Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• james214james214 Member Posts: 1
    hey -
    I have an '03 LTZ.i am considering installing the marker lights. tried to view your pics of the job but couldn't pull them up. are they still online? could you send them to aol?(Jams214@aol)thanks!
  • catchcatch Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2004 Trailblazer LS. I used the internet to shop and believe I got it for a great price. I love the ride, and the room inside. Any advice for a new owner would be appreciated. Thanks, Catch
  • catchcatch Member Posts: 3
    I looked at my 2004 LS and it has the same wires and a small plastic box plugged into the wires. I have no idea what it is. Could it be a "black box"s we have heard about? A friend found one in his Jeep under the back seat also. His dealer said it "wasn't there". Does your Blazer run OK without it? Catch
  • blaze4blaze4 Member Posts: 1
    Were you able to install the lighted step pads? How did it turn out?
  • gragg1gragg1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to set the clock? I just bought a 2004, the owner's manual says "your clock "may" have a button with H & M on it for hours and minutes". Mine doesn't have any buttons with an H or M on it. The manual doesn't say anything more about setting the clock. Can anyone help me out?

Thx,
    Gragg
  • john1439john1439 Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 2005 Trailblazer with the base model Heat-A/C control panel. This is the one with the two toggle levers that slide up and down. I can never find a good balance with this system and I want to replace it with the stock digital unit if possible. The base model toggle unit has a 8 prong flat male receiver that powers the blower motor and the digital has a 12 prong round male receiver that does the same. Is there Is the any wiring harness adapter that runs from the wiring harness (black) 8 prong female converting it to a (grey) 12 prong female? Or am I not seeing a factory grey 12 prong female that is hidden somewhere?
  • k91reddogk91reddog Member Posts: 1
    I had the same issue, I went to a local stereo shop and had subs installed in addition to my factory unit and speakers. It sounds great!! All they used was a line out inverter that cost $20.00

As far as changing out the head unit, It is possible, they sell an adapter to keep onstar and another adapter to keep steering wheel controls. They told me that there are no relocation wires needed for that truck.

My friend is looking at getting a Cobalt and we discovered that they do make a relocation harness for that but it is just to program your different settings.

I think that if you have the Bose system on a TB you have to keep the factory unit in the mix.
  • ndmike88ndmike88 Member Posts: 155
    Look under the volume button. Sort of hard to see.
  • gruvergruver Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in installing a modified chip in the computer of my 2002 Trailblazer. I understand that there is potential for both power increase and fuel mileage increase with modified chips. I like the performance of this vehicle but it would be nice to have better fuel mileage.

Thanks.
  • shoopmomshoopmom Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an 04 Trailblazer and the radio doens't work. It turns on okay but all I can get is static and it won't seek any stations that I know are there. Also if you put a cd in, it ejects it and says check cd. HELP!!! :cry: What should we look at and how can we fix it? Any suggestions would be great... Thanks!
  • wkingwking Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 Trailblazer ext shows "OC" in the temperature part of the display on the inside mirror. What does "OC" mean?
  • roberts4roberts4 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2005 Trailblazer. As you all know, the GM triplets come with the in-the-seat front seat belts. I find this setup very uncomfortable, with the seat belt pulling on my shoulder and collarbone. Does any one know if there are parts one can easily install, maybe on the headrest, to raise the belt and ease it's tension on my shoulder? Or maybe a taller plastic retainer part from which the belt emerges? I don't know if GM makes such a part. I asked at the dealer and they said they can not legally make any modifications to the belt. I think there might be a couple of ways to remedy the situation. So if any one knows how to fix this annoyance, would be glad to hear it!

