Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Sebring Owners - Meet the Members

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited October 2014 in Chrysler
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Sebring!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• stevemcsestevemcse Member Posts: 1
    How about adding Dodge Stratus Coupe owners also? The cars are almost identical.
  • sp01sp01 Member Posts: 81
    2001 Sebring LXi coupe
    Ice Silver Pearlcoat
    AutoStick (Sportronic)
    ABS
    Traction Control
    Leather
    Moonroof
    Silver wheels (no chrome for me, thank you very much!)

No mods at this time, although I'm thinking constantly.

Steve: there is a Stratus board as well. I'm hoping they're linked, so we can all share the info we get!
  • russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    2001 LXi sedan
    Inferno Red
    all options
    About 7,000 miles so far, one problem, a resistor in the HVAC went, leaving only high speed fan operational. Fixed promptly by our 5*.
    Other cars are an '01 Chrysler 300M and a '90 Mazda MIata.
  • dski69dski69 Member Posts: 3
    with a:

Black 2001 Sebring LXi coupe
    Grey leather interior
    5-spd manual transmission
    4 wheel ABS
    Chrome wheels
    AEM cold-air intake
    Eibach Pro-Kit springs
    Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 225/45-17 high performance tires
    Magnalfow Mirror Finish Street series muffler
    Moonroof
    Tinted windows (35% front/25% rear)
    Momo Burlwood/Brushed aluminum shift knob
  • adeckadeck Member Posts: 1
    2001 LXi Convertible
    Bright Silver
    ABS
    4 CD Changer
    Taupe Leather

Got it Thursday and Georgia weather has been perfect. I am loving the top-down life. I finally have a car other than my wife's hand-me-down kidmobile's (minivan, suburban).
  • stoosh95stoosh95 Member Posts: 14
    Ordered: 9/3/00
    Picked up: 11/7/00
    Current Miles: 10,300

What I got...

Deep Indigo Blue Metallic
    Beige Leather
    5 speed manual
    ABS
    4 CD, in-dash

The rest is standard LXi equipment

Problems: nothing major, just the standard set of issues everyone else seems to have.
    Water on the side windows upon roll-down/roll-up.
    Weird 'creaking' noise out of the rear suspension.

I plan to deal with these shortly before the warranty runs out (mainly, gonna keep it as-is for another 22,000 miles ... as long as nothing ELSE crops up)

Satisfaction Quotient (out of 10): 11, this car is a dream to drive. I have ZERO regrets buying this car. I also love the 'exclusivity' of owning one of these ... since 11/00, I've seen maybe 5-6 other coupes on the road (seen plenty of sedans tho, go figure).

That's all for now.
  • karlsu99karlsu99 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I'm Karl. I got my Silver LXi sedan two weeks ago today. It's got:

- Dark Grey Leather interior (though to keep the floors clean)
    - Luxury Group (autostick, prem. speakers, alloy whells, etc.)
    - Moonroof
    - 4 CD Changer
    - Side Airbags
    - ABS

No problems so far, other than the alignment a bit off. Five star dealer fixed that up today. So far so good!
  • delicaterosedelicaterose Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm Jean >:-) Got my Sebring in March, dealership wrecked it in April... you can read the sad story on the board, msg #232... <:-(

2001 Sebring LXi coupe
    ice-silver
    grey leather
    5-speed

pros: NO blind spots! fun to drive, great infinity stereo and cd changer

cons: creaking noise, windows wet for days, cheap looking plastic dashboard, poor resale value!
  • vlisvlis Member Posts: 28
    Took delivery of my Sebring LXi sedan in December, loaded except for sunroof. Just over 7K on the clock now. Still in heaven. Plan to install a 300M chrome shifter today or tomorrow.
    I've clocked about 1800 miles thus far, and I'm noticing a few gravel stings on the nose already.

