Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• htgamingpchtgamingpc Member Posts: 12
    The dealer I am talking about is actually DCH in Paramus. DCH Old Bridge said they didn't have any plain EXL in stock when I called over the weekend and didn't really want to talk price unless I would take an RES version. Guess I'll give them another shot even though it seems like we might be getting the same price. Going to give NJ dealers a few more days to try and match Weymouth in Massachusetts, $30499 + $780 destination. Also much lower doc + title fees ($389) with that dealer; I wonder if this is a state thing? Anyone know what they should cost in NJ?

How are you guys getting them to deal with you in real numbers? Everyone keeps giving me monthly prices which are a pain to compare. Should I not mention leasing?
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    I see a lot of posts regarding PA/NJ dealers, I thought I would share my latest offers. I plan on finalizing an order this Wednesday.

Touring Elite

Piazza Phl - 40,600 + 123 dest (dest incl)
    AutoSport - 39,907 + 780 dest + 259 doc
    Planet - 40,870 + 398 doc (dest incl) - getting kind of a slimy feeling from these guys
    DCH Academy - 40,658 + 780 dest + 249 doc

Just based on professionalism & being forthcoming with numbers via eamil AutoSport and DCH Academy will likely be my 1st stops.

Any opinions out there?
    In my opinion it is best to leave the finances out of the negotiation until last minute. I am not familiar with leasing though, and I know there some extra variables there. But I would think you would want to start with the lowest cost for the vehicle and then work the lease numbers from there.
  • alekshevalekshev Member Posts: 5
    I am getting $31,300 OTD for 2011 Honda Odyssey EX in NJ.
    Is this an ok price?
  • kvn1kvn1 Member Posts: 52
    that is a great price, 31300 OTD, so is it around 29k selling price?
    i think you are right - 29k including destination.
  • bigpigbigpig Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, pillowhead!

Can you tell me from which dealer you got the quote?
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    We Live in Florida and have leather seats, always have had cars with leather seats, never had problems with the seats being too hot. Although, our windows are tinted pretty dark--maybe that seems to help. Check with your local laws on window tinting.

You can also have an after-market engine start installed, keep the A/C in the on position, that's the only thing that Honda doesn't offer straight from the factory, an auto start. Our neighbors have the Chrysler town and country with engine start...and it's awesome.

Good Luck
  • odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    I don't know your tax rate, but if the van is about $29k, that is right at invoice, so a great deal. I'd buy one at that price, but the best I have found in the southeast is $1000 above, or $30k plus TTL. Congratulations.
  • ezcastilloezcastillo Member Posts: 2
    Latest quote, 34640 OTD.
    Not bad, what dealer?
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    i have two price for 2011 exl in phx area...

rt honda 32998 plus ttl

santan honda 33150 plus ttl

earnhard honda 35500 plus...too much

so it appears that 1000 over invoice.....in az....but you can go for 500 over invoice if u can start deal on email....

i have good experience with rt honda and santan honda....no game playing...

thanks
    hp
  • montyamontya Member Posts: 14
    clermontfl...Thanks ! for you input... I haven't had any previous experience with leather seats, so did not know either way. I'll check the laws about tinting, however, with the Arizona sun, 95%+ of the vehicles have tinting.

Let me see if I get lucky with the price on the 2010 EX-L that the dealer is offering (he is asking $34K, my last price is $33.5K) and I can know first hand :)
    Looks like a good price. What dealer?
  • minivantwinsminivantwins Member Posts: 3
    who did you work with at dch paramus honda? i'm looking to buy there...
  • runnur6913runnur6913 Member Posts: 16
    My brother owns a 2010 EX-L and I was in the market to purchase a 2010. I test drove the 2011 EX-L last weekend and there was much less road noise. Interior is much better on the 2011. Don't really care about the body, Honda cut back on the exterior alot, like no body side mldgs., no roof racks, and mirrors are not painted. If you are willing to pay a bit more, I prefer the 2011 Honda Ody.
  • looking4ody1looking4ody1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for an EX-L with RES. From my search, it appears that dealers in TX (I live in Austin) are still not willing to budge much. The best quote I have is from out of state at $33.6K (18 hours away). I'm obviously hoping to stay much closer to home, if possible. Any input is appreciated.
  • montyamontya Member Posts: 14
    Here are OTD prices from 4 dealers for 2011s EX-Ls. I can see that 2 dealers have quoted exactly the same price on EX-L & EX-L/RES.

