Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bhstbhst Member Posts: 2
    It's Milton Martin Honda in Gainesville,GA.

Thanks
  • urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    The best quote I got for 2011 EX-L w/RES is 34,000 OTD. Wonder if anyone has a better deal than this. I shop around VA-MD dealers.
  • sullysassullysas Member Posts: 5
    I corrected that in another message - we actually paid $39,500 - it was San Marcos Honda. Good luck!
  • ledsledledsled Member Posts: 3
    In Houston Zips I priced EX using carbuyingtips spreadsheet located online and offered 29,200 (includes Dest+3% dealer profit in my calcs) and so far no takers. That 3% I offered and there kickback should be enough to make them at least consider my offer. I think the Celestial Blue is only being delivered to dealers as an EX-L and the dealer may have additional options to throw down that I am not interested in. Another poster mentioned dealer options and there price on them vs. actual cost. That alone makes dealing with them on the lot more difficult. Definitely need to have your pocket scientific calculator on hand. Dealers don't seem that hungry for some reason at this time. They sure do want my 08 back though. Not sure what the manufacturer is doing regarding output.
  • pricewpricew Member Posts: 18
    After a month of going back and forth between Sienna, Odyssey, Acura MDX and Mercedes Benz R350 we settled on the Odyssey. Looked high and low all over texas, Oklahoma and the lowest offer was from a dealer in Lawton Oklahoma for 32,085 +ttl. They did not have the color we wanted and since we were buying a new vehicle it did not make sense to settle.

I am in the Dallas area and I finally bought the Odyssey 2011 EX-L without RES or NAV for 33K (including Destination) + TTL with the following options
    Cargo tray, Door sill garnish, Window tint, All season Mats, wheel locks, mud guards and door edge guards. It was the best deal I could find . It does definitely look like the prices here in Texas are higher than they are up North. I did contact Landmark Honda in Virginia and they did say they could sell one for 31K but cost of shipping it down to Texas is 700 bucks on a truck and when you add the options etc the difference is not that much. Additionallly they did not have the color I wanted .

I did pay a deposit and waited a week to get the color I wanted.

The buying experience was smooth. The dealer could not match Honda Care warranty price online and so I plan to buy from Hyannis Honda (Bob Leab) the Honda care extended warranty. Plan to buy either the 6yr /80k or 7 yr/80k. Have not decided yet.

For this interested : I not only paired the iphones with the bluetoothhandsfree system but also my IPAD. My plan was to let kids watch videos on ipad when travelling on a long trip and with a car seat mountable ipad case from Amazon (was 5.99 when I bought it last week but aparently jumped to 11 bucks now)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WSLOZW
    Anyway it works great and now after pairing I can stream sound through the car audio system. I am sure there is a roof mount for the IPAD that can be flipped down like the RES system .

If you have any questions feel free to ping me at pricewala at gmail dot com.
  • dsaintdsaint Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the input ledsled.

The Edmunds total invoice price for my zip is $28,822 (28,042 base + 780 dest fee) , so I guess 28,840 is pretty good. Just not sure how updated edmunds is so I wanted to get some feedback.
    I just tried a Houston zip, 77001, and got the same numbers. Not sure what to make of it..
  • minivantimeminivantime Member Posts: 2
    Srjain,

I also may be purchasing either a new or CPO Ody from Autosport. They've been great so far but we havent really started talking #'s about our trade in....

Would you be willing to itemize the fees which you were hit with when you ended up signing the paperwork? TTL,Contract fee, Prep fee, Etc. I'd just like to know what to expect if we get that far in the process.

Thanks for the help.
    wow, i think you got a good price. approximately 800 below total invoice AND you get those accessories! congrats!
  • srjainsrjain Member Posts: 14
    minivantime,

smoky topaz touring 2011 Ody 38,000.00
    (incl roof rack,cross bars,cargo tray,
    Honda remote start)
    sales tax 2,660.00
    license & title 404.30
    doc fees 259.00
    tire fees 7.50

total 41,330.80We chose to sell our 2002 Kia Sedona
    to a used car dealer for(did not trade-in) - 2,100.00

BOTTOM LINE $39,230.80
  • kyspireakyspirea Member Posts: 2
    Yes, the $32410 included destination.
  • civic4me3civic4me3 Member Posts: 12
    Car Man & KYFDX, I need your help. It doesn't look like Honda is offering any incentives this month on the 2011 Honda Odyssey EX; nor can I find any site that actually lists the scheduled manufacturer incentives by month for the year 2011. I could have swarn that last year when I was in the market for a Honda Civic, I found a site that stated the entire years Manufacturer planned incentives. Making my desission as to which months to purchse in my favor. Do U have any idea where U can fins this?