I'm not much of a fan of bras (ummmm), but has anyone else added or considered a little front-end protection?
  • leebealeebea Member Posts: 25
    Hi,
    I'm Lee and my auto is a two month old 2001 Sterling Blue Limited. It has everything but the smokers package (and I would have paid the $20 to eliminate it). NOBODY smokes in any of my automobiles.
    It's my toy. It has about 650 miles on it and has never been out in the rain. It will not see any snow in the winter either. That's what my Blazer is for.
    This is my first ever Chrysler product so I read every review I could find before I bought it, even though I fell in love with it the first time I saw one on display in the shopping mall. So far I like the treatment of Daimler-Chrysler and my dealer.
    I've never been one for computer forums, but this one has been fun. I check it at least once a day to see what people have to say.
    Thanks Karen S. if you're responsible for this "owners club".
    Lee B.
  • venez68venez68 Member Posts: 2
    I have an LXi sedan with:
    ABS
    Sunroof
    Side Airbags
    Chrome Wheels
    Stereo Upgrade
    Deep Sapphire Blue W/Taupe int.
    Got about 2K on it and no problems so far. Except about a month ago some dope backed up into me and scraped the bumper and put a dent on the edge of the hood. No problem though his insurance co. paid for everything including the rental. The body shop did an excellent job,can't even tell it was fixed. This is also my first Chrysler product and all i can say is what a sweet ride! I get alot of people doing a double take when i blow by them. Good Luck with your new Sebrings everyone.
    I've got the hood mask on my car. Not the entire bra that sits over the fender and all, just the part that goes over the hood. I went onto Chryslers' website to the accessories page. Then I ordered it from my local dealer, took about 2 days for it to come in. It looks pretty good, I think alot better than the full bra. The only problem is when it rains or you wash your car, you must take it off and dry it or else the paint under the mask will eventually fog. A little extra hassle, but it really cuts down on the stone chips.

Dave
    Thanks. I'm going shopping.

venez68: "I get alot of people doing a double take when i blow by them..." It IS sweet, isn't it?

Congrats to all who have made the purchase!
  • theweissmantheweissman Member Posts: 28
    This is Steve from New Jersey. My company ended its fleet car program this spring, and all us employees have been forced to use our own cars. After 20 years driving company cars (and dreaming of convertibles), I was forced to buy a car for the first time in my life. After test driving a 2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi convertible, there really was no other car worth considering.

Ive had my silver Sebring for about 7 weeks (and about 3800 miles) now. When I wake up in the morning, I cant wait to hop in the car for a top-down drive. At the end of the work day, nothing feels better than that top-down drive home!

The car is polished with 2 coats of Zaino so far, and I wash it weekly. You can see my pride and joy here. My wife laughs: the company car got washed maybe twice a year.

My only complaint about this car is that it doesn't have as much pickup as I'd like. But that aside, I love my Sebring convertible!

Steve

• vlisvlis Member Posts: 28
    Gorgeous! Quite a contrast with that car in the background. ;-)
    Too bad it's such a boring car, eh?...;-)

I knew it wouldn't take long before we got a Sal clone in here...[-P
  • btevesbteves Member Posts: 1
    Hi all Sebring owners!
    I have:
    2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Lxi
    Black w/beige leather interior
    moon roof, chrome 17" wheels (ABS), 4-disc cd in-dash changer.
    So far 11,500 beautiful km's.
    I always get all sorts of compliments on this car for how good it looks and how smooth it rides.
    Great interior space for a sports luxury coupe (esp. in the rear seats)
    I keep looking at this car after I drive it and I feel like adding stuff to the car to make it even better (ie. tint windows, perf. muffler, intake system, maybe a spoiler), but seriously it looks sooo good just the way it is. There are not a lot of cars out there, especially in this price range that you can say that.

I would also like to thank everyone here for their opinions, concerns, and advice.
    Brian.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Well..there's another word to be added to the Spellcheck list! Searing is substituted for Sebring. I'll pass it on to the CM.

Anyone care to suggest other discussions for your club? Accessories & Modifications? Dealers & Service? What Did You Pay? Problems & Solutions?

Also, I'm aware the the Stratus and Sebring are virtually the same, but the clubs are set up by manufacturer. SO, what about a Sebring/Stratus Owners Hang-out (or some other title better than that)? I can link it to both clubs. Let me know what you think.

Nice to meet you all!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    All those things you mentioned do make the car look nicer and run a helluva lot better...I'm not sure about the spoiler however...After much debate, I decided not to install the spoiler, cuz I think it would detract from, not enhance, the look of the rear end. The 300M style rear on the Sebring is so clean and elegant, it just flows. A spoiler would do much to destroy that sophisticated, European look (IMHO)...BTW tinted windows on the black LXi look incredible, gives it an almost menacing aura...the car looks like it means business...I will try to post some pictures eventually, but for now I LOVE MY LXI....

