Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kmcgkmcg Member Posts: 14
    If there is anyone who has purchased an LX or DX lately in the Seattle area, I'd love to hear about your negotiations and final price. I've gotten responses from 7 of 10 dealers I contacted, and the best price so far on a DX Value Package auto transmission is $500 under invoice, for a selling price of $16,200. People elsewhere have been reporting getting these for under $16k, but is that unheard of in Seattle? Are the deals in the Northwest better on the LX model? Thanks in advance for any replies.
    kmcg
  • puncherpuncher Member Posts: 12
    Accord Coupe V6 w/nav

Sale Price: 24,795
    Freight: 515
    Processing: 100
    MD tax:(5%) 1,270.50
    MD tags: 195.00
    On the road: 26,875.50

PS. not sure about add-ons (mud flaps......)
  • lipitorkidlipitorkid Member Posts: 11
    We just got a letter today from our local honda dealer that they are offering their employee price to long-time customers who have bought from them before in a special 5 day sale. What kind of employee prices/savings can I expect on a V6 EX Accord Sedan or HAH Accord?
  • ragleragle Member Posts: 1
    Are application fees legal to charge? What about loan processing and acqusition fees? I made a purchase and when I got into the finance depatment they added $198.00 fee. When I asked what it was, they said it was for acquiring and processing loan agreements. I live in Illinois is this legal?
  • gxinggxing Member Posts: 1
    It is a standard V6, no options. For standard features, just see the list in Edmunds. I got a better oral deal from Avery greene honda. 22800 including pretection kit. But they don't even have a V6, so I don't know if it's just a hoax.

The original post was deleted because i posted the dealer's name, etc.

So, the deal is done at Autowest, Roseville, CA mostly by email and phone calls.
  • rajd1974rajd1974 Member Posts: 31
    Dont buy from any of the Seattle dealers. Their prices are laughable to say the least. Plan on flying down to the bay area and save atleast $1500 off the best quote from a Seattle dealer. If you talk about the bay area prices to any of the Seattle dealers, they look at you like they dont know what you are talking about. If you walk into the Seattle dealerships, you will see that they price their cars $2K to $5K over MSRP!!!!
    what a bunch of jokers.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Anything you agree to is legal.... You can pay, or refuse to pay, any extra charges... Of course, they have the option to refuse to sell the car to you, if you don't...

This is typical.. adding garbage fees in the finance office..

The negotiations aren't over until all papers are signed and you've taken delivery, unfortunately..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jluedejluede Member Posts: 33
    The pricing will be the same as what others are getting in your area. That letter is just the local honda dealer using the current FTD incentives and ending model year to jump on the "employee pricing" bandwagon. Dealers here are doing it as well. It's the same as the Honda Clearance...prices didn't really change when that started. It's just a hook to use in their marketing/adv.
  • suzannaflsuzannafl Member Posts: 84
    I'm seeing FTD as one of the fees.
    What does it stand for?

Thanks,
    S
  • rbevz67rbevz67 Member Posts: 69
    factory2dealer
  • lee27lee27 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry I didn't get back earlier however that price included all the free,except taxes of course.No it wasn't full cash deal.Sorry I think you are not allowed to post names of salespeople here.
  • wiseone2wiseone2 Member Posts: 15
    Picked it up today. 2005 Honda Accord Ex
    V6-w/o nav. $23250. plus ttl. and they
    gave me $15500. for my 02 Pathfinder.
    KBB price was $14225. and NADA price $16900.
    Very happy with this car, black w/tan
    leather, its Awesome Baby!!
  • jsejse Member Posts: 2
    Live in texas hill country and looking to buy a CRV SE and an Accord EX - leather sedan 4 cyl. auto w/ navigation - what should I pay on these cars - quotes I am getting are around $24,5k on each