With all that being said, I could mosy defineyely use any help with any pric/ :cry:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Sorry... I haven't seen anything that lists planned incentives..

As for price, just scroll back a few pages, and see what everyone else is paying...

Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yes I do believe they are offering a great buy to you if this includes Destination charge. Wish they would throw that at me here in oiltown. I offered 29200 Sale Price because I wanted the cargo mat and mudflaps. This business of the dealer adding on options and running the profit up on these items is annoying. I have been working with the Internet/Fleet Salesman and he isn't getting anywhere with the SM or GM regarding my offer. I need to speak with them regarding the Celestial Blue in EX. Maybe that is part of the holdup as well as their dealer add-ons.

>28042.00
    >- 637.90 (Factory Holdback)
    >27569.10
    > 689.23 (3% Profit)
    >28258.33
    > 780.00 (Dest)
    >29038.33 (Sale Price)
  • odysseyhuntodysseyhunt Member Posts: 5
    Hi Dobber2, could you clarify the OTD price of 34,000. Does that include the sales tax, documentation, licence, plates, fees etc etc... If it includes all this, could you please give me the details of the dealership and who you worked with. please send me the details to [email protected]. Thanks!!

I have been trying to find a EXL w/RES in and around Chicago. The cheapest quote i got is from Decatur - $36,500 OTD. (Includes all the above).
  • vardashanvardashan Member Posts: 2
    I have to extend a word of thanks to all of the folks who have posted on this forum. Armed with information, I was able to secure the following deal on an EX-L RES - Smoky Topaz Metallic / Truffle interior. The dealer was great to work with. When it came time to talk about price, I just told him what the best offer I had was and just said that the price was where I was going to be at (I used the Hogan method). He nodded and pulled out his invoice on the car, showed us the price and said that was what he would charge. I was rather shocked as the Smoky Topaz / Truffle combo looks great and I think he could have sold that van at MSRP without much trouble.

I did find that the *vast* majority of dealers out there are not willing to deal on these vans at all. Out of the 18 I initially contacted, only 3-4 were willing to deal. One was a bit higher than the other 3, another I caught loading up the deal with some sort of fee that drove up the OTD cost but were unwilling to say what it was over email or phone so the remaining two were who I ended up dealing with at the end. Most dealers price for the van only was higher than what I am paying OTD.

There was no pressure. It was the easiest deal next to when I bought my SuperDuty on the "no-haggle employee pricing" Ford D-plan offerings here a couple of years ago when automakers were in their pre-bailout death throes. This dealer is Bender Honda out of Clovis, NM. We are going to pick it up on Friday and Momma is excited. Currently she has been hauling our 3 kids around in her '05 Mazda Tribute and since our 1yr old outgrew his infant seat, we have moved him to a regular car seat. We quickly found that 3 regular car seats do not fit in the back seat...not by a long shot (and people complain about the 3rd gen Ody not fitting 3 car seats across...lol). So now, our 7yr old has to ride up front in a booster so we are changing that.

Best Overall Quote
    Vehicle: $32,651
    Destination: $780
    Doc Fee: $75
    + TT&L
    Dealer 120mi. away

This was not the lowest quote I received. The lowest quote would have required a plane flight, a hotel and a half-day of vacation from work. The money worked out in favor of the closer dealer (120mi. away). Time and money wise, the above deal just worked out better for us. However, I do have to extend kudos to Corwin Honda for being a great dealer to work with - they also had the best price.

Lowest Price
    Vehicle: $32,176
    No additional fees
    + TT&L
    Dealer 770mi. away

The Odyssey, its' fuel mileage, space and utility have us excited. We take several trips a year ranging from 8 - 15 hours on the road. Long trips like that in my SuperDuty will lighten the wallet fast and my wife doesn't like driving it - says she feels like she is driving a bulldozer. Good luck and thanks to Edmunds for the helpful forums!!!

Curtis
    Well, I got tired of all the research and reading, etc. so last night I went to the closest dealer for a test drive. To make a long story short, I ended up making the purchase.