Otherwise, love the vehicle, the Bose sound is awesome and seats are very comfortable. Good power and room.
    Also, does any one know how to disable the seat belt reminder chime from coming on when not wearing the belts? I could not find it in the manual.
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Yes, I agree that the seat belt integrated into the seat back is annoying, especially for taller people. There isn't much you can do about it. I have a couple of those velour pads you wrap around it and secure with hook/loop fasteners. That at least minimizes it. I always thought it was designed that way due to the side airbags being available.
  • mdbulletmdbullet Member Posts: 1
    hi,,,, there is no way of turning them off,,, and i refuse to ware them, i have a 2005 trailblazer and i went to chevy and got a set of 9" seat belt extenders and just put them on the front seatbelt slots and they just hang by the console,,, hope this helps,,,
    hi, the 9" extenders, do they have a part number or name or are they just called extenders? What do they do exactly? Thanks a lot...
    Still hating the seatbelts, what a bad design...the dealership refuses to even touch the issue...
  • gmoudygmoudy Member Posts: 67
    I was at my Chevy dealer today to have some work done on my other car. I asked my service advisor about the 9" seatbelt extenders. He stated that Chevy will supply two of them at no charge. I had him order them for me. The part # is 12533459. If the 9" isn't long enough ecause someone might have a bigger gurth, they do have a 15" extender. Hope this helps everyone out. I do not know what the part # is for the 15".
  • fetchthisfetchthis Member Posts: 2
    The black boxes under your backseat house the battery for your onstar and several different types of fuses. No, do not take it out and it is not the mysterious "black box" of which you have heard. Doesn't anyone read their manuals anymore?
  • ima1032ima1032 Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought an 05 TB LS that did not have HomeLink. Am I able to purchase this and either install it or have it installed? How difficult is it to put this in?
  • lblumenthallblumenthal Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone removed third seat on the EXT to make the back more 'storage oriented' rather than 'sitting oriented'? The questions would be: 1) Can you remove the third seat easily and does that improve the back storage area? 2) What other 'modifications' can you make to make the TB EXT more 'storage friendly'? Thanks in advance.
  • 135crewchief135crewchief Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2005 EXT LT with the XM Satellite and GPS all condensed into the LCD touch screen. The vehicle shipped with the North American and Canadian GPS discs. The problem is that I'm living in Iceland and will be here for another 3 years. If possible I'd like to get a disc for Iceland but have not been able to find where to buy a disc if there is any. Does anyone know where I can buy either the GM navigation discs or ones that are compatible with the Trailblazer?
  • woolfman5woolfman5 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Trailblazer ext that has just started doing this as well. Has anyone determined what this message means?
  • augie5augie5 Member Posts: 2
    Just added OEM last week and hardest part was to create a Base for them. Made two L Clamps and hold them to the main frame of the Bumber and then installed back the Bumper cover. I will by the OEM Harness which cost around 25.99 per side and connect them to the Low Beam Headlamp. You can also connect them to the Parking lights to have more versatility.

Augie
    Orlando, FL
  • augie5augie5 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know we're I can find the Wood dash kit for a 2004 Trailblazer. Would like to buy the molded on. Around my Radio the black coating is pelling off and looks pretty bad and would like to cover it.
  • renee2renee2 Member Posts: 1
    I am just about to sign a deal for a 2WD TB. I am have second thoughts b/c it iisn't a 4WD -- I don't plan to drive it in terrain or on the beach, but I would like to navigate through snow and rain w/o worries. The dealer is convincing me that the rear differential locking system will help. It is an '04 Suggestions?
  • smu_alumsmu_alum Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2005 Trailblazer with 6 Disc in dash changer, XM radio and Bose upgrade. I wanted to install an auxillary input to control/listen to my iPod. I have seen many different alternatives but am not sure what will work with my setup. Has anyone completed this install previously? Any suggestions/input you can give me? If I have to sacrifice XM or even the CD Changer, that is fine, as I don't see myself using those (they just happened to come with).

Thanks!
  • tbproudtbproud Member Posts: 1
    I just got my TB this august it is an 04 LS with 9000 miles on it. I love it. However during a real good hand washing I did notice the rock pings on the lower back doors. I plan to fix the problem by adding running board. I notice other vehicles that have potential ping problems have that thick textured plastic paint over those areas like along rocker panels and such. :confuse:
  • wehsr42wehsr42 Member Posts: 1
    What are pros & cons to adding K&N FPIK to 2002 Trailblazer?
  • jayr1jayr1 Member Posts: 2
    first question, was your exhaust kit especially made for a tb or was it one of the universal kits? was it welded on or did u simply use the clamps that come with it? if u dont mind me asking how much does the exhaust kit run? do have the k&n cold air intake as well as the filter? if so how much hp did it add? I am currently considering making some of these same modifications however I would like to get some opinions on where to start. What do you guys suggest?
  • jamesm3jamesm3 Member Posts: 1
    I've recently purchased a '98 Blazer and notice that the Delco radio/CD player has an AUX function intended for an optional external cassette player. Does anyone know if it is possible to use that input for a Delphi SkyFi2 XM radio? The local Chevy dealer's info shows that there was a 9 conductor cable between the radio and the optional cassette deck but they couldn't come up with any further details (like pin-out, for example). And they want $50 for the cable! Thanks for any help.
  • spketteringspkettering Member Posts: 1
    I bought the same unit along with the rear control modual as well, when I went to the GM garage for a wireing harness they told me that the dash wireing harness was different for the annalog unit vice the digital unit and the replacement one would cost about $960.00.
  • msududemsudude Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I have a 2004 TrailBlazer w/o the Bose audio system. I am interested in buying OEM XM and Navigation System parts.