Texas Hill Country
  • kmcgkmcg Member Posts: 14
    I just bought an '05 Accord DX Value Package with automatic transmission from Honda of Seattle. Price before tax + license was $16,115, which I think is quite good for this area. I contacted 10 dealers by email. Only one dealer, Klein Honda in Everett, would come close to that price. Others gave me the whine routine: "Gosh, I just don't know where they're getting a price that low. They'll jack you around when you go in to sign the papers." As it happens, Honda of Seattle's Internet Department was a pleasure to deal with. Totally straightforward, no added fees or added equipment that I didn't want, guys who actually knew the product. It couldn't have been smoother. They gave me a reasonable deal on my trade, a 97 Honda Accord Sedan, DX with manual trans and no power anything. It's been a fabulous car, completely trouble-free. It's interesting to compare it with the newer version. The sale price has gone up only $2500 in 8 years, and the car is much improved: bigger, safer, much better equipped (like air conditioning and power windows!!) Our old car depreciated only $10,000 in 8 years. If you're debating whether to be frugal and go for one of these DX models, I highly recommend it. The true cost to own is extremely low, and the car does what we need it to do.
  • snowdaddyosnowdaddyo Member Posts: 53
    I live in the Philly area and was wondering what is the bottom line price I should expect to pay for an Accord EX 4-Cyl AT 4-Dr? Would $1700 below invoice be unreasonable? That would be about $19500 + TTL. Thanks!
  • outfortloutfortl Member Posts: 4
    Accord Sedan 4 door, 4 cyl, EXL with navi....OTD quoted is $24,400
    (includes 3%state tax+ $62 registration + $400 doc fees).

Same car with all weather door mats, trunk tray, cargo net and wheel locks
    OTD is $25000.

Guys, what do you think about these prices? Should I go ahead and buy either one of them?
    Thanks in advance.
  • akaristosakaristos Member Posts: 18
    Offered specs:

Dual-Zone Automatic
    Alarm System -
    Axle Ratio 4.39
    Brakes Power F&R Disc
    Braking System Anti-Lock
    Clock Digital (Stand Alone)
    Console w/Storage -
    Cup Holders (8)
    Defroster Rear Window
    Door Locks Power
    Drivetrain FWD
    Engine 4-Cyl, VTEC, 2.4 Liter
    Engine Immobilizer -
    Entry System Keyless Remote Control
    Floor Mats -
    Fuel Filler Door Release Remote Control
    Fuel Tank 17.1 Gal Cap
    Headlamp Control Automatic-Off
    Light Console
    Lights Cargo Comp't & Glove Box
    Lights Reading
    Mirrors Dual Power & Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity
    Moon Roof Power Glass
    Power Outlets -
    Radio AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD Changer in Dash
    Radio Equipment XM Feature
    Restraint System Dual Front, F&R Head Curtain & Front Side Impact Air Bag
    Seat Folding Rear
    Seat Adjuster Power Driver's
    Seat Pass-Thru Rear
    Seats Leather Surfaced Heated Bucket
    Speed Control -
    Stabilizer Bar Front
    Stabilizer Bar Rear
    Steering Variable Assist Power
    Steering Wheel Leather-Wrapped
    Steering Wheel Tilt & Telescoping
    Steering Wheel Touch Controls -
    Tachometer -
    Tires (4) P205/60R16
    Trans Manual, 5-Spd w/Overdrive
    Trunk Entrapment Release -
    Trunk Release Power
    W/S Wipers Variable Intermittent
    Wheels Alloy
    Windows Power

Thanks for your advice and recommandations
  • mathakidmathakid Member Posts: 4
    That comes out to a base of $23,240 (24400 minus 400 minus 62 divided by 1.03). Not a bad deal, depending on where you're located. I was quoted a base of 22.9k for a fully loaded EX 4 cylinder, but I'm in the Bay Area where competition is pretty high (but so are taxes, so you'd come out ahead). You might be able to wrestle a couple of hundred bucks more out, but that's not a bad price as it is.

In my opinion, skip the extras; they're not worth $600. Dealer prices are too high for these kinds of things. The wheel locks alone cost about $100 from the dealer, and you can pick those up at your local auto parts store for about 15 or 20 bucks if you really want them.
  • outfortloutfortl Member Posts: 4
    thanks a lot mathskid.......what do you think the cargo net would cost if i get it from an auto shop....
    thanks
  • suzannaflsuzannafl Member Posts: 84
    H&A lists the cargo net as $30.00 plus shipping, etc.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accint03.html

S
  • jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    Be sure to check out the San Antonio dealers. Price-wise they put Austin area dealers to shame. At least that was the case about a year ago when I was in the market.
  • guitarguitar Member Posts: 32
    Anybody got good deals lately? Am in the market for this.

Best quote I've received (over the phone) was $17,500 before taxes/registration however the dealer has yet to send me an email to confirm the quote.