Got it down to 27,650 (With destination, it's 28,430). I think I could have done better, but I had my wife, 3 yr old son, and 2.5 wk baby with me which affected my patience with the back and forth negotiation. But I'm glad it's over with so it's ok.

Btw, I did not get any accessories from the dealer. When I got home, I ordered splash guards, all weather mats, and cargo tray from bernardiparts.com, which costed me approx $300 including shipping. Dealer quoted 399 just for the splash guards! What a rip-off! LOL!

I'm still contemplating on buying these other parts: door guards, door visors, door sill garnish, body side molding, and wheel locks. I might end up installing all or some of these later on when the weather's warmer, since some of them require 15°C (60°F) or above ambient air temp for installation.
    Well done. Could it be that under duress with family in tow us "gents" can still put on the Poker Face? Honestly I am impressed with the deal you made. Good move on blowing off their option charges. It's like let's have a good lunch on this guy tomorrow. Safe motoring.
  • minivanboundminivanbound Member Posts: 3
    Hi all:
    Thank you all for posting info.. have been reading for a while, and about to pull trigger. Can you let me know if you think this is good deal.
    This is in MD/PA area.

2011 Touring Elite - Smokey Topaz/Truffle - $40,218 including destination charges
    Additonal 100 processing fee, tag and title fees and Tax

thanks,
  • joeygjoeyg Member Posts: 11
    Picked up a 2011 EXL RES from Weymouth in MA. Paid $32,669 including destination. Besides sales tax had to pay $364 in fees. Dealt with internet department and it took about two calls to get a deal done. Very easy.
  • carin2011carin2011 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting a quote for 33,930 including destination charges for a EXL with RES in the Atlanta area. What is a good price point for a Odyssey in ATL area? Looks like this car is in high demand, dealer dont seem tooo willing to negotiate.

Thoughts?
  • yxiongyxiong Member Posts: 1
    Hi, joeyg,
    Could you post the dealship and the sales people for your car?
    Thanks
  • sullysassullysas Member Posts: 5
    You can get pricing in your area by going to truecar.com and also Edmunds has similar pricing info onin new cars that will tell you what others are paying and define "great pricing", as well. Definitely worth looking at those numbers prior to making a deal.
  • nismofreaknismofreak Member Posts: 120
    urglie,
    what do you mean by OTD? does that include all fees and taxes? Could you include the breakdown?

Thanks,
    Nismo
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• joeygjoeyg Member Posts: 11
    It was Weymouth Honda in Weymouth MA. I contacted dealership via email and dealth with internet sales staff.
  • skc4skc4 Member Posts: 1
    After searching for a week, bought an EXL without RES/NAV at Valley Honda in Aurora who had the best deal in chicago. $31556(including Dest, Doc fees)+ TTL. Paid $400 for all weather mats, cargo tray and mud guards. Little expensive from other places but got done with the whole thing.Paid $1245 for extended warranty(7 yrs/80K miles). Also got an APR of 3.04 with americab honda.

Had a very good experience there and sales person wasnt pushy at all. Would highly recommend if you like the price
  • ktisktis Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    Best quotes in MO at this point, for 2011 Touring:
    Corwin Honda (Costco program), Jefferson City, MO
    38K OTD
    St. Louis Honda, St. Louis, MO
    38,2K OTD
  • jhk4949jhk4949 Member Posts: 12
    That was the best deal in Albany, GA as well ..... excluding state sales tax, 38K otd
  • kenleslie76kenleslie76 Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2011
    Hello All,

Need some help...I was quote for a 2011 EXL wo/RES for $32K before TTL and $33K before TTL for a EXL w/RES. Please let me know if I should go lower. They seem willing to sell the van to me without any hassle. Is this a good price to pay?
  • odysseyhuntodysseyhunt Member Posts: 5
    Seems like a good price . The best quote i have so far is $32,800 from Decatur.IL. But they dont have an EXL W/RES available in Smoky Topaz. Trying to find it for me. Hopefully he can find it for me.
  • chesapeaketechchesapeaketech Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a good price on a Touring in the MD / DC / VA / PA area. We've been to one dealer near DC and were not too happy with the experience. Willing to travel a bit for a good deal. Any assistance would be appreciated!
  • chesapeaketechchesapeaketech Member Posts: 2
    Would you mind specifying the dealer? I've been looking around for a Touring / Touring Elite and that seems like a great price.