2011 Odyssey 2WD EX-L = $37,069 (Dealer 1)
    2011 Odyssey 2WD EX-L = $37,069 (Dealer 2)
    2011 Odyssey 2WD EX-L/RES = $38,497 (Dealer 1)
    2011 Odyssey 2WD EX-L/RES = $38,497 (Dealer 2)
    2011 Odyssey 2WD EX-L/RES = $38,690

Let me know if anybody has better OTD prices...
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2010
    Yes - Honda cut corners to boost their profit.

On the 2011, the roof rack + rails is now a dealer accessory. This will cost you an additional $500 to $600 (installed).

The best time to get this free or at a steep discount is during the price negotiation.
    Make the dealer pay for the roof rack. They have ample margin built into the Odyssey price.
  • condo56condo56 Member Posts: 13
    Hi HP2009
    Try Tempe Honda. I just bought a 2010 EXL with Nav and Res and got the best price in town. San Tan was charging me full MSRP on a 2010 and they gave me the run around on price and hidden fees. They were not upfront about a lot of things.

Tempe was great
    got a 2010 EXL WITH Nav and RES for 33,500 OTD
    good luck
  • runnur6913runnur6913 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,
    I'm in the market to purchase a 2011 EX-L w/RES. Can anyone in Southern Cal. help?? I checked with several local dealers and the quoted me on MSRP only. Was wondering if anyone purchased one recently? What kind of deal you got? How much you paid? Where did you get it at?

Thanks,
    Runnur
  • snadeemsnadeem Member Posts: 2
    Hi audreym,

Have you bought the Odyssey from weymouth Honda yet or not? Or do you know if somebody has purchased from weymouth. This is great deal. And I believe nobody can even match to their price.

Please update because it will be very helpful for me to take decision whether I should travel for 11 hours to save 3000 bucks or not.

Thanks,
    I have gotten some pretty competitive bids from dealers within 100 miles of me, so I am taking the day off tomorrow to try to complete a deal.

I am a little weary, their prices seem a little *too* good. I have friends in the area so a trip to Boston wouldn't be a total waste, but still would prefer to deal regionally if I can.

I will post an update after I do my rounds in NJ tomorrow.
  • bogohobogoho Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2010
    Got my '10 exl for 28.5k+ttl. Pretty happy about it so far, as the features I really need are power doors, power hatch, backup camera, roof rack, home link, alloy. I may need to look up the noise issue you are talking about.

I don't believe that this new-old-van will have more depreciation compared to a '11 EXL costing 32.5k+ttl (assuming you can buy at 500 above invoice). This is a $4,000 head start on day 0, not counting tax and extended warranty differences.

With 4k in my pocket, I can choose to go through the suffering of not having the 2011 bragging rights, and drive my 2010 along with all the other soccer moms.
    Has anyone run into this? AutoSport in NJ won't take a credit card for a deposit.

He said that it is because of the processing fee, and the manager does not want to pay it for the sales department.

I wanted to have the added piece of mind that if something goes wrong with my factory order that I would have the credit card company to remediate.

is this a red flag, or standard procedure?
    That sounds so shady I would run far, far away but I've never had to put a deposit before so I couldn't say. Are they giving you a great price?
    Forum rules say not to post names of people or contact info. I sent them an email through their website and they sent back a pretty reasonable price. I don't imagine they'd give you anything different but if you really need, post a "throwaway" email address and I can send you the name. Strange, but I don't see a way to PM, maybe I'm being clueless?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    How much did you want to put on the CC? Generally, dealers will have a $2K-$5K limit...

