Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• maverixmaverix Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2011
    I Totally agree VIP Honda in NJ is the worst when it comes to deals. Also they have some really rude sales people. Couple of years ago I gave my mouthful to one of the salesguys who were bad mouthing Open Road saying he used to work there, And they offer something to make you come in and it will be a totally different price that you walk out with. I told him, earlier you were also part of the same group for couple of years. Why are you acting with Holier than thou attitude...
    Anyways ignore VIP and move on. Finally we bought a Accord for my brother at a different place at that time.
  • ody13ody13 Member Posts: 5
    yes it is, and the price i wrote was straight from bill of sale. I talked to 3 or 4 dealers and 2 of them agreed to that price but only for the vehicles in stock. So finally talked to Brilliance and they had the car in stock and we negotiated over the phone and got the price........
  • bergen_boybergen_boy Member Posts: 9
  • villagepointevillagepointe Member Posts: 7
    Thanks and appreciate your feedback.
  • craftlisacraftlisa Member Posts: 2
  • hondafloridahondaflorida Member Posts: 3
    Does anybody know what the doc. stamp tax is?
    Do we have to pay this when we purchase cars?
  • jcwells74jcwells74 Member Posts: 2
    His contact info is Kevin P at Carmichael Honda in Citrus Heights. He is the Internet and Fleet Manager (only one there). I also had a verbal quote from Lodi Honda but never saw them in person to know if it was real. They quoted $34,000 + TTL for the EX-L w/ NAV. This may be a better option for you in the bay area. Good luck.
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    Yes, go search for my original post.

I paid $33058 ($32700 + 358 for accessories) at Norris Honda in Baltimore for an EXL-RES. Between $400 and $700 under invoice. I dealt with more than 20 dealers in the VA/DC/MD area--I live in Virginia. It was worth the drive to Baltimore. Also try O'Donnell Honda in Ellicot City--they were close.

I did have a trade, but it was negotiated separately and the trade in offer was a fair price--$500 more than what CarMax offered.

I know its frustrating when you email for quotes and get numbers that are nothing like what people report, but honestly, the deals are real and they do happen. You just have to be patient and meticulous. I spent a lot of time and effort on this and in the end I saved a lot of money compared to what most people in our area are paying for these vehicles.

BTW--we've had it for a little over a month and 2000 miles and we love it. Its been flawless and a huge improvement over our 2007, which itself was a pretty darn good vehicle.
  • keith134keith134 Member Posts: 18
    I'm working on the purchase of a 2011 EX-L with NAV here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area without much success. Despite offering to pay cash I'm getting quotes in the 35.8-36.2 range which don't seem that great based on what I'm reading in these forums. I probably made things worse by getting a great quote of 33.2 from a large dealer in nearby Chicago.
    Anyone had any good purchase experience in this immediate area? Thanks in advance.
  • urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    Sports Honda quoted me $35,600 OTD, not a penny less. So you had better luck with them than me. There is no way I'm paying that much so I guess I will have to wait for the buying hype to be over.

Thanks for the info.
  • urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    mfletou1,

I'll try Norris Honda and see what happens as the 3 Honda dealers (Sport Honda, Criswell Honda, Hersons Honda) quotes are around $35k. Do you think it's worth the extra $$$ to buy EX-L with RES or just the EX-L and buy the DVD player and have it installed later by a local shop?

Thanks for the info.
  • jessguojessguo Member Posts: 11
    I was quoted at invoice $32,330 including $780 destination by Criswell Honda for EXL. Wonder if I can do even better going to Norris
    Actually, your price is for EXL with RES, right? You got a really good deal! Invoice price for EXL with RES is $33,792, and you only paid $32,700? Congrats!
    edited January 2011
    Plan to buy at 1000$ under Invoice tomorrow. Dealer quoted 720 less invoice price. email me your contact no, so that we can shop together. My friend joins me as well. We plan for EX-L. If u join, it will be 3 vehicle and get more discount.
    Can I join too? I am in MD area, not too far from NJ. If your price is good, we are willing to drive there.
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    villagepointe, which dealer are you planning on going to?
    contact me

village_pointe@hotmail.com
    Hi maverix,

Do you mind emailing me your info (name and detailed price break-down) so I can try to get the same deal from Norris? Thank you so much in advance. My email is jessguo@hotmail.com
  • thuidoithuidoi Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys, I'm getting ready to go buy a 2011 Touring here in Charlotte, NC. Can someone who recently bought a Touring tell me the price paid out the door, no extra accessories? and the interest rate for finance too if possible, thanks
  • maverixmaverix Member Posts: 21
    Hi
    This is the quote I got. Some of the guys out there are doing better than this. But if it helps you here is the info

