually.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    There is no such model called EX-L V6.
    Its a EX with V6 and leather, XM radio, pin stripe, mud flaps, trunk mat, window etching. I intended for the L for leather...sorry.

The Grand Am is the sedan GT but it has 120K miles. It has been a good car but it's value is shrinking rapidly.
  • mrcoffee42mrcoffee42 Member Posts: 6
    I purchased my current 97 Accord through the Costco Auto program. It was a great experience. Basically, the send you to the fleet/internet department. Costco negotiates set prices on vehicles (not necessarily all models). For instance, on Hondas, they may negotiate a price of Invoice +$200 for all Accord LX models. Maybe Invoice +$100 for Civics, and Invoice +$1000 for Pilots. I'm sure the actual deals vary not only by models but also by area. Your Costco prices might be different from what I get here in Phoenix for the same car. Around here right now, the Costco price on an Accord EX V6 with Navi is Invoice +$0. As a comparison, the Costco price on an Acura TL is Invoice +$1000. The point is that you don't have to haggle over the price. You walk in, they show you the Costco price, and you either buy the car or not. Now, I have found that generally, the fleet/internet people are going to give you about the same price whether you are doing the Costco deal or not. And while you don't haggle over the price of the new car, you still have to haggle over what price they give you on a trade in. Take it for what it's worth.
  • mumfobmumfob Member Posts: 6
    My best offer so far in ATL for an EX-L Auto Sedan is $21,433 (includes Destination) plus tax, fees and tags for an out the door price of 23,386.19. Is this a good deal? Anyone gotten a better deal this year end?
    You beat my price. They hit me for the splash guards, trunk liner, window etching, fees and tags. $25,818(not counting trade in). But I got the free tires and oil changes for life if I use their service department for all service. I don't know if will make up the difference....I hope that I can keep the car for 200k miles.....

I almost walked out again went they re evaluated my trade in...wasted another hour of the day...I was there for total 4 hours. Luckily, they gave me the same amount on their last offer.
  • jmscpajmscpa Member Posts: 4
    I purchased a 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 4-door with Navi for $24,435 at Hondawest in Fremont. Total price was as follows

$24,435 Selling price

$ 45 Doc fee

$ 5 CA tire fee

$ 215 License

$ 1,775 Sales Tax

I did everything over the net with e-mail and the price was disclosed before I came in. I had a very positive experience at the dealership, they just handed me the keys to a couple of models I was considering and let me drive them. Several other posters have gotten similar deals from this dealership and they appear very motivated to move Accords by year-end. They offered the typical F & I options and I declined them all with no hassle from the F & I salesperson. I had a credit score of 775 and took the 1.9% Honda financing. No trade-in was involved as I am keeping my 95 Prelude with 215,000 miles on it, so when I miss shifting I'll take it out for a spin. Based on my price and many others posted here it is clear to me that Honda is offering a substantial monetary incentive for each Accord sold right now by their dealer network.
  • susan2005susan2005 Member Posts: 2
    I PUT A DEPOSIT ON A ACCORD 2005 LX 4 DOOR 4 CYL OR $18,500(INCLUDING DESTINATION) AND THE DEALER ADDED FREE WHEEL LOCKS, DOOR LINING, MUD GUARDS, TRUNK TRAY. I'M IN NY AND I KNOW THAT I'M GOING TO GET KILLED WITH TAXES 8.625%

I'M GOING TO PICK IT UP ON MONDAY, AND AM WONDERING IF I GOT A GOOD DEAL, OR A GREAT DEAL.

+ $300 FOR SECURITY SYSTEM + 395 LOJACK. I'M PROBABLY GOING TO GET THEM BECAUSE I WILL BE PARKING THE CAR OUTSIDE.

WHAT DO U THINK??
  • gkjeunggkjeung Member Posts: 21
    Hi,

I could not find a HondaWest dealer in Fremont CA. Do you mean Auto West Honda? Also, how did they calculate the $1,775 sales tax? It seems very low. The sales tax in the Fremont area (Alameda County) is 8.75%. Thanks.
  • jmscpajmscpa Member Posts: 4
    Yes that should be Autowest Honda-Fremont. Sales tax is computed based on your county of residence rather than county of purchase. My sales tax rate is 7.25% in my county of residence. I thought that was bad enough until you noted Alameda's 8.75%.
    When I lived in my apartment, I had the Lojack and alarm put in my Monte Carlo. (I had a lot of people I did not know come up to me wanting to look at it).