Thanks!
  • zeebrockzeebrock Member Posts: 4
    Seems to be a few of us looking for a new Odyssey in the northern IL area. I'm in the NW near Crystal lake. Maybe we could pool/group together and strike a deal with a dealer in the area? I'm looking to buy anytime from now until the end of April.

John
  • minivanboundminivanbound Member Posts: 3
    Sure..
    Bobby Rahal in PA.
    I just put the deposit on it.. But will have to wait to end of March for delivery. I have to drive 2 hours from DC area, but worth the drive I think.
    Their internet sales guy is not great.. so get the quote from their online system, and then you can deal with any sales guy to close the deal.
    Good luck.
    nismo,
    OTD price includes everything, destination charge, processing fee, TTL. Here is the breakdown

$32,034.81-Selling Price
    + $780-Destination
    + $100-Processing
    + TTL

The guy said he would honor this price for the President day only. I don't know if the price is still valid though.
  • utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    zeebrock and others,

Received a great deal on a touring elite from Brilliance Honda in IL. I live in CA and it was worth the money I saved even with shipping. Please refer to prior posts for details but it was $4000 less than CA dealers. I had them price match Bobby Rahal at $40,218 (inc dest). Weymouth is the cheapest if you have some patience or they have your car on the lot. I would strongly reccomend D.H. (senior sales staff) - he even sent me 20 pictures from his iphone of the van being loaded on the truck. You will be re-assured by their positive reviews on dealerrater.com if you have any concerns.

Good luck with your purchase...

UTC2
  • daddyof3daddyof3 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased an EX-L w/ RES in the Bay Area. Here's the breakdown:

Trim: EX-L RES Alabaster Silver/Grey
    Vehicle Price: $33,175.00 (includes destination)
    Back Up Sensor: $578.00 (installed)
    Wheels Locks & Splash Guards: Free
    Doc Fees: $55.00
    Taxes: $3127.24 (9.25%)
    Tags: $493.75

Total OTD: $37428.99

Hopefully this helps future buyers in our area make informed decisions. Good luck!
  • uniquefilmuniquefilm Member Posts: 1
    Just bought my 2011 EXL w Res in Atl OTD = $37,273.58

Odyssey EX-L RES /Dark Cherry Pearl/Roof Rack with cross bar/Splash guards/All Season Mats

Here was the breakdown.
    $337500.00 Internet Price (INC DESTINATION)
    $ 682.08 Crossbars (with roof rails)
    $ 222.60 All Season Mats
    $ 598.00 Processing Fee
    $ 210858 Sales Tax at 7%

$ 19.00 Title
    $ 3.00 GA MVWR

After dealing with literally 10 dealers he was the simplest one to work with.

Hope this helps anybody
  • carin2011carin2011 Member Posts: 2
    Thats a very decent price. Which dealership did you buy it at?
  • drivininstyledrivininstyle Member Posts: 14
    Great dealership, Bobby Rahal!

My sister and I both got cars from them recently. I like how they have such a streamlined pricing policy, and no ridiculous "fees" for paperwork, etc! Completely stress-free!
  • daves16daves16 Member Posts: 2
    hi daddyof3, that's a great price for the bay area, which dealership did you get yours from? Thanks in advance.
    SF Honda. I dealt with Jose. Stockton Honda was offering the same deal and after I purchased the Odyssey, I found an email from them stating they would lower the back up sensor price to $400 to earn my business. I was working with Allen there. Good luck!
  • dado_kdado_k Member Posts: 11
    Any purchases made in south florida?
  • radha_krishnanradha_krishnan Member Posts: 2
    From which dealer did you purchase this vehicle?

Thanks.
  • radha_krishnanradha_krishnan Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot for your immediate response.
  • pineapplelimepineapplelime Member Posts: 1
    John, I like your idea. I'm also looking to buy a van some time soon here and am around CL. Have been back and forth between the Honda and Toyota dealer in town. Best price so far on an EX-L has been around $31,500...have you been getting similar?
  • iloveteailovetea Member Posts: 3
    EX-L's information:

Invoice: $31,205.19
    Sub-total: $31.985.19
    HDAG (dealer's fee): $312.05
    Pro-pack (mud-guard, mats, wheel locks, trunk tray): $218.90
    Invoice Total: $32,297.24
    Addition: +300 over the invoice

Total: $32,597.24

Document Fee: $55
    Sale Tax (San Diego 8.75%): $2,857.07
    DMV Electronic Filing Fee: $29
    License Fees: $374
    Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees: $86
    California Tire Fees: 8.75

Out-The-Door Price: 36,000
    Able to negotiate an extra 2nd row cover seat with this deal ($265) - not a bad idea to negotiate for extra part. This would made it up some what to even out the HDAG (dealer's fee) charge.