Dave
  • jarrod4jarrod4 Member Posts: 3
    Hey, I'm Jarrod and I've had my LXi coupe since December 15, '00. I've got almost 14k miles on it and everything is going smooth. The only other problem I've noticed is that the little scrathes show up pretty easily on this particular color. Plus, commuting an hour to work everyday doing 75mph gives me a crap-load of bugs on the front and those show up like the scratches. Everyone loves the car as I am pretty easy going about letting people drive it. Sometimes, however, I wish I woulda gotten the 5-speed then throw that AEM cold-air intake on there. A friend of mine has the Stratus coupe, which I convinced her to buy, just so I can trade with her every now and again since she has the 5-speed! I still don't see too many 2001 Sebring or Status coupes out there, which, as we know is quite nice!
    I looked up those two bras on the Chrysler site. The small one won't work for me, since the few chips I've gotten are right on the nose (one on the hood, though). So I'm thinking seriously about the full nose treatment.

One thing: says it's precut for the license plate. I have zero intent of re-installing that bracket (without a fight)! Does it only come that way?

Gave a ride to a co-worker to a company lunch yesterday. On the way home, she suggested we could perhaps become lost. I attribute her rather pleasant suggestion soley to the car...
  • sebargesebarge Member Posts: 50
    Hi all,

We bought our car new in 1998, but I am still as excited about it now as if it were a brand new 2001.

Ours is Candy Apple Red Metallic Tint with Sandalwood Cloth Top and Camel Leather Interior.

It now has almost 54,000 miles on it, and has been ultra reliable. We plan to keep it for many more years.

We have added several things to it, so please check out my site to see pictures of it:

http://convertiblencats.homestead.com/mycar.html

Beth
    You goof! "Oil painting!"...;-)

Nice looking ride. Are you happy with the bra? I'm contemplating one for my LXi coupe.

Mark
  • sebargesebarge Member Posts: 50
    Hi Mark,

Yes, I am pleased with the bra. I got it at the Chrysler dealership a couple years back, and the fit is very good. With love bugs twice per year, I was forced to do something, as those buggers will take the paint off the car. I also always use it for long trips so that the paint won't get chipped from whatever is flying back from trucks or cars. I don't leave it on all the time, and I make sure there is a good coat of wax underneath.

Good luck with your coupe, & thanks for checking out my site. :)

Beth

http://convertiblencats.homestead.com
  • ldarbyldarby Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my car yesterday. It's a 98 white exterior with camel interior. I've never owned a convertible. (Actually, I'm still in shock that I bought it! I'm a very practical person by nature.) Any tips on care would be appreciated. I've already discovered the need for the bra. Summer here brings out lots of bugs!!
    Congrats!

Welcome to the club!
  • silverkatsilverkat Member Posts: 1
    Hi: I'm Glen, also known as Silverkat, my sign in name.. I just put up a site featuring my LXI with some pictures, ordinary, but, it makes me happy. http://www.lxi.cc My car's a

2K1 Black LXI coupe with a 5 speed. Has gray leather, chrome 17"wheels, moonroof, basically the whole package...I've tinted the windows 35/25, which is legal in Virginia, and added a cold air induction system.. Will be doing more,as time goes by. Haven't seen another coupe, yet, got mine in March. Only have 3K on the odometer, so far...Love it...
  • venez68venez68 Member Posts: 2
    Great looking car,good luck with it!
  • mdwesleymdwesley Member Posts: 1
    I've had my '97 Sebring Convertible for over a year now. I love it (except for the brakes - see other postings). I bought it with only 36K miles on it and plan to put many more. It's black with Tan Vinyl Top and a V-6.

I would like to see a problem and solutions discussion.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    That discussion has been created!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • sunnydeysunnydey Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone! I am glad that I can finally join this group! I pick up my 2001 Limited Sebring convertible tomorrow!