Before the Lojack was put in, I was peeping out of my bedroom window at night checking on it.

It was never stolen, but the Lojack and alarm definitely let me sleep at night!

I think that was a wise decision considering the the Accord is a favorite among thieves! Sounds like you got a good deal on the installation to boot.
  • acrispinoacrispino Member Posts: 10
    I've been getting quotes on the exact car (Accord LX Auto, 4-dr, 4 cylinder) in NY, MA, and CT for the last month and that matches the best price I've ever gotten.

I've seen lower quotes on this forum but not in this area, so I think your quote is good.

What dealer are you using?
  • bobstbobst Member Posts: 1,776
    If your car is stolen, do you want it back?

What so you think the thieves did in the back seat?

I say, let the insurance company give me the book value and I will buy a new one.
  • yymanyyman Member Posts: 1
    Looking for feedback, regarding an Accord EX-L in the New York City Area.

Best possible price that I currently have is $22,300 plus Tax (8.625%) and fees ($312.50) for a total of $24,564. Most places seem to be able to match the price but none will drop below. Also, the seller threw in a bunch of free accessories. Any feedback or comments are appreciated.
    LOL. Good point!
  • mumfobmumfob Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up my 2005 Accord EX-L Auto Black with Ivory interior for $21,286 (included destination) plus $349 doc fee, $18 title and $1514.24 tax, for an out the door price of $23,167.24. Thanks for everybody's help.
  • tcvb22tcvb22 Member Posts: 50
    I'm looking to purchase the Accord EX V6. The best OTD quote I got so far has been from Herb Chambers in MA for $25,358. I'm also looking in CT, MA & NY.
  • rcosperrcosper Member Posts: 3
    As a first time buyer, I'm looking for a little advice.

I'm commissioning in the Air Force this coming May and need some wheels. I've been looking around at the Accord Coupe (V6-EX) and was wondering if it's wishful thinking to get this car for $25,000 total (including tax, title, tags)? Is the addition of the navigation system simply out of this price range? Anyone know of the chances of this happening?

Thanks in advance...
  • jag5jag5 Member Posts: 5
    RCosper,

Are you currently CONUS or OCONUS? Will you be OCONUS?

JAG5

US Army
  • ssusan2005ssusan2005 Member Posts: 2
    The reason I am going to choose lojack is that in 5-8 years the car's value will naturally depreciate, if I don't have lojack how much will I get from insurance?

I got my quote 18,500 including destination from staten island honda, the sales rep name was greg davis - super nice guy, he is who voluntarily added the door lining, trunk tray, mud guards, and wheel locks:)

acrispino - what was your lowest quote?????? and where ???
  • ssusan2005ssusan2005 Member Posts: 2
    The reason I am going to choose lojack is that in 5-8 years the car's value will naturally depreciate, if I don't have lojack how much will I get from insurance?

I got my quote 18,500 including destination from staten island honda, the sales rep name was greg davis - super nice guy, he is who voluntarily added the door lining, trunk tray, mud guards, and wheel locks:)

acrispino - what was your lowest quote?????? and where ???
    I don't remember...I don't think I jack from insurance. Check with your provider. But, I slept better. I thought I read some where that Lojack does recover the car quickly than average(with in hours of reported stolen). I would hope that it would be before they had a chance to chop it up or vandalize it.

I know of a few other people that got the car back after a month and so and the car was not worth having. I had a collage buddy that got his honda car back(without LoJack) after the Alabama State Troopers recovered it after a long car chase. It was ragged out. I would prefer that if it is stolen, I would not get it back but that is not our choice.....its the insurance companies.
  • washgroverwashgrover Member Posts: 5
    Well, I don't know if I paid way too much for our DX, but we bought a 2005, automatic DX with a/c installation included by the dealer for 16,220 -- no extra trim. They also gave us $950 for our '91 Honda Accord station wagon (only 80,000 miles, but the transmission was gone and the radiator has a hairline crack, which is the only reason we gave up my loved first car!). So I guess I felt that no one else would give us that money for that car. Ok, what do you all think? (but be gentle!). thanks again for your help, pbchoclovr!

Washgrover
  • richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    The invoice price for your '05 Accord DX is $15,817 for the automatic, so they charged only $403 over invoice for the A/C which is normally about $1,000.

So the price you paid looks favorable so long as any "document fee" wasn't more than $50 added to the purchase price (taxes and license fees don't go to the dealer, so they're extra--"document fee" is just more profit for the dealer).