My 1 cent advices:
    _ compare the price with all the dealers
    _ give yourself at least 2 weeks before you make the purchase - if you request a quote over the internet or over the phone, just tell them that you want to get the car ASAP. The dealership would try to work hard on this deal and wouldn't bluff you so much on the price. This would give you extra time for negotiation
    _ bargain down to at least $3,000 'n start your negotiation from there - ask for extra interior or exterior part(s)
    _ ask your sale-man to give you a test drive: lots of battery maintenance issues on 2011 model, got this info from other members' posts. I also experienced couple of these vans in San Diego market with this problem. Stay away from them!. I, myself, experienced the clicking noise every time I step on the break pedal - brought it into for car service, another unknown issue.
    _ The sale-man should able to walk you through in and out of the car. Otherwise, ask for another sale-man. This will tell them that you are serious about buying the car. Also, no sale-man wants to spend hours with you without making any commission. For this reason, she/he would easily ease into your price and/or request (parts).
    _ KARR-Theft Deterrent Device: my friend who works for Honda told me not to get this extra option since the alarm already built in. Unless you live in some ghetto area, it's not a bad idea to invest your $595 on this optional service.
    _ Negotiate the Interest rate with the sale-man before you walked into one of the "finance" cubicle to do the paperwork. Dealer would jacks up the interest rate if they see you are desperate want to get this car.
    _ Dealer will give you a car wash/wax before you drove off the lot - make sure you keep your eyes on your car. They only wiped down my car before I requested them to hand wash and wax the whole car.
    _ Spot for any scratch, paint chip - inter and exterior of the car. Have the sale-man write down that they would able to fix them or else, they would compensate you with extra parts. Check for the rubber seals on both sliding doors - they seems to not attached all the way.
    _ Test USB, bluetooth, moon/sun roof - yes, they are under 3 years warranty but you would save lots of trouble for bringing your car back to the dealer and who knows it would break down again just like the battery issue which unsolved by Honda at this point.
    _ Don't give into the deal when you have a talk with one of their Manager or Supervisor. You can get up, tell them that they could contact you once they agreed with the deal, then walk away. The deal is still there. These dealers use "holiday promotions" just so people think the price is only good for those days only. The cost of the car will go down and they wouldn't want to keep them in the lot for long.
    _ Complain about the high mileage of your car - lots of test drive, average test drive: 3-4 miles. If you car has high mileage, let them know that this car has been in their lot for long and no one would want to buy it. They are losing money for having it seating there.
    _ Let say you want to buy your car in Blue (exterior) and Beige (interior),for example. AND you know that dealership carries this car: ask the dealership for the color that they don't have in inventory. This way, you would get the car's color that you wanted but in lower price. Tell the dealer that you would take the color that they have in inventory for a lower price since they don't have to make any trade with other dealership.
    _ Lots of the dealership just takes your contact info over the phone and have you wait for days before they contact you back. Go with the flow and once they called back, tell them that you got an offer from other dealership with lower price, pro-pack, extra parts, free car wash for life, cross bar, body guard, door strips, etc.
    _ Do not let the Finance Manager sign the loan through Honda or any other bank without your agreement. Have it open so you can shop around at your bank or others. I were able to get lower loan at my bank. When I brought the check in to pay them, the dealership then dropped down their interest rate - even my bank couldn't match it.

For some reason, all the dealerships in Los Angeles, Irvine, Orange County and Aneheim that I compared the price with have higher price quotes and don't carry the pro-pack.

I'm happy with my new ride and its price. On other hand, I would like to hear about your purchase experience and hope you all get a better deal!
    $37428.99 OTD is the lowest price I've ever seen for 2011 EX-L w/ RES. Too bad I'm on the east coast and the best quote I got was 34K.
    SF Honda. Ask for Allen the Internet Manager.