Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mrunclesixmrunclesix Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Honda is going to have a finance special for the upcoming July 4th weekend like the deal during the Memorial Day weekend in Southern California area? My husband's car got total lost past Sunday and we're looking for a 2011 Odyssey EX-L w/ Nav. Recently, Honda doesn't have finance special on Odyssey and they said the APR is 2.99% for 60 months with good credit. We want to find out if anyone knows if Honda is going to have finance special for the July 4th weekend thus we can wait for that. Also, California may be increasing the sales tax and license/registration fees again soon, we'd better hurry to get a car. Thanks for your help!
  • rservissrserviss Member Posts: 2
    I have never met a dealer that would talk about upcoming sales. If you can afford to wait, I would say hold off until July 4th to see what's offered. The EX-L's are beautiful. I love mine. I bought it May 28th. It's the one with Nav. Dark Cherry Pearl.

You might experience a problem with the XM Radio receiver cutting off so you're getting no signal, even on an interstate. My dealer said he's replace 4 already. Guess mine makes number 5.
  • clarodriclarodri Member Posts: 1
    What year was the EX-L with RES? Where did you price it @ 31980?
    thank you.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Wow you are giving up a Lexus RX350 for a Honda? I know this is the Odyssey forum but have you cross shopped the Sienna? The ride, quietness, and reliability should be similar to your Lexus. We owned both so talking from experience.
  • philsguyphilsguy Member Posts: 3
    I'm a NC buyer that was looking for the best Out-the-Door price on a 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES. The best I received, and the one I went for, was from Steve Padgett's Danville Honda in Danville, VA. Sorry, but I don't have it itemized. This price includes tags, title, taxes, etc.

$34918.75
  • urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    philsguy,

Does that OTD price include any accessories like wheel locks, splash guards?

Thanks,
  • dtoccidtocci Member Posts: 3
    I'm in central NC too. What's the salesmen you work with at Padgett's? Was it a haggle-free / internet deal or did you have to work for it?
  • jm77jm77 Member Posts: 1
    I got a great deal from these guys at Fladeboe Honda. 29,150 was the final price for my EX. We saved almost 3 grand. I emailed all of local dealerships over the course of 2 weeks, and I kept on getting better and better offers. For the last few days, 29,400 was the lowest, but finally one dealership said they would give me an extra $250 off. I went to Fladeboe and asked them to match it because its right near my house and they did.

However, they did quote me above MSRP on accessories. I believe they do that to make a little extra on the side. I called back the parts department a few days later and the prices were below MSRP, which made me a little upset. Good thing I didn't buy any accessories yet.
  • buyodyssey2buyodyssey2 Member Posts: 1
    Can you let me know what dealership and salesperson you worked with for that price? Thanks!
    No, it does not include any accessories.
    It was an internet/email negotiation process. Really, I didn't haggle down on price b/c their offer was the best among about 15 I had received. The only time I had to really get firm was in my refusal to put down a $500 deposit for them to look for the color I wanted. No way I was going to do that. Let them find the car first, then I'll put down the deposit to do the dealer transfer.
  • newmexesnewmexes Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I was happy with the deal I got at Chapman Honda in Tucson, AZ. (It was worth having it shipped to Albuquerque, NM- it saved me $1350 even with shipping costs.) Best deal I got when checking dealerships in ABQ, Phoenix and Tucson

EX-L Taffeta White
    $32,935 (includes destination and $350 shipping charge to ABQ)

no wheel locks, splash guards, or extra tinting had to be added
  • tempasonic2tempasonic2 Member Posts: 2
    I have been casually looking for a Odyssey Elite, my first vehicle in some 20 years (I've had company cars up until now), both in store and online. My husband suggested I get a price via Costco and the very next day I got the lowest price any dealership would give me, $41,436. I narrow my search to 2 dealerships and they suggested, if I can get a price that low then they'd go with it too. I'm also getting a discounted price for aftermarket accessories (ie. tow/hitch kit) without needing to haggle.
    I'd start my search here and THEN use that number to see if you can get a better deal. Keep in mind, $41,436 is still a pretty good markup from dealer cost and whatever other kickback/incentives are offered.....
  • cee1jaycee1jay Member Posts: 4
    Hi all, after many emails, my sister in law and I lucked into a alabaster silver odyssey touring at Freeman Honda. We paid $40,887 + Tax, Title, and Registration. No hassles when we turned down the extended warranty and lo-jack. Car was washed and came with a full tank of gas.

Most of the Dallas dealers are still quoting either MSRP or higher than MSRP. They're justifying this to the demand and the tsunami in Japan. When I asked why then do they have EX-Ls despite the tsunami, a lot of them evaded the question.

