Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500 Owners

13»

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    One thing to remember about parasitic drains. They are very difficult to find sometimes taking hours to track down. This is not something a dealer will willingly do as GM will not reimburse them on the man hours it takes to find it.

I seriously doubt that it's the starter or ignition switch due to the fact that it starts right away when jumped.

The fact that you ran the snowplow all winter pretty much eliminates the snow plow as the culprit although it might not hurt to get it checked.

I was never a fan of trickle charging batteries. If the battery was near death the trickle charger will only postpone it for awhile as the battery will not hold a charge for very long.

A lot of times the drain can be attributed to the power seats for some reason or other. Not sure in your case.
  • learncprlearncpr Member Posts: 8
    The saga continues...
    Last week the truck started on the first attempt in the morning but it hesitated quite a bit before it did. Ran it for about a minute, then shut it off. By 6 PM dead. Got it jumped, drove it around for 15 minutes and didn't have a problem. Even took it out of town over the weekend. No problems. The difference... I turned off/cancelled the Dome Lamp over ride switch so my domes don't come on when I open the door. After I returned home (3 hour drive). I turned the switch back on so the lamps would come on at door opening. Today(4 days later)... Dead Again. Could this little button be involved or do you think merely coincidence? Taking it back to dealer tomorrow. Had I been unable to get it started last week and not go out of town this would be the fourth trip for the same thing. Got 16.5 mpg highway, so when I can get it started it runs fine. It is just goofy due to the fact it sat out all winter and ran a plow without even a hint of a problem. Never a hesitation. The weather warms up, I start taking the bike to work and drive it very little now it won't start.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    I've never heard of anyone who had a problem with the dome overide switch. It seems that you may have found the problem. Coincidence? perhaps but it seems pretty obvious.

Good luck!!
  • otto8otto8 Member Posts: 116
    These GM truck threads are pretty quiet since they split them up!
    Sure miss the good ol' days of havin' fun with the tundra boys!

A short howdy to Ryan, Quadrunner, Oby and the rest of the old
    crew wherever they may be!

Anyhoo my 07 Chevy 2500 gmt-900 x-cab now is almost 2 yrs old and
    has 16k miles. It has been flawless and has worked hard either heavy
    towing, hauling or snowplowing. The only work that I have done on it are
    oil and filter changes and only one dealer visit to reset the tire pressure
    monitor system so I can run the LT tires at other than the recommended
    50 frt./80rear pressures while not hauling or towing for a softer ride
    without the TPMS nanny going nuts!

"Good luck on this one now!" :P
  • jwhnyjwhny Member Posts: 1
    2002 2500 HD 6.0 34000 miles

Have loud air escape noise coming from engine compartment. Seems like it only happens when real cold. When driving down road at 2000 rpm it started releasing this loud air escape noise ( like air was building up & then realeasing). Did every 10 seconds. temp outside was aprox. 10 degrees. Stoped & sat for 1 minute & let idle. When resuming drive it stoped making noise.Has done this on 4 different ocasions.

Taking a guess I thought something must be frozen & The emission control air pump was building up pressure & then blowing off.

Any ideas ?
    Still pretty beat around here still eh?

Well my 07 gmt-900 2500 4x4 is now pushing almost 18k miles.
    Not many more miles since I posted here in Nov.
    But I can tell ya those few miles have been hard on this poor truck
    as its really only been used for snowplowing since another brutal snowy
    winter has arrived here in northern NY.
    Not to mention having 3 other vehicles to drive might be the reason for
    so little usage....................

No problems or dealer visits except for a $19.95 oil and filter change.
    Well as another snowplowing season has about ended my 07 2500
    is due to get unstrapped from the plow and could use a good rest
    as well as a nice polish and detail. The poor thing worked hard pushing
    our daily major snowfalls and lake effect squalls here in northern NY.

No issues or problems and truck has needed nothing but a oil and filter
    change! Its gonna rest for a few weeks then its time to put it back to work
    hauling the camper, boat, jet skis or big toy box for another summer of fun!
    Well approaching 26k miles almost 3 yrs old and another snowplowing season
    is nearing this 07 gmt-900 2500 is ready for snowplow duty once again!
    As far as issues or problems I had to have the steering rack? replaced under
    warranty for leaks. Aside of that NO other issues and no other work needed except for a few more $19.95 oil changes.
    I am still unsure if I will trade it this spring 2010 as I usually do with all my trucks
    as the economy still sucks, my businesses are slow and this bad boy is paid for
    not to mention the 5/100 warranty will cover any drivetrain issues that might pop up
    pounding this poor unit snowplowing cuz it ain't no driveway queen!
  • sweethdsweethd Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Silverado 2500 4x4 with a 4.10 rear end and 6.0L engine. This problem is getting worse and worse. The truck shifts fine until I get up to interstate speeds (65-70mph) and then hesitates prior to going into overdrive. It will run 2800 rpm at 70mph on flat land. The only times it will go into overdrive is when just starting up a hill (sometimes). When in OD, it will hold 70mph up a 9% grade at 2400 rpm. As soon as the road levels off or starts down, the rpms will jump back to 2800 and it will no longer be in OD and will not return to OD. My interstate mileage has dropped from 14 to 10 with no load. Any ideas? Torque Converter issue possibly?

On a side note, the computer has been spewing out codes indicating 3 of the 8 cylinders are repeatedly misfiring. Dealer has cleaned the fuel injectors and ran some sort of GM fuel system cleaner through the system, but the problem persists.
    Long time no post as these forums are a ghost town since these forums turned into a pro import/anti American vehicle site !

Still have my 07 Chevy 2500 4x4 gmt-900 now with a measly 56k miles.
    No issues of any sort and the only maint. has been oil and filter changes, a new set of tires at 35k, brake pads all around and rear rotors along with a tranny service at 50k.
    Still workin' it plowing snow in the winter and pulling the boat, camper or toy box in the summer.
    Will wait for the 2014s for a new GM truck at this point...........................