It's a sure thing that if you go back to the dealer in a few days to see your traded car on their lot, it'll be all shined up and priced somewhere between $4,000 and $5,000. Whatever they did to fix it up will reduce their profit; however, they really made most of their money on your old car and not the new one.

In any case, you now have nice new car to enjoy and if the old car was really a mess, be happy it's gone.........Richard
  • stone19stone19 Member Posts: 28
    Just bought Graphite EX V6 w/ Navi in NJ for $25,800 + TTL. Pleasant expierience - in and out of the dealer in 45 minutes. No trade in.
  • inky4inky4 Member Posts: 238
    I am seeing some just at below invoice prices which makes me think that HOnda is secretly giving dealers something to go on besides a Holdback. I am looking at EX-L auto with MSRP of $25015 and getting quote of $22563 on desert mist (more for other colors) what is deal on that?

I would love a 05 manual but those are 1/200 in production. Once upon a time 10% of production now rare for HOnda to even make a run.

I found a manual LX. Price would be about $18,500 a little over invoice.

INKY
  • d_kd_k Member Posts: 5
    Can YOU recommend any GOOD website where I can purchase a car directly?
  • tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    "I purchased a 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 4-door with Navi for $24,435 at Hondawest in Fremont. Total price was as follows

$24,435 Selling price

$ 45 Doc fee

$ 5 CA tire fee

$ 215 License

$ 1,775 Sales Tax "

That is an unbelievable deal. If I could find that in the Denver area I would not wait any longer. That price is well below Dealer invoice-holdback (which including destination would be $25475 according to my calculations). Unless there is a large incentive right now, they would be taking over a $1000 loss on the car. WOW! In any case, enjoy and great deal!
  • p4spookyp4spooky Member Posts: 2
    Hi All:

Bought yesterday a Accord EX-V6 4DR Sedan with NAV for $24,638

Here is the breakup of the deal:

Sale price $24,638.00

doc $45

Lic $217

cal tire fee $5

Cal tax $2036.35

Total $26,941.35

Flew down to SJC (I live in Vancouver, WA), picked up the car at the dealer (total time 1.5 hours, including test drive), and drove back to Vancouver.

The local dealers in Portland/Seattle will NOT deal for anything lower than invoice.
    Why did you have to pay Cal tax if you live in WA?
  • skipper53skipper53 Member Posts: 12
    I've been told:

There is an incentive for dealers between now and the end of the year. It is based on volume. If they move a given number of units, they receive a $$$ incentive for each unit sold. If they don't hit the number, no incentive. If they haven't yet hit the number, and yearend is nearing, the deals should get even better. Watch.
  • stacey_burkestacey_burke Member Posts: 88
    It does not matter where you live you have to pay CA sales tax. The only way not to is to have them deliver it out of state. That is what I did. Went to Sacramento and had them drive it (deliver it) to Reno, NV. Cost 100 for them to do it but no sales tax. Had to pay that in Colorado but saved 4.5% on 25000 that quite a bit.
  • p4spookyp4spooky Member Posts: 2
    You have to pay CA tax. There will be NO tax in WA once you show proof that you paid sales tax in CA and it is at least equal to or greater than WA tax (8.25 > 8.00%).

Hope this helps.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Sorry, but, websites don't sell cars. Car DEALERSHIPS sell cars!

And, believe it or not, there are actually some GOOD ones out there!

Ask your friends and associates for a referral.
    I was quoted 18,500 at Boch Honda in MA. I think I'll see what kind of deal I can get this week with the end of year coming and all.
  • otis12otis12 Member Posts: 171
    There must be some dealer incentive going on right now. Carsdirect is quoting $700 under invoice for a 3.0 LX sedan in northern NJ. Gotta love it!
  • los_angellos_angel Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a '05 Honda Accord V6 EX-L without navi. I looked at Honda World in Downey. Was quoted 23,938 for the car, not including tax or lisence.

I also got an offer of 23,400 in Ontario, but I have not gone there yet.

It took several hours at the dealership at Downey Honda and when they finally showed us the car- it had a big scratch in the windshield- so we walked.

Just was interested in prices paid thus far- including tax and lisence and also if APR is negotiable? I was quoted 3.9%- I am a student, never financed a car before, but have good credit.

Thanks!
    You're correct. CarsDirect is quoting $18,194

($750 under invoice) for a 2005 Accord LX 4 cylinder, 4-dr, auto in Connecticut.