I found an OEM XM part on Ebay (amoungst many "fake" aftermarket kits) but its $350. I remember seeing them before for $300. Doesnt anyone know a way to get one cheaper?

Also, I like the new touchscreen navigation systems (05 version) but they seem to require the BOSE option. Is this because the new navigation systems lack a built-in amp? Can i just buy a cheap amp and keep the speakers I have?

Thanks
  • tmungertmunger Member Posts: 1
    do you have the part number for the fog lamps for the 2003 TB and is there a web site to purchase the wiring harness. and how did you make a bracket to mount them. I find now way to attache them. once you cut out the hole there is nothing back there. can you help?
  • gmoudygmoudy Member Posts: 67
    These are the part numbers you will need for the amber turn signal assembly for your mirrors.
    88944062 - Passenger Side
    88944063 - Drivers Side
    This is a fairly easy mod. There's more info on doing the non-turn signal mirror to turn signal swap here: http://envoystuff.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5
  • asstromanasstroman Member Posts: 2
    do you know how to unlock my gm stereo i put it in another van. now what do i do
  • cgollcgoll Member Posts: 1
    I have the same stereo in my '06. The new car accessory department at my dealer sells 2 devices that will allow you to use the aux button on your radio. One provides standard RCA inputs the other is designed to plug into your ipod.
  • lastarlastar Member Posts: 30
    Does anyone know if there is an after market sun visor made with a slide out?
    Thanks
  • mrmagicmphmrmagicmph Member Posts: 7
    cgoll,

Do you have a part number on the iPod version? I've talked to 2 different GM dealerships and they both have no idea what I'm talking about. They both recommend that I talk to Apple (which makes no sense) or refer to the car's radio manual (which doesn't tell anything about anything) :confuse: .

I've got an '04 LT with the Bose 6 CD Changer Radio with XM.

Thanks.
  • batovinbatovin Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know if a 2002 factory dvd will fit in a 2004 model trailblazer?
  • jailer4jailer4 Member Posts: 2
    DID YOU SEE ANY GAIN IN POWER FROM THE TB SPACER
  • tblazer05tblazer05 Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to this, but I have made brackets to install factory fog lights to the LS models without them.
    How do I send a message to the LS owners that want to know how I did this?
    Is there a way to send a personal message to members?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You just did :shades: -- if you want to post some pics showing how you made and installed the brackets, Check out image - it's a good place to make albums and post your pics.

Steve, Host
    Now my dumb question
    How exactly do I post my pictures?
    If you go to CarSpace and log in with your Edmunds user name and password, there's an album link that's easy to use -- you just browse your computer files for the photos and add them to the album.

It's a bit trickier to post pics in the discussion. The big problem is that you need a place to host them since only CarSpace is set up to accept photo files. Once you host the photos somewhere, then you would link to them in a post.

A better explanation can be found in the Help link. ;)

Steve, Host
    Lets give this a try
    Looks good!

The only suggestion I'd make is to compress the file sizes for our friends still on dial-up.

Steve, Host
  • tbl03tbl03 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all!

I have a 2003 Trailblazer LT EXT and I am looking for the wireless headphones that are for the dvd entertainment system. Does anyone know the model number or part number and where I can purchase them?
  • kenp1985kenp1985 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to mod my 2003 TB LS. I want to install a chip/shift kit, exhaust, and K&N FIPK 77 series. Any advise on selection of exhaust, chip, or shift kit. So far the only exhaust was Borla which runs about 900-1100 dollars...a lot more than i wanted to spend on an exhaust. Any suggestions???
    Thanks
    Ken
  • wbuschwbusch Member Posts: 1
    I have been thinking about installing the same thing but I don't want my SUV to sound like one of those japanese lawn mowers like honda etc. I have found that flowmaster makes one. Do you know of any one that has installed one and how it sounds, I have a 2005 with the 4.2 litre 6 cylinder?
This discussion has been closed.