My car is sterling blue satin glow with the Limited dark navy top and navy and cream interior. As of right now, it has only six miles on it, but that will change as soon as I get my hands on it! I'm taking off from work on Friday so that I can drive around in it all day long! I am really excited!!!
  • drwilscdrwilsc Member Posts: 140
    Congrads. Your car sounds beautiful! Please post pictures! I would like to have bought a convertable, but combine living in northeastern Ohio (only about 5-6 good convertable months / year) and having a 9 month old son and I went with the sedan instead. Mine is a silver LX with the 2.7 V6, CD changer, and sunroof. I've had it about 7 months now and still absolutely love it.
  • heather20fanheather20fan Member Posts: 5
    Fell in love with this color right away. Picked up my 2002 Saturday. I live in Indiana, so it wasn't a practical choice...but who wants to be practical all the time. Have had the top down a few times, but have been too busy at work to take an extended drive. Looking forward to the spring when I can take the car to Arizona and really enjoy the sunshine.
    Congratulations! and welcome to the club. There needs to be another discussion group in the TH for Sterling Blue Limited convertible owners. You're probably the first of the 2002 owners. I've been trying to see one to see if there is any difference at all from the 2001's.
    Indiana's no less practical than Massachusetts but like you say, who wants to be practical all the time. In any case, it's a great looking vehicle top up or top down. It's just more fun top down.
    Wishing you many trouble free and happy miles,
    Lee B.
  • jswtnjswtn Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2002 Sebring Coupe LXi, dark titanium, leather, chrome 17" wheels, sunroof, and autostick at the end of October. My wife wants me to park it for the winter. She wants to save mileage and minimize winter wear the first year. I have 2600 miles on it. I love the looks. The other night turning left through an intersection, I noticed a black sebring owner staring at my car with his mouth wide open. I guess he liked it too. The dark titanium really seems to shine at night. The chrome wheels don't hurt it either. So far everything has been running fine. I have noticed a slight hesitation when I use the autostick and shift up. I will have the dealership check it when I take it in for 3k checkup. It seems the car is quicker from a stop when using the autostick. Anyone else noticed this. Enjoy reading everyone's comments.
  • smorganbelsmorganbel Member Posts: 1
    I had to make a new car purchase when I discovered my trusty 1995 Dodge (with 106K) miles needed a new engine. I could just see the transaxle going after I invested $3K in parts and labor for the engine, so I went shopping for a new car. I had planned on getting a Dodge Stratus, but surprise! Got a fantastic deal on an '02 Sebring LX, my lil' black beauty -- just $16,200 out the door. I'm a devoted Chrysler Corp man, but this is my favorite one yet! She drives like a charm, and gets a lot of admiring glances and even stares. Coming out of a Spirit, I'm gonna have to get used to that! :-)

Question: does Chrysler make the trendy clear taillights for this vehicle? (I wasn't able to find anything on the Mopar site; one of the links is bad for the accessories.) I don't notice many American makes with them, but you never know. I think they would look pretty sweet on this vehicle, especially in black, and wouldn't mind making the investment in them.

If anyone here knows, sharing the info would be appreciated. Thanks much!

SMB
  • magnusvtmagnusvt Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2002 LXi convertible in Deep Sapphire Blue. I got it with tapue leather, heated seats, 4-disc changer, and anti-lock brakes. Only one word can describe my first week of ownership: WOW. I love this car, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Talk about a head turner, someone pulled up next to me and rolled down their window just to tell me how much they liked it. I used to drive a 1990 Nissan Maxima SE, so I too have had to get used to the stares :-). I could go on for pages... WHAT A CAR.
  • jin_satxjin_satx Member Posts: 40
    Just picked up my 2002 LXI convertible on May 31st.
    Damn thing is drop dead gorgeous. Lt. Almomd Pearl, tan cloth top, Sandstone leather interior.
    Had sports car convertibles in the past and one 89 Mustang GT convertible, but it had been 9 years since the GT and I just had to have another convertible. Everybody I know is calling it my mid-life crises car (54 years old), but I just call it fun, fun, fun, fun, and happy, happy, happy. Traded a 2000 Passat GLX, crazy huh, nope, I liked the Passat, but no fun. I just love this car and plan on keeping it forever. Will keep it garaged and well maintained and in a few years it will only be used for weekends and special days.

Can you love a machine? You can if it's a gorgeous Sebring Convertible.
  • wkhowlandwkhowland Member Posts: 7
    The Car Connection Spy Report has the '03 Coupe getting change to the front and rear. Does anyone have sketches or pics of the '03.