For instance, the credit card fees on $15K could be as much as $450... That comes right off the dealer's profit.... not surprising they won't go for that..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• iot2010iot2010 Member Posts: 1
    just bought a 2010 touring (w/ pro pack) last weekend. $34775 including destination, or $38400 OTD. Below are my experiences hopefully can be useful to someone

* checked ~10 dealerships in so. ca and only found a couple of 2010 LX or EX-L model left. But many of them still have at least one 2010 touring in stock.

* Riverside Metro always had the lowest quote in my area on any model I searched on zag.com, even though they have only 4 touring model available. One lady there quoted ~$34.4K in the follow up call, and that was the lowest I got for 2010 touring. But given their very negative reviews found online I ended up buying local instead of driving up there.

* more about online reviews. Among the 4 SD Honda dealers I physically visited in one afternoon, 3 are rated at ~2 stars, and only DCH Lemon Grove is ~4 stars. However the DCH experience turned out to be the worst. The sale guy there were just too much on using their techniques of pressing, intimidating and ridiculing customers. He tried to get me sign some paper work and start applying finance even before talking about price, and acted like very offended when I stopped him. On the other hand the other 3 ~2 star dealers did not try to press me at all after I showed them I did my research. The managers did not like my offer and I just walked out quickly.

* Fuller Honda called in the evening and finally we agreed on ~34.8K. I think it can be better if I keep looking around for another week or 2. But the color choices will be more and more limited and I really did like the experience with the sale rep at Fuller Honda (Roque, 619-955-9541).

* There are probably more chances to have good price with Fuller and Riverside Metro given both still have quite a few 2010 touring in stock.
  • agrawalagrawal Member Posts: 49
    Forget the dealer, deposit should not be anymore then $500 and even if you buy the car at cost still they can take cc for deposit. BIG RED FLAG
    I could totally understand not wanting to take a CC for a large chunk, but we are talking the standard $500 deposit. This was a last minute question, I am planning on completing my order tomorrow. Otherwise the communications have been very good - everything in writing with a friendly follow up call.

He said that when you leave a check they hold it and don't cash it until the car comes in, and that he would see what he could do about getting them to agree to take my credit card.

I have 1 lower bid from Piazza of Philadelphia, but I was not quite as pleased with interactions with them.. not sure what to do now.
    Honda in Paramus
  • britm3britm3 Member Posts: 17
    I am working with Weymouth Honda as they are 15min from where I live - would be happy to give you and info on them - my deal is on a 2011 Touring - have it on order for the last 3 weeks or so.
  • danielcar2danielcar2 Member Posts: 8
    Hi there iot2010...I am also looking in San Diego and got the same quote from someone at Riverside Honda.
    I didn't get as good a price as you from Fuller, and most of the other dealers were really high (over $37k before TTL for 2010 touring).
    Your price says 34,775 and then 38,400 OTD...was the OTD just the addition of $55 doc fee, tax, title, and license, or were there other add-ons?
    Did you look at the 2011 as well?
    Thanks!
    I like to deal with any dealer who has in stock, ordering may not be a good idea in current market particularly when they are selling cheap, "too good to be true"
    Let us know how it works out, and how long it take to get the vehicle after order? I bought two odyssey from 2 different dealer in last month Elite invoice +150+doc fee from one dealer on 10/16/2010 and Touring on invoice from other dealer + doc fee and TTL. Weymouth seems below invoice, wondering how every thing works out.
  • minivantwinsminivantwins Member Posts: 3
    thanks. please send me the name if you don't mind. my email is jane1church@yahoo.com. they want me to put a deposit on the vehicle first so they can bring it in to their dealership - does that sound right? sounds fishy to me.
  • evilkarrevilkarr Member Posts: 7
    Looking to buy an EX-L in Southern California. Best quote so far was about 35,612 OTD. Anyone else bought one in the area lately and can chime in with advice or suggestion. Thanks.
    edited November 2010
    35,612 OTD for EX-L is not bad at all, so I guess selling price is about 32,500 that is almost 3 thoudsands off MSRP, a lot of people here on this forum did not believe price would drop this much within 1 month for Odyssey when they paid MSRP for the Van few weeks ago, now they can see it. I think 35,200 OTD should be reasonable & obtainable.
    What dealer? I think Cerritos dealer has good price.
  • gagirl5gagirl5 Member Posts: 3
    Hi - mine is an EX-L. No nav, no rear entertainment system. Paid $33,500 which included everything - tax, tag, etc.
  • mikescmikesc Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2010
    I swear the Dallas area is sticking so close to MSRP I am seriously going to buy a Sienna SE (which is the better looking by far with the new face update).