Ola was our salesperson and he gave us excellent service. I guess purchasing a touring can happen, but luck has a whole lot to do with it.

Good luck everyone!
  • doglover4everdoglover4ever Member Posts: 19
    Hey - yes we drove both the Sienna and the Odyssey on the very same day. Initially I felt sure I wanted the Sienna because I have owned 5 Toyota's in the past and I think they look nicer on the outside. But the interior of the Sienna was cheap, cheap, cheap looking and we were test driving a higher end model. The dash looked like plastic, the seats were not comfortable at all and the roar of the engine was awful. Now my husband thought it sounded good (men) and he also thought it had more pick me up which it does. The model Sienna we were test driving also did not have a fold down mid section on the 2nd row and our son really liked that in the Odyssey. I also wanted a blue van and right now Toyota does not even offer a blue one. We left the Toyota dealership and went right back to look at the Odyssey again and my husband agreed that it looked and felt much nicer than the Sienna. To be quite truthful - I have never really been very pleased with my Lexus. I LOVED my Toyota Highlander way better. Thanks for the response.
    We just got our quote and I noticed that they want $189 for splash guards but the honda site lists them for $72. I also like the door visors but those are $252 and I like the look of the body side molding but that is anther $205. Anyone had any luck getting a dealer to throw these in for free (I know, nothing is really free). Just thought I would ask. Thanks

EX-L RES
    MSRP $36,830
    Sale price $34,722
    Mud guards $189
    + tax, DMV fees, Doc fee for total out the door price of $36,259
  • ekonopinekonopin Member Posts: 3
    I have a quote for 2011 Odyssey EXL with RES for $34,106 plus dealer fee of $250 and taxes. I have a 2008 Odyssey EXL with RES that I am looking to trade, needs about $500 in body work, and has 46,000 miles on it. Any idea if that is a good price? Also, any idea what I can expect on a trade. I haven't told the dealer yet that I have a trade.

Please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • ralphwiggum1ralphwiggum1 Member Posts: 31
    Wow, I wish I could get that price here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I really wonder if I should just wait until prices drop. I can't imagine that the demand for large vehicles could be sustained at these gas price levels.
  • cardeal22cardeal22 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone recently close the deal on EX model in TX please?

I am in the market and things does not look any where near the prices in this forum...:( is it the bad time to buy it?

I got a internet quote for:
    $31,730.00
    Add protection package $309.00 installed
    Add Window Tinting $99.00 installed

SUB TOTAL $32,138.00

same story that no more odysseys coming to the dealer so what ever is left is what you got :(

any advice?
  • cardeal22cardeal22 Member Posts: 2
    Hi nayigadi,

I had a question on how could you do that transaction from TX and bought the car in NJ? don;t you have to be present at the dealership to sigh off the contracts and all the papers?

please see if you could share some more information!
  • barrybuckeyebarrybuckeye Member Posts: 20
    I am trying to negotiate an Odyssey Ex or Ex-L for my parents in WPB, FL. Here is the best that i have received so far. I think these prices are pretty stiff.

EX
    MSRP - $31,225
    Invoice - $28,291
    OFFER - $30,480 plus $810 destination and taxes etc

EX-L
    MSRP - $34,725
    Invoice - $31,454
    OFFER - $33,880 plus $810 destination and taxes etc

I had hoped that I could get much closer to invoice at the end of the 2nd quarter. any thoughts?
    I don't have all the details - but I just found out yesterday that Honda is supposed to be offering the 0.9 starting today. I am trying to find out if that is 0.9 for 36 months or 60. Does anyone know?
    What i saw was for 60 months
    Great - thank you!!!!
  • vncavnca Member Posts: 1
    Below is the link that shows Honda offers 0.9% for 24-60 months from 6/24/2011 through 7/5/2011

