Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1235»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Greg. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jeimyj8171. I would be happy to give you an idea of how much it would cost to lease the Envoy that you are interested in right now. In order for me to do so I need the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact model that you want. I also need to know how long you are interested in leasing it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. Let me know and I will crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • nigal4unigal4u Member Posts: 3
    Whats wrong with this picture. Wanted to lease a 2007 Envoy, went to the dealer several times. As it turns out we can't agree on a payment.

32,400 MSRP
    30,566 Neg Purchase Price
    $5400 in dealer incentives, lease loyality and rebates.
    $1254 GM Card Earnings.
    Thats Cap Cost reductions totaling 6654.00.
    5.9% money rate
    59% residual
    $595.00 Acqusision Fee rolled into the lease.
    6.5% Ohio Sales Tax Rate
    10K 39 month lease
    Ohio Cap Tax, first payment, fees (there bloated including a $250 document charge, and a bloated $175 license, registration and misc) due up front.

They are quoting 288.00 for this deal. My numbers are showing 261 a month. Where is the problem other than the dealer padding the lease with profit.

To add insult to injury, the salesman calls me just yesterday proclaiming the car had been sold. Matter of fact he said, they did not have another 4WD on the lot. Funny thing how in just two days they sold 20 GMC Envoys! With the way the economy is, especially locally here thats overwhelming hard to believe. Funny how the GM Buy power site shows an inventory. And funnier yet, with sells of 20 Envoys in two days, I think calling me would be the last thing on the salesmans mind. GM's Great Summer Sell down turned out to be the Great Summer Screw job!
  • cme2ccme2c Member Posts: 7
    I have an 04 Envoy XUV lease that is due to end Feb 08. Came across the GMAC lease loyalty site. It lists various Envoys as qualifying for a six month payment rebate. I was thinking of getting a car instead of an SUV, but this bonus almost seems too good to be true if I got another Envoy or Trailblazer. Does anyone out there have any experience with the XUV and these bonuses. The XUV was a rare vehicle, so I wonder if they just left it off.

I am about 4,000 over right now and if I kept the vehicle it will end up about 11,000 over with my most recent driving habits. At 20cents per mile that is a decent chunk of change. The residual is around 18000, but current KBB is around 14,500 for trade in, so doesn't make sense to buy at the end. My current payment is 551/month. So six months payments is a huge chunk of change unless I'm missing something. Any advice?
  • dei8fandei8fan Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have the current, up-to-date specifics of GMC Envoy leases for August 2007? Is the $4000 incentive really not available on leases? One particular dealer has really given me the runaround, and I'm not sure what to believe.

I saw a previous posting with $5400 in incentives, but the dealer is telling me $1850.

Lease rates and residuals (if they have changed) would also be welcomed.

Thanks.
    Hi nigal4u. The selling price that you negotiated on this truck looks reasonable to me. The lease rate and cash incentives look good as well. Let's work up a lease payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 GMC Envoy that has an MSRP of $32,400 and a capitalized cost of $24,507 through GMAC right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $246.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dei8fan. Unfortunately, the $4,000 consumer cash that General Motors is providing on the 2007 GMC Envoy in your area is not available on leases of it through GMAC. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    Hey Carman. Edmunds is telling me that the invoice price for an Envoy Denali with a MSRP of $35,860 is $33,563 but the dealer is saying it's actually $34,223. Who is correct?

I've been trying to work a lease with this guy, but he doesn't seem willing to want to knock much off for the capitalized cost. I'm thinking (due to the 08's coming out)that they should be knocking around $4,000 off. Am I spitting in the wind?
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • evans23evans23 Member Posts: 14
    Carman: How do these numbers look?