I just read the latest Motor Trend which compared the SE with the EX-L and gave 1st place to the SE. Bigger engine, better handling, and a 6 speed trans for less than the EX-L. The Toyota dealers are at least closer to invoice than the Honda dealers here. We have been Odyssey drivers for 10 years, but about to be Toyota converts. I think $500 off MSRP is the best I have seen here.
    That was from Moss Bro in Moreno Valley. They stated selling price as 32,228. Cerritos internet price was 34,430 +TTL. I'm not in a rush so holding out for 35K OTD, but it looks like there's more deals along the east coast than here in Cali. Anyone else been able to score anything close to 35K? Hoping it will get there maybe by end of Nov.
    edited November 2010
    if you are to buy at end of Nov then 35k OTD for EX-L is a sure bet.
    If you can wait to next Feb-March time frame then you would see more drop in price by then, remember by March most dealers have only 6 months remained to get rid of 2011 model because 2012 will be coming next Oct. I expect some incentive from Honda in next 6 months for Odyssey, but for some of us the question is if we can wait or not. If you can please wait, only buy what you "need", not what you "want" in this economy.
    I do have the luxury of time on my hand so I plan to wait it out. I'm sticking to my target of 35K OTD but it seems like all the dealers around southern california are just not in the mood to deal yet. Too new probably.
    Southern CA is not discounting on Odyssey as fast as other states because simply they can survive by selling more Civic, Accord, Pilot here compare to other states (more young people live in CA than any other areas), so dealers don't care to budge MSRP yet for Ody, but wait a bit more time when the big boss ask them why they don't have a good sale in Ody or when they realize they are falling behind other states in selling Ody they will jump. Other states are discounting big time on Ody because they did not sell good on other models......
  • vt256vt256 Member Posts: 11
    i replied to the email address you provided.

good luck
    Unfortunately to get an Elite the dealers in the NE region are all asking for a deposit, most will have to do a factory order unless they already have one inbound.

I did visit 2 dealerships today, and the one that originally said he needed a check agreed to take a CC for the deposit.

My trade came in way lower than I thought so I did not complete the transaction today, but I shopped it around and didn't do much better elsewhere. I think I will call back tomorrow and finalize the deal. AutoSport in NJ, VERY straight forward and personable salesman.
  • sapgsapg Member Posts: 3
    got 3 quotes OTD today. Is this fair price?
    1. $38,300
    2. $37,200
    3 .$37,000

I know delaying a month would save $1000 bucks. we need a second vehicle urgently. may be i should rent the secon vehicle for sometime..
    So DCH in Paramus, DCH Old Bridge and Autosport seem to be reasonable ones, as mentioned above. The other places that played the internet price game with me is Planet Honda and VIP Honda. The DCH dealers have the low price at just under 32K including invoice. The other dealers said they would beat that price by a good amount but only if I went in. I do believe that at least one of them will because they weren't quoting too much higher.

Anyone else know of any dealers in NJ that seem reasonable?
    Why do you think delaying a month would save $1000? Do you think waiting till later this month would be worth anything? I'm sort of in the same situation since my lease is going to expire before the month is out.