Looks like maybe an end of the year sale.
    "You're correct. CarsDirect is quoting $18,194

($750 under invoice) for a 2005 Accord LX 4 cylinder, 4-dr, auto in Connecticut.

Looks like maybe an end of the year sale."

Must be very regional! $19,769 on Carsdirect for same car in Denver...
  • mrcoffee42mrcoffee42 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought the Accord EX V6 with Navi at Earnhardt Honda in west Phoenix (Avondale), AZ. I didn't get quite the good deal unfortunately. Here is how it broke down:

Base price: $25,936.00

After adding window tint (a must in AZ), rear wing spoiler, cargo net in the trunk, and mud guards, the price came to $27,250. Sales Tax was $1829.10, tire tax $5. Window etching $199.95 (anyone care to comment on whether that is worth it?). License and Reg.: $471.55. Doc and Admin Fee: $295.50.

Total delivered price: $30,051.10

$1000 cash down, plus $4000 trade-in for my 97 Accord LX.

It sounds like I might have been able to get them down lower. It might have helped if I had been willing to take whatever color they had available. I wanted the dark blue originally, but they said they wouldn't get any until after the first of the year. At that point, they would be using a new Kelley Blue Book to value my trade-in and I would have gotten less. Sorry, Edmunds, much as we all love you, the dealers still only use KBB. Really somewhat disappointing, since KBB returns values lower than Edmunds. Anyway, I went with the graphite color, because they could get one from a dealer in Tucson, and it already had the spoiler and window tint on it, so I didn't have to schedule a separate time to get that done. They put in the cargo net while I was doing paperwork.

On the whole, that was the best experience I have had buying a car. I was dealing with the fleet/internet department, contacted through Edmunds. The salesman was great. He spent a lot of time with me. Answered all my questions. Even the finance guy was not bad, and I have had some BAD experiences with finance guys. I didn't opt for the Honda financing, because they only go out to 60 months. My credit union will do 72 months. Even with a higher rate, that gives me a smaller payment. In all, it was a great experience.

Love the V6, and LOVE the Navigation.
  • garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    I just bought a V6 EX Accord at Autofair Honda in Manchester NH. The no-haggle price was $24,460. Probably could have paid a few hundred less elsewhere but as I gain an extra $4,000 in accelerated depreciation for putting it in service this year it was more important to get the deal done.

Just an FYI, they are advertising 1.9% financing for Accords but you need a credit score of something like 720. I'm told most people with very good credit have in the high 600's, so it's a little deceptive. They'll give the 2.9% offered across all models with much lower scores but I don't know what they are.

This is a very impressive car. I was particularly impressed with the traction control on snow. I'm currently driving a Subaru (AWD) and the Honda was able to accelerate up some snowy hills from a dead stop much more effectively than I would have imagined.
  • clovisguyclovisguy Member Posts: 49
    I just checked my credit score with Trans union for $5.95 and it is 901. It says "Your credit ranks higher than 98% of the population." I was going to purchase a new Accord and use the 1.9% financing which will go away soon but didn't because I was turned down by Honda Financial Services online.
  • bbb99bbb99 Member Posts: 58
    Went today (12/27/05) in San Antonio Texas to get some quotes on a new accord. I was quoted 17,500 on an accord dx, auto, air, power windows, and that's about it. Is that fair?
    A Honda dealer told me that you had to have a Beacon Score of 740. I checked my score at Experian's website for $5 before I went in. Luckily my Experian score was 760. The dealer told me that Experian's score system was the same as the beacon score.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,699
    Yeah.. most people with good credit will definitely be over 700..

Mine was at 801 when I checked it last year... So, the program isn't deceptive...but the person that told you that most people with "good credit" score in the 600s might have been.

Did they tell you what your credit score is?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• d_kd_k Member Posts: 5
    Hi everybody,

I purchased a 2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr AT Sedan (2.4L 4cl 5A) yesterday for 19100 in Paramus NJ. This number includes everything: taxes (6% in NJ), fees and etc.
  • pjainpjain Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased 2005 Accord LX AT, in Atlanta GA at 19200 - drive out (includes 7% sales tax). Invoice 17525 + 400 (documentation fee) + 7%.
  • catherinetnccatherinetnc Member Posts: 8
    Quote from Hickory NC dealer is $22k, includes destination fee.

What do you think?

Thanks-

Catherine T.