Visited a dealer today and the best he could give me was $18,169 which to me was too high so no deal.
  • steve_rbtssteve_rbts Member Posts: 17
    I agree! I just bought a 2005 Accord DX Friday and am very please with
    it. My previous car was a 98 Accord DX. I never had a problem with the
    DX and the price is right.
  • va_guyva_guy Member Posts: 12
    I just received the following Internet quotes from Koons Honda in Manassas VA (all prices include freight but not taxes, tags and $279 processing fee):
    Accord EX 4 Door Sedan Manual - $19,244.67
    Accord EXL 4 Door Sedan Manual with Leather & XM - $20,682.49
    Accord EXL 4 Door Sedan Auto with Leather & XM - $21,401.40

In a nutshell, they are selling at $1,250 below Invoice here. Hope this helps!
  • valariousvalarious Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted $22,999 over email on a 2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan. OTD price of $25,752 with 7% state tax, $400 Doc and $515 Dest. This OTD Price seems high to me, anyone have some help where my OTD price should be? I am in Atlanta, GA. Quote came from Mall of Georgia Honda.
    So... the $22999 didn't include the Doc or Destination fees?

If not, then your price is actually, $23,914.. + tax....

That sounds high compared to most prices on this board..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• etintoreretintorer Member Posts: 7
    I received an internet offer of $22,500 including destination. Other offers were 200-500 more without bargaining. I made my final payment on my Pathfinder, so I got to wait until end of Sept, It seems I should be able to get it close to $22,000.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in speaking with former VW owners who switched to Honda, Toyota or Hyundai recently. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, August 30, 2005 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your decision.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    Did you find out what each dealer's doc fee is? Destination is on the sticker, and not set by the dealer... the only reason people are talking about destination is deceptive dealers try to get you in with a lowball quote and add destination later. Documentation fees are set by the dealer and can vary widely, so make sure you find out how much and figure it into the quote.

Sure you can wait til late September, but selection gets tricky. Do ya live somewhere that a black-on-black car would be miserable in the summer? That could be what you leave yourself with by waiting.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • sid3sid3 Member Posts: 21
    Hi,
    Can anyone let me know the best price they have been quoted for a accord sedan 4 door, 4 cyl EXL with navi in VA and South Carolina.
    Help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hello,

I am surprised that accord sedan 4 door, 4cyl EXL with navi is totall yout in NC.
    This was told by a dealer...I cannot believe it.
    Anyways, is anyone aware of this model being available in either VA or SC.
    I will appreciate the help and also the quotes, if available.

Thanks in advance
  • ooohmaiooohmai Member Posts: 4
    I live in So Cal and today i got a quote on a 2005 Accord EX w/leather 4door 4cylinder for $24,885+tax title lic. was your quote for a leather? Where'd you go? i'm trying to get lower. Or is this a good deal? They don't have the color i want in the 4 cylinder though but they do have it in the V6 and i love the v6 also minus the fact that it will cost me more to fill my tank up. I wonder, can anyone tell me what the invoice prices are for the EX w/ leather sedan for the 4cyl. and V6? i want to know if i'm getting a high, reasonable, or low quote
  • richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    The before tax + license quote for an Accord EX-L (leather) sedan with A/T and no nav. should be about $21,000 to $21,500 at the most.

The car will be one model year old in a couple of weeks. Wait for an '06 and you'll probably pay less than $23,000 before tax + license.

The deal you ask about ($24,885 for Accord EX-L, A/T, 4 cyl., No Nav) is WAY to high for an end of the year car...........Richard
  • richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    Forgot to mention that for invoice prices, check Edmunds.com and you'll find invoice prices for just about all cars.

You'll also see something called the TMV or True Market Value which I think tends to be a bit high--you should certainly not pay anything above Edmunds' TMV and probably should negotiate for somewhat less..............Richard
  • the_man_07the_man_07 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my new 2005 EX V6L no nav for $22,580 in Massachusetts. Seemed like a fairly good deal to me. I couldn't get below $24,000 haggling in person, but using a free internet quoting sytem saved me a bunch of money. Is that a decent deal?

edit: that price was excluding sales tax (5%) and $190 in misc doc and registration fees. No destination or other charges.
  • target74target74 Member Posts: 4
    Rain3 and Raaga are right on. A buddy of mine and I went to Willis Honda in Burlington NJ yesterday and we both drove away in new Accord Sedans LX AT. I paid $16,900 and he paid $17,000. Both of these prices are all inclusive except for tax,title, registration. I was OTD for about 18,500 (I live in NY with higher sales tax) or so and he was OTD for about 18,200 (he lives in NJ) or so......