2011 Odyssey EX-L

Special Internet Price: $31,006
    Destination: $780
    NJ Sales Tax: $2,225.02
    Doc Fees: $249
    Motor Vehicle: $399
    NJ Tire Tax: $7.50
    Online Registration: $7.70
    Thanks for the price. I thought you purchased EXL with RES from Norris in Baltimore, MD? Did I misunderstand you? Your price quote shows NJ sales tax...
  • ranred1235ranred1235 Member Posts: 6
  • ranred1235ranred1235 Member Posts: 6
  • hokiefanfamilyhokiefanfamily Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at an EX or EX-L (maybe with DVD) if we can get the price down.. we live in NOVA.. Do they really give a discount if you get a group together? I would join in if that's true...
    If you live in NOVA, you should join me together. He is in NJ, which is 4.5 hours drive from me and he said that we need to drive there before securing a price. Email me at jessguo@hotmail.com
    No, it was me that purchased from Norris. I'm the one from Northern VA.

To answer the other questions--yes, it was the EXL-RES. Invoice price on these vehicle is $33,400. I calculated actual dealer cost (subtracted holdback) at $32,700, and that's the deal I got. My vehicle did have wheel locks and spalsh guards on it, which added $300 to the price. I actually did want the splash guards anyway and since they were so far under invoice, I elected not to quibble on this, but did use it to get a little bit more on my trade. However--I had that price on the new vehicle regardless of the trade.

Also--we bought a 2007 EX-L (without RES) and ended up regretting it--it was one of the reasons we elected to trade for a new one. At the time, our son was young and rear facing. As he got older, it became clear that the DVD was going to be a big help, so we put in seat back ones. Frankly, they were a huge pain in the a--. You can't operate them from the front seat, the DVD starts over every time you start the car, etc. I wanted an integrated system (plus, we had another kid...and now another is coming...). As far as an aftermarket system, I know some people have done this and had luck. What can I say, I'm fairly risk adverse. I suppose if you find somebody that really knows what they are doing, you'll save some money. But I can't see how they can completely replicate the degree of integration that the Honda RES system has, and you get extra jacks and outputs in the back on the RES models. Unlike the last model, the RES system controls are built into the main dash stack and run through the MID screen. I am not clear what an aftermarket system does to the warranty. Also, I added Hondacare 8/120 (for $1270, $25 under cost from Hyannis Honda), and that includes coverage of the RES system--so now if it breaks sometime in the next 8 years, its under warranty.

That was my reasoning on that.

As far as RES vs NAV--well, RES keeps the kids happy! NAV not so much. Also, my personal opinion is that the portable nav units do an adequate job for the relatively small number of times we truly need a NAV system. Not only that, once the vehicle is a few years old, the technology on a new, relatively inexpensive protable GPS is actually going to be better than on an in dash unit since every year it evolves. So that one was an easy call.
  • its_me2its_me2 Member Posts: 3
    The best internet quote that I got from internet in the Philadelphia area is $500 above invoice, which is way high comparing to the deals that people got here. Anyone had better luck?
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2011
    They seem to be the most competitive inside of the PA state lines - NJ is dealing more.

Let us know if you work with them, and how they are. I am getting tired of waiting for an Elite to land in my area - maybe I will do an order with them.
    Thanks for the correction. My understanding is that you basically got EXL with RES for invoice minus 2% holdback. So $32,700 does not include $780 destination, right? We are more interested in a plain EXL as we have a portable DVD for our kids to use during ride. Any advice about how low I can get on EXL in our area? Thanks.
  • ufgatorsufgators Member Posts: 58
    I have been shopping around for an 08/09 with relatively low mileage (under 40,000) and it seems as if the dealers have them grossly overpriced. What do you all feel like an estimated Out the door price would be on a 2009 EXL with 17,000 miles? Any buying experiences of these vehicles?
    Yes, it does include destination. And since I bought in Maryland, I only paid a $99 processing fee.

But the price of the vehicle, including accessories AND destination, was $33058.
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    That's pretty much par for the course for the Twin Cities market. IGH and HH tend to be the leaders here, but you'll get much nicer quotes from Chicago dealers. But, there are some Chicago dealers that quote one thing and then ...
  • solrajsolraj Member Posts: 2
    Hi Keith:

Can I know the dealers you are talking about from Chicago?
  • naturewalk1naturewalk1 Member Posts: 3
    What are other people in Sacramento/Nor Cal area getting. I'm getting much higher quotes than the ones on here.
  • durantdurant Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know how to find out the invoice?
  • arbysarbys Member Posts: 12
    What dealership in NJ is this $34,674.22 for the EX-L from? I got about $1k higher from Autosport for the same thing. Thanks.
  • tm9tm9 Member Posts: 1
    We picked up a new Silver/Gray 2011 Odyssey from Honda Carland the last week of December 2010. Chris Bennett was our salesperson. I received 5 quotes via the internet, 2 via Sam’s Club, 1 via Amex. Chris offered the best price from the beginning. We added the roof rack and body side molding. The dealer installed accessories included the mud guards, and tray, but when I balked at this fee he sought to offset it with a “service credit” itemized below. (This is our fourth Honda, ’94 Civic, ’00 Odyssey, ’04 Accord, and we have used their service department for the routine service of our vehicles.)