http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers-detail.aspx?modelname=Odyssey&offeri- d=53255&modelid=RL5H2BEW&sf=2&ft=1
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Member Posts: 142
    I live in S. Fla.
    Ody inventory seemingly has been very tight (demand and production slow down from Japan earthquake for parts to be sent here for assembly into the van), so negotiations have been tougher than normal. I have tabled my intentions till the 2012 models come out.
  • davidk12davidk12 Member Posts: 28
    I have also decided on that wait and see. In the mean time my 03 Odyssey is doing just fine. If things don't improve, I may end up going with a sienna.
  • clarodrigclarodrig Member Posts: 2
    I just got my silver Ody EX-L. I worked with dealers in VA, NC, GA and SC. The best price I got was from Valley Honda in VA. $32500 OTD (incl 300 SC tax, 199 doc fee, and tag). however with accessories it when up to 33750 OTD and it was 330 miles away. I was able of getting close to this price locally.
    33,412 with wheel locks, splash guards, cargo tray, moonroof visor, body side moldings, roof rack and cross bass, and tint in the front windows. (249 doc fee, 300 tax, 39 tag) = 34,000 OTD with 0.9% financing.
  • dirtydumpdirtydump Member Posts: 11
    Just got an awesome deal for a plain EX-L (no res/no nav). I've been shopping around for 2 weeks and it's been pretty hard to find my first color choice black w/truffle interior. I was told there were only 5 available in all of SoCal as of today. Anyways, I was able to locate one with the help of a very nice employee at Honda World in Westminster. She pointed me in the right direction and gave me some excellent advice. I am very lucky to have met such a wonderful person. She didn't try to push me into a dealer trade, she just told me I should try giving the other dealership a call and even gave me a contact person at the other dealership!

When I called Spreen Honda in Loma Linda and told them that my best offer was 32517, they said "our internet special right now is 32,097." I had them verify they had the exact color I wanted and then I drove an hour to get it. They had the car waiting for me and the entire process was extremely pleasant. I would highly, highly recommend Spreen Honda in Loma Linda and Honda World in Westminster.

MSRP on my car was 35535. I got it for 32097. The car had 3 miles on the odometer and it still had all the packing tape on it. Black with truffle interior. I love it. Go get one!!
  • julie005julie005 Member Posts: 1
    doglover4ever,

Where did you get this deal (City and the dealer name)? I am in South Florida and I am looking to buy Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ RES. But due to very low inventory all the dealers are offering as much as $40,000 OTD.
  • clarodrigclarodrig Member Posts: 2
    try http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZAMX000469
    with zip code 24401. that is Staunton VA. a Ody EX-L/RES is $33953. plus tax, doc fees & tags.
    That is what I did for the EX-L. this site gave me 32496, but then the dealer email me with an even deal that was aout $500 less. They can find you a vehicle. then you can have it shipped for FLO.
    I will suggest you buy it by Jine 30.
    Nice work. Was your $32,097 OTD or did you have tax and fees in addition to that number?
  • dirtydumpdirtydump Member Posts: 11
    I wish it was OTD. Add TTL. I still feel it was pretty good though.
    We purchased our new van this weekend in order to take advantange of the 0.9% financing. Sales price was $34,722 and included mud guards and body side molding. This did not include tax, doc fee, etc. Now we just have to wait till mid July for it to come in. I spoke to another dealer that had a blue one but they would not even entertain matching the sales price and said if I could get a deal like this then I should take it because there was no way they would sell me the van for this price.

MSRP $36,830
    Sale price $34,722 include mudguards and body side molding
    tax $1,029.61
    DMV fee: $122
    Doc fee: $479
    Total OTD: $36,352.61
  • kai7kai7 Member Posts: 5
    I am in San Jose area. Could you share with me the dealership? Is this S* Creek? I want the a EX-L with Nav. Could not get any dealer to give me a decent internet quote.

Thank you very much!

kai
  • big10bbbig10bb Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2011
    Upside:
    Odyssey EX-L
    $31,900 (including destination) side note: $28.8k for EX
    +TTL
    0.9% Financing...

Downside:
    There aren't a lot of Odysseys in stock. We paid a 100% refundable $500 deposit for one in transit.
  • danalin26danalin26 Member Posts: 1
    Here's the details:

USAA pricing certificate printed in late May
    Dealer was able to find inbound Touring and secure for cert. price

$38,089
    $300 - tint
    $650 - rack/crossbars
    $645 - city tax
    $450 - doc fee
    $ 50 - temp plate (90 days)
    $40,184 OTD

We got the 0.9% rate for 60 months.

It's Dark Cherry Pearl with Beige interior but my husband thinks the color looks purple since it's so dark. Overall, the price looks good since they are no longer honoring USAA pricing certs and it's hard enough to find a Touring.
  • kai7kai7 Member Posts: 5
    Is this in SF Bay area? if so, could you share the name? I was quoted today at MSRP -$2000. and there was no car in the lot for me to test drive.
  • rudinskyrudinsky Member Posts: 12
    Here is what im being offered in SAV GA

trade a 09 ODY 29000 miles in good condition (Two minor scrapes and dents) EXL-res $ 24000
    Buy 11 ODY EXL-RES, splash gaurds, all weather rear cargo, and all weather mats - 34218... + 500 fees + 20 Tag + 18 Title = 34756.00 and .9% interest

Think its pretty good!
  • dh37dh37 Member Posts: 2
    I live down near DC (still in MD). Got an EX-L, no NAV no RES in the Baltimore area for invoice plus $500 (plus two dealer options I didn't ask for for an additional $248).