We both got the trunk liner, wheel locks, and splash guards thrown in as well!

The Internet Manager and her boss and coworker that I dealt with at Willis are really nice and there were no problems with the entire transaction. I even financed through Honda and was able to get a pretty darn good interest rate (4.75%). (I have pretty good credit score though)

Go over there and get whatever stock they have left! They're totally willing to blow out whatever inventory they have! :shades:

Good luck and no lemons!
  • uhaniluhanil Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

It seems like all honda dealer can see whether you have bought the vehicle or not if you submit a request online at honda to get a internet quote.

So, Honda dealer will not even try to contact you back once you get the quote from them as long as they can see that you have not bought it yet. They may not be able see from who you bought it if you end up buying one.

Well, I would be reluctanct to submit a request online now onwards.

Does anyone has any experience?
    That looks like a great price...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• akaristosakaristos Member Posts: 18
    Thank you, that helps set the newer parameters. Much appreciated.
  • bajabill1bajabill1 Member Posts: 17
    just getting into the accord market. We bought a Pilot earlier this year and the internet sales departments were all about 500 under invoice at the time for that vehicle. What is an average range for accords now (relative to invoice), lower trim level, 4cyl, auto, sedan.
    I went to the honda internet site and sent e-mails to all the local dealers within 10 miles. I believe in California the Doc fee is limited to under $45.00, is this correct?

One dealer's quote was $22,500 for a EX V6 including dest charge. (they only come with Leather & Auto)

Another dealer offer to beat others written quote (e-mails) or pay me $500.00.

I can expand my search to 50 miles if necesary. Several dealers post their inventory on the internet. So it should not be difficult to see who has what.

Is the color of a vehicle important for resale? Which color are best for resale?

So far I see a good selection available.
    Go to Honda.com, select locate dealers, since you can only select one dealer at a time,
    backspace and continue to select other dealers, including the one you got a quote on.

The internet dealers will start with good quotes and if you show interest give you great quotes and beat others without leaving your house.

I believe you should get a quote of 21,000-22,000 for a EX-L 4cyl.

Good luck

Ernie
    I haven't seen anyone post a recent price for the 2005 HAH (Hybrid) with or without navigation lately. Any ideas where the price is right now. I was assuming with it this late in the year, the 2006s coming out and the 1250 dealer marketing kickback from the manufacturer that the price should be around $500 under invoice... am I anywhere near?

Thanks
    I wasn't sure if this was the right folder, but since this is in regards to buying an accord i guess it fits.

Does anyone think that buying the navigation system is worth the extra 1800-2000? Is it really that easy to use that I'll give up using mapquest or yahoo maps?
    Hi.

Kust got my red Accrod sedan 4 door, 6 cyk EXL with Navi for 26,128 OTD (including 3%state tax, 515 destination, 62 reg and 400 document processing)....no accessories.

Please give me your input on the price I got.

Thanks
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    lipitorkid,

DO IT, you won't regret it. It does much more than just navigation, with the voice commands that you use to adjust the climate control system and audio systems. The Navigation System is worth it. You'll say that you will never buy another vehicle without one.
  • rbevz67rbevz67 Member Posts: 69
    Anyone know how much dealers are getting for each 2005 Accord they move? ANy idea on volume bonuses?
  • ooohmaiooohmai Member Posts: 4
    I did a lot of research on the invoice price and i got the best quote so far on carsdirect.com so i'm going to take that quote out to the dealer now. btw i'm not looking at the V6 EXL instead of the 4cyl. since i got a great quote of 23,385. my next lowest was 24,197. so probably 25-26 OTD and i wasn't even getting that with that original quote for the 4cyl quote. that dealer quote was a joke. I was told invoice was 24,708 and i also was told 24,673 they are pretty close so that's what i'm going off of to get below 1500. i'm still fishing around for the best quote though.
  • jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    Or go buy one of the nice aftermarket GPS units from Garmin or Magellan. You can move it between vehicles and you'll have NAV wherever you need it. As for changing the AC and audio, well you'll just have to try to live with the old fashioned way.
  • drka0ticdrka0tic Member Posts: 2
    Now that the 2006 model is out, when is the best time to go out and buy. I'm looking for the 4-cyl version, no leather nor nav. system required.
    What price should I be expecting, price as of now is about $17.5K.

Thanks in advance.