We are very pleased with the 2011. This is our second Odyssey. Our first is a 2000 LX with 180,000 miles on it. It is still going strong and we kept it because we have three children that are and will be learning how to drive. (The 2004 Accord EX w/Nav is a 5 speed.)

We choose the 2011 EX because I’m not a fan of leather in the Georgia heat, we needed the power doors because our parents are advanced in age and have a difficult time opening the manual doors on the 2000, and we didn’t need the entertainment system because our kids have reached the iPod stage. (They prefer to download and watch their own thing. We have a portable Sony DVD that we can put in the car if necessary.)

Internet Price: $28,168
    Destination: $780
    Doc Fees: $599
    Motor Vehicle: $21
    GA Warranty Rights Fee: $3
    Dealer installed accessories: $895
    Roof Rack: $309
    Body side molding: $240
    GA Sales Tax: $2,171
    ---------------------------------------
    Sub Total: $33,186
    Dealer Service Credit: $-636

I hope this information helps you with your purchase. I found the information posted here very insightful, and am grateful for all those who took the time to share their experiences.
    You are lucky man. New Jersey is a place filled with greedy morons. They cry and accuse you of foul game when we ask for discount. These dealership carry maximum of 4 vehicles in each. We got to take what ever color they have.
    Sick dealers in NJ.
  • rwdwrwdw Member Posts: 2
    The LX model has no center console and none is available as an accessory. There is a base for a console mounted to the floor but their is no way to order one to go there. A small piece of molded plastic snap into the base supposedly to hold 2 very small cups, which you will have to take your eyes off the road, bend over and pick it up off the floor. Honda cheeped out on this one. It was a deal breaker for me as i wanted cloth seats and steel wheels.
  • dulnedulne Member Posts: 2
    I got a good deal from this: http://www.curryhondacare.com/

Fill out the form from this website, and it will give a quote.
  • tthanhtthanh Member Posts: 4
    I received this quote for an EX-L without NAV-RES from a dealer in Maryland:
    Sale price: $30947.00
    Destination: $780.00
    Processing Fee: $100
    Tags: $19.00
    + VA tax 3,12%
    Please let me know if this is a good price.
    I'm from VA, the quotes from VA are about $1,5k higher.
  • thesuhailthesuhail Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I saw the new 2011 EXL and did not like it for many reasons. Hence want to buy 2010 white EXL 2010 instead (0-10Kmiles run) any idea, any lead is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Suhail
  • lnlhutz23lnlhutz23 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All -

I'm getting the following for a 2011 EX-L w/Navi from a dealer in MD. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? Appreciate any help, thanks.

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L NAV

Sales Price : $33,112
    Processing Fee : $100
    Destination : $780
    Taxes for VA resident : $1,019.76
    Tags : $138
    Grand Total : $35,149.76
  • gogreen5gogreen5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

This is all very helpful to see how much folks paying in others states. I live in SFO Bay Area in CA. The best out the door price I got so far is $38,000 for an EX-L with RES.

Does anyone know a better offer than this in the area?

Thanks !
  • hogi1hogi1 Member Posts: 4
    2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L Automatic Transmission Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ - MSRP is $37,230.00
    $33,516.71 Sale Price (including Destination Charge)
    +$125.00 Title, Registration & Plates
    +$239.00 Documentation Fee (lowest of any dealer in Massachusetts)
    +$2,094.79 6.25% Tax
    $35,975.50 Total "Out-The-Door" Price (no hidden charges)
  • durantdurant Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    Any input would be appreciated. We got an offer on an EXL w/RES for 32980 , this price includes all season floor mats.

Please give some feedback
  • hogi1hogi1 Member Posts: 4
    What dealer in MA? I can't get that price yet
  • nuroonginuroongi Member Posts: 1
    hi Marverix,

I'm also curious to know which NJ dealership offers $34,674.22 for EX-L.
    My quote is way higher than that. :-(
    You can email me the info at oykimchi at gmail dot com.

Many thanks!
  • jam808jam808 Member Posts: 14
    I am thinking of buying a Siena or a Odyssyee, ButI see so many 2009-2010 that are only 3000 or so less than the 2011,

So wouldnt it make more since to get a new one. I was so against of evey buying a new car because of the depreciation. But in this case . it seems to make since

Are there any Dealers that has any of those two mini vans for about 25-30000
  • dugwisdugwis Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you find this price? Were there any dealer added accessories?