New York State
    2008 Envoy
    MSRP 30595
    Selling Price 29300
    Rebates 3100
    Residual 59%
    375 * 39 months
    Pay taxes up front 1200.00
  • kabcpabkabcpab Member Posts: 6
    Walked into Southern California Dealer today (Livingston GMC)and wife likes a white GMC Envoy Denalli 2WD. MSRP is 37,700 and change. Sales says GMC Rebates total 4500.00 inc. new $500.00 because of So. Calif Fires. As a GE employee get another discount called a GSU (1000.00?). Anyways with discounts taxes and fees the car was to be sold to me on a lease at 30,500 approx. Asked dealers to toss in a DVD players for the kids - she said they would add at cost... Anyways want no money down - have a trade in lease owe 1000.00. She got back to me on a 48 mos. 15,000 lease and told me it was 527.00 per month plus tax. Could not go through GMC because it it 07' which she said ended Oct 1. She she was going through Honda dealership next door which also owns GMC delaership with Bank One. She didnt like the number the weekend guy came up with and said she will check back with the main guy on monday?..
    What should I do and what should i being paying out the door on 07' - was the discount enough?. Seems they are only discounting car about 2000.00 but I"m getting another 5500.00 in rebates... Most concerned about the monthly payments... I have a Toyota Tundra I paid 3500.00 for with no money down, 36 mos 15k per year... also took my trade and added another 4000.00 grand to old lease and payments per month are 530.00.
    It seems on this car payments with tax on 36 mos. lease with 15 k no money down - neagative 1000.00 trade in plus DVD add on should be around 400.00 per month?.
    Please help.
    Thanks!
  • lovemoilovemoi Member Posts: 1
    I just turned in a GM leased vehicle and signed a new lease for an 08 Envoy. Aren't they suppose to do the vehicle inspection when you turn it in? The only thing the sales guy had me do was sign a form stating the odometer reading. Is this normal? Does GM bill for minor dents? If GM claims excessive wear how can you dispute if it's normal wear and tear? ANy one have experience with GM.
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    I've leased a lot of GM vehicles and have never had any real problems when I turned the vehicles in. As long as you are under the mileage and don't have any scratches/dents longer than about 2 inches, you should be alright. They will accept some wear and tear on the interior as long as it doesn't look like it's been abused.

They used to have an inspection when you turned it in (by the salesman), but they now have designated inspectors who do it with-in a couple of weeks after you've turned it in. You should get an email with an inspection report which will tell you if they expect to collect additional dollars due to excessive wear and tear.

If you disagree with something on the report, call them and talk to them. They are really easy to get along with and won't nickle and dime you for incidentals.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • smks1026smks1026 Member Posts: 2
    Can you help me with this deal? I am from PA. Envoy SLT $35,000 (approximate) with $5000 in rebates, $3800 equity in trade-in, at 51%. He came up with $387 for 48 months with $980 down. What am I doing wrong? Can I get him to lower the $35000: can he waive the security deposit; can I get something better than 51%? Leasing is not my strong point and any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Hi smks1026. Since you are not completely familiar with how leasing works, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to doing any more negotiation: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The best way to get a good deal on the Envoy that you want is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it and then have the dealer subtract all of the available cash incentives from that price. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your monthly payment using GMAC's base lease rate of 6.65%.

I see that you are considering using the just under $4,000 in equity that you have in your trade as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers not to make down payments when leasing. Those who do risk losing the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when you lease a new one, but you should have the dealer cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds as a capitalized cost reduction for your new lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • junajuna Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking to lease an '08 or '07 Envoy SLE 4WD with 12k miles/year for 36-39 months and zero down (except tax, title, license, 1st months pmt, etc.). What is the residual value on these, and what is the lease rate? What kind of monthly payment should I be shooting for? I want to know what a top notch deal would be on a lease for this vehicle.
  • junajuna Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking to lease an '08 or '07 Envoy SLE 4WD with 12k miles/year for 36-39 months and zero down (except tax, title, license, 1st months pmt, etc.). What is the residual value on these, and what is the lease rate? What kind of monthly payment should I be shooting for? I want to know what a top notch deal would be on a lease for this vehicle.

I basically just want to go into the dealer and say, "If you can give me the car for $XXX per month including taxes, consider it done." And if not, I'll walk out the door. I just need to figure out how much $XXX should be.

BTW, I can get a family discount b/c someone in my immediate family worked for GM for 30+ years. Plus, I have a GM Card with a flyer stating that I can get $3000 earnings top-off (I have $2800 earnings) off select vehicles (Envoy is on the list) in January. How can I figure out what the best monthly payment is based on all of this?
    Hey juna. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 6.65% and 58%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% lower. General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2007 models. I would be happy to use the above lease program to estimate what your truck's monthly payment should be for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. You can use the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate a payment if you want to do it on your own: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. You should be able to get a heck of a discount if you are able to lease this truck at GM's supplier price minus $3,000 in GM Card earnings.

Car_man
    Host
  • hoss3hoss3 Member Posts: 7
    What is GMC current money factor for the Envoy?

looking to lease a SLT version

Live in the Youngstown Ohio Market

12K miles 39 months...

anyone have any idea what the payment should be

no nav.. no entertainment system

but we do want running boards...

SOS please help!

also what is GMC Money factor and percent of resudual?
  • gmfan3319gmfan3319 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am a new member and the reason for joining is to see how much I would be looking at for a 39 month lease for a GMC Envoy Denali. The total MSRP, according to GMC's website is $38,500. Below ar some details:
    -$0 down or $1,000 down
    -I live in Rochester, NY
    -12,000 Miles per year

With supplier cost and any GM incentives, what would my payments look like. I would like to pay, at the maximum, $450/month. Please let me know what I need to do to get there.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.