The dealerships down here in suburban MD near DC all wanted $1500-$2000 more than that.
  • na2lana2la Member Posts: 3
    I live in the Suburban MD area (between DC & Baltimore) and currently searching for an EX-L, No Nav/RES. I'm willing to buy in Baltimore, if the price is close to what were offered.

Please PM the names/contact info for these dealers. Looking to buy this weekend. Thanks. :)
  • dh37dh37 Member Posts: 2
    Hmm...no PM feature here on Edmunds AFAICT, and I don't have a facebook account.

Based on Edmunds' policies, I can state the dealer: Norris Honda. It's kind of "east Baltimore," officially Dundalk I think. I got the price by looking at the inventory online and then used a feature where the buyer offers a price, instead of requesting a quote. Usually I think of these things in terms of "first person to offer a price loses," but that wasn't the case here.

It was pretty easy to drive to, dealership was nice though strangely not busy (I think it might be a very new dealership so maybe a small client base or something).

Ourisman in Laurel claimed they'd match my price---no one else did---but they'd have had to trade to get it, and they had some pretty negative reviews on the web.

One place to avoid is College Park Honda---they have a notional internet department but refused to give me a price, instead insisting that I come in person. Bad reviews on web too.

I think I also got a reasonable quote from Heritage in Westminster. It's further away, though, and the quote wasn't quite as good. Guy I dealt with via email seemed to be very honest and candid, though, and they have good ratings from dealerratings.com or whatever it's called.
  • jctivojctivo Member Posts: 4
    I found Sheehy Honda in Alexandria beat all other offers (even their lowest) see my post:#27859. I just emailed everyone far and wide...Lynchburg to the south, Bel Air to the North. I think that Sheehy has some price match thing.

1/2 will play, then play them against each other. Then you will eventually get people who say they can't go any lower. I had $33248 out the door in VA with everything included incl $900 worth of accessories. Already "used" the roof racks to move stuff.

Good luck.
  • ibeplatoibeplato Member Posts: 13
    just bought a celestial blue EX-L in the D.C. area, they are very difficult to find and the dealers won't do much on price. If I wanted a white, silver, or red one I could have gotten a better deal but the wife was set on blue.

I went through USAA buying service, quotes ranged from invoice price to $1k over, but when I called around I found that the ones offering the lowest prices didn't have any left in stock. Other dealers tried to mandate "$500 dealer enhancement packages" of over-priced options like pin-striping.

Anyway, we ended up getting a quote of $35,200, around $300 under invoice, with no dealer enhancements. Out the door, with a 6/75k extended warranty, was around $37,700k.
  • urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    dh37,

I'm also looking to buy an ex-l. Could you give the detail of your OTD price @ norris?

Thanks,
  • jbrook10jbrook10 Member Posts: 7
    Just ordered a Smokey Topaz EX-L, $33,700 + TTL and doc($200) no other dealer extras included besides 1yr free maintenance. Was hoping to get one for less but almost all of the local dealers had off colors or none in stock. Ordered from Honda Kenosha in Wisconsin. They also had none in stock. Mine should arrive in 4-5 weeks. Did still qualify for the 0.9 financing though.
  • ricomamboricomambo Member Posts: 4
    I just got a quote for a Honda Odyssey EX for $29,935 including destination charge. Out the door is $33,227, this is in West Covina CA. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? We plan to take advantage of the 0.9% interest offer for July 4th. Thank you!
  • sww2sww2 Member Posts: 9
    Just a heads up......anyone considering purchasing this van should be sure to review the Honda Odyssey transmission issues forum and research the van further.
  • na2lana2la Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences & gave very sound advice. We are about to close a deal on the EX-L (No NAV/RES).

$34,899 OTD (After TTL) , with 0.9% Financing. I think this is good for this 'expensive' DC Area.

Negatives
    No color we wanted. Only silver, white & mocha metallic & delivery is July 8th or 9th.

Dealer said vehicle comes with wheel locks & pin stripe.

Good deal? What do you think? :)
    Just curious what was the color you wanted. We purchased ours last Friday and I only wanted Celestial Blue so we are waiting for this one to be built. Should get it sometime mid July but we still were able to lock in the 0.9%. I know for me there is no second choice of color when it comes to buying a car. Let us know how you like it. We have never had a van before so we are anxious to get it. What color did you get?