In suspence,

Raven
  • cooldivacooldiva Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a new 2003 sebring Lxi with black exterior and leather inside. It is beautiful!! Also a in-dash 4 disc CD changer! Not to mention the mounted controls on the steering wheel. The leather inside looks 100% better than my 98 LXI. The new one looks so sporty, stylish, and sleek!!! I love those 17" wheels!! I tinted the windows it just looks fabulous. Oh yea 200HP!!
  • adp3adp3 Member Posts: 446
    I seem to remember someone had posted pics of his/her Sebring convert. and they had bought an aftermarket wind screen - has anyone else done this? Does it work?
  • zaxxon25zaxxon25 Member Posts: 3
    Cooldiva, sounds like you and I purchased very similar vehicles. In February I picked up a black 2003 Sebring LXi couple, 5 speed with leather & sunroof. So far no problems. In comparison with my old Nissan Maxima it handles quite a bit better and is much quieter, but does not accelerate as quickly.

The wind deflectors definitely help reduce wind noise from the open sunroof. Mine is quite noisy at speed and definitely needs one. I noticed the dealer was selling them for $95 installed. There are various aftermarket ones you can purchase as well for half the price.
  • jneo25jneo25 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a 2004 and love it. It's so fun!
  • tonytoptonytop Member Posts: 2
    Just returned from a day of "looking" at several dealerships.. found the right mix .. car, dealer and salesperson.. WOW! now i own my long sort after dream! A 2004 limited with the 6 cd chgr, heated seats for my tush in the cold days and a "touch " shifter ! All enclosed in a bright silver ! Makes me feel like a youngster again.
  • ml18ml18 Member Posts: 1
    Got a good deal, $20,500 out-the-door. Great looking silver pearl, V6, next to top of line goodies. But, the worst brakes of any car I owned. On rainy highway, when first you hit the brakes you get a heart attack. Nothing, for a long second or so. I heard others with the same problem. Also, lost trans fluid from cooler hose leak. A full week wait for parts, back-ordered everywhere. Maybe a lot of failures. Then the old "check engine" light showed up a brake control module needed replacing. Again, the little light required the main control module to be replaced, only a $900 job if out of warranty. Not long after, the blower control stopped working. Now, at 31,000 the trans or cv joint hums at around 40 or 45. What else is coming?
    I hope for some feedback from you members. I have just joined, and I don't see much action on this chat. Dead since Aug. 5th. Where'd y'all go?I'm Marty, ml18
    I'm really surprised to see a relatively new Sebring convert with the problems Marty (ml18) is having. Makes you wonder what the previous history was. Marty, have you tried to use Carfax.com? I'd be an unhappy owner too if I was you. Will the dealer work with you to overcome these unusual problems? I'm sure my dealer would, but after going to some of these message boards he may be the exception.
    Sorry for the feedback delay but I don't check the TH often because there isn't much activity. Back in '01 when I bought my '01, there was a lot of activity here. I don't know where everyone went.
    Lee B.
  • sparco1sparco1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying 97 or 98 Chrysler Sebring coupe. I heard from some people I talked to that Chrysler is a weak car in terms of load carrier parts, like wheel brackets, suspension elements etc. However, none of them ever owened one, so It would not be a good idea to believe them 100%.
    Here I read of other several problems Chryslers have.

What will real Chrysler owners recommend - to be or not to be. I leave in Russia and wanted to order one form US. We have a Chrysler dealership and parts avaliable, but if it is going to be a problem car......you understand.

my e-mail: [email protected]

I would really appreciate some feedback on this issue.

Thanks.
  • tr13tr13 Member Posts: 10
    Go and look at the other chat boards - problems and Sebring Convertible. I have had a ton of problems with my 2002 Sebring Covt. I currently have a love/hate relationship with my car. I keep waiting for the next thing. Here is my list of issues:
    Window regulators had to be replaced.
    Tranny cooling line leak.
    AC honk - TSB for this.
    Ticking noise - TSB for this also. New mount had to added to the exhaust system.
    My tranny is very rough when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. Took it into the dealer 3 times, no help. I would never recommend to anyone to buy another Chrysler. Good luck with yours.
  • rogerb1rogerb1 Member Posts: 1
    In Jul 1998, I purchased a '96 Sebring Conv w/25k miles on it and paid $12k. I added a new set of tires for ca. $400. I presently have 80k miles on it, have put about $5k in maintenance & repairs incl. new heated rear window, replaced an oxygen sensor in the engine, & just today put on another set of new tires ($340). The top is beginning to go and will need to be replaced this year of next (about $600 incl. labor). Otherwise, I love the 2.4 liter 4-cylinder engine -- it's peppy, great mileage (32 interstate/26 city), it's a fun car and I recommend it to everyone. But, I can't see spending what they want for new ones ($25-32k).
This discussion has been closed.